Half A Heart|✔️

由 XReaderAholic

'Destiny Plays Games too' [COMPLETE| Kaitlyn is the new girl in Crestville Academy, one of the most prestigio... 更多

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter-Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Sequel Announcement!

Chapter Nineteen

336 14 0
由 XReaderAholic

Alfred drove straight to his mother's office. The headquarters of Lé Diamanté. He stomped into the building and they all parted way for him to pass as one look on his face was enough to scare them. Even the ladies weren't making their usual approach at him. He went to the private elevator his mother used and headed to her office. Her secretary smiled at him which he returned with an icy glare and she bowed her head.

"Is mum inside?" He asked

"Yes but she has company"

"How much longer?"

"I don't know but it can take up to twenty minutes"

"I don't have that kind of time" he pushed her and barged into the office where she was with two men seated on the chairs facing her. She looked up at him and the other two turned around to face him

"Sebastian, what are you doing here?" Elizabeth asked

"I need to talk to you" he said,his voice cold.

"I'm busy right now" she turned to face the two gentlemen in front of her.

"Now" he demanded and she sighed.

"Lets take a five" she said to them and they left, leaving Alfred and his mother. "What was so important you had to interrupt me?" He doesn't answer but instead just throws the pictures on her desk. "What is this?" She took one of the pictures.

"See if for yourself" she looked closely at the pictures

"Isn't this Chris Hernandez? With a woman and a girl?"

"Yes that's his family"

"His family?" Her face turned to shock. "And isn't this Kaitlyn?"

"Yes. Kaitlyn is Chris Hernandez's daughter. The one he spoke about"

"What nonsense"

"It's not nonsense. I got access to her phone and got this pictures. She doesn't know I have them"

"They look photoshopped" she sank in her expensive leather seat and Alfred scoffed.

"They look photoshopped? You always deem yourself smart but you're stupid" she glared at him and he played with his tongue. "I don't care what you think anyways. I believe this. And I'm going to make it happen" he extended his hand to collect the pictures back but she grabbed them which made him smirk "you wouldn't have been Elizabeth Smith if you hadn't done that. I have other copies. You can kept those and be reminded of your sins"

"You won't dare do anything without my permission, Alfred"

"If you're Elizabeth Smith then I'm your son, Alfred Smith. Try and stop me. I'm the one who always pays the price for everything you do. And I'm more than ready to pay and correct this mistake of yours"

"Alfred! Don't you dare" he smirks again. "Even if you do I'll make sure to stop Kaitlyn"

"Fucking hell" he stormed out of the office leaving a distressed Elizabeth.

****
Alfred dragged Kendall into his room and she gave him a playful glare. He ruffled his hair and sighed while she just wondered why he was so stressed but didn't bother to ask. He drank a glass of water and slumped on the bed while Kendall just watched with curious eyes.

"Are you fine?" She asked

"Yeah I'm fine. I got what you wanted"

"Really?" She squealed and he glared at her

"Yes. And its kind of shocking" he handed her the pictures. "That's Kaitlyn, her dad and her mother. Kaitlyn is Chris Hernandez's Daughter. Now I remember where I had seen her. Chris had brought her to the grand opening event of his hospital" I remember instantly thinking she was pretty and liking her. He smiled softly at the memories.

"Wait, Chris Hernandez as in Chris Hernandez, JK?"

"Yes you dummy JK. Isn't it clear in the pictures?"

"But how'd you get the pictures?"

"I may or may not have hacked into her phone"

"You hacked into her phone? That's illegal and is a crime"

"Anything illegal is a crime" he said in a bored tone. "And that doesn't matter anyway. We just need to find a way to give her back her empire and her family"

"But if she's CH's daughter why didn't she say anything? And do you think Anna Hernandez knows?"

"That, I don't know. She has to tell you herself"

"But he said he has a son too. He was going to get his family here in NY when he met with that accident" Alfred twisted his tongue to the left side of his mouth at the mention of that accident.

"Yeah, the son" he scratched his tousled hair.

"Let me see what he looks like" he took out another picture and showed it to her. "This is-"

"No it's her brother. Jayden Hernandez"

"He looks just like him"

"Yes. But I think it just explains the fact that everyone in the world has a doppelgänger. Because we saw his corpse that day and we did his funeral. So it isn't him"

"Yeah I guess. But dad-"

"Dad will understand. He's better than mum anyways. He will help Kaitlyn"

"You know how dad gets when it's about mum. She has him wrapped"

"Yes but dad will never do anything wrong. Let's get cleared with Kaitlyn first and we can contact dad" she smiled at him. "Stop doing that you look stupid"

"What?"

"Smiling it makes you look stupid"

"You're the one who looks stupid with that stupid smirk and frown plastered on your face"

"Think with your mind not heart, idiot". You're doing the opposite now.

"Shut up I'm the big sis. I'm supposed to do the preaching"

"I feel like you're a six year old stuck in a twenty three years old body" she grabbed a pillow and smashed it on him while he smirked.

"I so hate you"

"Cause I'm not Kieran?" she gave him a full on death glare and he smirked harder almost smiling.

****
Kaitlyn threw a childish look at Alfred who was seated on the couch with his phone in one hand. He shook his head at her antics as she left. She decided to stroll to the park she had seen when she was coming back from school. It wasn't far. She tossed a pebble along the way as she sat on a bench. It was nice to have some fresh air instead of the tensed atmosphere at the Smith Mansion.

Christopher entered his house back in Tennessee with his hand full of roses and a smile on his face. He entered the kitchen where his wife, Cecilia was, cooking. He hugged her from behind and she jumped in surprise while he laughed.

"Got you" he said and laughed again.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a giggle "the kids can come down any minute from now"

"Let them come. I'm hugging my wife not someone else's" he smirked and kissed her cheeks. She smiled "guess what?"

"What is it?" He handed her the bunch of roses

"The hospital, it's completed" she turned to him with a squeal and placed her hand round his neck hugging him and jumping while he chuckled. "The first hospital in Jaguar Klan group of hospitals" he smiled. "Where are the kids? I promised to give them the first tour"

"Kaitlyn! Jayden!" She yelled and the two of them ran down the stairs excited as they heard their father's laughter.

"Dad!" Kaitlyn said and hugged her dad. "You haven't been home for weeks. Almost a month"

"Yes Kai was bullying me" Jayden said and made a face at his sister

"You're annoying" she defended herself and their parents smiled.

"Well guess what?"

"What is it?" Jayden asked excitedly.

"We're done with the first phase of JK Group of Hospitals" he said. "And we also have a business consultation firm coming up" Kaitlyn hugged him with a squeal.

"When are we going to get a tour?" She asked

"Next week. And then we get a grand opening party!" she grinned.

Only after that grand opening, he never went back to them. Not ever!

A tap on the shoulder made Kaitlyn slowly lift her head up to see Troy look at her with slightly narrowed eyes till he saw her face fully and it morphed to slight concern.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Nothing" she wiped her face as she just realized she had been crying and internally cursed herself for been such a baby in front of him as he sat beside her looking straight ahead

"And you're crying?"

"No something got in my eye" he smirked

"The Infamous excuse" she smiled a little.

"And what brings you here?"

"I was just passing by. And look, I saw you" she smiled but he was just looking straight. "A crying mess" she stopped smiling and bit her lip.

"I wasn't crying I'm fine" she looked away from him. He placed an arm around her shoulder and she snapped her head to look at him. He finally looked at her his face still expressionless.

"It's okay to cry. Just not too much" he gave her a faint smile and she broke. He turned his head front away from her. He turned to her after she laid there crying for five minutes and placed a hand on her head. "It's going to be okay" she looked at him and he wiped her tears with the pad of his thumb. She smiled and he leaned forward but suddenly stopped   She looked straight into his eyes but he quickly shielded his emotions and looked away.

"I wish i was like you"

"Don't wish to be like me" he said almost in a whisper.

"Why? You're strong and deal with things in a matured way"

"Trust me, I wish I wasn't like this. I was forced to mature early" he turned to her. "Why were you crying?"

"Tomorrow's my father's death anniversary and the next is my mother's"

"I'm sorry for that. Tomorrow is also Chris Hernandez's death anniversary" he looked intently at her as she flinched "are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I just don't like CH"

"Why? Everyone likes him. He did so many charity projects and his hospital caters for the poor as well. What's there to not like in him? Plus you don't know him personally you can't judge" he turned his attention back to thin air.

"Personally?" She scoffed. "He's horrible. Why didn't he let anyone meet his family till he was on the verge of dying?"

"Some influential people like keeping their families private for security reasons"

"I don't want to continue this argument I'm going home" I was hoping she'd spill. But that's up to Alfred now.

"I can drop you off"

"No it's okay i don't want to burden you"

"I offered right, so it's okay. It's a motorcycle though. I can call for a car if you want"

"It's fine. I like them"

"Hop on" he said as he got on. "You, uhm, need to hold me tight so you won't fall off"

"Yes of course" she grinned and slipped her hand round his waist. This is pure heaven, she thought with a big smile on her face. If crying makes me end up like this then I don't mind crying all the time.

••••••••••
Thoughts 💭

If you're still here and liked it please vote by tapping on the little star at the bottom of this page. It's how I feel encouraged and earn recognition. You can suggest points on how to improve the book; constructive criticism is always welcomed.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
16.7K 1.3K 58
Alison moved to a new town as her father got a new job, simultaneously, she decided to hide her dark past, starting a new chapter of her complicated...
835K 19.5K 80
"You don't like it rough?" he asks me. Oh, okay, I smirk back at him, two can play this game. "I like it... but only during sex, " I say to him wat...
107K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...