Different Types of Me

By CandyLove18

"Say I'm a loser? Who's laughing now? Think I'm a loner? Look around me. Think I'm the victim? Just wait, I'l... More

Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 04

932 25 4
By CandyLove18

    Thursday

    A week later

    Lunch @ Northern Light High School

    "See you around," I said to Cherise before she left our homeroom.

    Cherise was nice and everything but we just weren't getting along like friends. She kept to herself and didn't really talk to anyone unless she had to ask them a question or answer a question. Other than that, she's almost dead silent. This is just great. My only attempt to make friends is an epic fail.

     I gathered all my things and stuffed them in my backpack. I slung one of the straps over my shoulder and left my homeroom. I hoped to bump into Xander, however, I never did. I made my way to the cafeteria and got in line. I pulled my backpack out in front of me and opened it, searching for my wallet. I had crammed my whole head in my backpack but there was no luck. My wallet wasn't there; I left it at home. Hungry and disappointed, I got out of line and sat at an unoccupied table for two. I set my backpack on the table and did my homework instead, making use of my time. I was writing some information about my Mesopotamian project; which was about their innovations, when someone blocked my light. I looked up from my book and there he was, Xander Anderson, holding his tray of food. He had two slices of pizza and a Coke. I stared at the food, wishing I had them. I was about to greet him hello when my stomach grumbled loudly. I wrapped my arms around my stomach and looked away from Xander. I felt myself give a small blush.

    "Could I sit here?" Xander asked. I gave him a nod and he sat opposite of me.  I looked at him as he bit his pepperoni pizza. "What are you doing?"

    "I'm working on my project." I replied, turning away from the sight of the food.

    "I could see that, but aren't you going to eat?"

    "I planned to, but, you see…I can't"

    "Why not?"

    "I don't have my wallet with me." I took back my pencil in hand and started writing, semi-ignoring Xander and his tasty tray of delicious smelling food.

    "Oh," I only looked up at him and went back to work. "Want a bite?" He held out the paper plate with the pizza. I shifted my gaze from the pizza to Xander for a while.

    "No thanks," I declined. I gently pushed the plate away from me with one hand while the other hand was randomly writing on my paper. “it was nice for you to offer, though." I pushed my black framed glasses up and got my bangs off the front of my face.

    "Take it, Venus," I stared at him from my glasses. He was waving the plate in front of me. The aroma of the pizza filled my nostrils. "you know you want some." Xander teased, continuously waving the plate.

    Hesitantly, I grabbed the plate from his hand and set it in front of me. I picked up the slice of Hawaiian pizza and paused when I placed it in front of my mouth. I glanced back at Xander, giving him a look that was asking if it was fine. He returned a small grin. I took a small bite of the pizza. I could've shoved the whole slice in my mouth but I couldn't.  I was in public , right in front of the hottest guy ever and my project. I took small bites after small bites, trying not to get sauce on my face and look like a fool. I had eaten half of the pizza slice when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Xander staring at me with a huge smile on his face.

    "What?" I asked, placing the pizza back on the paper plate.

    "Nothing."

    "No, really, what is it? Do I have something on my face?" I grabbed a napkin and started wiping my mouth. I looked at the napkin; no sauce. I put the napkin down and pulled my backpack closer, looking for my compact mirror. As I was about to take it out, Xander grabbed my arm, gesturing for me to put it down. I did so.

    "There's nothing wrong," Xander said.

    "Then…Why were you staring at me like that?"

    "Because…"

    "Because?"

    "You're fascinating."

    "Fascinating? How am I fascinating?"

    "Just forget it."

    "No, I want to know why."

    "No."

    "Tell me."

    "No."

    "Tell me."

    "No."

    "Please, please, please tell me!"

    Xander let out a small chuckle. "I told you, no." He had a huge grin on his face. He picked up his can of Coke and drank. I observed him drinking, mainly focusing on his full lips. "See something you like?" I snapped back and quickly looked away, hiding my face as I felt myself blush.

    "Xander, over here!" We both turned and saw one of his other jock friends waving him over to their table. Xander turned to me and was about to speak, but I cut him off.

    "Go,"

    "You sure?"

    "Yeah and I promise to pay you back for the pizza."

    "No need to pay me back. I'll see you around." He got up from his seat and turned to his friends.

    "Thank you." I blurted out after he took a couple of steps. He stopped in his tracks and turned to me. He gave me a salute again with his two fingers; middle and index. I guess that was his "signature move". I watched him as he took a seat beside his friends and they started laughing. I turned away and continued my work but before I did, I noticed Ariel Hall giving me a weird - and scary - look. I ignored her and moved on.

    I shifted in my seat and felt something on my back pocket. It was my wallet. Great, why couldn't you show up earlier?! I could've bought my own lunch and avoided being thought of poor. But, since I couldn't find it, I got to spend time with Xander.

    3:11 @ Home

    I tip-toed across the living room sneakily, hoping my mom wouldn't notice me. I hope she doesn't like always. My mom was sitting on our dark brown leather couch watching television. I tried to avoid being seen by her. I took not even two steps up the stairs when my mom called me.

    "Where have you been young lady?" Tsh, now she was so interested in me?

    "School." I replied. I took another step and was stopped.

    "Other than school. If oyu came from school you would've been back before three," I opened my mouth to speak but was cut off. "and if you missed the bus, you would've arrived later." Oh great, I'm out of excuses.

    "I.."

    "Venus."

    "Okay, I went to the convenience store. You know the one that sells bubble tea? Yeah, I bought one and it was so g-"

    "Alright, go do your homework." Mom cut me off. Gosh, wouldn't even let me finish talking.

     I walked up the stairs and locked myself in my room. I took out my iPod from my bedside table and placed my earphones on. I turned the volume up so I wasn't able to hear anything. I sat at my work table and took out the stack of homework I had and started working on them. I spent hours just doing homework. I replayed the song "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga in my iPod. I sang along with it most of the time. There was a loud bang on my door, causing me to jump. I turned around to see that Kent had barged in my room.

    "You idiot! Don't you know how to knock?!" I snapped.

    "I guess not. Mom called your name like, four times. She sent me to get you. Dinner's ready." Kent stomped off my room.

    I left my work messed up and cluttered. I walked to the dining room. They were all already seated and eating. I took my seat and put some of Mom's homemade luncheon meat on my plate. I started eating. The room was silent; no one bothered to talk.

    "What were you doing?" Mom asked me.

    "Homework."

    "Then why didn't you hear me shouting your name?"

    "I was listening to music."

    Mom let out a sigh. "Next time, leave one off." She said, sounding annoyed.

    That was the only talking at dinner. I had to wash the plates while they slacked off. Why doesn't she make Kent do it? He never does anything around the house. I stomped back up the stairs and to my room. I had done my homework that were needed  to be done. I took a shower, got dressed and went to bed while watching "That 70's Show" on my TV.

Friday

6:00 AM @ Home

    I hit the snooze on my alarm clock; harder than needed, nor intended. I lazily got up and got dressed with my regular clothes. I brushed my teeth and hair, also washing my face. I looked at myself in the mirror after getting dressed. I went back to my closet and started picking out better clothes, thinking the ones I was wearing was old and not attractive. I had clustered my closet when I picked the top wo outfits I thoguth would look good on me. I held each outfit in front of me, switching back and forth, trying to decide what to wear. One outfit - let's call it the glamour style - so, the glamour style was a pair of dark washed skinny jeans, a shiny dark violet top, heels, and bangles. The "cute" outfit, let's say, was a blue fly away cotton floral dress, a heart locket, a few thin silver bracelets and wedges. It might be weird to wear a dress in late November but today, it was oddly warm.

    "Come in!" I shouted when a there was a knock on my door, not turning my head away from the mirror at all.

    "Ven, breakfast's ready - What are you doing?" It was Kent. Ugh, please don't ruin my morning now.

    "Which do you think is better?" I turned to his direction and held both of the outfits out.

    "I like the dress. Now, come downstairs. Let's eat."

    "What are we having?" I set down the glamour styled outfit on my bed and took the blue floral dress off its hanger.

    "Fried eggs and bacon. Come on! Get downstairs."

    "Wait, let me get chenged quickly then I'll go downstairs."

    "Why are you dressing up anyways?"

    "What do you mean "dressing up"?"

    "Usually, you just put on a t-shirt and jeans then you're done. Now, you're dressing up all..nice. What's up?"

    "Nothing's up," I lied. Really there was something up. "I just feel like it."

    "Okay," I could tell that he was still suspicious. "Hurry up then, get dressed." Kent left the room and I quickly changed.

    I went down to the dining area where Kent was already eating and started eating myself. My mom gave me a compliment on how pretty I looked. Of course for Mom, she just had to bring up a bunch of questions.

    "So, who are you trying to impress?" Mom asked. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kent pause with his mouth wide open and holding up a spoonful of food.

    "I'm not trying to impress anybody Mom." I held the spoon up in front of my mouth and ate the spoonful of rice and eggs.

    "Oh really?"

    "Yes, really Mom." I drank the whole cup of milk and wiped of my milk moustache.

    "I don't believe you." Ugh! Why is my mom so suspicious?!

    "Mom, if you don't believe me, that's not my problem."

    "Alrighty then. You kids better hurry up or you'll miss your bus."

    Kent hurriedly ate the remaining food on his plate. We grabbed all our things, including my light blue sweater, and headed out, waiting at the bus stop. The bus came along not long after we got there. We got on and arrived at the bus stop nearest to the school in minutes. That's when Kent and I separate. He would walk ahead and meet up with his football friends at the parking lot, while I walk straight ahead to my locker.

    I placed all the textbooks that weren't currently needed in my locker and grabbed the ones that I did need. I checked my appearance with the mirror I had placed in my locker door. My caramel brown hair was still how it was this morning when I left the house, down and wavy. I slung my backpack's strap over my left shoulder and closed my locker. I turned to my right and saw Xander leaning on the lockers beside me. How long had he been there? He was wearing a ligth blue pull over hoodie, faded blue jeans and his usual Nike shoes.

    "Hey." He greeted me along with his perfect brilliant smile.

    "Hi." I greeted back.

    He stood up straight and took a step forward, closing the small space between us. I could smell his cologne. It smelled fresh and minty, my favourite scent. He leaned in closer and closer to my face; so close that I could feel his breath on my skin. Our faces were now only a centimeter apart. I watched his lips slowly open. I remained still and closed my eyes. What's he doing?!

Author: This has got to be the longest chapter I ever wrote!! I hope you loved it!! At least liked!! What do you think Xander's going to do!?!?!? OhMyGosh!! Please Vote, Comment, Like, Fan, Whatever just make me feel better!!

Continue Reading