Vixen

By StripperPoleVibes

The only family vixen has ever known are the Santiago's. These are the only people she would die for, and be... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 34

408 6 0
By StripperPoleVibes

Hi so ik ur prolly sick of hearing it but I want to say thank you from me aswell! 10k is insane and we're so grateful xx
~Reece

👻

Flashback, Jacob's POV

"She won't" I said skeptically whilst pulling myself out of the pool to sit next to Harley.

Vixen had been living with us for a few weeks. She kept to herself, only speaking when necessary. She was always alert though — watching us, maybe even silently judging.

She was sat on the grass with the sun blazing down on her. I caught her glancing at us as dad threw the weights in the pool and Harley and I raced for them.

Harley kicked her legs in the water, "She might?"

"We asked her to join yesterday, and she said no."

"But maybe this times different?" Harley was too optimistic. To me, it looked like vixen didn't want to be here. I couldn't blame her really. I knew so little of what she had been through, but I knew it was a lot for her to live with us.

"It never is. She even left early from dinner last night too." I mentioned.

"Yeah and? Maybe she really was tired."

"I don't believe it. It's obvious Vixen doesn't want to be here, so we need to let her have her space."

"But—"

Dad clapped his hands for our attention, interrupting Harley, "You two ladies done gossiping?" 

"We're not gossiping... We're just talking. What's wrong with that?" I said ruffling my wet hair.

"Nothi—"

"Don't you want your children to have a friendly relationship dad?" Harley raised her brows.

"Yeah dad," I threw my arm around Harley and pulled her into me, "We're besties."

"I wouldn't go that far." Harley murmured, trying to push me away, but I wouldn't let go. "Let go Jake." She pushed.

I smiled as she squirmed, "Let go!"

I laughed, tightening my arm, keeping her in a head lock.

"Dad! Tell Jacob to let go of me!"

"Jake." Dad warned.

"Ugh, you're such a little snitch." I said pushing her away.

Harley death stared me before standing up. Water dripped from her pink bikini and long brown hair. She tried pushing me in the pool but I didn't budge.

She screamed as I picked her up and jumped in.

"Besties." Dad scoffed as we resurfaced.

"Vixen," Mom called, "Do you want to join them in the game? I think Jacob needs someone to humble him." Mom smiled so bright and friendly, for a moment I thought Vixen might consider her offer.

Vixen looked between us all, her eyes bouncing as she thought. Her emotions were hidden well, but I could almost see her mind working a million miles a second. As if she were going through every possible outcome and situation before making a balanced decision.

It's a quality, even from the start, I admired.

Vixen opened her mouth to say something when Harley quickly spat out, "Please?" She smiled.

Vixen began to stand and I felt the collective happiness between my family. It was nice that Vixen wanted to get involved with our game. It might have only been a game but it was an improvement.

It meant that she was willing to meet us half way.

"Right!" Dad smiled as Vixen walked to the edge of the pool, "You two, out," he waved.

Harley and I climbed out of the pool. Vixen stood calmly, her weight on one leg and her arms crossed. Her naturally coiled hair was bone dry from sitting in the sun, unlike my own hair which dripped water onto the ground.

I must have been looking for too long, as Vixen looked over and met my gaze. Her face stoic, I winked, and hoped I wasn't imagining the hint of a cocky smirk on her lips.

Water sprayed me as Harley flicked her long hair,"Jake, you ready to lose?"

"Are you?"

"Are you both?"

Harley and I both looked over at Vixen in slight shock. The playfulness in her tone was new. Something we hadn't seen before.

She could have been cocky. Or she could have been making her seem cocky. Reverse physiology, or reverse reverse phycology? I didn't know, but I wouldn't put Vixen past any of it.

I couldn't help think that she was tricking me into believing she wasn't serious.

The more I thought about it, the more I felt threatened.

No way she could beat me.

...no way...

My heart sped up at the real competition. I was probably working it up and overthinking. But I managed to convince myself that Vixen was really going to win.

I let Harley win a few times before. But I knew I could win.

This felt different.

My childish way of proving myself through annual summer games was being threatened. And I didn't like it.

17 years. I reigned champ.

I couldn't let Vixen who had been here a few weeks take this.

"Giselle," Dad called, "I'm gonna need your help, honey."

Mum put her book down, and lifted her head so we could see her eyes under her floppy sun hat, "With what?"

"I need a second pair of eyes." He shook his black stopwatch.

"You managed before?"

"Yes but I have a feeling it's gonna be a close one."

Mom smiled, almost brightening the day impossibly more, "Alright then." She folded the corner of her page and set the book down beside her sun bed, "you three best make it worth my time," she sauntered over, "My book was getting good."

Dad lifted the front of mums hat, and pecked her lips. Harley and I made a face at each other, but I knew full well we were both hoping for that in the future.

With mom and dad stood at the far end finish line, dad shouted, "Let's recap the rules. No drowning. No injuries. You must go on, or after, the whistle. And first to touch the edge by my feet, with a weight, wins."

"Peace of cake." Harley snorted.

"As if you're gonna win."

Harley sneered, "I am!"

"You're like 10, shut up. Your skimpy limbs won't be able to keep up." I chuckled.

"How embarrassing for you will it be when you get destroyed by your 15 year old sister? Huh?"

"I don't plan on finding out."

"Okay! Save it for the pool." Dad shouted, "On my mark,

"Get set,"

Dad blew the whistle.

Immediately I dived in. I caught a glimpse of Vixen doing the same, and felt the splash of Harley's jump.

I saw the three weights drop down in the middle of the pool, and decided to go for the middle as it was closest.

I glided through the water like a mermaid. I was majestic really.

Until Vixen swam beside me and snatched my weight. I grabbed her ankle before she could swim to the finish line and tried taking my weight back.

Through my blurred vision I could see her brows were pinched and her hair was floating above her head.

I fought for the weight but Vixen fought for it too. In a mess of bubbles my lungs started stinging.

I gave up on the weight and let Vixen go. Swimming for the other one on the floor of the pool. I thought I could catch her up out of strength.

The pool was big, long, and I had the advantage of swimming in it since a child.

It was my last chance.

So I swam as fast as my arms and legs would take me. I passed Vixen but she sped up and over took me.

Vixen swam to the edge, looking back to me with a smug face of victory. She stuck her middle finger up, before resurfacing.

I was a second behind her and gasped for air.

I looked over to see Harley sat on the edge with an even smugger face. There was a new tally beneath Harleys name on the chalk board, "No way—"

"Yes way! Guess who won! Me! Hahaha!" She laughed.

"Sorry son, but ya snooze ya lose." Dad smiled.

I had gotten so caught up in beating Vixen that I forgot about Harley.

I looked over to Vixen. She had climbed out of the pool, and sat on the edge with her feet dangling into the water.

She looked pretty in the sunlight.

"Well done Harls!" Mom smiled and kissed her head, "Well done to you all,"

"Well done Harley." I smiled.

Harley smiled a genuine smile to me, "Thank you,"

"Well done," Vixen said kindly. Although she didn't smile, I could sense her happiness.

And I hoped she felt like she belonged with us.

"Alright who's having food!" Mom shouted, making us all shout back our agreement.

We all sat around in our towels and ate burgers and hotdogs just enjoying each other's company. We had a fire going as the sun began to set, casting oranges and pinks into the sky.

In my joggers, I lounged on a garden sofa, as Dad talked about his motorcycle. Harley was invested, asking questions, and Mom leaned on his shoulder.

My mind wondered for a bit, but I came back to the thought of how much I love my family. I felt so lucky to have them and I was genuinely grateful.

I looked passed dad to see through the windows, and spotted the piled up dishes. As everyone spoke and laughed I decided to sneak off and clean up.

I managed to get away without anyone noticing and began to clean.

I didn't particularly enjoy cleaning, but I wanted to do something to help.

"Boo!"

I whirled and pinned someone against the counter behind me.

Vixen looked up to my face with a smirk.

"You shouldn't scare me like that." I said.

My natural instinct to pin her left us closer than we had ever been. I could see the very faint freckles on her nose and the sparkle in her eyes.

"You gonna back off? Or keep staring at me?"

I shook myself free and stepped away. My head was lowered as I leaned against the sink, "Sorry,"

Vixen shrugged, "You left this outside," She said holding up a plate before putting it into the soapy hot water.

"Thanks," I said turning around and resuming.

Vixen went to the fridge and took out a bottle of water. I heard the crack as she opened the lid and began drinking.

"We have some stronger stuff, you know?" My dad chuckled as he walked into the kitchen.

I looked over wondering what he was on about, until he took out a bottle of wine, "Your sister has been asking to try some," He rolled his eyes playfully.

"And you're gonna let her?" I asked.

"Better here with us, where we know she's safe, than passed out in a field. Let her find her limit."

I chuckled.

"Also, thank you son," he gestured to the dishes, "your mum was dreading doing that in the morning," He patted my back as he walked back towards the fire.

Once dad was out of sight, I shook my hands to get the bubbles off, and went towards the alcohol cupboard.

"What are you doing?" Vixen asked.

"Wanna play a game?"

"A game?"

"A drinking game." I pulled out some type of vodka from the back, "With this," I read the label, "Vodka?" I raised a brow.

"Vodka tastes like acid." Vixen drank some of her water.

"I know, but it'll be good for the game."

It was a Saturday. No responsibilities for the next day, so I could afford to have some fun. But I've drank with mum and dad before. And let's just say I hope to never do it again.

Vixen took a second to consider before nodding, "Go on then. Before I change my mind."

I smiled devilishly. And grabbed her hand leading her up the stairs, and up the stairs further, into my bedroom.

Maybe this was a way for Vixen to get to know me, make her feel more comfortable. We weren't strangers by any means, she had been living with us for weeks so that's got to count for something, but we weren't exactly friends either.

And what's better than breaking the ice with alcohol?

I watched Vixen subtly look around my room at the dark interior, with the lamp on the bedside table casting a soft glow.

It struck me we were still holding hands, so I lead Vixen to my bed for her to sit, and let go.

"Nice room."

"Thanks,"

"Cleaner than I expected."

"I try,"

The corners of Vixens lips tilted up, "So what games do you know?"

•👻•

"Vixen..."

I felt the alcohol. My head was heavy and my filter was gone.

And so was Vixens.

We started with never have I ever. And one thing after another, we were both drunk.

She was strong. So strong.

But she was in pain.

"Please don't cry." I said softly. Once she opened up about her parents dying and being left without anyone, her pain became apparent.

Maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe she just felt more comfortable to share such vulnerability with me, but it all came out.

We were sat on the floor, leaning against the bed, and her head was on my shoulder. I shifted and Vixen looked up at me with her tear-stained cheeks and blood-shot eyes. She was gasping and sniffling to stop the tears, but I knew they had to come out. God knows how long she was trying to hide them.

I helped her up and into my bed. I got in next to her and held her into my chest as she sobbed.

I had always found touch comforting, and I hoped Vixen felt the same because it was all I could offer. I didn't know what to say, there probably wasn't anything I could say to help.

But I could be there.

And from that moment I promised myself I always would.

•👻•

Sooo I think this is where it all starts. Where they give each other a chance.

- Reece

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 581 49
{Sequel to The Deal} Hope is back with vengeance. Every single person who had the audacity to threaten her and her daughter will pay, even if she en...
1.8M 74.2K 104
Pushing him away from her, she screamed at him ; " This wedding was an option for you.. But not for me.! You really think that if given the opportuni...
1.1M 8.5K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
19K 424 34
**π–π€π‘ππˆππ†**( complete) This story will have sensitive topics that meant be triggering to some readers. So please be advised. π•π’πœπ­π—Όπ«π’πš ...