The End of the Road

By EstrelMb25

Sophie Foster is tired of fighting. Tired of losing. Tired of trying. omg I hate these just read the book ple... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twelve

614 7 3
By EstrelMb25

Dreams never came to me very often. Mostly I had nightmares, especially since the Neverseen. I've thought about nightmares a lot. I've found the worst thing about them isn't waking up drenched in cold sweat, waking up everyone at three in the morning or even when I see the faces of my friends being killed and tortured by the Neverseen, the worst part is realizing my mind created it.

My mind creates a twisted, horrible scenario and chooses to play it for me while I try to sleep. The body can be cruel like that that.

And that's exactly what happened tonight, just like any other.

I woke up, screaming. I throw back the covers and sit up. Where am I? What happened?

I look around and notice I've moved from the floor to the bed. Keefe is smushed up against the couch, looking very uncomfortable.

I get up from the bed and check the time on the alarm clock set next to Keefe's bed on a nightstand.

5:47am.

I sigh and use my telekinesis to move Keefe on the bed. I pull the covers on him and go over to the bookshelf. I pick out The Hunger Games and go back to my spot on the floor, deciding I would read until the sun was completely up and then I would make breakfast for me and Keefe.

I read a few chapters a check out the window, making sure it wasn't too early before I got up to look for ingredients. He had all the basics, so I had a lot of options of things to make but settled for some blueberry muffins and eggs.

I tied my hardest to be quiet but gave up when the time hit seven thirty. He seemed to be a deep sleeper anyway.

I finished up the eggs just as the timer went off for the muffins, startling Keefe awake.

"Foster? What's that smell?" I smiled. He seemed to be getting used to not talking, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it when he does incase that would make him uncomfortable.

"Breakfast. Now get up and come eat before it gets cold."

Keefe hopped out of bed and stretched. His hair was spiking out everywhere, somehow managing to look good.

"When did I get in the bed?" He asked.

"Oh, I put you in since I got up early. That couch looked really uncomfortable for you."

He nodded and smiled as I gave him his plate and silverware.

"Thanks, you didn't have to do this."

"It was no problem." We sat down at the wooden table.

"So...are you talking again or..." I don't want to make him remember he didn't want to be talking but I also didn't want to take advantage of his sleepiness.

"For now... nothing has happened so for when I talk to other people so I think I'm okay."

I nodded a started to eat my food.

"So, what's your plan?" I look at him with a questioning look, wondering what he meant.

"I mean, the council's basically after you so... what are you going to do?"

"Well, I need to find somewhere to hide, then I think I'll just hide there the rest of my life." I joked halfheartedly, but he didn't laugh.

"Find somewhere? I thought you would stay here."

"Oh, well... I just thought since you ran away from me and told me to stay away from you, you wouldn't have wanted me near you, Much less living with you." I realized how harsh that sounded and grimaced. "Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"No, you're right, I shouldn't have pushed you away. But we're both hiding now. I mean I'm hiding from the Neverseen and you're hiding from the black swan and council, so that's kind of ironic but my point is, we're both hiding, might as well do it together." He paused and then his eyes widened.

"Unless, you don't want to of course, I don't want to try and force you to stay-" I laughed, interrupting him.

"I would love to hide with you, Keefe." We grin at each other and eat our meals, making small talk.

"So Biana and Dex, huh? I didn't see that one coming." I scrunched up my nose at their names, which confused him.

"Why did you that? What happened?"

"They've...changed since you left. May I?" I reached my hand to his temple after he nodded and sent a few memories to him.

Some of Dex drifting from the group, some of Biana going back to her toxic friends, some of both of them making fun of me. Just the basics. Keefe's face dropped more and more as I showed him.

"I guess a lot has changed since I left."

"You could definitely say that." I snorted.

"Well, since we decided you'll be staying here, we should get you settled in. Buy some clothes, get the necessities, and enroll you in school- "

"Uh uh, I went though high school already, I'm not going back there."

"Why not? It'll be fun, besides you'll attract more attention if you don't go."

"Then I'll just stay in here or something and lay low until people forget about me."

"The high school isn't that bad, besides, we're elves so we barely have to anything. And the kids here are... fine."

"There only "fine" because you're... you."

Because you're hot and cool so people automatically want to be your girlfriend, boyfriend or friend but I can't tell you that or your ego will skyrocket.

"We'll be in the same grade so we can be in classes together. It'll be fun!" That's what they all say.

I sighed, as we both finished up our meals. "Fine, but I have no problem being a high school drop out."

"Great! The first thing we need for you is a fake name, we can't have the famous name "Sophie Foster" floating around in the records for the council to find."

"What's your fake name?"

"Keith Orman."

I thought about it for a second. It doesn't really matter what my first name is so maybe something random.

"I'm not sure about the first name but I can keep Foster for my last name since its pretty popular, that way you can still call me Foster."

"Hmm... how about Athena?" Keefe suggested.

"Okay. It doesn't really matter since your the only one I know and you call me Foster so..." I shrug and got up, washed off my and Keefe's plate and left them in sink since the dishwasher was already running.

"We have time though since school doesn't start for another week, so how about today we go shopping for you. I stole a bunch of human money from Dex so I think we're good for now." Keefe says, pointing at the drawer in his nightstand where all the money probably was.

"Sound good to me, we should get some more food while we're out though."

"Okay, I'll get some clothes for you and me and then we can head out."

Keefe walked over to the closet and picked out some casual clothes for me and him. He got jeans and a sweatshirt for himself and threw me a pair of sweat pants and a orange sweatshirt .

"I'll just wear my leggings from the foxfire uniform and the sweatshirt." I say, grabbing them from the laundry hamper.

Keefe threw me the sweatshirt and went to get ready in the bathroom.

A minute later, he came out in his new clothes and his usual styled hair. I switch with him and put on my clothes, quickly brushing out my hair and left.

"Ugh, I don't have a tooth brush!" I whined.

"Oh there's an extra in the right cabinet with some tooth paste."

"Oh good, you a life saver." I quickly go back in the bathroom and brushed my teeth.

When I came out, Keefe had a backpack on and was putting cash in it.

"Ready to go?" He asked, slinging the backpack on one shoulder.

"Yup! Let's go!"

(I am on a roll with these updates!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 63 30
What if someone close to Sophie died? What if she couldn't get over it and became violent? What if Sophie made a mistake that she couldn't undo? What...
456 44 13
The Neverseen have kidnapped Foster and somehow the successfully broke through her mental blockade. They erased her memories and sent her back to the...
54.4K 716 19
This story takes place after Sophie has defeated the Neverseen and before the elite levels. They have also never met Lihn and Tam. Sophie has defeat...
1.8K 48 29
When Sophie Foster is Lost and Alone, In a place with no way out, a place where she has no friends or allies, can she escape? who will find her first...