I Need A Girl. D SWING (Compl...

By sereniity-

🎢 Most of these girls be confusing me. I don't know if they really love me or they using me.🎢 - I Need A Gi... More

❁ Cast List ❁
❁ Engagement Party ❁
❁ Adidas Superstars ❁
❁ Let's Work This Out ❁
❁ Just Keeping A Low Profile ❁
❁ Everything Is Not As It Seems ❁
❁ Don't Be Someone You're Not ❁
❁ But Your Lies Ain't Working Out ❁
❁ We Need A Resolution ❁
❁ Make No Mistake, She Needs A Break ❁
❁ Ain't No Jodeci Without DeVante! ❁
❁ Got A Problem? Let's Resolve It ❁
❁ At The Crack Of Dawn ❁
❁ It's Official, You Got Issues ❁
❁ Start Actin' Your Darn Age ❁
❁ Incomplete Without A Couple's Retreat! ❁
❁ A Problem Shared Is A Problem Halved ❁
❁ Dunno What I Got Myself Into ❁
❁ Real Eyes Realise Real Lies ❁
❁ Not Mad, Just Indifferent ❁
❁ Putting 2 & 2 Together, Literally ❁
❁ Help Me Now, Else I'm Taking You Down ❁
❁ You Better Sit Back Down, Whatcha Mean? ❁
❁ The Feud To End All Feuds ❁
❁ Work With Me Girl, It'll Just Take Some Time ❁
❁ Katari & Severin ❁
❁ Your Loyal Matchmaking Service ❁
❁ It's Gone From Bad To Worse ❁
❁ Where There's A Will, There's Always A Way ❁
❁ Always Stand Up For What You Believe In ❁
❁ You've Been Hit By A Smooth Criminal ❁
❁ Right Now I've Been Down And Lonely ❁
❁ You Such A Diva, Drama Queen ❁
❁ What Are Roommates For? ❁
❁ You Only Say Goodbye With Words ❁
❁ Why You Gotta Go So Low, Bro? ❁
❁ Have To See It To Believe It ❁
❁ I'm Sorry Things Had To Be Like This ❁
❁ I Thought I Had This Under Control ❁
❁ Making Things Right Tonight ❁
❁ It Is Just Me? Or Did You Order A Thorny Tree ❁

❁ I Don't Think You're Ready For This Jelly ❁

28 2 0
By sereniity-

Two chapters left, including this one! My aim is to finish by this weekend. Last chapter will be up tomorrow xx

🎶 I need a girl who's mine, all mine
I need a girl in my life 🎶

Chapter Forty

As DeVante and Solana were having their wedding, Jordan Francis and Katari had just started theirs in the meantime.

Actually theirs had started half an hour ago.

Because Katari was somewhat African, instead of them playing Here Comes The Bride, they were playing some Afrobeat version of Here Comes The Bride instead.

Right now Katari was walking down the aisle and she was dancing the way people did at an African party, with Jordan Francis in the meantime just smiling.

When she had finally arrived, looking as stunning as she had always done, but with the veil closed:

Jordan Francis couldn't help but to stare at her.

Enrique from Serayah's funeral was now a wedding host because being a funeral one had inevitably gotten by far too depressing for his liking.

Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Jordan Francis Johnson and Katari in marriage.

In the months they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.

Normally it was years although for these two, it was months.

He didn't say Katari's second name because he didn't need to— Katari was pretty popular already, plus there was only one of her anyway.

They wanted their wedding to be in a different format than an original one because this was going to be an extraordinary wedding, by the grace of God anyway.

77 people including Jordan Francis, Katari and Enrique were there at the moment, and their wedding was inside, unlike DeVante and Solana's one which was outside instead. 

After Enrique had said that, he wanted them to say some nice things to each other, with Jordan Francis starting first.

He didn't know what to say to Katari without using cue cards to help him.

Katari didn't seem to mind though, plus it wasn't like he was reading directly from them, because he had added on some extra things anyway.

Katari, Jordan Francis had begun, with female members in the audience cheering.

When I first met you at the retreat, I had absolutely no idea that you'd end up being my future wife.

I also never thought that Solana and I would end up divorcing each other either but I guess I was wrong. About both things.

And I'm so glad that you became my fiancée otherwise I wouldn't have met you. I'm so glad that you're in my present because you are a gift to me, Katari, and that will never ever change.

He would have said wife but she was yet to become that.

I promise I will always be there for you through thick and thin, plus I also know that we had a few arguments during our courtship.

But you know what? The arguments are what make us stronger. I'm willing to drop anything for you and I hope you can do the same thing for me too.

People had cheered after that, with Enrique smiling.

This was so much better than being a funeral director any day, anything was better than that even.

After Jordan Francis had said a speech to Katari (short but sweet, which was what he was going for), then Katari had done the same.

Hers though, unlike Jordan Francis was in the form of a poem.

Boy you know I love you
I put nothing above you
And you are so so sweet
That I just wanna hug you!

Jordan Francis, here we go
All up in the zone
You know I got your back
And I'll never leave you alone

I promise that with you
I'll never keep anything hidden
But it doesn't matter, because I trust you
So secrets are strictly forbidden

I love you too through thick and thin
Through the good times and bad
This day has to be
The best day I've ever had!

Everyone had cheered at that, with Jordan Francis smiling as well.

After Katari had said that, and after they had all cheered, they had all sat down, with the person who was supposed to be presenting the rings doing that.

"Now I know you two know that this ring is a symbol of your love so you're supposed to have it on at all times, unless there's a valid reason as to why you can't."

They had nodded, with Enrique talking after Katari's veil had been removed.

It had been on the whole time because they had forgotten to remove it.

Now was the time where Jordan Francis and Katari had said I do. And hopefully they did too otherwise this whole thing would have been a downright waste of time and they knew it.

"Do you Jordan Francis take Katari to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

He had looked at her for a second, with her doing the same thing with him, and he said he did.

"Awesome. And do you Katari take Jordan Francis to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

For some reason, she didn't say anything for a long time, looking at everyone around her instead of Jordan Francis.

Something had told her that she wasn't ready for this all of a sudden, even though she had been looking forward to this day since Jordan Francis had proposed to her.

So no, she didn't, shaking her head.

"I....I don't!"

Everyone had gasped at that, with Katari telling Jordan Francis that she didn't think that she was ready for this.

Although before Jordan Francis was about to say something, the girl had already stormed out, with Enrique announcing it.

Lil Kim, who had also helped her with the poem, Armani, Jordan Francis and Severin had left the scene, looking for her near the toilets.

Severin had known that she had ran off somewhere there, he just didn't exactly see where she had gone.

Lil Kim wanted to split up with the rest of them to find her so they had agreed to do that.

Katari was eventually found in the toilet by Lil Kim either way, with her mascara running as she had sat down on the toilet seat which was closed.

When Lil Kim had seen her, she had called her name. Katari would have closed the door but she didn't because her dress was easily noticed either way.

"Katari, baby! Why the heck did you run out like that?"

She didn't reply, she had just gone up to her and cried.

She had thought that she was ready for this but she wasn't. She really wasn't and she wanted to go home as a result of this.

This had nothing to do with feeling guilty that her wedding was on the same day as DeVante and Solana's.

They genuinely didn't know about that until yesterday, and even then it was by far too late for them to change anything anyway.

Marriage had come with so much responsibility that Katari didn't think she was ready for anymore. Plus her father was a widower, she was worried that she would have been a widow.

Not just that but Jordan Francis had divorced Solana— Katari just didn't want anything like that to happen to her she had guessed.

"Katari, love. Look at me."

She had refused so Lil Kim had therefore placed both her hands on her shoulders.

"I keep telling you that if you think positively then positive things will happen but if you think negatively then negative things will happen. About the widow thing, I understand you miss your mum. But you've got so long left to go before you leave this Earth!"

She was worried she didn't.

Her mother had died in a car crash last year, in fact like eight months before the retreat, a very unprecedented one too for that matter.

Katari had felt pretty disarrayed and nostalgic since then.

"And Jordan Francis wouldn't dare divorce you honey, you'll work through things. Besides, not all marriages are bad anyway. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip of England were married for 73 years before Prince Phillip tragically passed on."

73 years was a very long time, with Lil Kim promising her that everything was going to be okay. And if she needed anything, she should have let him know ASAP.

They had hugged, with both of them coming out of there after Lil Kim had redone Katari's makeup again.

She had hugged Severin, Armani and Jordan Francis when she had seen them, also apologising to Jordan Francis for being such a mess.

Solana had acted the same way, as in she had stormed out as well.

Jordan Francis internally didn't like how he had kept on attracting women who weren't ready for marriage at their wedding but for inevitable reasons, he had decided to keep this to himself.

He had moreover thought that she wasn't ready because she still had feelings for DeVante or something, but she didn't.

When she had rejected him, she meant it.

One thing though.

"I've noticed you bring up Solana's name quite a lot, so if you want this marriage to work then you've got to stop talking about her, okay? I hope you don't have feelings for her."

"If I did then I wouldn't have divorced her, but I'm sorry. I wasn't always aware I did."

They had forgiven each other and they had gone back— second time round and things went pretty flawlessly.

It didn't matter if Severin had gone to DeVante and Solana's wedding in the long run.

Why?

Because their wedding was ruined too...

I've never really been to a wedding before so I don't really know the format, hence why I've decided to improvise.

And I did research, but the format is kinda long and I can't be bothered to follow it, haha. But hope you enjoyed the chapter either way!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

513K 15.8K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
49.8K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
65 1 20
πŸ’My Crazy House HelpπŸ’ πŸ’ž(She defiled me)πŸ’ž Meet Bryan a god on his own, his name is on the air and no one in the whole country doesn't know him.. W...
258K 5.4K 28
Hi i am Shanaya Kapoor and i am 14.I had a best friend Dev Malhotra and he is a charmer.All the girls in school worships the path he walks.. But i do...