Living Like Sleeping Beauty

By Claudiaxcf97

Sleeping Beauty? Ha! That girl had it easy. My name is Morgan Peters and I fall asleep at random times of the... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Beginning Of The End
Chapter Two - Where Is Your Fairy God Mother When You Need Her?
Chapter Three - Meeting Prince Charming.
Chapter Four - It's Gym Time, Not Nap Time.
Chapter Five - The Blue Paint Accident.
Chapter Six - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.
Chapter Seven - The Seafood Disaster
Chapter Eight - The Green Eyed Morgan
Chapter Nine - The Dinner Party
Chapter Ten - Parenthood
Chapter Eleven - Annoying Babies And Arrogant Baby Daddies.
Chapter Twelve - The Tables Have Turned.
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy.
Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember
Chapter Fifteen - Cute
Chapter Sixteen - Making Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - When Siblings Fight
Chapter Eighteen - Tension
Chapter Nineteen - Kicking and Screaming
Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month
Chapter Twenty One - Two Birds, One Stone.
Chapter Twenty Two - Let The Wooing Begin.
Chapter Twenty Three - Detours
Chapter Twenty Four - Is This Public Enough For You?
Chapter Twenty Five - Scenery
Chapter Twenty Six - Persuasive
Chapter Twenty Seven - Busted By a Four Year Old.
Chapter Twenty Eight - Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine - Baby Steps
Chapter Thirty - The Performance
Chapter Thirty Two - Foolish
Chapter Thirty Three - Reality Check
Chapter Thirty Four - Operation Hurt
Chapter Thirty Five - Deals & Misunderstandings
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty Seven - Getting To Know You
Chapter Thirty Eight - An Unappreciated Warning
Chapter Thirty Nine - Preparations For Showtime.
Chapter Forty - Her Regret
Chapter Forty One - An Old Friend
Chapter Forty Two - Alone
Chapter Forty Three - Surrounded with the Familiar
Chapter Forty Four - The Recovery Period

Chapter Thirty One - Drama

200K 3.1K 1K
By Claudiaxcf97

I know you guys are probably expecting an excuse for the long wait and truthfully, I don't have one. I just never got round to writing. But then I looked at how long it had been from the last update and I felt awful. So this was written in the space of four hours. And now I am mentally exhausted but I think you will like it. 

Alot of drama happens in this chapter and I have a feeling you guys are going to hate me after you read it but you're just going to have to read it. 

Enjoy :)

Chapter Thirty One - Drama

Last night felt like a turning point in Scott and I's relationship. It was amazing and everything I could have dreamed of. He treated me like a princess and not to sound like a completely cheesy romantic but I felt as light as a feather when I was with him. And to top it all off, when I was walking down the hallway with Tessa to english the next day, Scott had come right up to me and kissed me on the cheek in front of everybody. And to say everybody was talking about it was an understatement. I couldn't walk into a room all day without someone whispering about my relationship with Scott but to be honest, I could not care less. Scott had finally accepted me in public which was all I wanted all along.

So you couldn't blame me when I half skipped towards rehearsals after school. feeling like a fairytale came to life and I was living it. Although I should really be dreading, rehearals. The play was coming up in a couple of weeks and each week Piper got more and more uptight. And the fact that Ryan and I still hadn't finished the scenery wasn't making her any less relaxed. I was actually worried that some day she was going to combust with the pressure of directing the play so when she needed anything I did everything I could possibly do to help.

I stepped inside the warm auditorium to see a crowd gathered around the stage, grim expressions on all of their faces and I immediately knew something was wrong. I rushed over to see that Piper was seated on the corner of the stage away from the group with her hands wrapped tightly around her folded up knees while she repeatedly banged her head against the wall mumbling something over and over looking just about ready to break something.

When I was close enough to her I knelt down and touched her shoulder lightly. 

"Piper what's going on?" I asked, feeling my deliriously happy bubble pop for the first time today which made me feel a little sad. A few more moments of happiness would have been appreiated but Piper was my friend and I needed to be there for her. She looked at me with a face that looked like a person that had just found out that their beloved cat had been crushed by a milkvan.

"It's over. Everything is ruined." She cried, her eyes brimming with tears. I knew immediately that something had happened with the musical. The only thing that could upset the normally cool and collected Piper was her beloved musical. I knew how much it meant to her because a talent scout was coming to watch from her dream college who she hoped would offer her a scholarship to NYU. Everything was riding on this play. And something had definitely happened to throw a spanner in the works.

"What happened?" I asked attentively, not wanting her to break down if I pressed too hard. She raised a hand and pointed to the group that was gathered at the centre of the stage. I realised for the first time that they were actually gathered around something. I stood to my feet and made my way through the crowd, finally reaching to the middle. There, standing centre stage, was Chloe, animatedly telling a story while her right leg was in a cast and she held in her hands crutches. I felt a hand go to my mouth in shock and I realised what Piper was so upset about. Her sleeping beauty had just broken her leg and they could not possibly find a replacement in time and teach her the lines since even Chloe's understudy had pulled out last week when Chloe had insulted her, telling her that she would never live up to her standards. Piper had never found a replacement because she had been too busy and probably would never have guessed that this would happen.

"Chloe what the hell happened?" I gasped, totally forgetting that she hadn't spoke to me since she accused me of ruining her non existing relationship with Chase. She looked up at me with indifference but  of course she couldn't bear not to have all attention on her. 

"I fell off the pyramid at cheer leading practise. It was a total accident. I don't even know what she is freaking out about." She paused, motioning with her crutches to Piper who had stood up and was now standing beside me. "I can still be sleeping beauty. Just say she had a little accident. No big deal." She finished with a shrug. I stood still for a moment, waiting for her to say she was joking but nothing came from her. Just when I was about to ask her what the hell she was talking about, Piper finally snapped.

"ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS? Do you expect me to have a sleeping beauty in crutches?! Have you lost your MIND!" She practically screamed in my ear. I winced as I felt my ears about to burst. Piper stepped through the crowd till she was right in front of Chloe who was a probably a head taller than her, huffing and puffing. 

"Calm down midget. I can work with this. I'm the star of the show, nobody will pay attention to my leg when they hear my voice." She scoffed, waving a hand in the air, stumbling when one of her crutches nearly slipped from her hands. I heard a scoff from the corner at her words and saw Ryan watching the scene unfold with his arms crossed. He caught me looking and gave me a small smile which I returned before turning back the train wreck that was unfolding before me.

"I try not to hit people who are physically disabled, but so help me God, I will forget that rule especially for you Chloe, you stuck up, annoying, arrogant bia-" I stood forward, cutting her off before we have a full blown cat fight on out hands.

"I think we all need to calm down. Piper I'm sure we can find somebody to replace sleeping beauty. One of the extras are bound to know the lines." I offered, stepping in front of her to look at her properly. She was taking deep breaths and continued to glare at Chloe. Finally she began nodding her head and turned to the crowd of people around her.

"Does anyone know the lines?" She asked in a somewhat hopeful voice. She was met with people shaking their heads and avoiding her gaze. A cry of frustration left her lips as she turned her back on everyone, running her hands over her face. A smug look crept onto Chloe's face.

"See? You have to keep me. I'm the only one who can do it. Plus, even if one of them knew the lines, none of them could sing like me." She sang, flicking her hair over her shoulders. I had never wanted to hit someone so much as I wanted to hit her at that moment and I could feel my hand twitching at my side. 

"Morgan can sing." A voice announced into the silence of the room. I felt my stomach and bottom lip drop as I looked to the voice. Ryan began moving forward, excitement building up in his eyes as everyone began mumbling about the possibility of the show being able to continue. I desperately shook my head at him, begging him to shut up but Piper had already turned around to look at me with wide eyes.

"You can sing?" She asked, her voice deadly quiet. I began shaking my head, hoping to control this whole situation before it got out of hand.

"No Piper, I can't. Ryan is exaggerating-" I began but Ryan interrupted me and at that moment I took back what I said earlier. Now the only person I wanted to hit more than Chloe was Ryan.

"She's amazing. And I'm guessing she knows all the lines. She mouths them to herself all the time when Chloe is practising." He talked so fast that I barely got the words that came out of his mouth.  Before I could ask him how he knew that, Piper's eyes were slowly beginning to fill with hope which would only make this harder to do.

"Is that true Morgan?" She asked in a small voice that was so unlike Piper that I felt it tug on my heart strings. I grimaced, knowing what was going to come next. She was going to ask me to sing and I was going to freak out. I gave Ryan a look that clearly said we were going to have some heated words later which he only responded to with a shrug, telling me that he was not sorry. He would definitely be sorry later when I had my hands wrapped around his throat.

"A little. Piper I can't sing in front of people. I get all choked up and flustered and I..." I trailed off, feeling myself getting worked up. "I think I'm going to be sick." I ended, meaning everything I said. Piper reached forward and grabbed my shoulders, her fingers digging painfully into them making me wince.

"And I would never ask you to do this if I wasn't so desperate. Please Morgan, I'm begging you. Just please sing for me. Please?" She pleaded and to my dismay, she got down on her knees. Just when I thought I couldn't feel any sicker, I felt as if I was about to throw up an entire alien. This was so not how my day was supposed to go! I was supposed to have a great day remembering my night with Scott and how he had showed the enture school that he was involved with me with that kiss on the cheek.

I looked away from Piper's pleading eyes and  met everyone's elses. Ryan looked hopeful. Mikey looked excited like the rest of the people gathered and Chloe looked positvely murderous. And then I looked at Piper who looked so desperate that I felt bad for even thinking of saying no. Piper had been good to me my whole time here and what kind of friend would I be if I told her no?

"Okay." I breathed, not believing the word coming out of my mouth. Piper let out a shout of elation and jumped to her feet, ordering people about immediately. She ushered me towards the piano where a guy with an encouraging smile was already waiting for me to tell him a song while everyone else rushed towards the seats where they would watch me sing. I mumbled a song to the guy who in return wished me luck. I tried to smile back but it came out as more of a grimace. The song I had chosen was Listen by Beyonce. It was a song I had sang for Chase when it had first came out and was one of my favourite shower songs.

I felt my hands shake furiously as I took to the middle of the stage where the microphone rested. The spot light shone brightly on my face, making me feel too hot and bothered than I would care to feel. I prayed silently in my head not to have a sleep attack because I really had no idea how I would explain why I randomly fell asleep to them.

The intro of the song began to play and I felt my breath quicken and palms began to sweat. My eyes  found Piper, siting forward in her seat eagerly waiting and Mikey seated beside her giving me a small smile, trying to make me feel better but with no luck. I knew they were all relying on me but I had no idea how I could be the person they wanted me to be. While I was thinking this, I realised I had missed the opening of the song.

I cursed under my breath and mouthed an apology to the guy on the piano who only nodded his head, repeating the intro. I took a deep breath and then opened my mouth, beginning to sing. I closed my eyes to block them all out and let my voice ring out, afraid to open them and look into the eyes of the people who were expecting so much from me. And when it came to the part where my voice began to rise in the auditorium, filling the room with it, I opened my eyes and focused on each one of them, feeling a little confident when I hadn't messed up yet.

Finally it ended and I was met with a resounding silence. And just like that, the sick feeling came back. They didn't like it. I knew it. I had messed up and let them all down. Just when I was about to leave the stage and get out of there as fast as I could, I heard hands begin to move together and suddenly everyone was on their feet clapping furiously. My lips began trembling as watched them go crazy in front of me. I covered my mouth, not sure if I wanted to laugh or cry. So I settled on both, letting my eyes glitter with unleashed tears while I grinned crazily at them all.

I then noticed that Piper began making her way towards me.

"Oh my freakin' goodness! Morgan! Why didn't you tell me you could sing like that! If I had of known I would of got rid of the moron back there ages ago!" She laughed, gesturing back to Chloe who was fuming presumably about me to a completely indifferent Mikey.

I laughed out loud with Piper, shaking my head.

"I don't know, I just-" I began but was interrupted with my stomach lurching. Before I knew it I was bent over and puking my guts out over the stage due to all the nerves I had felt in the last seven minutes. I looked up to a sympathetic Piper who patted my back and held back my hair.

"Don't worry," The red head began, which I returned with a look of dismay. How the hell could I perform on stage if I puke after each performance? "We can totally fix that." She winked when I let out a snort before continuing emptying out my insides.

Mikey's POV

After rehearsals, Mikey was lucky enough to have football practise. So when he arrived, still buzzing after the drama with Morgan, he quickly found his friend and told him all about it and just like he suspected, Scott seemed as shocked as he was, since nobody seemed to know about her amazing talent until this afternoon. And something in the look in his friends eyes told Mikey that Scott was incredibly proud of Morgan for what she did.

"She seriously got up in front of everybody?" He asked, as they both were getting changed in the boy's locker after practise. Mikey nodded his head like a proud father.

"Yup. Just got up there and sang. She was incredible. But she puked afterward though." He added after a second thought. They both grimaced at the thought of vomit. Mikey could see the worry in his friend's eyes for the girl who had turned his entire life upside down. And he couldn't help but smile at how much Scott had changed in the small amount of time he had known the girl. It was nice seeing him finally liking just one girl and letting go of his player ways.

"I better go check on her." He mumbled to himself while Mikey suppressed a grin, pushing his uniform into his kit bag just when Scott turned his head to notice the expression on his friend's face.

"What are you grinning about?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. Mikey shook his head, trying not to laugh at his friend who he believed was definitely whipped.

"Nothing, it's just-" He began but was interrupted when a hand slapped down on each of their shoulders. Both guys turned to see Hank Webster standing in front of them with a leering grin on his face. He was the team's kicker and the schools douche bag. Scott and Miley shared a look which told each other that they knew that if this guy stepped out of line (which was most likely going to happen) they would have each other's back.

"I heard you got yourself a new squeeze Scott. Mona? Molly is her name?" Hank grinned, raising an eyebrow. Mikey didn't even need to look at him to know that his friend had tensed up and was suddenly standing taller now, bracing himself for what was to come. Hank had definitely choose the wrong topic when he came to Scott and he was about to know it.

"Morgan." Scott corrected his voice deadly quiet. The rest of the locker room went just as quiet as they felt the tense atmosphere fill the room; all eyes were focused on Scoot and Hank.

"Whatever. What I want to know is if it's exclusive and if not can I take a turn with her." Hank asked in an annoyingly confident voice. Scott closed his eyes, took a deep breath and when he opened them, Mikey saw blazing fury beneath them which he wasn't used to. Normally Scott was the last one to get into a confrontation but here he was, standing a head taller than Hank and towering over him with a murderous expression.

"You won't lay a finger on her." Scott warned. Hank laughed, as if Scott wasn't angry enough.

"Dude, is she your girlfriend or not? You can't blame me for wanting a go... Have you seen her ass?" Just as his words left his mouth, Scott had his collar in his hands and had slammed him against the nearest locked with his face dangerously close to the Hank's.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that. Do you hear me Hank? Don't talk to her. Don't look at her and how about you don't even think about her." He warned in a thunderous voice, looking madder than Mikey had ever saw him, slamming Hank's head into the locker with every 'don't'. "Understand Webster?" He hissed. Hank, finally realising that he had gone too far nodded his head with wide eyes. Scott kept him there a few more seconds before throwing him back against the lockers one more time and then began to turn away.

Hank took a couple of quick breaths and then spoke out again.

"Jesus Williams, what's your problem? She's only a piece of ass! I never thought the legendary Scott Williams would have a hissy fit over a girl." He sneered. Mikey shook his head, knowing what was coming next. Quick as a flash, Scott had turned around and slammed his fist into Hank's noise with deadly speed. Blood sprouted from Hank's nose as the dumbass himself let out a cry of pain and slide to the ground. Scott grabbed his kit bag and headed out if he locker, still looking like he could use something to punch. The other guys gave him pats on his back as he left, quietly telling him they would have did the same thing if someone had talked about their girl like that.

Mikey immediately followed behind, nodding goodbyes to the guys as he went while trying to keep up with Scott. Once outside, Scott began pacing back and forward on the grassy area in front of the pitch.

"You okay?" Mikey asked, folding his arms as he watched his distressed friend continue to ruin the grass with his quick steps. The groundskeeper definitely was not going to be happy. Scott didn't speak a reply, only shook his head. So they remained silent for a couple of minutes before Scott finally spoke.

"That shouldn't have happened." He said coming to a stop in front of Mikey, nodding his head towards the door of the changing rooms. Mikey didn't speak, deciding to let his friend get everything out before he told him his thoughts on what had happened, which involved the fact that Scott was smitten with a girl and he didn't even know it yet.

"I shouldn't have reacted like that. Especially not over a girl." He shook his head like he couldn't quite believe it himself. "What the hell is happening to me?" Scott muttered, running his hands through his hair. Mikey decided that this was the perfect time for him to intervene.

"Do I really need to tell you what is happening to you?" He asked, raising eyebrow at his friend. 

Scott looked at him confused for a second before realisation dawned on him and he looked like he was going to be sick.  He shook his head and began rubbing his hand on his chin, looking to be in deep thought.

"No way. Not me. That kind of stuff doesn't happen to me. I'm not like that." Scott reasoned to no one but himself.

Mikey felt nothing but pity for his friend. Morgan had entered his life like a tornado and had turned everything Scott had been on its head. He began to wonder if she knew that Scott hadn't been with another girl in a month and that had to be a record for his friend. And she was the reason for all of it. Of course he was freaking out. Players don't fall in love every day and the transition was going to be hard for him. But Mikey  just hoped that Scott didn't do anything stupid while he figures things out himself.

"I gotta fix this." Scott mumbled to himself, seemed to be completely lost. Mikey felt himself narrow his eyes in suspicion. This was not the confession of Scott's undying love for Morgan like he was expecting. Mikey hadn't planned that Scott would be so distressed about the whole thing and now he was starting to get worried.

"And how the hell are you going to so that?" He asked, confused for the first time in a long time. Usually Mikey was very insightful in all his friend's lives and knew what they were thinking and what they would do in times like this but at the moment he had no idea what his friend was thinking of doing.

Just then the door of the lockers opened and a couple of guys from the team walked out, probably still talking about what had happened a couple of minutes ago. Scott's eyes lit up and he began walking towards them with a new sense of purpose. Mikey followed, dreading what his friend was about to do and knowing that it was going to be wrong whatever it was. 

"Hey Jefferson!" Scott called out. One of the guys turned around to the sound of his name, seeming shocked when he saw Scott coming towards him and then a little scared, probably remembering what Scott was capable of as he just saw it a few moments ago.

"Um yeah?" He asked nervously, looking to Mikey who stood close by for guidance on what to do.

"You still having a party tonight?" Scott inquired, raising an eyebrow. The guy, Jefferson grinned, seeming happy that he wasn't in any trouble and excited to be asked about his impending party that Mikey had heard about this morning. He and Scott had already spoken about it and had no intention of going to this party due to the fact that both of them didn't really feel like going out. Mikey had put it down to Scott wanting to spend time with Morgan but now Hank had went and thrown a spanner in the works and Mikey had no idea where things were about to go. And he really didn't like that uncertainty.

"Of course. You coming?" All of the guys seemed excited at the prospect of Scott going to the party. Everyone knew that when Scott Williams went to a party, then that was going to be one hell of a party. Everyone knew that. Even a party that was held on a Monday night.

"Any girls going?" Scott replied. Mikey immediately knew what he was doing and a groan escaped his mouth. What the hell was he thinking!

Jefferson nodded his head. "Of course!" was his reply. All eyes returned to Scott who now had his signature smirk on his face, one corner lifting up and showing his dimples but the smile did not quite meet his eyes and Mikey knew that this was all an act. His friend didn't want to do this but felt as if he needed to.

"Then I'll be there" He concluded, turning to walk away towards the car park only this time Mikey didn't follow. The notorious Scott Williams was back and something old Mikey that he was ten times worse than before.

Hate me yet?

Please vote and comment! It always makes me smile to read all of your comments... You guys are awesome.

Until next time everyone. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273 23 14
This story kinda aligns with Disney's Sleeping Beauty.But werewolf edition.Everyone knows what happened in that story Princess Aurora gets a cursed p...
26.1K 626 28
🌹An 💫EVER AFTER HIGH💫 Fairytale🌹 Cover beautifully made by my cousin, @vulpenfave 😘💘 In the magical world of Ever After, a new student arrives...
451K 16.5K 55
"Sometimes the hardest thing in life is accepting that no matter what you do, you can't plan for everything to end accordantly. Sometimes, it's the...
5.5K 123 60
"How do you feel now, Morgan?" She says, more pointing something out than asking a question. She grabs hold of my wrists and tightens them. If I coul...