Chapter 9

I spent hours in the library learning so many things about magical creatures "I got you the books you requested" Alice said holding a stack of books "you can just place them over there. Thank you, Alice," I said kindly.

"Your tea my ladyships," Gabriel said causing Alice and I to giggle slightly. "Thank you, guys, for everything," I said as the library fairy brought me more books. After learning that I'm secretly an angel bounded to the soul of a human. I wanted to know as much as I can about myself and other magical creatures.

"Great news the Master has requested to take you to great reef cove all the best stores are there," Alice said pulling a book from my hand. "What's great reef cove?" I questioned as she and Gabriel gasp loudly and dramatically. "Only the best of the best... I forgot you were a mortal up until this morning" she said as I look at her annoyed.

"Will Leonardo be joining us?' I ask.

"He will be but in a different form," Gabriel said as they led me just before the castle doors. "May I ask why Leonardo decided to let me outside, not to be rude, but I was strictly told never to leave the castle grounds," I say as a deep husky voice began to speak behind me causing me to get startled. "I've decided you deserve your freedom after all you are too a part of this world of magic," Leonardo said calmly.

Something about this felt odd.

"O-ok" I stutter as I get into the carriage that would be taking Gabriel, Alice, and I to our destination.

"How exciting I can't wait to show you all my favorite places to shop. Oh, and you'll absolutely love the cove square it's breathtaking." Alice continues to go on and on as Gabriel sat in silence with his arms crossed around his chest.

"We have entered the mermaid kingdom."

As we arrive, I gasp as I take a step only to feel as though I'm walking on air. "Watch your step I forgot to mention will be walking on water from here on out since we are non-merfolk" Alice said as I look down to see people swimming under us along with fishes and sea creatures I've never seen before.

As we walked around, I noticed a few other people glaring at me.

"Why are they looking at me," I ask Alice.

"Well for one your beauty and your white eyes," she said as I immediately look down, I forgot about that.

We then stop to be in the heart of the kingdom we see people dancing and music being played. "Let's go dance," Alice said giggling as she pulled me in everyone was so happy and dancing. Until I bump into someone "may I have this dance" he said as he smiled devilishly. I turn to see Alice is nowhere in sight. "I'm sorry I must look for my friend" before I get the chance to walk away, he grabs my arm roughly pulling me to him. "What I meant to say is you will dance with me," he said smiling after appearing normal to the surrounding crowd.

"You know you are one hard person to find my dear," he said as I continue to struggle out of his grasp. "The king will be very pleased to know I have finally found you for him.... the plan worked perfectly" he smirked my eyes widened as his eyes glow crimson.

"No, let me go!" I yelled as he didn't budge for even a moment. It was as if I was in the arms of a stone. "Alice! Gabr-" before I could finish, he smacks me across my face. I feel my world spinning. "Shut it you wench," he said as he continued to drag me down away from the people. I'm suddenly being dropped to the floor, with absolutely no strength to get myself up, I then hear a loud snap as I notice the man's body fall near me. "it's ok I'm here everything will be ok" Gabriel said as he carried me running to Alice.

"Come on we have to go," he said pulling her away from a dancing crowd. "Hey, wait I need to find... ELAINE!!!" Alice screamed as her eyes begin to tear "W-what happened" she said as she gently touched my face. "Who did this I'll kill them" she aggressively spoke.