Stay With Me - Yeongyu FF

By MEL0DYld

Beomgyu is destined to die before his 22nd birthday. Yeonjun falls in love with him the second he meets him. ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 - Leaving?
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53 - Final moments
Epilogue

Chapter 42

158 11 1
By MEL0DYld

(I shall give you here your warning: Beomgyu gets hurt. Really hurt. He's not dead!!!! But yes he's sick, hurt

That was a little bit of a harsh warning sorry)

Yeonjun POV

I wake up the next morning to probably the most stressful thing a lover of a terminally ill person can live.

I shake him, I talk to him, I turn on lights, splash water on his face, but he doesn’t move.

Beomgyu doesn’t wake up.

I panic, a crazy panic, and although it’s 7am, I wake up Mom. I can’t keep my thoughts straight when I can even think. I can’t talk in full sentences if I can even speak. But Mom understands. She calls an ambulance. We carry Beomgyu downstairs. We still try to wake him up. When the ambulance arrives, he’s not awake yet. A doctor checks his heartbeat first thing. They say it’s critically slow. They take him in the ambulance. No matter how stressed I am, I go with them. The nurses ask if he’s my brother. I say no. I call his mother. I tell her what happened. She arrives at the hospital about at the same time as we do. They take Beomgyu to the ER. Mom arrives soon after, and Ms. Choi, Mom and I wait and wait, hoping for the best. We try not to get our hopes up. Ms. Choi is basically hyperventilating, and the nurses try to calm her down. We wait for hours and hours that seem like days before finally a doctor arrives.

“There’s not many things keeping him alive, but for now, he is. He’s entered the final phase of his ALS, probably overnight and we think the reasons for this are those you’ve given us, sir, a lot of stress and lack of sleep recently” says the doctor.

Ms. Choi barely manages to ask her question between her sobs “Is he okay? Is he awake?”

“He’s not awake yet, but he’ll wake up. He won’t have the same energy as he used to, though. We can’t know whether he’ll be able to do everything like he used to. We’ll need to take tests when he wakes up” he explains.

We all stay at the hospital till night, but he doesn’t wake up. We come back the next day, he doesn’t wake either. It takes him a week to finally open his eyes.

We thought that when he did, maybe he’ll regain some colour on his now pale skin, maybe he’ll put a smile on his now straight lips, maybe he’ll make his now dull eyes sparkle again, and maybe the doctors were wrong, maybe he’d be perfectly fine.

But he wasn’t.

He barely manages to smile.

The nurses are there in a second, and Mom asks if we need to leave, they say we can stay until the doctor arrives, so we do. He looks like he could pass out again, his eyes are barely staying open. The nurses are trying to keep him awake till the doctor comes, but they don’t manage it too well, because he falls asleep a few times. Then, the doctor arrives. The nurses leave and we do too, hoping for the best. When he comes out about fifteen minutes later, the doctor tells us that Beomgyu surely won’t be able to walk anymore no matter how much rest he got, and that talking will also be difficult even after all the care. He also adds that right now, he can’t whisper a single word and can barely move, so no matter what, if we ask him something, he can’t give answers in any way. So even though we stay by his side, we don’t really say anything. We try our best to reassure him, and he tries to smile, but he doesn’t have the strength to truly do so yet. Mom tries to give him a phone so he can type, but he can’t even carry it. I lift it up for him, but he can’t carry his arm very high, so he can’t get to the highest keys. It shocks me. Something that used to be so easy now became so difficult for him. The nurse with us says that he’ll be better enough to do all these simple things in maybe a day or two, but that for now, he can do about as many things as a newborn baby.

It hurts, it really hurts.

I start imagining his reactions. Right now, he’s just lying down, probably thinking that he’ll get better soon. I imagine him finally feeling like he can talk, but barely managing a few words before losing his breath. I imagine him trying to stand up and falling, unable to get up alone. I imagine all the things he can try to do, thinking everything is back to normal. I imagine him either having difficulty or not managing to do these things. I imagine his sadness once he realises that no, he’ll never be the same again. It makes me shed a tear, and Mom hugs me. She says that it’s okay, that even if he’s not able to do the same things as before, he’s the same in his heart. I laugh at her cheeky, wannabe-deep words.

After a while, the doctor asks to have a moment with Beomgyu, so we all leave. Beomgyu’s mother decides to stay at the hospital, but Mom and I choose to leave, to my regret, because Mom has to look for a job now that Dad is in an asylum, and I promised myself I’d find a part-time job too to help her. I feel so gloomy that , when we get home and Mom goes on the computer to apply for a job, I’m not in the mood to do the same. I just feel sort of numb. I don’t really want to do anything. So I do nothing.

But an hour later, I realise that I can’t keep doing nothing.

Mom enters my room, telling me that she has a bunch of job interviews tomorrow, and that if I want to go see Beomgyu, I can, but I’ll have to drive myself there. I nod, and decide to set myself on something other than Beomgyu for a while, lest I break down in tears now that all the panic has died down. I start looking for part-time jobs at cafés or restaurants or something. Little things I can do to get my mind off Beomgyu and my Dad and help Mom by the same occasion. I find something in a cute café that I take ages to recognise as the one Taehyun and I used to hang out in so much before. I decide to apply for it, it’s just barista in that café, but if it can bring me closer to Taehyun and get back to how we used to be, then it’s worth it.

The next day, Mom leaves early for her first interview, so I take some time to go to the café. I get accepted, and work all morning. The boss says I’ll work on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning and adds that I can come on Friday afternoon or Saturday any time because there’s quite a bunch of customers and they could use some help, but it’s not compulsory, even if it’s paid the same as long as I do at least 80% of the mandatory hours. I nod and promise I’ll warn him at least the day before about whether I’ll be here or not. That afternoon, I decide to go see Beomgyu. He’s already gained a bit of colour, but he’s still pale and dull-looking. He still can’t talk, but once I pass him his phone Ms. Choi left if he wants to speak his thoughts, he manages to carry it and has almost no problem typing.

He tells me that he’s scared, that he doesn’t feel comfortable. I ask him if he wants me to help him with something. He says no, that he's uncomfortable in his body at the moment, and that it’s got nothing to do with complexes, but more with frustration. I tell him that I understand how he feels, or comprehend his words more precisely, because I can’t understand what he’s going through. I don’t know what it’s like, I can’t get it like he can. He could explain it to me with super precise vocabulary, I still wouldn’t understand what it feels like, unless it happens to me.

I stay with him all afternoon. After that, his mother arrives. He starts talking to her, and I decide to give them some space. When I get home, Mom is already there, and asks if I went to see Beomgyu. I say yes, and give her his news. She smiles, saying that at least he’s getting better. I tell him about the job I found, and she says it’s nice of me to work to help out, especially since we both know that I was always reluctant to go to college and study, let alone get a job, and was hoping my partner wouldn’t be the same way. My parents never really pressured me into work. They used to say that I’ll realise my responsibilities in time. And they were right. It did, because I now know that I’m gonna be the one who has to work, because it will be easier for me to do so than Beomgyu.

That evening, I think about that. About how, in the future, when Beomgyu and I will be living together, I’ll be the breadwinner. I know that I won’t let Beomgyu work, because I know how I am, and I am the type of person who hates when people who have a difficult life physically or mentally are forced to work when their partner could totally work for both of them but is just too lazy. I think about how long I’ll be able to say ‘our future’. I hope I’ll always be able to, but I know that I won’t. Beomgyu’s lifespan just drastically dropped, from possibly 50 years to barely 25. It scares me a little, but I know that I won’t back down.

Beomgyu always swore that he’ll help me till the day he dies. I promise I’ll do the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New update!

Did you survive?

I'm sorry

Well, hope you're still alive and okay and I hope I didn't ruin your day 👍🏻

Remember, ALS Beomgyu doesn't actually exist.
He can't hurt you 🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.4K 661 11
A story where Beomgyu and Yeonjun were bestfriends. Beomgyu was a quiet boy, and he had difficulty to express himself and his feelings. No one could...
18.3K 494 37
A text fic about Heuning Kai X Male reader. Y/n Joined the ♥ My baby's ♥ gc Y/n Lol dead chat Yeonjun I'm not dead? Y/n PLSYGTGHBHJN BABE LOLL UN...
F4 | TXT By Sun

Fanfiction

47.6K 2.4K 39
Beomgyu luckily made into his dream institution, with many dreams and desires. It rather turned out to be an unlucky achievement for the boy as he en...
36.9K 1.9K 21
"It takes a really long time for someone to realize they lost someone important. But, it only takes a blink of an eye to lose someone."