Brooklyn Meets the Skeksis

Od Dondena21

Brooklyn, the red gargoyle ends up being transported by a mysterious icon in Xanatos' collection room to a di... Více

The Icon Transport surprise
Introductions on Thra
Explanations
Meeting at the castle
Mealtime and Conversations
Conversations
Dimensional Retrieval
SkekSil's discoveries
Bath Night
Demona's tempting and First visit to Central Park
Immortality talk
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 31

4 0 0
Od Dondena21

Sato stayed around for the next six hours and kept an eye on Sil. Someone was to stay with him at all times to make sure he stayed awake.

There were many times where he just wanted to drift off back to sleep. He eyed his arm many a time too. He also wanted to see what his side looked like.

"You can on the next bandage change." Sato told him.

Sil's body temperature began to shoot up too. "Hmmm, not feel good." he whined.

Sato felt the side of his face. "You're burning up with a fever, that's why."

"Belly... hurts too." His vision swam a time or two.

"We just need to get through a few more hours and you should be past the worst of it. Then you can sleep." Sato explained.

The doctor also looked in Sil's eyes, and they were dilated. He had turned the lights down a bit earlier, so they weren't so hard on his eyes.

Sil wasn't comfortable with the human being up right close to his face. "Can give room."

"Sorry, but I had to see if your eyes are dilated."

"Hm?"

"The pupils are big. That's what dilated means. It is a sign of a concussion. Do you feel dizzy at all?"

Sil could feel his head spinning. He nodded. He laid his head back.

"No going to sleep."

He nodded. Sil felt the pain on his head from the wound. He turned it to his left. For the time being, there was nothing he felt worse. His arm hurt, his head and stomach hurt. If only he could sleep it off. He knew rest was a way of healing with time. 

He knew Brooklyn and his clan were still missing, but right now, he had to get better for their return.
..............

The final hours came and gone. Sil made it through those long hours with help from the humans staying there with him. Everyone had taken a turn for every hour, switching and talking to him.

After six hours had passed, Sato examined Sil's eyes again, and they had returned to normal, but he still had a fever. He still had bodily pains, but with more pain meds given, he could now be able to go to sleep.

Chamberlain was more than glad to hear it. He laid his head to the left and drifted off to sleep rather quickly.

Sato would stay through the day, monitoring Sil. Once he was sure he was past the most critical time, he would need to depart. The Xanatos' and Owen could take it from there. They would all pat Sil's head and neck down with cool wash cloths to keep the fever down.

Toward evening, Sil's fever finally broke. He would continue to recover.
................

At sunset, Hudson, Angela, and Bronx woke up.

They gave a little check in on Sil to see how he was doing. He had a brief talk with them, and they were off to look for the clan again. This time, they left Bronx behind to guard the castle.

A building crew was already rebuilding the wall in the nursery. Nights were colder now. It had to be fixed before tomorrow evening.
.................

That night, Hudson and Angela went back to Brooklyn to look for the missing members.

David was summoned to the Illuminati headquarters tonight, and he finally found out where Goliath, Brooklyn, Broadway, and Lexington were being held. He would have to tell Hudson and Angela later. But Goliath would want to know that Elisa was in the hospital.

Even though David was one of them, he wasn't in charge of what had been going on all week. But he vowed he would get the gargoyles out of there, given the right chance. And because the goal of their project was coming to town tonight, Egon Packs, it might be a good chance to get them out.

Indeed, Goliath was brainwashed into nailing President Packs. He had been tricked into thinking the Trio were dead. They knew their friends had to be worried about them, but Goliath was the Trio's first concern.

David released the Trio after Goliath had been sent after Egon Packs. So many tests had been run on them to see how they were compared to humans and what they could tolerate. But that was enough.

"You guys need to stop Goliath, but you also have two injured friends at home." David said.

"Who?" Broadway asked.

"Sil and Elisa. Elisa's in the hospital. Sil's in one of the recovery rooms."

"What... happened?" Brooklyn asked weakly.

None of them had had any food all week and were exhausted.

"I'll tell you once you stop Goliath. Now go." David told the Trio.

They went to track him down. They caught up to him on a building and made sure that he didn't hurt the peaceful President. Their leader knocked them aside, but he didn't hurt any of them. And he released Packs finally.

"What did I almost do?" Goliath asked.

"It wasn't you, Goliath. The guys who attacked us brainwashed you." Broadway declared.

"They wanted you to nail President Packs. We're just lucky we got here in time." Lex stated.

Then there was a standoff with the police. Matt was in charge. He didn't want them hurt, but he had to play along.

Packs gave a speech that there didn't need to be any more violence that night. He had been standing up for them, so to speak. But other humans wouldn't listen. And two of his guards came up to get him.

After Packs was gone, the cops started to fire at them. David used his copter to come and get the four missing gargoyles back home. At least he had them.

"Now what did you want to tell us before?" Brooklyn asked.

"Elisa is in the hospital, Goliath. She has a concussion. She should be able to go home tomorrow." David explained.

"What happened to her?" Goliath demanded.

"She and Sil were injured in a fight with Demona last night."

"And we weren't there to help." Brooklyn felt so guilty.

"Angela and Hudson have been constantly out there looking for you. We need to call them and tell them to come back and that you have been found finally." David recalled.

"Was Sil out looking too, before?" Lex asked.

"He did once, but we needed him there at the castle."

"How is he?" Brooklyn asked.

"He got hurt worse than Elisa. Concussion, wounded side, and a broken arm and shoulder." David replied.

That was even worse than the wounded leg he had had. It was clear Demona was going to be a continual threat to him. It might be better if he went back to Thra. He would be safer there from her.

Once home, Goliath called Hudson and Angela and told them to come home. The Mutates were also called in that they could finally go home as well.

Bronx was so happy to see them. They greeted him warmly. "It's good to see you too, boy." Brooklyn said with a smile.

"Father? Where have you been? Are you alright?" Angela fussed.

"We are all fine, Angela. Nothing we won't heal from with sleep. Things will be explained when you get back." Goliath said.

Brooklyn went immediately to the infirmary to check on Sil. He found him sound asleep. He looked peaceful. He was breathing just fine, but he eyed the bandages on his head and arm.

Brooklyn's ears drooped sadly that this had happened at all. Why had this happened?

"I'm sorry that I wasn't here to help, Sil." he said softly.

He hated to wake him, but he needed to know he was alright.

"Chamberlain?" Brooklyn said in a voice loud enough. "Wake up."

The sound awoke Sil from his sleep. "Hm?"

"Sil, it's me."

Sil looked at the sound of his name to his right. There, before him, was Brooklyn. He looked at him with a frown. He was still just groggy.

"Where... you... be...?" Sil asked.

"The four of us were kidnapped by some humans called the Illuminati. Xanatos got us out. Angela and Hudson are on their way back. We heard you were in a fight with Demona last night. We're sorry we weren't here to help." Brooklyn explained. "Do you feel okay?"

"Do look okay?!" Sil snapped. He was more awake now. He was just mad about having been hurt like this.

"No. But we've been in the same boat during the week. No food or water, and constant stress of stupid tests being done on us for whatever stupid reasons from the humans. And Goliath nearly killed an innocent tonight for being brainwashed by them." Brooklyn explained.

Then the others came in to see him too. They didn't expect Sil to look as he did.

"We're sorry this happened to you, Chamberlain. You'll get well in time." Goliath said. "I will check on Elisa tomorrow."

"News is she's getting out tomorrow." Lex said.

"Yes, have heard." Sil replied.

"Can you walk okay?" Brook asked.

"Yes. Can walk. Whole right side, painful." Sil stated. "Demona tear side up too." He winced at a jolt from there.

"Can we see?" Lex asked.

Sil lifted his right arm and pulled the blanket aside and his gown. His side was covered in a long, taped bandage.

"She nailed ya good." Broadway declared.

Sil nodded.

"We'll make sure she pays for this, Chamberlain." Goliath said.

"Chamberlain would love to pay back by self."

"You have seen how formidable she is if you take her on one on one. She's too dangerous." Brooklyn said. "You can't take her on alone."

"Know this, even though want to." Sil replied.

"We'll do it together." Goliath declared. "But for now, get some rest. We'll check on you tomorrow. It is nearly dawn for us."

"Chamberlain been doing nothing but resting."

"Have you eaten?" Lex asked.

"Once in daytime. Not real hungry."

"I know I could go for something if it wasn't so close to sunrise." Broadway patted his belly. The rest of them chuckled or smiled at that.

The gargoyles left the room so Sil could rest some more.
.............

David had been watching the news and the revelation of what Goliath had nearly done wasn't much to inspire love for gargoyles.

The four gargoyles went out to the battlements for their stone sleep.

David came out to talk to them. "Well, seeing your attack on the news isn't going to likely inspire much love for gargoyles."

"But it wasn't his fault. He was brainwashed." Broadway declared.

"Try telling it to them." David said.

"All of our efforts to make the humans accept us; destroyed, in one moment of madness." Goliath said sadly.

"What do we do now?" Lex asked.

"The only thing we can do. Tomorrow, we start over." the leader replied, and as the sun rose, the four males turned to stone. The castle once again had them back.

Hudson and Angela had been too far away to reach home by sunrise. They would be back tomorrow.

David hoped that they one day could make peace with the humans. At least it hadn't been Quarrymen this time.
................

After some more sleep, Chamberlain got up and tried going for a walk through the castle. He was off the iv now, so he could at least walk around the castle. His side still hurt terribly, and he had more of a limp. His right arm was still in the sling. It felt odd carrying it this way. If it would itch, there would be no way to scratch it.

He managed to make it out to the battlements. He saw his friends there. It was the first time they had been back in a week.

When they awoke tonight, there would surely be a feast to welcome them back. They probably wouldn't want to leave the castle for a little while.

Elisa was brought to the castle to be looked after upon her release from the hospital. She would tell Broadway later to bring Cagney over here too. No matter how much he might have claimed to have changed, she didn't want Xanatos at her apartment.

She soon met up with Sil. She saw how in a bad way that he was, but she was alive thanks to him.

"Sil, I'd just like to thank you for saving my life and that of Alex." she said kindly.

"Yes. Demona challenge to fight." Sil said.

"I know. It can be hard enough to just keep her hands off of me when I fight her hand to hand. And even when she was under a spell one other time, the first time I met Angela and her Avalon kin." Elisa explained.

"What Avalon like?"

"It's beautiful. It's summer there all the time. There are apple trees around the palace there. It was just Angela's human caretakers and the young gargoyles for one thousand years on it. Then there was an attack by Goliath's nemesis, the Archmage. He had Demona and MacBeth under a spell. We defeated them. And then, Oberon came back to claim it. Goliath, Angela, and Gabriel all had to fight him, and they lost. But Titania gave us a clue in what we had to do to defeat him. Tom constructed an iron bell to stop him, but he didn't kill him. We managed to straighten that out too." Elisa explained.

"Iron bell, hm?"

"The fay people are vulnerable to it. The magical beings."

"Oh." That was insightful.

"Well, you should go back to bed. You got hurt worse than I did." Elisa said.

"Not want be in bed. Been there too long." Sil stated.

"Trust me, at least don't stand up too long. My head still bothers me, I am off work for the next two weeks." she said.

"I be off for two months." Sil declared.

"Yeah, you got it much worse. You might be able to work again in a few weeks, just small stuff."

"Maybe. But not lift anything." Sil said.

Then, a pang of dizziness swam over him. "Oh, yes. Think will go back to bed after all." His left hand held his head.

Both of them still needed rest. She went to help give him a hand. She led him to his room, and she went to her and Goliath's quarters. They both got into bed.

Sil could only lie on his back or left side at the moment. He was glad his bed was so comfortable. He wanted this bed over the infirmary bed any day.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

62.9K 2.3K 18
For which she knew her stalker. Contains: Killing Edging Stalking Orgasm denial Clingy partner Switch couple Strong language Obsessive character P...
248K 13.1K 41
The sight shocks her. It shocks her more than someone should shock a girl from a small conservative village, far from society. Girls are everywhere...
689 4 31
Poachers come to Manhattan from Siberia Russia to claim a rare animal: a Gargoyle. They hunt down Brooklyn and take him to the auction to sell. Can B...
93.1K 6K 32
Having survived three apocalypses - as if one weren't enough! - I knew how to stay alive in a world overrun by nightmarish monsters. Going on a suppl...