His Beauty & Her Beast

By CrimsonKnight-

Legend says a beast like no other was sent from the depths of the underworld to conquer and destroy all life... More

Intro
Character Info
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Authors Note

Chapter 1

17.2K 302 38
By CrimsonKnight-

Once upon a time, a terrible war broke out over 200 years ago. The ancient kingdoms of the Werewolves, Witches, Vampires, Mermaids, Elves, Fairies and other magical creatures caused chaos and destruction because of selfishness, greed, and power. Millions of lives were lost. Until one day a creature, no other rose from the depths of the world's darkest corners. He was a beast that saw our chaos and destruction and used it for his advantage... he was feared throughout the lands and vanquished all who stood in his way.

The kingdoms from absolute destruction and bloodshed saw a truce and formed an alliance to bring peace to the lands with the beast... In exchange, the beast relished in their suffering as he would become king of all creatures. No one was powerful enough to stop him. The only weakness he has was from a stone forged by the gods to kill the beast but even so, the beast destroyed the stone and any traces of it leaving no way for anyone to stand in his way.... Or so it was told...

Nearly 300 years have passed since ancient rulers and knowledge were lost, and a peaceful, less violent world has formed in which magical creatures lived in harmony. The three ruling species stood dominant against others which were the vampires, witches, and werewolf kingdoms. If you're wondering what about humans? humans were seen as weak as they did not possess any magical abilities. We were at the bottom of the food chain...

To understand my story, I must start from the very beginning.

I live in a small district, we have 3 human 'towns' so to say, not too far from the vampire kingdom. Our human town survived together by trading goods and helping as much as we can since many of us are very poor, we keep whatever gold or silver for emergencies. We make do with what we have. Theirs's many human districts but to travel safely we must go through the vampire kingdom and only the wealthy can afford to go. Although there is another route that even magical creatures would not dare to enter that was the dark forest where is said the beast's castle lies deep within. Those who enter never come out.

Now, where was I... oh right, my name is Elaine Kendrick I'm 26 years old, and I have blond hair and blue eyes. When I was young, I grew up in an orphanage until I came of age, I was able to save some money I made from helping Moddy in a nearby bakery. If you're wondering what happened to my family... well, I wish I had the answers myself all I know is I was left in front of the orphanage when I was a baby with a note of my name and a necklace that I have worn every day since.

"Good morning, Ms. Elaine how are you today," Ben the newspaper deliverer said as I locked the door to my home. "Hello, Ben I'm doing lovely today. How's your mother doing?" I ask curiously, recently his mother hasn't been feeling well so I stop by every now and then to help. "She's doing better thanks to you" he blushes as he smiles gently. "That's good to hear, I'll pass by later today with some things for her" he thanks me as continues on his way.

After bidding him farewell I walk to the town square and take in a deep breath of air. I'm greeted by many villagers as I smile at them and continue to go about my day. I then see Moddy "Hello dear how are you today," she asks as she ties her apron around her waist. "I'm doing well how's the baby" I smile at her belly. Moddy and her husband are expecting their second child soon. "Well, you know she's gonna come out kicking this one," she said as I smiled gently.

As I go about my day, I pass by Ben's mother Victoria and make her some tea as I help a bit around the house. "Thank you, I don't know how I can repay you," she says as she sips her tea. "It's not a problem, if you ever need anything please let me know"

After sometime later the sun had set, and the night began to fall. Just as I grab my things, I hear Victoria telling her kids about the legends of the beast but changing it a little to have a happy ending. "And they got married and lived happily ever after," she said as the girls giggled. I smiled at the thought of maybe I too can have little ones one day. "Why don't you stay the sun is beginning to set and who knows what creatures might be lurking..." she said slightly referring to the beast. "Don't worry my house is not too far from here I'll be just fine" I wave goodbye and continue to my small home on the edge of our town.

I turn my head to see some werewolves crossing through our town along with a few witches. It's rather common to see magical creatures pass by our town to get to the vampire kingdom. It's also common for a few humans to be treated terribly. "Out of my way you pests," a man said as he smacked the basket of food out of a young woman's hands and continued to step on them. I gasped as I saw him laugh with his friends.

"What are you looking at!" one of them said as they glared right at me. My eyes averted to the young woman... if I don't do something she could get hurt. "You Bitch!" one of the men said as she pushed him out of the way as a little boy came running from behind a tree. My eyes widened No!

"Please don't hurt her" I yelled as I ran in front of her. "Please, she pushed you because she was protecting her child look," I said as he and I turned to see her hugging her child protectively. He glared at me as he grabbed my face roughly "Your kind disgusts me what makes you think I won't kill all three of you?" he said as I felt my heartbeats quicken... "Please spare our lives I beg of you... please spare their lives" I whisper as I look to the floor.

Just as he was about to smack me I immediately roughly flinch waiting for impact but luckily, he gets distracted and instantly throws me to the ground "pathetic" he said as they continued walking towards the kingdom. "T-thank you," she said as I helped her pick up the food basket she had dropped. I gave her an apologetic smile.

5 minutes later

I reach my home as it is now dark out; I take in a deep breath of air. I fill my tub with warm water as I soak my body in my special oat rose and cocoanut blend. After some time, I rinse myself off and go to my room where I wear my cozy nightgown. Just as I go to grab my book to read, I hear a knock at my door... who might that be... as I open my door to see who's outside my eyes widen vampire "w-what do y-you want" I stutter out of fear. His eyes glow a shade of blood-red... "From the palace," he says as he hands me a letter. His eyes grow a deep crimson.

Fear... as I go to step back an owl startles me as I turn my head back to the man he had vanished. I quickly went back to the door locking it behind me as if it would protect me from them. Growing up as a human was difficult, especially as an orphan without any family. Seeing the ones, we love being taken and murdered, seeing people become slaves and forced to turn on one another.

I blink away a tear as I try to think happy thoughts. I then remember the vampire man had given me a letter I instantly notice a royal stamp on it that makes me gulp.

Elaine Kendrick

Age 26

Are hereby invited to the royal masquerade.

All Must Attend

I felt pale at the thought of being surrounded by those things and don't get me wrong I will be kind to all creatures and not all creatures are bad but there will be those few who won't hesitate then to hurt me. I turn the card to see the date along when I will be picked up.

I realize how late it is and I let out a long yawn... I should get some sleep I say to myself as I place the card on my nightstand and curl up under my sheets.

The very next morning I woke to a beautiful ray of sunshine as the birds sang outside my window. I fixed my bed and put on my dress and went straight to work. Sweeping the floors as I hum a sweet song that came to me in a dream. I then washed the floors then went to take care of the laundry. Some don't enjoy housework, but I rather enjoy it as it gives me time to imagine sweet and beautiful things. As I hang the laundry to dry, I hear a bell from a bicycle. "Good morning, Elaine," Ben said as he smiled graciously "why, good morning, Ben," I say as I fold the bedsheets into my basket. "My mother wanted me to give this to you, for helping' so much" he blushed as he handed me a jar of milk, eggs and freshly made cream and butter. I gasp as I look at all the ingredients "This is too much I can't take all of this"

"No, no please you've done so much for my family we insist you take it... also mama said not to come back for supper if you didn't take them," he says shyly as he scratches his head. I let out a small chuckle as his face slightly blushes "tell your mum I said thank you so much" I said with all my heart.

I know I could get eggs and milk at the market if I helped any of the townspeople with any work they needed. But cream and butter I felt myself bubble with excitement. As I put the ingredients in my kitchen I gasped as I see it start to rain "My Laundry!" I let out a huff as I saw some teen witches fly past my house and begin to snicker in satisfaction, using their magic to create water drops to ruin our laundry all the time. I make my way back to my home where I begin to make my favourite strawberry cake, I grow my fruits and vegetables just like many if not all the townspeople.

I hum as I read my book waiting for the cake to be ready. As I finish the final touches of the cake, I then hear a knock at the door as I open the door, I see the same vampire who gave me the letter. His blood-red eyes glared daggers at me "What makes you so special to be invited to the royal banquet?" he says as I freeze as he walks around me in circles eyeing me up and down. "You are just a plain human I don't see what beauty you think you have but it's enough to get recognized. I tell you this how about I kill you and save your miserable soul mercifully" he said as he stretches his sharp nails to my face. I just continue to stare at him unable to move a muscle.

He glares at me as I do nothing. "Pathetic, you won't even fight for your own worthless life. Anyway, a gift from the palace... seems as though someone fancy's you... Couldn't see why though, to be frank. I'm quite surprised the beast himself hasn't eaten you living so close to the dark forest" he said as he passed me a box with a black ribbon and picked his nails as he walked away.

I wait a few moments to make sure he's no longer in sight. I let out a breath as I begin to breathe heavily... my eyes widen as I look at the box in horror...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1K 55
Everyone has heard the story of the Beauty and the Beast. But what happens if the Beast was just a powerful Werewolf male, who is so void of love tha...
2.6K 130 31
"Fuck off!" I yell, storming away. The nerve of that guy. It was a one night stand, I didn't marry him! I grumble as I plop into my car. Why was he...
237K 8.1K 23
This is the first book, there is a sequel which is called The Twin Witches: The New Generation. https://www.wattpad.com/story/65654844-the-twin-witc...
179K 4.7K 40
(COMPLETED) (Highest rank #7) We stared at each other. My palms starts to sweat. My heart was beating fast. Im trembling in a good way. For Pete's sa...