Wannabe Me

Por CarterIsabelle

What does it feel like, just living upto someone's expectations? Being someone you're not? Being restricted f... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Dresses
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
A/N
Attention!!
New Book!
Another New Book!

Chapter 22

11K 402 57
Por CarterIsabelle

Yo guys, here's the update. Enjoy.

----------------

"Lets just have lunch." He said before sitting at the head of the table again.

"I don't want to eat." I said as I tried going to my room.

I was yanked back by the back of my hoodie.

"I think I told you, you can't miss meals just because you're angry." Roman said grabbing my arm and pulling me to the table.

"Eat." Lorenzo commanded. I rolled my eyes.

"Ok, Dads." I muttered.

"Keep the sass in control, little girl." Lorenzo said sternly. "And that eye rolling too."

I just kept chewing on small bites and ignored what he said.

"I told you already. We have guests over tonight. They are coming especially to meet you." Lorenzo said turning to me at the end. I nodded. I hope it all goes fine.

"Our friends are coming too." Gray informed me. My ears perked up. By their friends means the whole popular kids table.

"Can I call Daniel too?" I asked.

"I already did." Lorenzo said while I just tried to hide my excitement.

"Are you not going to say anything about her checking out a guy?" Mason muttered to Lorenzo, clearly bothered by the fact that I wasn't scolded for that.

"I don't know what to say. I can't let you go out checking out guys, being in a relationship and get your heart broken. That's all." He said while looking at me. It seemed like he wanted me to not even look at a guy.

"And what if a relationship works for me?" I asked.

I don't even know if I am ready to be in a relationship already. He thought for a moment.

"I'll give you one chance. If you really want to be in a relationship and it works out, I'm not going to stop you." Lorenzo said.

"What? You're going insane, Lorenzo." Jace yelled.

"I agree with him." Grayson muttered.

"You're giving her too much freedom in order to not restrict her." Mason said, angrily.

Lorenzo just stayed silent.

The younger ones are making him regret it. I can't disappoint him.

After eating lunch, I studied a bit then just flopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I don't know what is happening. Everything is so messed up. I wanted to go live somewhere far away. I told big bro, I don't want rules and expectations anymore.

That's the reason why I didn't want to live here. If I get attached, I'll just fear that I'll disappoint them. I don't want to be a disappointment again.

I just want to be a normal teenager. As weird as it sounds, I want to have a crush, have some girl drama, have a relationship during high school, hang out with friends, go to prom with a handsome guy and not be a shadow or the ignored girl in the school.

But after seeing my brother's reaction, I think I'm pressuring Lorenzo. It seems he doesn't want to allow some things but is still allowing for my sake.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door.

"What?" I called out.

"We have guests over remember?" Grayson said as he popped his head in.

"Yeah. I'm just coming in a bit." I said, getting up to change.

I wore leather pants with a leather jacket and strapped my dagger under my oversized T-shirt and opened the door.

I walked downstairs, feeling the thump of the music coming from the bigger living room.

I opened the door and walked in awkwardly.

"Here she comes." Roman cheered. He was standing with Lorenzo and a tall woman having strawberry blonde hair. Her back was turned towards me.

I walked over and she turned around.

She's so pretty.

"Hello, Amelia. I'm Eliza." She said extending her hand forward and smiling at me.

Oh the doctor.

"Oh so you're the doctor." I said, glaring at Lorenzo then smiling at her.

"Yes. I'm the doctor." She chuckled, looking at Lorenzo, then back at me again.

"So how are you?" She asked. I looked at her in surprise. I opened my mouth to say something but she cut me off.

"Let's go talk somewhere else. If you don't mind?" She said.

"Uhh.. Yeah. Sure." I said awkwardly.

We went out the kitchen doors to the porch in the backyard.

"So how's it going?" She asked as we both took a seat.

"Good." I said.

Why would I even talk to her about anything? I just met her.

"If you need some female company you can always call me, okay? I know you are finding it difficult to express yourself, just try not to keep everything inside. It may lead to you shutting off again." She said, giving me a pretty smile. I nodded and gave her a small one back.

"Lorenzo can sacrifice everything when it comes to his siblings. He's trying to be more free minded and open, so you can be more comfortable with him." She told me, making me look down and reflect upon everything he's doing.

"I know. I don't want to disappoint him and make him feel bad." I mumbled.

"Don't worry. You are a smart girl. Everyone makes mistakes, you'll make your own. But he will never stop loving you and caring for you." She said making me smile.

"He's good. I mean yeah, he's strict like big bro but he doesn't hold back on showing me how much he loves me and is worried for me."

"Yeah. He is. Do you know when I first started working for him, he was so terrifying. He used to be so cold and emotionless."

"Then after some time, when I got used to his nature, I started annoying him. Its so fun." She chuckled as I started giggling too.

"What'd he do? He didn't suspend you or something?" I asked, amused and impressed by this woman who dared to tame a lion.

"That's the fun part. He made me work overtime and sort out the files in his office which he intentionally, hired someone to mess up." She said, gritting her teeth at the end.

"I hid his car keys and important documents he needed the next day for a meeting." She said as I burst out laughing.

"I'm impressed." I said, nodding and giving a thumbs up to her.

"Well, thank you, Ms.Costello." She said, bowing a little. "Judging by your nature, I doubt you are the most obedient kid."

"I'm not. I mean, I swear a lot, talk back and sass. And I'm Violent and have anger issues."

"Oh so what does he do? He doesn't send you in your room, does he?" she asked looking concerned. "You can't be left alone."

"No, He doesn't. He didn't punish me once." I said, then shrugged.

Her eyes widened.
"You never get punished?" She said looking at me like I had superpowers.

"No. But Big bro used to put me in timeout when I was younger and he's threatened to do that again. He didn't make me face a wall though. He'd just make me sit and watch them all doing stuff, while I just sat there." I said as she chuckled.

She's cool.
I have a feeling that she will be my female bestie in the future.

"He's changed so much since you came. He was so closed off before. So, in an attempt to make you comfortable and bond with you, he's opened up a lot." She said as she stared into distance.

"How do they seem to you? Wait let me guess." She said, as she started counting.
"So, Roman is the mama hen, the cuddly one and the most loving out of all of them. Mason is a little short tempered but still tolerable and sometimes acts like an annoying elder brother but sometimes like a sibling who just loves teasing other, sometimes strict too. Jace, well he's the grumpy, the short tempered one, who just annoys the hell out of you and automatically makes you hate him. Grayson is the cool and soft one, he's a younger and cooler version of Roman. Right?" She said sucking in deep breaths.

Woah! She knows everything.

"Yeah. That's right." I said, as I stared at her in shock. She knows them well.

She chuckled and shook her head.

"Wait till you meet your whole family." She said then started grinning.

"You met my family?" I asked.

"I'm the doctor in the business. They take me with them when they go to Italy. Not that they need me, they have plenty of doctors there. But Lorenzo insists, so like the good friend I am, I agree. Who says no to a holiday trip to Italy, after all?" She said, making me chuckle.

She's funny and talkative. Nice.

"Let's go inside. I just wanted to bond with you a little." She stood up and led me back inside. I felt warm on stepping into the house again.

"Hey, Amy." I heard the familiar voice of Daniel yell. I turned my head to see the whole popular kids group, sitting to a side.

"Hey." I said as he pulled out a chair beside him for me. I was just about to sit there when Ashton grabbed my arm and made me sit in his chair which was right next to the one I was going to sit in.

"Wow, bestie. People are already jealous of our relationship." Daniel said trying to annoy Ashton. Ashton glared at him, then at me.

"What relationship?" He gritted.

"Best friend relationship?" I asked giving him an innocent smile. His expressions softened immediately.

"It better be that way." He muttered before turning around again.

"Hey." Someone muttered from beside me. I turned to look at them. My eyes met the sharp green ones. I just wanted to get lost in them.

My heart started racing.
"Hey." I said, gathering up the confidence.

"I'm Josh, remember? Jace's Friend?" He asked, thinking I didn't remember him.

This dude was kinda the main character in the drama.

"Oh. Nice to meet you, Josh. I'm Amelia." I said trying to play it cool.

"Nice to meet you too, Amelia." He said and smiled, showing off his dimples.

We talked for a long time before getting rudely interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind me. I looked behind me to find Jace, standing there, his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face. He bent down to my level and whispered in my ear.

"Get your ass to the other side of the table right now." He said. Can I start planning his funeral?

He stood back up and waited for me to do as he said.

Haha! Like I would.

I waved my hand to motion him to bend down again. He did and I whispered in his ear.

"No." I whispered and smirked when I saw his annoyed look turn into an angry one.

"Amelia." He growled in a warning tone.

I flashed him the finger and felt him move from behind me. I turned around to see him standing behind Daniel.

I saw him whisper something in his ear, as Daniel's furious gaze snapped towards me. I just turned away and focussed on the food before me. Why the fuck did he involve Daniel in this.

I felt myself being lifted by arms around my waist. I blinked and I was sitting in another seat with Daniel beside me, glaring at me, with his arms crossed.

"Did I just get to know about you flirting with a playboy?" He asked. I glared at Jace.

"If that's what it took to get her up, I would've done it." He muttered while looking amused.

"You don't want me to stay away from him, now? Where's the overprotective effer?" I asked, extremely annoyed by his bipolar behaviour.

"If he's helping me in keeping you away from guys, I'm cool with him." He shrugged.

I huffed and crossed my arms.
"You didn't  answer my question." Daniel said.

"Oh fook off, Daniel. I didn't flirt with him. He's not a playboy." I snapped. Daniel stared at me for sometime then turned to Jace.

"Okay dude, I can't do anything past this point. She's real angry and she's not wrong in this." He said. Daniel knows when I'm wrong or lying to him. He knows exactly how to make me feel bad for what I did wrong.

I flashed the finger to Jace again and smirked.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

58.8K 461 21
Alexandra Rossi is the only daughter of the Rossi family.the Rossi's own one of the most powerful mafia in the world.the Italian mafia.Alexandra's mo...
383K 8.9K 24
She was just a girl who wanted to know about her real family. He was just a boy who stay in his bestfriend's house more than his own foster parents'...
58.9K 859 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
269K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...