Never Knowing (Daryl Dixon)

By baileytourney

Hey, my names Bailey Greene and I'm 23. No I'm not Hershel's real daughter but he considers me one. Me and Ma... More

Never Knowing (Daryl Dixon)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Author's Note
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Eight

7.6K 120 26
By baileytourney

Bailey's POV

  I woke with a start. Benny was shaking. He finally stopped after a few minutes and wakes up. I gather him up in my arms and let him cry. "What happened?" Daryl rubs his eyes.

   "Nothing. Go back to sleep we leave as soon as everyone wakes. We are a few hours away from the farm and we aren't stopping at all." I frown at a sleeping Benny.

  Daryl tightens his arms around me and puts his face in my back. I close my eyes but don't fall asleep. I soon felt Daryl's soft snores on my exposed skin. I weaved my small body threw his arms and I tucked Benny in the covers. 

  I walked down stairs with Killer behind. I walked outside and looked around. Killer laid down with his head on his paws.

  I sit beside him and stare off into the distance. I looked over at the house across the street and looked at every single detail. 

  I could hear a little girl laughing along with a woman and a man. I could see them. The little girl and the mother were running away from the man.

  The man went after the little girl and scooped her up and she squealed. The mother had love in her eyes watching them. 

  The man put the girl down and kissed her forehead and went to the mother and kissed her. All of a sudden the little girl was screaming in pain. My eyes darted to the ghost of a girl being devoured by a monster. She was screaming so loud I winced. 

  The mother screamed in terror as a different monster came up behind her and pulled her down. The father was looking between the mother and the daughter. Until it was to late. The mothers neck was ripped out. I closed my eyes as the man yelled out for his family. 

  When I opened my eyes they were gone. I sighed and wrapped my arms around my knees. I was frowning and glaring at the ground. 

  "Why are you glaring at the ground? It didn't do anything to you. And stop frowning or your face will stay like that." I looked behind and saw Daryl standing in the door way. "I always frown." I say and look back towards the house across the street.

  "You like something about that house or what? You've been staring at it for the past 5 minutes." Daryl grunts. "No. A family of three died in that front yard. Walkers attacked them while they were playing." I say with no emotion. 

  "How do you know that?" He asks surprised. "I don't. I had a vision. It was like a memory from someone who was watching. Their bodies were like ghosts. I could hear them. Everything. It was weird. It seemed like it actually happened." I rest my chin on my knees.

  "Woah. How did the vision come to you?" He frowns. "I just stared and then blink and it felt like I was someone else, and then I closed my eyes and opened them and it was gone." I frown. I look back at the street. 

  "Oh.. Well then. I'll go get the others up." He says walking into the house. I keep staring at the road and blink. The sound of shuffling feet is heard. Time fast forwards and a huge heard of walkers comes threw. I see a woman thrusting a child into a different woman's arms. 

  She yells something to two men and they all run towards the herd and starts taking then down. All of their faces were blurred, The woman pulls out a large sword and takes down multiple in a matter of seconds. One man has a pan and smacks the shit out of one and the head makes a cracking noise. 

  The other man shoots a Crossbow and hits one in the eye. This goes on for awhile, until the man with the crossbow was trying to load his crossbow while a walker snuck up behind him and takes a huge chunk out of his neck and pulls him down. The woman yelled out for him. 

  The other man pulls her away and places her in the truck and drives off as she yells for the screaming man. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. That seemed really familiar to me. I felt something bad stirring in my gut.

  I sighed and got up. I went inside to see Benny running down the stairs towards me. He jumped in my open arms and squeezed my neck. I wrapped my arms around his back and hugged him. I set him down in the kitchen and told Killer to stay. 

  I ran upstairs and almost ran into Harry. I smiled and ran into the room I slept in. Daryl was sitting on the bed pulling on his boots.

  I went into the bathroom and changed into a pair of shorts. I strapped my holsters on the side of my thighs and put my revolvers into them.

  I put my leather jacket on and place the katana holster that was holding it onto my back. I walk out throwing the bag on my back also adjusting it. Daryl smiles at me but I frown. "I had another one of the visions when you left..." I start. "Okay wanna talk about-" "BAILEY! DARYL!" 

  I dart out of the room and see Harry and Hanna looking out of the window in the hallway. Dozens of walkers were coming. My eyes widen and I run down stairs into the kitchen. I see Benny cowering in the corner and Killer is standing in front of him. 

  Killer was growling towards the window in the kitchen showing the horde of walkers. I pick Benny up. "Benny I need you to run and get your stuff. Daryl is up there. Hurry." I whisper and set him down. He runs and returns a minute later. 

  Daryl, Harry, and Hanna all pile in. I walk outside and see the horde to close. We would have to fight some of them off. I give Benny to Hanna and tell her to watch him like a hawk. "Daryl! Harry! They are getting to close. We have to down some." I yell and walk towards the on coming horde.

  I pull out my katana and spin it in my hand. I smile as I walk up to a close group of five. I upper cut one splitting the head in two. I bring my arm to the right and it connects with its brain.

  I pull my hand back and stab one in the head from a further distance. I finally grabbed the sword with both hands and brought it down on anothers head. I quickly killed the last of the five. 

  I heard a sickening crack and looked over to see Harry holding a pan standing over a dead walker. I frown and a vision shoots threw my head. It was the one of that girl screaming for the man that got attacked. My eyes widened in realization. I turned in a circle looking for Daryl

  My eyes landed on him and I saw a walker behind him. I screamed and he looked up at me while reloading. He didn't get the hint so I ran and placed my katana on my back.

   I grabbed a throwing knife from the inside of my jacket and pushed Daryl out of the way, right as the walker was going to grab him. 

  Instead of throwing I got tackled. I flipped over and brought the knife down on the walkers head. I took a deep breath and then got up. "Harry get Hanna and Benny and get in the car! NOW!" I yell running to the bikes. Daryl was already at his because I was yelling at Harry. 

  I jump on mine and pull away. Harry and Daryl behind. 

(*TIME SKIP*)

  I pulled up to the farm and almost fell off the bike getting off. I booked it to the truck and threw open the door. Benny was sitting crying into Hanna. He looked up and leaped into my arms. I grabbed the back of his head and pulled him closer to me. 

  He finished crying and I noticed everyone outside. Benny, still buried in my neck, sniffled. I look up at Hershel and he smiles. I smile back with tears in my eyes. 

  "BAILEY!" Maggie and Beth yell running out of the door. I smile and set Benny down. He runs behind me and wraps his arms around one of my legs. He was so small for a 9 year old. But then again I look like in 15 and I'm 23. 

  "Maggie! Beth!" I hug them. Hanna and Harry get out of the car and Shane asks who they are. "That's Harry and Hanna. Found them in a department store." I turn and look at them. They slightly smile at me. 

  "We don't know these people. We need to lock them up to make sure they are not a threat." Shane hisses. "Shut the hell up Shane. That's my fucking brother! And they are with me. I will watch them. If you harm these people, you and your group will be off this land in an instant." I growl. 

  "Fine then but when someone dies its on you." He walks away. "That's right pussy! Walk away!" I yell after him. A few people giggle. "That goes for anybody. These siblings have helped gather stuff for you. They are good people."  I put my hands on their shoulders as they walk up beside me. 

  "The stuff in the back is for y'all." I smile pointing at the back. Rick walks over and opens the door and a big furry dog jumps out. I get tackled and my face is instantly covered with slobber. "UGH KILLER!" I laugh.

  I get up and pet his head. "Bailey what the hell is a dog doing here?" Hershel frowns. "Ooh Hershel!! Please can we keep him! PLEASE!" I jump up in down in front of him while smiling and clapping my hands. "Bailey.." He starts. "You know how I am with animals! PWEASE!" I get on my knees and hug Killer.

  Hershel smiles and I jump up and hug him. "Dude she seems so innocent and shit and then when she is pissed she is the scariest fucking thing.." Glenn whispers to T-Dog. I look over at Glenn. "What was that chinaman." I deadpan. His eyes widen and he shudders.

  "W-w-ell.. I s-s-said-" He stutters. "I'm just kidding G, But don't fuck with me." I smirk. "See I told you we had another Daryl!" Lori laughs. "Hey!" Daryl grunts. I smile at him. "Bailey.. Who are all these people?" Benny whines.

  "This is Hershel, Beth, and my best friend Maggie. I live with them and I have since I was 14. Those people over there are Rick's group. Rick and Lori's son, Carl, was shot by.. One of our men that is not here with us anymore.. Carl is around your age. If they stay here then maybe you two can become friends." I smile fakely, thinking of Otis.

  "Oh! Sweet! Can I go meet him??" He jumps. "He is sleeping baby. Maybe if it's alright by Rick, you can later?" I look up to Rick and he nods. I smile. "Okay." Benny smiles. "Okay, Rick you and your group can get that stuff out now." I say walking up the porch steps.

  I walk into my room with Benny, Hanna, and Harry following. "Okay. Hanna and Harry are y'all okay with sleeping in a tent outside? If not then y'all can take the floor." I ask. "We will be fine with the tent." Hanna smiles. 

 "Okay well for tonight sleep in here because it's to dark to set up a tent. Here." I hand then two pillows from off of my bed and hand them two blankets from the closet. "Thank you again Bailey.." Harry smiles. 

  I nod and tell Benny to get in bed. I lay beside without changing. Hanna and Harry get settled and fall asleep quickly. I rub Benny's back until I feel his soft snores. I get up quietly and change into my spandex and a shirt that says "No pants are the best pants". 

  I place my hunting knife in my waistband and walk down stairs. I get a small cup of coffee and go outside. I sit down on the porch swing and gently rock. I see Rick's group were already all in their tents. I sip my coffee and close my eyes.

(*TIME SKIP*)

  I hear rustling and I jolt awake. I notice I was still outside on the porch swing. I put my cup on the small table and get up. I jog down the steps and walk over to the bushes. The rustling stops for a minute then a body comes out.

  I place my knife on its head. "What the hell woman?" Daryl grunts. "Sorry.." I place my knife back into my waist band. "S'okay. So.. You're 23?" He frowns. "You're 32." I smirk. "That's 9 years apart." He says. 

  "Oh look Dixon can do math." I smirk. "Shut the hell up. That's not the point." He growls. "Then what is?" I put my hand on my hip. "Us." He speaks. "What about us?" I ask. "Ugh Never Mind. Forget it." He walks away to his tent. 

  "Chill Bro.. Don't get your panties in a wad." I sneer and walk to his tent. "Knock Knock Babe! I'm coming in." I sarcastically remark and crawl into the tent. Daryl was sitting in the corner sharpening his knife. 

I lay down and cuddle into his bed. I inhale his wood mixed with cigarette scent. I sigh in content and smile to myself. "Make yourself comfortable." He throws a hand at me sarcastically. I stick my tongue out then smile.

  I laid there for awhile until I spoke my thoughts. "Daryl.. What did you mean by, us?" I lean my head up to look at him. He glances up at me. "Does the age difference make you uncomfortable?" He frowns. 

  "Daryl, We are in an apocalypse. Who the hell gives a shit about age?" I smirk. "I don't know. Someone probably does." He shrugs and looks down. "Well I'm not that someone." I smile. He looks up and gives me a small smile.

  "So what are we?" He tilts his head to the side. "Daryl. What do you want us to be?" I look down. "Together." He says while looking up at me. I smile. "Okay then that's what we will be." He nods. "Can we keep it on the low for awhile?" He frowns. 

  "Yeah. But can I tell Mags?" I beg. "Okay.. But no one else for now." He smiles at my excitement. I get up and tackle him in a hug. He falls back and I squeeze him. He laughs and wraps his arms around my waist. 

  Still on him, I lean up and look at him. "You're very attractive Mr. Dixon." I smile and peck his lips. "You are the attractive one. I don't know what you see in me.." He frowns. 

  I place my lips on his once again and keep them there for awhile. "Yeah right. I like your nose." I peck his nose. "I like your eyes." I kiss his closed eyes gently. "I like your cheeks." I kiss his left cheek and make a trail over his nose to his right cheek. 

  "I love your lips." I kiss his lips and linger for a minute. "I like your beautiful face." I plant feather light kisses all over his face. "And I like everything about you. We have a lot in common but then we have a lot of differences." I smile.

  "But the most important thing is the I like you for you. Even if you did shoot me with your crossbow." I laugh and he blushes. "If you aren't that sure about us then we can keep it a secret for as long as you want. I will be right by your side the whole way." I smile and kiss his lips. 

  Daryl flips us over so that he is on top. "You are seriously the most amazing person I know. No one has ever done this much to make me feel comfortable." He kiss me and I open my mouth and our tongues play for a little.

   "I'm not that amazing. I just like someone. And I think he deserves more than he gets." I say on his lips, pecking in between some words, never getting enough of him. 

  "I like you so much." I smile up at him. "Really?" He asks. I nod. "But not as much as I like my motorcycle." I joke. Daryl frowns. "Kidding babe." I lean up and catch his lips. He laughs sarcastically and I just smile back.

  "You're so perfect." He smiles. I blush and shake my head. "You are. To me." He whispers and I blush. "Whatever Daryl." I giggle lightly. "What time is it?" I ask looking up threw the tent seeing a sunrise. "I don't know maybe.. 5?" He responds looking up. 

  "You know what.. Hunting sounds fun right now. Maybe we should go out for a little fool around." I smirk. His eyes widen and he laughs nervously. "I'm just joking Daryl. Calm down. Let me go change and get my bow." I laugh sliding out from under him and getting up. 

  I walk to the house and slip in threw the door. I peek my head in the kitchen and see Hershel. I jump back. "Bailey. I saw you. Come here." I walk in shyly and sheepishly smile. "Where were you?" He asks. "Daryl's tent. We were talking." I shrug. 

  "Alright." He frowns. I turn around and run upstairs silently. I go into my room and get my brown leather jacket out and my combat boots and put them on my bed. I get my black leggings and a band tank top. I walk into the bathroom and change into the leggings and tank top.

  I walk out of the bathroom and sit down on the bed and pull on my boots. I stand up and strap my revolvers in their holsters onto my thighs. I wrap a belt around my waist to place my hunting knife on it and it was also used to hold squirrels if I was carrying a deer or a turkey. 

  I throw on my jacket and hide my throwing knives into the inside flap. I throw my hair up into a messy bun and pin the little hairs on the back of my neck up with bobby pins.

  I grab my bow and walk out of the room quietly making my way down stairs. I pass the kitchen again, Hershel was still sitting there sipping coffee. 

  "Hunting?" He questions. To which I just merely nod. I walk out of the house letting the door slam. I hear Hershel grunt. I laugh while walking to Daryl's tent. He was waiting outside of the tent smoking a cigarette. "Have another?" I ask walking up to him. 

  "For you? No. It's a bad habit. It could kill you." He frowns. "Daryl. I only do on occasion. Give me one." I hold my hand out for one. He sighs and hands me one. I smile. I put it up to my mouth as Daryl lights it. I inhale it and close my eyes. 

  "Thanks. Now lets go." I say finishing it and putting it out. I walk towards the woods, not waiting for Daryl. I jog to a special place near a small pond and hide behind some bushes. I peer over to a few deer drinking water. 

  I smirked, knowing this was a hot spot for animals. I stand slowly and notch an arrow into place. I pull back with no effort. I breath out and release. Hitting a medium sized doe. It drops dead.

  I quickly notch a new arrow and pull the string back and aiming ahead of another doe. I release at the right time and it misses my target by an inch. It would die of blood loss in a few minutes. 

  I jog silently to the dead doe and rip my arrow out of it. I squat and close its eyes, saying a soft prayer.  I hear bushes rustle and turn quickly with my bow drawn. Daryl appears pointing his crossbow at me. I smile and put my bow down. 

  "Damn girl. Already got game and we haven't even been out here for ten minutes." He stares at the doe. "I don't fuck around. This isn't it either." I smirk. "What do you mean?" He grunts. "Hold on." I say hiding the doe under a fallen tree and a bunch of sticks.

   "Come on." I say tracking the bloody trail. In a clearing, a shaking doe with an arrow in its side is laying there. Suffering. I frown. I walk over and it flinches away from me. I gently pet its head and it droops letting me in. I take out my knife and say the soft prayer I said earlier but adding extra to it. 

  I slide my knife in its head and close its eyes. I take the knife and arrow out, putting them into their places. I stand up and throw the doe over my shoulder. Daryl looks surprised as I walk past him. I walk to the other doe and ask Daryl to remove all the sticks and the tree from above it. 

  "Okay. You start collecting squirrels, while I carry these." I say. I grab the does hind legs and drag it behind me. "What the hell woman? You think you're superwoman or something?" Daryl grunts, trying to take a doe from me. 

  "Something like that." I smirk speeding up. "Daryl. Third tree to your right. A few branches from the one on the top." I whisper. He shoots and retrieves the small animal. "They keep getting smaller." Daryl frowns. I nod. 

  Daryl ended up getting a few more squirrel. I convinced him it was enough for now. We still had these two doe. We made it back to the farm to see everyone up. I smile at Lori and Carol as they walk up to us. "Daryl! Making Bailey carry both of these deer! That's so mean!" Lori scolds. 

  "Don't worry. I carry what I kill."  I smirk. "You got both of those?" Carol asks wide eyed. I nod. "Oh.. So we only have the squirrel?" They frown. "Oh no! This one is y'alls." I say dropping the bigger one in Daryl's arms. 

  "What? But you killed it." Lori points. "Yes. But I want you to have it." I smile. They nod and say thanks. Rick walks up. "Well Daryl see you got a deer! That's great." He smiled. "Well.. I didn't. Bailey did. But she is giving it to us." Daryl says with no emotion.

  "Think of it as a welcoming gift or something." I giggle. Rick says a few things about thanks and stuff. I didn't really pay attention because of the hot redneck walking away. I nod at Rick. I walk to the house and tell Maggie about the doe and asked if she could drain it and skin it. She said yes. 

  I walk into the house and see Harry and Hanna in the kitchen. I smile and walk upstairs. I see Benny still sleeping and cuddling with Killer. I smile and walk over to my closet.

  I pull out some jean shorts and a tank top that has a skull cutout on the back. I move over to my dresser and get out a lacy neon pink bra and matching underwear. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower. 

  I undress and get in. After cleaning myself, I get out and dry off. I put my undergarments on and pull my shorts up with a little trouble. They wouldn't go over my butt. I sighed and jumped up and down. I finally got them on and buttoned them. I put my tank top on and blow dry my hair and brush it. 

  I walk out and see Benny sitting up. I smile and sit beside him. "Hey buddy." I rub his head. He smiles and hugs me. "Hey go into the bathroom and take a quick shower. I'll get you some clothes. A towel should be in there." I say. He walks into the bathroom and I get his backpack.  

  I pull out some basketball shorts and a plain shirt. I get some underwear and socks and place them in the bathroom. I place his shoes by the door and tell him I will be outside. I shut the door and walk down stairs. I walk outside and sit on the porch steps. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DIXON KISSES

✌Peace Out Boo's✌

Bailey

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.1K 33
"Because I needed to put them out of their misery," you respond. His intense, bright, blue eyes. His sleek, long, brown hair. His smile that's hard t...
859 38 37
Story starts right after the incident at Hershel's barn but does not follow the story line of the show after that. The main character is a young wom...
472 3 42
"Or what?" Dwight asks me with a grin. "You give it to me now or I'm going to skin you alive, make a rug out of you and gift your sorry ass to Negan...
6.8K 136 50
after a fight one night your life fall apart, he said you weren't good enough. Year after that night you were watching the news and the shit was hit...