The Don

By shawdss

Read to find out how Kiara Dawnes goes from a waitress in Los Angeles to the Queen of an empire and what her... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
PSA🗣🗣
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
Epilogue
71
New Story Alert🚨
Announcement 🚨
BIG THANKS
New Sequel? Spoiler Alert🚨
Blood War🩸

37

8.3K 239 34
By shawdss

^kiara's outfit

"You're pretty sexy for a pregnant woman." Kiana smirked at me.

"Please don't." I sighed. I wish I could forget the fact that I'm pregnant but everyday I'm reminded because of the morning sickness and monthly checkups with the doctor. I'm now four months pregnant and for the most part only the immediate family knows that I'm with child. I an actually really happy about that because the last thing I need is for all of Italy to start treating me like a pregnant queen. I don't need all that attention so I'm enjoying it while it last which according to Dario is until we find out the baby'd gender.

For the most part things have been okay between us. Nothing had really changed honestly. He is still always out and about in his mafia business and finds the time to have sex with me. We barely talk and I can't even complain. It brings me peace of mind knowing that he isn't forcing any conversations on me.

Camilla on the other hand, I have been seeing alot of. Unfortunately she and her wife are still not on the best of terms and she decided to stay with Dario and I for a while. It's a way to provide her space in her relationship while being close to her sister in law and her unborn nephew as she put it. She is so determined that I'm going to have a boy. In fact they all are, so for the sake of it I'm hoping for a girl. It's hard to picture Dario as a family man or even a father. I can't believe the big bad mafia boss was so desperate to have me all to himself that he kidnapped me, married me and then practically forced me into starting a family.

I still don't understand him. I don't understand how he thinks. I wish I knew why he is the way that he is heartless and cold but according to everyone it just him, this has always been Dario which is quite disappointing. I think I would've rather heard that he went through something traumatic as a child and accepted that faster than this simply being who he is. 

The only thing Dario continues to stress on is the fact that he is in charge and I belong to him. Literally, he hasn't opened up to me one bit—not that I'm desperate or anything but at least for me to have a better idea of who it is I'm about to have a child for.  He is just so cold and distant. He shows no kind of affection of any of that. The only thing Dario shows me is power. His power to control me and dictate to me what to do and his power to own me and remind me every chance he gets that no matter what may happen I will always belong to him. Overall the only conclusion I've made within the last few months in addition to what I already knew about him is that he is possessive. I might've hinted it before but I confirmed it recently.

Dario doesn't want me interacting with the male gender at all unless it's his brothers or guards. It's ridiculous considering that the mansion is 99% man and he is hardly ever here. I don't know who else he expects me to try to force a conversation out of.

I was currently at lunch with Camilla and Kiana at one of my favorite spots. I've discovered the placed about a month ago and never miss a chance to come eat here. Their food is amazingly delicious and reasonably priced too-not that money has been an issue lately with the last name that I'm carrying.

"What's on your mind sis?"  Camilla asked me breaking me from my thoughts.

"My baby's gender, I really hope it's a girl." I cheesed at her. At first I really did want it to be a girl just because everybody else wanted a boy but honestly I can't see myself pushing out a mini Dario.

"Dio, spero di no."
(God, I hope not)

"Not this again." I sighed

"What? I can't have my own hopes?" She questioned.

"Why are you so against it Camilla? Aren't you supposed to be supportive either way? I mean I understand for Dario and his brothers but you.." I honestly didn't understand her.

"Mi dispiace Kiara, truly I am but it's just-
(I'm sorry)

"It's just what?" Kiana pressed her to finish.

"Complicated." She decided to say.

Kiana and I exchanged looks before bringing our attention back to Camilla who wasn't making any sense.

"What the hell are you talking about? What's complicated?" I rose a brow at her.

"Kiara there's something you should know.." She uttered softly.

"So spit it out Then!" Kiana fussed.

"It wasn't my place to tell you. I thought Dario would have told you by now." She confessed.

"Damn it Camilla! What is it?" I raised my voice more than I intended to.

"As Mrs.Romano, Queen to the mafia empire and the Don one of your sole purposes is to have his babies. However, the first born of the mafia leader must always be a son, to serve as a heir to the throne." She said to me.

"What does that even mean? What difference does it make if she has a girl or a boy?" Kiana asked her. We were both confused, Camilla wasn't making as much sense as she probably thought.

"If your first born isn't a boy, then you have two options to abort the baby or give her up for adoption." She clarified and I couldn't help but to laugh. What else could I have done, it was hilarious if you asked me.

What kind of sick mafia rule was that anyway. It had to be a bad joke because there's no way Camilla is telling the truth right now. It made no sense in my head. All that to have a heir to some stupid throne?

"Why can't the heir be a female?" Kiana asked sounding like she believed Camilla.

"It's simply not logical or realistic. The mafia is always ran by a man because in their eyes it take a man to be a leader.  Only a man could be a true alpha to such an empire. They look at women as being weak. It has always been that way for generations and it won't change not for you or anybody." Camilla said looking directly at me.

"So what you're saying is that you were just lucky that you turned out to be the last and not the first child?" I chuckled. I couldn't wrap my head around this.

After everything that happened. The fact that a baby was the last thing I wanted from Dario and now that I am used to the idea of being pregnant and actually want the baby his sister drops this bombshell on me. Why tf did 't Dario tell me be hat sooner? If that was the case why was he so upset when I had the abortion last time? I have so many mixed emotions right now but above all I'm pissed.

"Dario would never let me get rid of my baby, I did that once and I saw hell because of it."

"You went behind his back and got rid of a child that he knew nothing about Kiara. That is completely different. You violated the law and disrespected him all at once. No offense, but he had every right to be furious with you for that."

"Excuse you?" Kiana spoke up.

"Did he have every right to punish me the way that he did too?" I questioned her shocked at what just fell out of her mouth. How could she even look at me and say something like that.

"Calm down, I am not the enemy."

"No you're the enemies sister." I spat furious.

"Kiara please-" she begged but I cut her off.

"I've heard enough Camilla. I'm going home." I spat before walking off and storming outside to the vehicle. The guards immediately opened the door for me and once I sat in the backseat they pulled off without a word.
————
I hoped out of the vehicle and I was practically steaming. I was so furious at everything and everyone. I was seeing red. I didn't want anyone in my presence right now and rightfully so. My life is a complete mess. There's always something wrong going on. As if it's not bad enough that the De Lucas want my head even despite the fact that they haven't made a move on us since the club incident but now this?

In all my furry I still see the questionable looks from the maids as I hurriedly storm up the stairs. I didn't pay them any kind though, I was livid.

I swung the bedroom door open and I was shocked to see the last person I expected standing in the middle of the room.

"Are you stupidly suicidal?" I asked because in the state I'm in right now I could really kill anything with my bare hands.

"Sei di cattivo umore, vedo, i miei gemiti erano troppo forti? Non posso farci niente che Dario sappia davvero come accontentare una donna." She said with a smug look on her face.

(You're in a bad mood, I see, were my moans too loud? I can't help it that Dario really knows how to please a woman.)

"I would hardly call you a woman." I said through gritted teeth.
She really had some nerve and some serious balls. I wondered how tf she even got here in the first place. The families are at war so why would she be here and worse yet in our room unless Dario is the reason she's here. Then I wonder it she's being serious in what she just implied. Would he really sleep with her though and worse yet in the bed that he makes me sleep half naked in every night?

I see nothing but red and I don't even think when I pick up the first thing I see and send it after her. She's quick with the reflexes though and dodges the perfume bottle quickly as it crashed behind her.

"Nearly had me there." She chuckled.

Without thinking I charged at her in all my fury. I couldn't see her face really I was just swinging my fist and feeling a quick relief any time I managed to land a blow to her face. She was more focused on aiming them right back at me than defending herself though.

In the midst of it all I heard the bedroom door fly open behind me and the commotion let me know that the guards had arrived. However, that wasn't enough to stop me. I just kept going at it but once I felt those familiar strong arms around me, I stilled.

"That's enough." His rough italian accent sent chills down my spine. The tone in his words did nothing to hide his fury.

"Leave us." He spoke and everyone knew to do it immediately too. Now here we stood in the middle of our room alone.

I was still furious but I can't lie and say that I wasn't intimidated in this moment. The tension was thick and I could practically feel Dario's rage.

We stood in complete silence other than Our heavy breathing for what felt like five minutes until he broke the silence.

"Come potresti essere stupido?"
(How stupid could you be)

"Excuse me?" I couldn't believe that out of all things, those were his first words to me after what just happened. "Are you going to ignore the fact that she was in our room?" I lightly chuckled. I could not believe this man right now.

"And instead of calling the guards or me you decide to fight her?" He rose a brow at me like I was dumb.

"Don't look at me like I'm stupid Dario-

"YOU ARE FUCCIN STUPID KIARA! YOU'RE FIGHTING WHILE PREGNANT WITH MY CHILD!" He boomed and it's times like this that I am truly grateful that this room is soundproof.

That's when it hit me though. The reality of what I just did. I put my child's life in danger. What if that sicko had stabbed me, kicked me in the stomach or managed to throw me down, what would I have done? I obviously didn't think before I charged at her but she was really pissing me off.

"I wasn't thinking." I admitted to him feeling A little guilty.

"Clearly." He spat clearly annoyed at me.

That's when it hit me. The rage.

"Hold up Dario Fuccin Romano!" I spat and his eyes went wide for a split second before they narrowed down on me. "Don't come at me like this is my fault. Why was she even here?! You were supposed to have taken care of her but she is as wild and free as a pig in the forest. How did she even manage to get passed your dumbass guard and make her way to our room Dario! Then you-

I was cut off by the sudden tight grip on my throat.

"Did Milana hit you in the head or are you just losing your mind wife?" I hate the way he spits the word 'wife' at me sometimes. I wanted to yell at him so bad but he had a strong hold on my throat. At least strong enough to prevent me from speaking so I shot him the deadliest glare that I could muster but that only made him tighten his grip. Now I couldn't breathe.

"Don't test me Kiara." He whispered near my ear before roughly releasing me.

I instantly coughed up trying to get air back into my lungs. Once I was calmed down and regained my composure I just stared at him. He stood there with an emotionless look on his face like he didn't have a care in the world.

"If you're done acting up, why are you really riled up?"

PLEASE VOTE

Merry Christmas everyone ✨🎄🎊🥳 !!
Where my readers from I'm trynna see sumn👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 5.6K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
29.5K 509 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
209K 5.7K 46
Criminal. Fighter. Hacker. Assassin. Cop. Selena. Selena Montgomery was your average 17 year old girl. That's what it seemed like to the outside worl...
157K 6K 34
King reyansh singhania had never been taught how to love or respect a human soul.Fuck! He doesn't even has any idea how to treat a human in the first...