Chapter 19

The next evening, Sil wanted to make sure to be up there when the gargoyles awoke because he wanted to see what his friend's wing looked like.

The stone cracks began and then the roars. Stone fragments went everywhere. Sil had stood back. The clan stretched and jumped down.

"So, how is wing tonight, Brooklyn? Hm?" Sil inquired.

"It feels better than last night, but then, how does it look, Angela?" he asked.

She looked and didn't see a mark on it. "It looks completely healed."

"That's good. You should still be able to patrol tonight." Goliath declared.

Sometimes the clan wished that their leader would give them an extra night to recover from injuries sustained the previous night. Despite being healed, there were sometimes still remnants of injury left feeling.

"You can wait until after dinner." Goliath said.

At least he let them eat before patrol.

"And what of you? You feel like going out?" Broadway asked Sil.

"Feel want to do anything." the Skeksis replied.

"We can go somewhere after my patrol if you want." Brooklyn stated.

"Good. Need friend hangout." Sil replied.

"Brooklyn, you are going with your brothers tonight. Angela, you're with me." Goliath ordered. "Hudson, remain here to guard the castle."

Hudson nodded.

"And what of me?"

"I'd rather you stay here tonight, at least just for the patrol, Chamberlain." Goliath decreed.

"Okay."

Broadway went to go get dinner started. The clan split up to go do their own things before that. Sil went with Brooklyn.

"I'm going to test my wing right quick to make sure it's okay." Brooklyn said.

The red gargoyle went to the edge of the battlement and jumped off, spreading his wings on instinct. Sil watched him. "Hmmm."

Sil still used his voice in whimpers, but not quite as frequent. He could see that his friend was doing well in gliding on his own.

Brooklyn just swooped around the castle a couple of times before coming in for a landing again.

"How wing feel?" Sil asked.

"It feels better for sure. It wasn't that badly burned."

"Glad not worse than what was."

"Me too. A broken wing would keep me from gliding for several nights."

Breakfast was soon ready, and the two of them went to dinner. The clan had dinner with their human benefactors. Then it was time for patrol a half hour later.

Sil watched his friend take off with his bros, then he went with Hudson and Bronx to the TV room for their hangout time.

"You want to pick something to watch, Chamberlain?" Hudson asked.

Sil was quite surprised. "Hmmm, maybe. You let me pick?"

"Sure. Here." Hudson offered the remote to him. Sil knew how to use the remote, of course. He turned it on first and began going through the channels, slowly to see if anything was any good. Anything besides the news. News about the gargoyles in the city was so old by now.

................

From a distance, Demona sometimes watched the castle for signs of that creature. She had gone and told Dr. Sevarius about him.