Reincarnated in SCP - (Hiatus)

By Gilthur

Asner Graves was a child who regained the memories of his past life. Followed after that was the arrival of h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 2

28.7K 663 292
By Gilthur

Chapter 2: Father and Son

   Asner's day of birth was both one of the happiest and saddest days of his life. Happy because he was a father and have a child. Sad and grieving because, a few moments after Asner has been born in this world, his wife passed away. Only leaving him with her son and the name that she has given to their child.

Ansell Graves wouldn't expect that he would become a widower. She has been healthy and in good condition. They have many plans for the future together and raising their son. It was crashed the moment that the doctor and nurses informed him that there are complications that happened during the birth of their son.

He could only enter the room. Watch his wife as she told him the name of their son. Hold his hand, smiling during her last moments, and fade away while saying "I love you." Her grip on him loosened. Tears started falling on his eyes as he heard the cries of their child in the background.

Soon, the news of her death reached their relatives and friends. Many acquaintances attended and offered him their condolences. Her parents also attended and offered to let them take care of their child if he can't.

Ansell could admit that he wavered on the offer. Looking at their child, remind him of her. It left him feeling cold and twisting his heart and wrenching it. So painful that he feels he wouldn't be able to bear with them. In the end, he refused the offer. He was certain that his wife wouldn't forgive him if let their child go. He wouldn't also forgive himself if he just let Asner be taken away by his grandparents. His wife has left him. He wouldn't also let his child be taken away from him too. Asner is the only one he has left.

--------------

Being a father wasn't easy. Raising a baby alone was more difficult. Searching the internet, buying handbook guides, and even asking for acquaintance advice– Ansell has done all of them. He wouldn't able to do his job and take care of Asner at the same time. He decided to inform his superior of his situation. Ansell was given a one-year leave and he could also come back to his job after that. The university would always welcome him back as he was their youngest and best professor in the University. He was also once upon a time one of their best and most talented students. Ansell was grateful for their consideration and the special favor that was given to him.

Ansell thought that it wouldn't be easy to raise his son. And it was been unusually proven to him. Asner rarely cries. It was only when he was hungry and excreted his waste that he cried. He expected his child to be fussier and like the other children, not like this quiet and behave. He was worried about his unusual behavior.

In the 4th month, he decided to have Asner consult with a pediatrician or an expert in their field. They discovered nothing on his son except much faster physiological advancement and faster mental development than the other children. They didn't find anything detrimental towards those things on his son.

They congratulated him. Ansell doesn't know if he should be more worried or be happy that his son would have a bright future ahead of him.

-----------------

  Ansell watched his son grow from an infant to a young child. Just as those experts said, he was more mentally advanced than the other children. Even it wasn't noticeable at first, it become more and more noticeable as he grows up.

After 1 year, Ansell has also gone back to his job as a professor in a university. He alternated between his son and his job. He doesn't need to work as he was a man who wasn't lacking in money. His wife's family is rich and the same could also be said for his parents. But teaching students was his passion. And being a teacher to guide students was his dream. It is also one of the ways for him to ease his pain and not be reminded of his dead wife.

So he alternated between his job and his son. He would hire a caretaker to take care of Asner or have a neighbor take care of him. He made time for his son but he become busier on his job as a professor. Lately, he would return home late at night and leave at their house in the morning. Weekends were spent sorting out the papers or receiving a call from one of the students in the university and associates. Foods are takeouts or going to restaurants. Bonding time is giving a toy or a book to his son. Sometimes, he would ask how is his son at school. Asner would reply that his grade was good and he got a high score on his test. Satisfied, he would return to plan for his lessons on the students and tackle each of their problems.

Ansell never realize how he was doing an awful job as a father. He indulges in his job and his passion. Forgetting his son on the corner of his mind. Less and less time was spent with his son.

He was also happy that he also met a new professor in the university that has the same passion for teaching the students and knowledge as him.

He was an awful father. Ansell only realize it when his son was comatose after a car accident. He was a useless father. Just like his wife, his son would also leave him. Because he was a selfish man who didn't take care of his son. That one week was the worst moment of his life. He felt regretful and overcome by misery and despair. Every day, he would visit his son unconscious. He would be reminded that he was a useless father. He regretted it. He wishes his son to wake up. The doctor wasn't even certain that his son would wake up ever again.

He got condolences from his associates. Ansell ignored them. He hated himself for taking care of his son. For letting himself indulge in work and for him to be fascinated by the new professor.

It was a miracle that his son woke up. He felt hope and happiness when his son smiled at him.

" ...Fa...there?.. "

He promised himself that he would take care of his son. Never again. So when his fellow professors at university were staring at him because he brought his son after his son's classes, he didn't give a single damn at their judgment.

Ansell also discovered that the newest professor disappeared and retired from being a professor. He discovered that he didn't feel much when she left. It was strange. He thought that he was infatuated with her. Ansell was even planning on wooing and even marrying her before the accident. How strange that after she disappeared, he discovered that he didn't care about her. He also discover that he couldn't work for a very long time. Energized like a workaholic that didn't care about anything when she was in her presence.

Later, he discovered that the other professors also felt the same. What's more ridiculous was that Ansell discovered that the other single professors were even planning on working a relationship with her. Male or Female, they are planning what he was planning to do.

All of them got chills and shivers. They plan to never talk about "her" again. And no one questioned why did she decide to leave.

----------------

Ansell didn't discover unusual with his son first. He thought nothing of his newfound dedication to study and the reports of his teachers regarding his grade. But the 6th month after the accident, his son started acting strange. Walking their neighborhood dogs, insisting on learning how to cook, joining a club, reading a book in a library, washing clothes, etc.

Ansell felt worried. For his son and himself. He doesn't know what his son has driven him to do those things. But when their neighbors and acquaintances started praising his son, he felt that he did deserve it.

" Oh my, what a responsible son you have Mister Graves. Asner has been a good boy visiting our house playing with the other kids and grooming our cat. "

" Really? "

" Yes, In fact, I heard from Mrs. Shredders that she praises your son for being mature and becoming more and more independent! What a lovely kid you have Mister Graves if our son and daughters could be the same as him. A very nice and caring little angel. "

".. I see.. "

" Yet, he was down to earth. What a good kid he is. He would insist that he was normal and just ordinary when he was an exceptional and a very capable kid. He was a dear. "

" ...Thank you for informing me, Mrs. Abbott. "

" Oh, no need to call me Missus. I would prefer if you call me Miss, Abbott. I would be fine if you call me by my first name too. "

" Umm... "

" Do you fancy to have dinner with us, Mister Graves? It would be fine if you even bring a little Asner with you. A family dinner with you two would be very much welcomed. "

" No. I think we are fine having a family dinner of our own. Just us 'two' as a family. "

Ansell quickly left and evaded the invitation of their neighbor. He would be just fine with Asner. He didn't need anyone intruding on their life since he realize that he was doing a bad job as a father and maybe, he didn't still feel any stability in his life. He was such a mess. Ansell needed to fix his problem first before he entertained the thought of finding someone.

------------------

The day after his son's 6th birthday, after the birthday celebration, Ansell received a call from his wife's parents.

It was a happy call from his mother-in-law.

{ Ansell dear, it has been a long time! I hope you are doing fine. How is Asner, I hope that he was doing fine. It's been years since we talk about each other. And I didn't even give my grandson a gift for all of his birthdays. Not even the day that he was born. }

Ansell could hear his mother-in-law sighing sadly. She was probably reminded of her daughter.

" Recently, there was an auction that happened in London. I managed to acquire one of the few items there that reminded me of my grandson. Ansell, could you go to the manor and take the toys? I hope that Asner would like them. The Auction has guaranteed that the items are genuine and special. "

Later, the call ended. Ansell frowned as he thought about the call of his mother-in-law. His son's birthday was the same day that her daughter died. She probably couldn't bear to celebrate it since she was hurting from the loss of her daughter. And now, she was doing her best to communicate with them and enter their lives. She was doing her best to make up for the time that was lost and spent grieving her daughter.

Ansell didn't ask about his father-in-law. Truth to be told. Ansell finds it strange that they would enter on their lives. He clenched his fist. Ansell was afraid. What would they do once they discover about the accident? How he was being an awful father to Asner. Would they take him away from him?

He gritted his teeth. He doesn't want to let go of his son. But maybe, it would be for the better if he was at his grandparent's care. Not an awful father like him.

A day later, he arrived in London at his mother-in-law's manor. Ansell was there to accept the gift. And to confess his sins towards his wife's parents how he was doing an awful job at being a parent. Ansell was already prepared if he would be physically hurt. He was ready to accept any slap from his mother-in-law and a punch from his father-in-law. He wasn't prepared if they would take Asner from his custody but he would accept it. They would do a better job than him.

But what happened at the Manor was out of his expectations. Some kind of terrorist group attacked, held him hostage, and threatened his parents-in-law. Spouting some nonsense on giving those special items and to give them some kind of important information.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 1K 35
Getting Isekai'd to another world is indeed awesome, especially embarking on an adventure as a hero to defeat the Demon King, who turns out to be a w...
217 17 11
What happens when you take a good guy, give him a shitty life and make him live through a trash life with a moderate 9-5 job? you make a suicidal man...
117 0 19
Long, long ago, HUMANS and MONSTERS lived in peace. But not anymore. Plunge back in time to discover what happened all those years ago... A story of...
172K 5.9K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...