Protectors [One Piece Fanfict...

By wanderingsoulll

She grew up with the ASL trio but, unlike them, she became a Marine. Achieving great feats at a young age, s... More

Prologue
Strange Ice Man and Mysterious Water Woman
Smooth Thighs, Pink Hair
Water 7 with Ice Man?
Best Friend in the Whole Entire World
The Girl's Past
Your Father is... Who?
Jaya Island with Ace
Leaving so soon?
Sail Away, Luffy!
A Little Into Her Life
The Beginning of Old Adventures
Old Adventures: Meeting Whitebeard
Old Adventures: Party Reveal
Old Adventures: The Alcohol Talking
Old Adventures: Uncles?
Old Adventures: Breakfasts and Accusations
Old Adventures: "She's Mad, Mad"
Old Adventures: Fight Fight Fight
Izou the Therapist: His Thoughts
Irin and the Three Musketeers
Old Adventures: The Beach Episode
Old Adventures: Good Idea
Old Adventures: Emo Boy Band Boys
Old Adventures: Evil Plagues the Pure
Old Adventures: Fireflies, Fireworks and Fire Fist
Old Adventures: "I love..."
Old Adventures: The Chronicles of Dumb and Dumber
Old Adventures: Two Sides of the Same Coin
Old Adventures: That Time on Fishman Island
Old Adventures: ζ„›
Kids on a Rampage
The Lie
The Monster Called Regret
The Empress Meets The Angel
Secrets and Plans
Gift For Him
Let the War Begin
Bottled Rage
Death Looming Over
His Protector
Everlasting Wound
Victorious

Her Power and His Father

14.1K 462 185
By wanderingsoulll

Her Power and His Father

A certain pink haired girl dashed toward the 'Hero of the Marines',her hands balled into a fist while her legs extended, lifting her body off the cool ground, her speed was truly incomparable. She threw a strong jab at Monkey D. Garp, putting a tremendous amount of strength into the impact. Garp had, however, avoided the punch, "That was weak! You're holding back, Irin!" he scolded the younger Marine. The walls of the Marine Headquarters broke behind Garp from Irin's impact, it was true, she was holding back. The young Marine could've easily broken the walls behind the walls she broke. "That's because I don't wanna wreck the place, Garp -jiisan! Also, you're not an enemy so I can't bring myself to go all out... I'm sorry..." she reasoned, apologising for pulling punches and this is where Garp caves in.

To the older man, she was this precious little obedient angel when in fact, she was a lunatic whenever she played with Luffy and Ace. Unlike the other two though, Irin knew when to get serious, like whenever Luffy or Ace got hurt, she'd be the one to tend to their injuries properly.

Irin had eaten the Mizu-Mizu no Mi shortly after she left Foosha Village, where Ace and Luffy were. This turned her into a water human, afterall, the Mizu-Mizu no Mi was a Logia type Devil Fruit. The fruit allowed her to manipulate water that did not contain salt or anything that resembled sea water. Irin especially liked to create giant water spheres where she stayed inside staying cool or warm, depending on the temperature of the water which she controls. She could secrete water out of her body at will but the only downfall is that she freezes very easily, which makes Admiral Aokiji her natural enemy, despite the two being good friends.

The girl however is learning how to counter her inability by controlling her temperature as she can control water temperature and she herself is water, this however requires a lot of skill along with precision, especially when she's controlling a large amount of water. Along with controlling the temperature of the water, another skill that the young Vice Admiral has a slight problem mastering is the art of controlling the pressure of the water she shoots out. For example, if the water pressure is strong enough, it can easily cut objects which would be a great asset to her. However, it also requires a great amount of precision and skill, just like the art of controlling the temperature of the water.

Irin's favourite attacking move is summoning a huge, powerful tsunami but she has not gotten many chances to use that move, much to her dismay.

The most recent move she had just discovered was the ability to heal her own wounds, after all 'Water has healing abilities'. With this skill, she could also heal the injuries of others, provided if they're not too fatal. Her ability to manipulate water allows her to manipulate the water in human bodies, which help speed up recoveries tremendously, hence, 'healing' them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luffy stood in front of Irin, eyes wide opened in shock, "H-How did you do that?! That's so cool!" the boy exclaimed, eyes sparkling. "That's because I'm water! Let me show you something cooler!!" the girl said, "May I?" she asked while holding her Sea Stone coated knife towards Luffy. The captain of the Straw Hats nodded, allowing Irin to slice his forearm. Luffy looked at his best friend as she smiled at him then waved her free hand over his injury like she did with hers. He was absolutely fascinated! Luffy could see his wound slowly closing as if he was watching a time lapsed video of a wound healing. Still in huge shock at Irin's ability, the boy stared at his healed arm, jaw dropped. Irin laughed at his reaction, finding it awfully adorable, "I can only heal small injuries though, so don't come to me with a hole through your body! Haha!" she stated as Luffy gazed up from his 'healed-up' hand and gave her his usual bright, toothy smile, "You're so cool, Irin!".

The young Vice-Admiral proceeded to heal all of the wounds Luffy got from his fight in Enies Lobby, making him as good as new. While she healed him, Sanji was being his usual self, fawning over Irin as she was a very attractive lady. But if one were to see the girl not smiling, they'd find her very intimidating. It was a good thing she was always smiling. On the other hand, Garp was busy fixing the wall he broke because his subordinates found it unfair that they had to fix his mess, so they got the Vice Admiral to help them with their work.

"Irin-swann! I'm hurt too, please heal me!" Sanji pleaded with his usual heart eyes, the young Vice Admiral smiled and said, "Sure! I was planning to fix all of you guys anyway!".

While healing the others, Irin listened to Luffy talk about his adventures so far and what happened after she left. "Oh yeah! I met Ace in Alabasta! I'm sure he'd be super happy to know that you're alive!" the boy in the Straw Hat stated, excitedly. Irin looked at Luffy with her eyes slightly widened from surprise and then chuckled, "Yeah, I heard from Ace that the two of you met up in Alabasta," the Straw Hat boy was shocked, "Whaaat?! Ace knows that you're alive?!" he questioned loudly. The young Vice Admiral smiled softly, "Mhmm, he knew from the start... Sorry for not telling you, Luffy... But yeah, I just met Ace not long ago, he said he was happy to see you and not to worry too much about you," she spoke, once again apologising to her friend for her uninformed departure. "It's okay! I don't get angry over little things like that!" Luffy smiled. Irin on the other hand sweatdropped, remembering a distant memory where Luffy said something similar. 'But I literally left without telling you, became a marine and you thought I was dead... How is this a small matter...' Irin thought to herself. Luffy never ceased to amaze her.

"By the way Luffy, I heard you met your dad," Garp spoke, fixing the wall as he turned around to look at his grandson. Irin had just finished healing everyone that was present in the room. "Huh? Dad? What do you mean by Dad? I have a Dad?" Luffy questioned with a straight face while the younger Vice Admiral just stood next to him silently, drifting away in her thoughts as her face contorted into one with much sadness. Garp picked his nose and continued, "What's that? He didn't introduce himself to you then? I heard he saw you off at Lougetown!"

Everyone stared at the 'Hero of the Marines' while wondering how Luffy's dad was like, well, except Irin. She had already known who Luffy's dad was quite a while ago. "The name of your father is... Monkey D. Dragon. He's a revolutionary," Garp announced while picking his nose and hammering the broken wall, "Dragon?" Luffy questioned. Everyone who was present at that moment were all in utter and complete shock, except for the two Vice Admirals and Luffy. Irin grinned at their reactions, she always wondered how people would react if people found out that the world's worst criminal had a son and she always found Luffy's family rather interesting, it seemed almost too surreal for her, she liked how cool his family was. Luffy was confused as to why everyone was acting this way so he asked, "Hey guys, why is everyone so..."

"Idiot! You don't know Dragon's name?!" scolded Sanji, his cigarette almost flying out of his mouth.

"Your father is a completely outrageous man!" Nami exclaimed.

"Huh?" Luffy looked at his friends who were all in shock.

"Hey Robin..." the Straw Hats captain turned to look at Nico Robin.

"How should I explain this... Pirates usually wouldn't try to disrupt the government or the marines by themselves... But there is currently a power that is trying to directly oppose the World Government. That would be the Revolutionary Army. And the man at the centre would be Dragon," Robin informed, as Luffy just stared at her, trying to take in all the information. She continued to speak and said, "Right now throughout the world this kind of thought is being spread. Encouraging countries to overthrow their monarchies. Countless countries have already fallen. As expected, the government was upset. And has labelled the puppet master Dragon as the most dangerous criminal in the world. They have been constantly pursuing him but... They couldn't even find a trace as to where he came from. He was a mysterious man...And yet..." sweat formed around her forehead as she spoke.

"And yet?" Luffy repeated.

There was an eerie silence surrounding them and the only thing that could be heard was the sound of Garp's hammer knocking on the wood. "Ah! I probably shouldn't have said all that," the older Vice Admiral suddenly said, "But Garp-jiisan it was kinda funny how everyone reacted!" Irin commented, laughing to herself. Garp laughed and continued, "That's too bad, Irin! Well then, forget what I just said!" Everyone's jaw dropped at the Vice Admiral's antics and it was once again quiet due to the shock. They were shocked at the fact that the infamous Dragon had a son and they were shocked at how childish Monkey D. Garp was. Irin only laughed at the scene. She had always found it funny how similar Luffy was to Garp.

"Then... Jii-chan, do you know who Irin's parent's are?" Luffy suddenly questioned, out of nowhere. Irin was shocked by his question, her brows then furrowed at the thought of it. It wasn't the type of expression that was angry but instead it was more of an expression of sadness. It made sense why Luffy asked about her parents as she had never once mentioned her parents when they were younger and she appeared in his life when his grandfather brought her home. Despite being the best of friends he did not know a single thing about her past.

"It's not something I like talking about, Luffy... But..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Changes By Betty

Fanfiction

807 27 13
Monkey D. Athena, daughter of one Monkey D. Dragon, grew up in a world that had been changed over years of exposure to chemical war fair, causing tec...
10.2K 284 76
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝟐 | π€π§π¨π­π‘πžπ« 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐀𝐞𝐲 𝐃. π˜›π˜©π˜¦ 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘦 𝘩𝘒π˜ͺ𝘳𝘦π˜₯ 𝘨π˜ͺ𝘳𝘭 𝘭𝘦𝘡 𝘰𝘢𝘡 𝘒 π˜₯𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘴π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘦π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰𝘸𝘯...
24.6K 420 52
Y/n has always been an amazing daughter,always been loved and taken care of, till tragedy hits, destiny puts her to live with another boy as unfortun...
2.3K 53 13
Ryujin D. Y/N, Sea Witch, Cipher Pol Agent. A dream to live and be free~ Having her village destroyed due to Buster Call, she traded her life with t...