Newt's Assistant: A Newt Scam...

By LexiMac22

It's 1924 and Eleanor Baker has just graduated from Hogwarts and is looking to start her career. Her only pro... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Update
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Update
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three

Chapter Twenty Three

2K 55 12
By LexiMac22

"What the heck is that?" Newt asked looking at his feet. Eleanor bursted out laughing and Newt was super confused. 

"It's... your.... socks!" Eleanor could barely make out the words in between laughs.

"My socks?" He asked and took his shoes off to see the bowtruckles screaming at him.

"Yes!" She laughed even harder. "They scream when your feet get smelly!"

"El! What if I was out in public and that happened!" He chuckled. 

"That would be so embarrassing!" She giggled.

"What am I going to do with you?" He asked and shot over to her and began tickling her which made her scream.

"Newt! Stop! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She pleaded which made it worse for her as he tickled her even harder. "I'm gonna kick your ass Scamander!"

"I'd like to see you try!" He yelled back at her and watched her struggle trying to fight him off. Newt didn't exactly look like the muscular type, but he was stronger than he looks. 

"Ugh Newt! Fine okay okay! You win!!" Eleanor gave in and let him tackle her onto the couch. 

"About time I beat you at something!" He laughed. 

"You're stronger than I thought Scamander," She said while poking him in the ribs. "What are we going to need for Egypt?"

"We're packing our own camp this time, but I think we have everything we need in the case. We'll pack a tent and when we find where we're staying we'll put some enchantments around us and just stay in the case. I'd pack pants, a light long sleeve, and boots. It'll be dusty so bring a handkerchief to cover your face. Um... pajamas obviously and I think that's really it." He rambled a bit.

"Which creatures are you taking?" She asked.

"Most likely the Niffler, Dougal, the bowtruckles, and the murtlap. Everyone else can stay with Bunty." He replied.

"Newt?" She asked.

"Hm?"

"Why didn't you introduce me to Bunty as your girlfriend?" She asked.

"She already knows about you El," He replied. 

"Oh okay," She said. He turned to face her and kissed her nose.

"I told her all about you when we left for Antarctica. She knew who you were when she walked in on us locking lips." He said and Eleanor smiled at him. She stared at him and got lost in his eyes.

"What are you looking at?" He asked her.

"Your face," Eleanor giggled.

"What about it?" 

"Your eyes... they're nice," She said and stroke his cheek with her thumb. "I can't tell if they're... cerulean or sea foam green..?" She trailed off while getting lost again.

"They're uh...technically hazel." He flushed.

"And your freckles..." She began.

"They're ugly. I know." He said and turned his head to the side. Eleanor put his face in both her hands and had him face her again.

"That is an absurd thing to say, love. They're... beautiful. How many are there?" She asked.

"Too many... I wish there a spell to get rid of them," He replied.

"I'm so glad there's not," She said and kissed his lips gently. Eleanor waved her wand and a new record came out to play. 

"Is this new?" Newt asked her and she nodded.

"The one and only Louis Armstrong!" She grinned and took Newt's hand as he spun her around and they danced in the living room. Shep came out to visit them and did his own little dance while chasing his tail. 

"I love dancing with you!" Eleanor yelled over the music which was at its highest volume. They dance almost every night and they have gotten really really good at some moves. It was no longer just a two step sway anymore. They were full on swing dancing now and looked like a couple of pros. It only took a few feet to be stepped on and one dislocated shoulder from Newt spinning Eleanor too harshly.

"I love dancing with you as well darling," He smiled as the song ended, they slowed the pace. 

"I'm gonna put dinner together, any requests or do you want me to surprise you?" Eleanor asked him.

"Surprise me, love. I'll be downstairs giving them their last feeding of the night." He kissed her hand and left to go downstairs. Eleanor headed to the kitchen with Shep following behind her. 

"Are you hungry too, babe?" She asked and gave him a scoop of kibble. She dug around in the fridge and pulled out what she needed. She took out a beef tenderloin and placed it on the counter. It was way easier to make this with magic, but Eleanor thought it tasted better when she did it herself.

Eleanor seasoned it liberally and seared it brown on all sides and set the oven up to preheat. She then smeared mustard on and took out her wand.

"Accio mushrooms. Accio thyme. Accio shallots," She muttered and used her wand to whip up an easy duxelle. She grabbed some prosciutto and evenly packed the duxelle onto the tenderloin and wrapped the prosciutto around it. 

"Accio pastry," She said and caught the pastry puff crust in the air and began rolling the tenderloin up into it. The oven went off indicating it was hot enough to bake so she stuck it in and set the time for 45 minutes.

She put together mashed potatoes and baby carrots and let them sit on the oven to keep warm. Happy and ready to relax a bit, she heard a crash come from the basement.

"Ugh," She groaned knowing that Newt probably needed a hand as soon as she sat down. She got up and went to the door and heard another crash. She quickly opened it and ran down the stairs.

"Get back here you!" Newt yelled and yet another crash came quickly after that. 

"Newt! What's going on?! It's a mess down here!" Eleanor said and waved her wand to clean up the broken glass and feed all over the floor.

"I noticed the Niffler stole ALL of your jewelry! I tried getting it back and he freaked out and bit me and began wreaking havoc on my desk!" He yelled all flustered and when the Niffler noticed Eleanor it stopped what it was doing. Newt went to go grab him again, but Eleanor stopped him.

"Hang on there, let me take him back. Hand me the golden ball earrings. I don't wear them that much, he can keep them." She said and took the earrings from Newt. She scooped up the Niffler and headed back to his burrow while cradling him like a baby.

"Look what daddy got you!" She said and pulled out the earrings and dangled them in front of him. He played grabsies with her and eventually she gave in and let him take them as he stuffed them in his pouch. Eleanor dropped him off into his home and turned back to see Newt laughing at her.

"Did you refer to yourself as daddy?" Newt asked while pulling her in by her apron.

"Yeah, well I mean you're the mummy!" She exclaimed back while grabbing onto his hands. "I can't replace you!"

"So I'm the mum and you're the dad?" Newt chuckled.

"Precisely. Now let's go, dinner's almost ready." She said and they made their way back up the stairs and into the kitchen. As they went in, the timer for the oven went off and Eleanor used her wand to set the table with silverware, plates, and the food. 

"Wow El, you really outdid yourself with this meal! Beef wellington is one of my favorites. My mum used to make this for our birthdays," Newt said and began digging into his food. Eleanor fixed him an old fashioned and a martini for herself. She sat down and also began eating her dinner. She didn't say it out loud, but she absolutely killed this meal.

"This is great El," Newt said and took another bite.

"Thanks love," Eleanor smiled at him and took a sip of her drink and made a face. "I made that way too strong."

Newt chuckled at her and took a sip of his. "You made mine perfect."

"Good," She giggled and took another bite. They finished their dinner in silence and Eleanor cleaned up around the kitchen. 

"I'm exhausted," She said and slumped on the couch. Shep trotted over and hopped up onto her lap. 

"It's still a little early for bed." Newt said and crawled next to her. He acciod a book from the shelf and opened it up. 

"Is that one of my moms?" Eleanor asked as she recognized the cover.

"Yes, just touching up on Thunderbirds." He said.

"Read it to me," Eleanor said and he did. The trio sat on the couch and Shep had fallen asleep, but Eleanor was listening to every word Newt read. She only read her mother's books once, they made her cry whenever she picked them up.

"The Thunderbird is known to change colors as it summons storms, its iridescent feathers shifting from various shades of gold to electrifying blue, to grey and silver, to white, and even to deep navy... El?" Newt looked up at the red, puffy eyed girl with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I-" She began, but hiccuped and started sobbing. Newt put the book away and moved over to her. Shep jumped off and trotted up to the bedroom. 

"Shh Shh... you're okay love. I gotchya," Newt whispered in her ear and held her close to his chest as she sobbed, soaking his shirt with tears and makeup. 

"I miss them so much," She continued sobbing and Newt let her cry it out while rubbing her back and letting her know he was there for her. Before he knew it, she was sleeping on his chest soundly. He stood up with her in his arms and walked her up to the bedroom and placed her in bed. He tucked her in and Shep hopped up onto the bed to get some pets in and check on Eleanor. He licked her hand and laid by her feet. Newt crawled in next to her and held her close.

"I love you so much Eleanor," He whispered and fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 47 4
Summary: It's been over five years since Voldemort's defeat when Harry Potter gets pushed through a portal and falls into the Great Hall of Hogwarts...
5.5K 119 18
Newt Scamander| Sequel to Biophilia| I DO NOT OWN FANTASTIC BEASTS ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO ORIGNIAL CREATOR| It's been 9 months since the incident in Ne...
1.9K 94 12
Summary: When an insidious plot is discovered, Harry and Hermione do what they do best, leap without thinking and damn the consequences. Arriving in...
137K 6K 44
"You're so insufferable, I hate you!" Hermione exclaimed, disdain filling her eyes. "The feeling's mutual, you stupid... Muggle-born." Y/N retort...