VENGEFUL QUEEN • N. MIKAELSON...

By NadaHera

Third Instalment of The Queen Series. Sequel to OVERTHROWN QUEEN. Formerly known as revengeful queen. Natalia... More

CAST
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 20

116 5 0
By NadaHera

• • •

Mikaelson mansion had never been more peaceful. The morning light shone through the window to the sleeping Russian beauty, unaware of her admirer adoring her. 

Natalia unconsciously moved her hand feeling the empty spot beside her, waking her up. 

Slightly blinded by the light, she dazzled her eyes, adjusting as her vision slowly returned to its normal vividness. 

After the morning light from the window, her handsome lover was the first thing she saw. She instantly smiled at the already smiling Nik. "Good morning, love." 

"Good morning, handsome." She exhaled and shifted her naked body under the white sheet into a more comfortable position. 

With a stare full of admiration, he spoke. "What would I give to have this view everyday." 

Natalia raised her eyebrow, half amused, half blushing. "You look so beautiful." 

"And you look so...ready." Only then did she notice Nik's outfit. He was wearing a casual shirt jacket combo with his knee-length jeans, ready to go. "Where are you going?" 

"Where are we going." He corrected. 

"We?" She asked, confused. 

"Yes, love." He pulled out two tickets from his pocket and handed them over to her to see. "We're going to Disneyland." 

"What?"

• • •

The sky was sunny. There was a good amount of people though it wasn’t overcrowded. Overall, it was a good day to visit Disneyland. 

Inside, there was a wide range of visitor categories doing various activities; families: parents accompanying their kids, friends: randomly singing whatever Disney songs/movies came to mind, couples: kissing, taking selfies here and there. Happy and positive vibes filled the air as everyone had at least one Disney merch on them. 

Nik and Natalia were no exception. 

With a Toy Story background, Natalia with her Minnie cap modelled for her photographer partner, Nik. "Cutie!" He complimented, encouraging her. 

She chuckled and approached him with her cute yet wicked smile. Dragging him to her initial position, she took his camera. "Your turn, darling." 

"No, no, no, no, love. I only take your pics, that's it." He shook his head, denying her request. 

"We're at Disneyland! Just shut up and pose! Smile!" 

Nik was about to protest further when Natalia beat him to it. "If you don’t, I'll make you wear another Disney stuff." Nik glanced at his Mickey cap instantly remembered what a great hassle that was and posed at once. 

"What a cutie!" She jokingly mocked him, earning an eye roll from Nik. 

For the last one, she wanted pictures of the both of them. Hence, when a nearby guy walked, Natalia asked him - slightly compelled - to take the pictures for them. Good thing Nik was cooperative and they  produced great pictures. 

Fortunately, Disneyland had a lot of hidden corners and it was an easy pick to have a 'lunch'. 

That was why right now, after an even harder persuasion than the Mickey hat request, Nik and Natalia were sitting on one of the highest roller coasters at the very front of the row. 

While Natalia was grinning ear to ear, Nik was silent, face as white as paper. Both of them could hear his heartbeat was rocketing. "Don't be so nervous, Nik. It’s going to be fun!" 

He cleared his throat and adjusted his sitting position. "Who said I'm nervous, love?" 

"So you're not afraid, right?" 

He scoffed. "Of course not." 

Lia bit her bottom lip, her eyes had nothing but an adoring yet teasing gleam at Nik grinning showing off her teeth. "Okay then, you can't grab the handle at all. What do you say?" 

"Deal." 

The bell rang right on time. The car started slowly until eventually fluctuating rapidly. Moving with a steep incline with every second higher than the last really built up the tension of the passengers, particularly Nik. Natalia didn't know which was louder, the sound of the wind or Nik's heartbeat. 

The moment the cart hit its peak, both vampires' heartbeat stopped. One out of excitement, the other out of fear. Their screams echoed through the wind along with the rest of the passengers. While Natalia had her hands up in the air, Nik instantly had one hand clinging on the handle for dear life and the other grabbing Natalia's left-side waist across her body in a securing way. 

"HELL YEAHHH!!!" 

"BLOODY HELLLLL!!!" 

Natalia's and Nik's scream in the air. 

When the car stopped moving, returned to its original position, Nik wasted no time in getting out of the arena. 

"That was fun!" Natalia grinned. “Oh come on! scaredy cat!” She joked.

Nik was sitting on a bench with no energy left - she was surprised he didn't vomit - just deadpanned stare at her. "Let’s go for another one!" 

"No." 

That was how they spent the next few hours getting from one roller coaster to another, one ride to another, ate some ice cream, bought some more merchandise, watched Disney parades and shows, took lots of pictures until finally the night arrived and they were now waiting at the castle for the fireworks.

They were right at the heart of the crowd in the middle of the bridge with the castle full on display for everyone to see. They had an arm on each other’s lower waist with Natalia's head leaning on Nik’s shoulder. 

While everyone was shouting the countdown, Nik and Natalia didn’t join in and simply watched humans around them enthusiastic in their excitement. For a moment, there had never been a peaceful time. No threats from the outside world, no responsibility on their shoulders, no tension between them, not even sexual tension. They were just enjoying the moment.

When the fireworks exploded in the air, Nik wasn’t looking at them. He was gazing at a much more beautiful view to him. Natalia felt his stare, turned around and faced him. She put both of her hands on his shoulders and his on her waist. 

There were no words exchanged. He didn’t need to. His eyes spoke for him. His actions screamed louder than any words. Flashes of memories of them together, the things they did side by side, the things he did for her. Simple actions that had a really deep meaning behind it. From the moment he didn’t kill her at first glance to the latest time when he was willing to overcome his fear of thrilling rides and dislikes of ‘cute’ stuff to her request up until always enclosed her safety in mind as top priority - including falling from a high speed roller coaster ride.

From their many shared memories together, the shit they’d been through, there was one thing that was constant, never changed. His stare.

It was at that moment that she realized the one vital thing she missed, overlooked that had been there from the beginning, what truly lies at the face of truth.

Love.

It’s always been there somewhere along the way. 

He loves me.

The way he looked at her like she was his other half.

She was.

The only one who saw him for himself and understood him like no other. The only woman accepted him for who he was and motivated him at the same time to be a better man.

It became clear to Natalia all at once. Suddenly the once rocky pavement was now a smooth path.

It was all there as it was fully reflected on her for him too.

Their foreheads touched. Leaning towards each other - literally and metaphorically in life - solely treasuring the other’s presence. Both thinking they had never been more grateful that they found each other and had the chance to enjoy today.

An unexpected flashlight interrupted their intimate moment and in an instant they turned to the source. The photographer looked extremely apologetic and apologized right away. 

“I’m so sorry. I apologize. That was deeply beautiful. I just have to capture it.” He looked down in embarrassment.

Natalia smiled in assurance. “No worries. It’s all good.”

“Can we see it?” Nik requested. “Of course.” The young photographer showed them his result. Unexpectedly, Nik didn’t mind and made an unusual request. “Can we have it?”

“Of course. Here you go.” He handed him the polaroid with a smile.

“Thank you.”

“No, thank you. Do you mind if I display it in my exhibition later this month?”

“What an honour. No, go ahead.” Natalia answered. “But make sure to keep the mysterious vibe, would you? We love to have hidden identities.”

“Absolutely. Yes, I will. Thank you.”

• • •

Meanwhile back at the Quarters, Rebekah was leaning against the railings on the front porch gazing at the peaceful sky before everything changed. She knew, felt it in her heart this was the calm before the storm and she would enjoy it to the fullest while it lasted.

She didn’t dare to hope for what was about to happen. For what they had prepared and for whom they prepared it for.

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when the sound of the bedroom door was opened. Marcel walked in with a smile on his face after a long day of work. 

“Is everything done?” , she asked.

“Yeah, we’re ready.” They stood side by side. “It’s on. Tomorrow.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...
9.6K 354 33
Second Instalment of The Queen Series. Sequel to WARRIOR QUEEN. At last, Machae found her long-lost partner in crime, Kol Mikaelson, ended her decade...
205K 7.8K 67
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
27.8K 437 40
~This Book is a Sequel~ She went from Annabella Marie Salvatore to Gabriella Marie Labonair/Maximoff. She decided enough was enough, and that it was...