The Bride of The Underworld [...

By LettuceBae

"You're insufferable," You sneer at her. "Why are you so hostile?" She replied smugly. "Come on now, you're... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Not a chap but......
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 82

1.9K 127 31
By LettuceBae

"Now Hwang Y/N, are you interested in having me as a guardian and source of power?"

You stare at the demon before you in shock, "Why are you asking me this?" The serpent hissed softly as it locked eyes with you, "The old gods are dead, and I have my days numbered while I stay here for more than a millennium." You place your hands on your hips as you shift your weight on the other feet. "And what does it have to do with me?"

"You were brought here by another celestial being, and made you lose that arm." You tilt your head as you look at the tendril that's snugly wrapped around your arm, "You want to know why?"

Its tail pointed at the resting tendrils behind your back, "Because that thing, sees everything."

"And it's about time we do something about those angels who dared to touch your family."

You pondered for a moment, your hands rest against your hips as you shift your weight to your other foot. "And if I allow you to my source of power?" The Neolithic demon grinned widely as it rests its head against the water. "What would happen to me if I let you?"

"Well little one, my abilities would be passed on to you, " Neosirth leaned close, "And I will be tied to you as you use my abilities at your disposal and I will become your guardian."

"And if I don't?"

"The answer is clear," The demon replies, "I will rot to nothingness."

You paused as you weigh your choices, part of you wanted to take it all-too-willingly for the sake of helping Irene to keep your family and loved ones safe, and part of you is suspicious on what else this serpent has in store of its offer, tendrils from your spine pulsed calmly as the points turn to your direction, as if waiting for a reply as the other one that is wrapped around your bicep pulsed in harmony with the ones at your back.

You huff in revelation as you plant your foot against the wet ground and locked eyes with the gargantuan serpent, "Can I trust you?"

The demon merely chuckled, "We were once the most trusted beings, little one. Have a little faith in me."

Gulping down hard, you raise your open palm at the demon, "Then I accept your offer." The serpent grinned widely, showing its vicious large sharp teeth as its body circled you as if caging you from escaping such a deal.

"Are you sure with your choices, mortal?" It asks again as it looms above you. "If I die, you'll die too and vice-versa."

"I.." You paused before inhaling sharply, "I'm confident with my choice."

The posture of the demon became poised as it straightens its back, "Very well," Neosirth leaned its snout close to your front as your intact hand touches the dry scales. The serpent's form began to turn to crimson liquid red, like blood as it wraps around your still-intact hand before traveling all over your body, its tendrils coiled tightly around you before piercing the skin, making you reel in pain and shock as your body felt like it was ignited with flames, you let out a pained yelp as the tendril that's coiled on your severed arm singed the flesh.

The excruciating pain brought you down to your knees, the water splash and slosh around you, rendering its cool useless as it did nothing to soothe your burning body.

Deafening screams and splashes of water echoed in the empty area as you felt fire run through your veins as red crystals form on your severed arm expanding until it looks like an arm posterior, the muscle fibers twitching with every move you make as your groans become muffled, a silver mask shields your eyesight as the burning sensation became a blur, your body no longer tensing, pulse calming down, breath evening as you regain your bearings. You stare at your reflection, mouth agape as your face is covered by an eyeless metallic mask, but despite that, you can still see yourself.

You noticed that you no longer wear outdoor clothing, but a black robe exposing your alabaster skin, the cold metal tendrils wrapped around your neck, your eyes widen as shock settles in. In between your neck as a long cut traveling down your chest, your former severed hand now intact, revealing gray tendrils that looked similar to your veins.

(This is what I had in mind for your form, except the color of your hair stays black, but it depends on you.)

You stare at your reflection again before looking up to see the moon turned black as its edges became crimson red, you jolt as you hear dark Gregorian chant echoing, Neosirth hissed, you turn to see the demon now looking like a normal snake, except it looked frail, the scales now falling off as it slithers towards you and stopped when it's only a meter away from you and bowed.

"All hail, Ovarielle, the harbinger of judgment."

The water rumbled to reveal a black bladed rapier, its blade glinted solemnly against the glow of the crimson moon. You stare at it with awe as your hands reach out for it.

Black glacier immediately glazes the handle as you held the rapier. Neosirth raises its head again, "By my promise, you shall take over with my abilities."

You turn to the former demon, "And what about you?"

"Solitude is something I enjoy, Ovarielle." It replies as its skin began to turn to stone, "I shall join you once we return to the mortal realm."

You called out for the serpent, yet your calls are silenced as the water swallows your form.
_____________________

You gasped as you arose from the dark loam, you immediately turned to your former severed hand, heart-swelling in exultation as it's now intact, revealing the Persephone ring that Irene gave you...Right...

You stand up and dusted the soil off from your attire, ooh, and you're still wearing the same robe, you look at the long cut traveling down your chest. You crane your neck to examine your surroundings, the cold tendrils stinging your neck as you move. Sighing in annoyance as you realized you're still at the same place where you almost died, you turn and almost stumbled as your hands immediately grasp the pommel of the rapier that's sticking out of the ground. You take the weapon examining it as you ignore the fact that it feels awkward against your hold.

"I might ask Irene for help on this one, " You mumbled, "That is if I manage to get the hell out of here."

The blade stared back at you mischievously as an idea pops into your mind, "Now about these abilities."

With a smirk, you take the blade with you as you walk towards the dense forest, "It's about time I get revenge on that ugly-ass snake for biting my arm off."

The red centerpiece of the sword glowed and pulsed as you raise it, and take an experimental slash against the poor tree, the bark cutting in half as it starts to either and decay, black dust oozed from your arms as you unintentionally materialized Irene, Jiah, and Jiwoo. You sighed as you look at the humanoid black dust, "Don't fret, I will come back to you, I promise."

The dust then falls onto the marsh soil as you walk past them, ears straining to hear any clues of the creature's whereabouts, your robe flowing with every movement, your mask providing you with protection from the harsh winds as you walk deeper into the forest.

And just then before you know it, you hear multiple hisses and stomps, your eyes lit up in carnal delight as you spot a familiar shadow, your back pulsed as red-scaled tendrils protrude from your skin, curling as it sensed a threatening presence. The multi-headed snake whirls its head to face you, grinning widely as it had found its prey.

With animalistic instinct, all six heads charged towards you as you dodged the nearest snakehead and raised your rapier, and brought it down with full force, the head lands on the ground with a soft thud as its body began to decay, the other heads hissed and snarl as the decapitated body raises.

"Idiot, once you cut its head another one will take its place." Another voice interrupts inside your head, "Neosirth?"

"Correct, now about the hydra-"

The multi-headed snake immediately lunged towards you again, snapping its jaw as red tendrils block off the head, you heard soft whines and a loud thud as black tendrils protrude from its ugly scales, your tendrils spread out to reveal the hydra now helplessly laid on the ground, you feel poison run through its body, decapitated head no longer regenerating as it's body began to decay.

You felt something slither on top of your shoulder, "I did not expect that, that thing usually regenerates at an unholy fast rate."

"Shame," Your voice became steely, "I expected more from an animal that bit my arm off."

"Now, now," Neosirth warned, "Calm down before you do something ugly."

You inhaled sharply as the tendrils began to dissipate, your rapier no longer pulsing as it sensed its owner is now at rest, before turning to black liquid and slithering on your arm, turning into nothing. "How do I get out of here?"

The snake lay its body at rest on your shoulder, "Use the black dust and materialize a pathway to the mortal realm."

"And if it doesn't work?"

"It should."

You rub your temple and sighed, "Alright," You take a deep breath as you feel your body pulsating, black sand oozed from your body as you picture the mortal realm. Lush forest, rich green leaves, fresh air, running river, your shared car, their laughter...

Neosirth straightens its posture, the pathway widening to reveal the colorful surrounding forest. Sighing in relief as you smell the earthy scent of your home realm, you felt your feet get soaked as you let out a lively chuckle, "Finally!"

"V-vixen?"

You froze as you hear a familiar voice, your hand palms the mask, the material clicks as you take it off from your face. You give them a soft smile as three figures stand with their jaws slacked, Irene's eyes faltered as she eyes your figure from head to toe, the twins, Jiah and Jiwoo looked at you with wide eyes with their mouths agape.

"Mom?!"

"Hello, everyone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 743 32
Irene, a brilliant and demure girl, was tied into a lifetime sorrow and pain with two extremely agreements. Some people are meant to fall in love wit...
22.7K 546 25
"Alexandre, why are you making go through this? When you clearly know what you asked of that day was and still is impossible for me to do" "Who said...
35.9K 1.3K 24
Second book of Seulrene Preview story is available at Seulrene one-shot collection so check it out to find out what will happen Please upvote and sha...
355K 13.1K 75
This story is a special one. 22-year old Y/N (your name) finds herself thinking often about a bigger purpose. She takes the chance when an offer by h...