Chapter 02

Saturday

    I felt the sun's heat against my face. I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I glanced over at my clock. It was 8:50 AM. 8:50? You have got to be kidding me. I wanted to go back to sleep but the heat that radiated from the sun kept me awake. Semi-concious, I got off my bed and walked in the bathroom. I got myself cleaned up and tried to get as awake as I could at the moment. The cold water made me shiver ever so slightly as it splashed onto my face.

    Still half asleep, I made my way to the stairs and headed for the living room. I was stopped right at the top of the staircase. From there, you could see that it was in a total mess. Pizza boxes were everywhere, Coke cans were here and there, and a bunch of other junk that came from who knows where. I silently walked back up the stairs and to my parents' room. I slightly opened the door to see the both of them still sleeping. I tip-toed to Kent's room and opened the door. I let myself in and approached the sleeping Kent, who was still wearing clothes from his party. I started tapping his shoulder and whispering his name.

    "Kent!" I silently hissed. This was the fifth time I called him. Instead of tapping, I slapped his right shoulder.

    He awoke and shifted in his messy blue bed. "What are you doing? Is it even noon yet?" He asked drowsily.

    "No," He slammed his face back on his pillow. "but didn't Dad tell you to clean the living room and that it should be spotless before he wakes up." That snapped him concious.

    "Ugh! Sh-t.." He got up and ran past me to the stairs. Down the hallway, he tripped once over nothing and almost rolled down the stairs. What did he have last night?

    I walked down the staircase to find Kent hurriedly dumping trash into a black garbage bag. I just stood at the bottom of the staircase, leaning against the newel post. Kent stopped and looked at me.

    "Aren't you going to help me?" Kent asked.

    "Nah.." I replied. I smirk appeared on my face.

    "Come on, please." He shoved two pizza boxes into the garbage bag. "I'll pay you back. Money, chores, homework..Anything!"

    "Ha! Like I would ever ask you to do my homework." I scoffed.

    "Just help me!!" He yelled. I didn't move. "Please!"

    "Promise to do what ever I tell you for the week." That was the only I was going to help him.

    "What!? For a week!? No way!"

    "Alright," I took a few steps up the stairs. "Oh! What's that I hear? Is dad awake? Already?" I acted as if I was shocked.

    "Alright, deal!" He hissed. I smirked and helped him clean up.

    Man, this place is a total pigstein. I started cleaning the living room, too.

    "I'm finished!" I shouted in relief.

"Even the kitchen?"

    I groaned in agony. I walked over to the kitchen. Kent handed me a new garbage bag when I passed him. I found that the junk in here was slightly more disgusting than the junk I cleaned up in the living room. Grossed, I walked over to the china drawers looked through them. I finally found the one that had gloves. I took a pair and started cleaning, again. Kent joined me, not long after.

    After half and hour or so of picking up disgusting garbage, we were done cleaning and was completely exhausted. We sat down on the couch in unison and turned on the flat screen TV. It wasn't even ten minutes later when Mom and Dad came downstairs. Dad didn't mention anything about the mess, so I guess we were good. Dad sat on his dark brown recliner chair and watched with us.