Billionaire's Disastrous Kiss

By Selenabanford

When Hailey Evans, an aspirant employee of the marketing department in one of the most wealthiest companies i... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue

Chapter 23

249K 11.4K 5K
By Selenabanford

"W-what?" I stuttered in shock. "B-but you said you don't do love"

"Exactly" Ian casually shrugged.

"So you're giving me an impossible task?" I shot up to my feet in disbelief. "That's cheating"

Ian folded his arms across his chest and raised a brow at me. "This is not a game to cheat. You asked for a way out and this is the way out"

I opened my mouth to argue but then closed it back again as anger thrummed through my veins, fury raging in my eyes. Ian fucking Kingston tricked me. He gave me false hope. Now, I should not surrender to him. If this was the way out then I will take it.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. "Fine" I said in an unwavering tone, looking directly into his eyes. "Challenge accepted. I will make you fall in love with another woman. Give me six months"

Ian smiled, amusement glinting in his eyes. "Fine, but-" He stood up and took a step towards me. "If I were to fall in love with a woman" He tilted my chin up with his finger. "That would be you"

My eyes widened and Ian's lips twisted into a smirk. "So good luck with your challenge"

Then he turned on his heel and walked away leaving me short of breath.

"Oh my god" I gasped for air and slowly sat down on the couch, barely able to move my limbs. "Is he crazy?" I fanned myself with my hand, feeling suddenly sweaty. "That was-" I shook my head in dismay. "I gotta call Lexi"

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialled her number.

"Hello" She answered.

"Lexi where are you?"

"We're still in San Francisco, on our way to the airport"

"When will you be here?"

"At about 6"

"Good" I nodded. "I have to go somewhere tonight. Come with me"

"Where?"

I inhaled sharply, bracing myself for my next words. "To find Ian Kingston a bride"

The other end went silent. Then after a several seconds came Lexi's confused tone. "I'm sorry, what? I think I heard you wrong"

"No, you heard it right. Ian told me he would let me go if I make him fall in love with another woman. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to find him another woman. That's my only way out of this engagement"

Lexi was silent again. "So..." She said after a pause. "How exactly are you going to do that?"

"Club"

"What?"

"We're going clubbing tonight. I've seen many couples who meet each other for the first time inside clubs. So that's the first place we're gonna search a bride for Ian"

"Wow" Lexi breathed. "This is a lot to take in but I'm in. So is Brian whose ear is glued to my phone at the moment"

"Thank you. Meet y'all at 10" I cut the call and tucked my phone back inside my pocket as I walked up the staircase.

I knocked on Ian's door and heard his footsteps approaching the door. When he threw it open, I sucked in my breath.

Ian Kingston was standing before me shirtless, his belt hanging from his loose pants, his zip half undone. I could see the brand of his white boxers as it was partly visible underneath his black pants.

"Oh my god" I quickly covered my eyes with my hand. "What the hell are you doing?" I scolded. "Couldn't you have covered yourself before opening the door?"

Ian sighed. "Last night you slept in my arms while I was half naked. I see no point in covering now"

"T-that" I coughed, blushing furiously as I remembered the events of last night, his kisses on my neck. Fuck. "was different" I blurted helplessly. "So cover yourself the next time"

"Fine" I heard him draw his zip back. "Why did you call me?"

"Get dressed at 10. We're going clubbing"

...

Ian manoeuvred the car around the club as I scanned the long queue in front of the entrance. "My God, we'll never get in" I rolled the window down and sticked my head out. "Where's Lexi and Brian? They should be here by now"

My eyes traveled along the front of the crowd to the back and only then did I notice them, standing at the far end of the queue.

"There there!" I jumped up in my seat, pointing to my friends. "Park the car. Let's go and wait in line with them"

Ian drove the car to the car park and parked it on a spot where there was no beer cans or underwear lying around. Then he got out and glanced at the club with a disgusted look on his face.

"You never came to a club before?" I asked as I climbed out of the car.

"It's filthy" He answered in distaste, his eyes trained on the condom lying a few feet away from us.

"Come on. Let's go now" I grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards the back of the queue.

"What are you doing?" Ian came to a halt.

"What?" I turned to him.

"Why are we going to the back?"

"Uh..." I wrinkled my nose. "Because that's where we're supposed to go?" I said more like a question.

"You remember I'm a VIP right?" He cocked a brow.

"Don't show off"

Ian chuckled. "Come" He dragged me in the opposite direction and approached the bouncer. Ian leaned in and said something to the big man who in return gave a nod and turned side ways, giving up space to walk in.

"What about my friends?" I craned my neck to see them but they were hidden behind the mass crowd before them.

"I told these men to let them in too. They will come. We'll go inside first"

I nodded and followed Ian as he pushed open the large double doors to the club.
When the doors opened I was hit with loud music, banging from the speakers fixed to the walls. The floor was filled with people who were grinding against each other, dancing like there was no tomorrow. Dry ice smoke swirled in an array of blue rising chills in my skin, the sharp smell of drinks wafting towards us tainting the stagnant air.

"I already hate this" Ian grumbled as we strode inside.

We steered our way through the crowd and reached the bar. I leaned against the counter. "Let's wait here till Lexi and Brian come"

Ian nodded and sat on a stool. "You need a drink?"

"Nope, thank you"

Not a second passed, I saw my friends burst through the double doors, looking like they ran a marathon. Their eyes scanned the crowd inside, searching for me and I jumped up, waving my hand. Noticing me, they waved back happily and sprinted towards us.

"Hey girl you look sexy!!!" Lexi shouted, pointing to my black bodycon dress. She turned to Ian and gasped. "Damn you look ho-" She swallowed back her words remembering who Ian is. "Sorry sir" she bowed respectfully, her palms sweating in fear. "My bad. I won't ever speak to you impolitely again. Sorry"

Sweat trickled down her forehead and she glanced up at me, giving me a help me look.

"Chill" I waved my hand dismissively. "If he fires you, I'll throw him off a building"

Ian narrowed his eyes at me and I grinned sheepishly. "Anyways let's get started" I rubbed my hands excitedly.

"Start what?" Ian raised a brow.

My friends gave me a warning look and my eyes widened realising I just almost exposed our plan

Fuck.

"The journey to the bathroom" I lied.

"The what?" Ian's forehead creased and I saw my friends looking at me as if I'd grown two heads.

"Lexi, Brian and I need to go to the bathroom" I explained and quickly moved to my friends side, grabbing them by their arms. "Wait here. We'll get back to you soon"

Then I turned on my heel, dragging my friends along with me as I started marching in the opposite direction.

"But Brian is a man. He can't go-" Ian's confused voice was muffled by the loud music blasting through the speakers.

Pushing through the crowd, we reached the other end of the club and stood on a spot where we could clearly see Ian.

"What now?" Brian asked.

"Just wait" I stood on my tip toes, trying to get a clear view of Ian. "Girls will come to him"

"How do you know?" Brian asked in puzzlement.

"Jeez Brian" Lexi rolled her eyes. "Look at that man" She gestured to Ian. "He's far more handsome than anyone here"

Brian scowled at that and folded his arms across his chest, showing that he was displeased with that statement.

"Guys look! A girl is approaching Ian" I said in delight.

A tall strawberry blond haired girl with an hourglass body, sat on the stool next to Ian. She gave him a seductive smile and turned to the bartender, ordering a drink. The bartender poured a liquid to a glass and gave to it the girl but she pushed it towards Ian.

Ian glared at the glass and turned away.

Are you serious? That's free drinks!

With a sly smirk on her lips she leaned in and whispered something to his ear. In return he shot her a disgusted glance and shifted uncomfortably in his seat, his gaze turning to the crowd, searching for me.

"I think she's a prostitute" Lexi blurted.

"Please" I rolled my eyes. "Stop judging people"

"But look" She pointed to Ian. "Your man looks uncomfortable"

"He's not my man" I muttered under my breath and turned to Ian's direction and saw that Lexi's was right. Ian was uncomfortable.

"This is not gonna work" Lexi shook her head. "We have to pay someone to play innocent" Then she extended her hand. "Give your purse"

My eyes widened. "My purse?"

"Of course. Who else's?"

I stared at her for an agonizing moment and then groaned and handed over my purse to her.

She fished out two hundred dollars from it and I had to hold on to the wall to keep myself from fainting.

Lexi then grabbed the arm of a dark haired girl, who was walking towards the dance floor. She turned our way. "Will you talk to a guy for two hundred dollars?" Lexi asked out of nowhere and Brian and I exchanged horrified glances.

"Which guy?"

Lexi smiled. "That one" Lexi pointed to Ian and the girl followed her direction.

Seeing him her eyes widened in delight. "I don't need money to talk to him. He's handsome"

"Exactly. But I'm paying you to play innocent"

She turned a confused brow at us. "What do you mean?"

"Like, don't ask him to sleep with you or don't try to flirt. Just talk casually about the music or environment or some shit like that" Lexi waved her hand in the air.

The girl shrugged. "I can do that for two hundred dollars"

"Good" Lexi smiled. "But can you call my number and keep your phone with you so that we can eavesdrop on your conversation?"

The girl nodded and took her phone out. Both of them exchanged numbers and she called Lexi's phone before walking towards Ian.

"We might not hear a lot because it's loud down there in the dance floor. But let's try" Lexi plugged her ear phones to her phone and handed me one end.

We saw the girl approach Ian and sit on the same spot where the last girl sat. "Hi. The music is too loud isn't it?" She said casually with an innocent smile on her lips.

Ian ignored her.

"Looks like you had a bad day. Same with me. Work is exhausting" She let out a heavy sigh. "Did you come here to relax?"

Ian ignored her again.

"Want me to buy you a drink? I can be a good drinking buddy" She playfully nudged Ian on the elbow and he turned a darkened gaze on her.

"I have a fiancé. Please go away" He spat angrily and turned back away.

I plucked the ear phone out of my ear and closed my eyes, groaning in frustration. "I can't" I shook my head. "Why's he like that?"

Lexi sniffled. "He's loyal. So cute"

"Shut up" I glanced at her in horror. "I'm in pain, can't you see?"

"Well..." She trailed off and gave me a sheepish smile. "Anyways what are you gonna do now? This club thing is not working"

"Don't worry I have a plan B"

She raised a brow. "Which is?"

A devious smirk curled up my lips. "I'm gonna stop playing the main character"

Next update: 13/6/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 13.6K 31
"What are you getting at son?" His father watched both of us warily. "She's not really My-" the word was about to slip out of his mouth. I wouldn't...
26 7 19
Harry Cooper serves as the CEO of a prominent American company. Emma Anderson, working diligently as his assistant, inadvertently stumbles upon Harry...
2.8M 86K 58
When a bubbly farmer Faye gets sent on a mission by her best friend, the infamous journalist Elizabeth Venice. Faye finds herself in New York City, o...
624 27 16
Major reconstruction, so please kindly manage it.[ps: This is not that mature as the story description made it seem, be beware of cringes] Marriage i...