Striking - Cedric Diggory

By bossbitchbitchboss

Amelia has always been a bit strange. She was almost placed in Ravenclaw for her brains but was instead put i... More

Cast + Playlist
Train
Sorted
Pancakes
Chosen
Pond
The first task
Hogsmade
The ball
The Second Task
The Third Task
The Maplegrid's home
The Diggory's Home
The Order
Meetings
Back to school
Dolores Umbridge
Fights
Dumbledore's Army
Dumbledore's army pt 2
The Prophecy
Work?
Battle of Maplegrid Beach
Sad Christmas
The Astromony Tower
The Seven Potters
Bill and Fleur
The Battle of Hogwarts
FIGHT FOR YOU
Epilogue
Hi

Holidays

1.6K 26 3
By bossbitchbitchboss

Amelia quickly ran up to the owlery to see if her parents had made the time to send her back a letter with an answer to the question she asked about Cedric coming home with her for the winter holidays. Amelia looked for the owl she had sent the letter with and saw that it had returned. She walked swiftly over towards the owl and lightly stroked it. "Thank you very much for taking the letter to them, can I have the letter they sent back please?" Amelia asked the owl who then dropped the letter in her hand and then flew towards the food and started pecking at it.

Amelia opened the letter accidentally ripping open the envelope.

Dear Amelia,

We would love to have Cedric come and stay with us during the holidays! We can get to know him better and your father wants to test out how much this boy actually likes you? We have been very busy lately. We have joined the order and have been making time for ourselves to go to each of the headquarters. Mrs. Weasley and I have been cooking together which is so fun. She has the best recipes so we swap with one another! Your father and Mr. Weasley got off to a ruff start but then they started to get along with one another when they cracked open the Rum... They are now inseparable. We can't wait to see you soon and get to know Cedric even more!

I love and miss you!

-mom

Amelia had jumped up in down out of excitement that Cedric was gonna be able to stay the holidays with her. She quickly marched back down the steps and towards the common room. She tickled the pear and the large picture opened and she stepped through. She looked around for Cedric and saw him reading his book and writing down notes for charms. Amelia walked over towards him and sat in the chair that was across from him. "Millie!" Cedric said excitedly and closed his book with a thud. "Why are you so smiley?" Cedric asked with a little laugh.

"My parents wrote back and they said you can stay with us for the holidays!" Amelia said excitedly and Cedric lit up. "That's amazing I was kinda dreading staying here alone!" Cedric said and grabbed the girls hand and gave it a squeeze. "I can't wait for you to see what I got you!" Amelia said excitedly.

"Give me a hint!" Cedric said and Amelia shook her head. "No way you will have to wait like everyone else!" Amelia said and then stood up and gave Cedric a light kiss on the lips. "Good night!" Amelia said and started to walk away but Cedric grabbed her hand. "One more please" he said and Amelia rolled her eyes and leaned in once again and kissed Cedric softly. "Goodnight love" he said and opened his textbook on charms once again and began to copy down notes on his parchment. Amelia walked up the steps and into the dorm and there Kendra and Maxine sat talking to one another. Both of their heads turned when Amelia walked in to the room.

"Hey Amelia?" Maxine asked and the two walked over and sat on Amelia's bed. "Yes?" Maxine looked at Kendra for a moment with a look of hesitation on her face. "How do you get guys to like you?" Kendra asked and Amelia smiled. "Please don't judge us we are just crave the love you and Cedric have I mean it's adorable!" Kendra yelled and Amelia laughed. "The fastest way to a mans heart is food!" Amelia simply stated and Kendra and Maxine looked at one another.

"Cedric and I first started talking when I started to make his pancakes with chocolate and other sweets!" Amelia said and the two girls nodded their heads in unison. "It's a branch you start off with that and then you slowly start to get to know one another and then you start to like each other and then you start to date?" Amelia said unsure. "So I should make a boy food?" Maxine asked and Amelia nodded her head. "I think so?" Amelia said unsure once again. "Are you writing this done Kendra!" Maxine yelled and Kendra fiddled and quickly grabbed a pen and wrote it down.

"When you guys meant the love me and Cedric have what did you mean?" Amelia asked and Maxine and Kendra giggled. "He really likes you" Kendra said and Amelia felt a knot in her stomach. "Let's go to bed I'm tired as hell" Maxine said sitting up and off of Amelia's bed. They then both walked towards their own beds and laid down. They began to quietly talk once again and Amelia laid down in her bed. She was excited to see her family once again tomorrow.

———————-———————-———————-————

"Mom, Dad!" Amelia screamed hugging her parents tightly. Amelia's mother Darlene was crying. "I missed you bunny" she said and hugged her daughter. Cedric then quickly walked up and shook Bradley's hand and hugged Darlene. "We are so happy you could spend this time with us Cedric!" Darlene said once again kissing him on the cheek. She had grown up in France so she had a bit of a accent and still sometimes acted like she is still in France. "Alright let's go home!" Bradley said and the four all held hands and apparated out of kings cross.

The four were then suddenly on a beach with the sounds of the waves crashing on the sand. The wind was strong and the air was cold. Cedric looked up and saw the familiar house of Amelia's. The house was almost crooked. The bright colors of the paneling on the house made it look even more like a beach house. "Amelia you need to get rid of the garden knomes they are completely ruining all of my herbs and I'm sick of them!" Darlene said eyeing her beautiful and spotless garden.

"Darlene we just got home and you are already assigning chores!" Bradley said and the four laughed. They then all walked up the steps of the house and into it. Everything was exactly the same as when the couple had left the house earlier that year. "You will be sleeping downstairs in the basement we have a spare bedroom down there if I catch you upstairs near Amelia's room then you will be sleeping outside." Bradley says and pointed down the steps to Cedric. Cedric gave a frightened look at Amelia. "Dad stop it's fine Cedric is a good guy!" Amelia said slapping her dad on the back.

"I'll show you your room!" Amelia said and her and Cedric walked down the stairs and into the spare bedroom. It was a bit small and had a bathroom off to the side of it with a shower. "You'll get use to my father he's a bit much as first" Amelia said and Cedric threw his luggage on his bed. "He seems like a hell of a man" Cedric said and Amelia chuckled.

—————————————-———————-——————

Days had gone by and it was now Christmas morning. Amelia quickly got out of her bed and looked at her muggle clock. It read 8:45 AM. She quickly got out of bed and went out into the kitchen covering her eyes as she passed by the Christmas tree. "Get Cedric up!" Bradley said and he was recording with a muggle camera. Amelia walked down the stairs and to the basement to wake Cedric. She gently shook him awake and he immediately darted up.

"Merry Christmas!" Amelia said and Cedric groaned. "Merry Christmas Millie" Cedric said lazily and then get up out of his bed and the two walked up the stairs together. Cedric smiled at the camera that was recording him and Millie. Bradley then put down the camera and sat in one of the chairs. "Alright Amelia pass them out!" Darlene said sitting in her own chair. Amelia quickly swished her wand and the presents flew throughout the room and landed in front of each desired person. Amelia had 5 presents in front of her. Bradley had 3 presents in front of him and Darlene had 3 as well. Cedric was a bit shocked to see that he had 4 presents in front of him.

"You got me presents Mrs. Maplegrid?" Cedric asked and Darlene shrugged. "You have to get presents it's Christmas!" She said and Cedric smiled up at her. "Alright open!" Bradley said and everyone in the room ripped open their presents and awed at them.

Amelia had been gifted a nargles catcher hand guide, a magical spray that could change scents of a magical creatures favorite smell to attract them, a brand new Robe, a bright yellow Hufflepuff keychain, and a small green new pigmy puff. "You got me a green pigmy puff?" Amelia screamed excited. "Why Darlene the other one keeps me up at night with its cute yelling!" Bradley said and everyone laughed.

Cedric's presents consisted of a Hufflepuff sweatshirt, a guide on how to clean your broom, a new bright yellow scarf, and a polish set for his wand. "Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs. Maplegrid!" Cedric said once again thanking the older couple. "Oh please honey it was nothing!" Darlene waved him off again.

Darlene was gifted with two new shirts and a bunch of Roses from Cedric. Bradley was gifted also two new shirts and a watch from Cedric. "Thank you for these Cedric they are beautiful!" Darlene said sweetly smelling her white Roses. "You know your watches!" Bradley gave Cedric a reassuring nod.

Cedric and Amelia would she exchanging gifts in a more private manor. The family then got up and ate the large breakfast that Darlene had prepared for them. They all felt sick after eating all of the food. Soon there wasn't any left except for the hot coco that was being sipped by each of them. Cedric and Bradley were in a deep conversation about puddlemore United and Amelia and Darlene were washing the dishes. "He's such a nice boy and he's so cute!" Darlene says looking back at Cedric. Amelia blushes and smiles. "I know isn't he!" She says and the two giggle.

——————————————-———————-—————

Amelia and Cedric were now sitting on the sand looking out at the water and the waves rushing. "You wanna exchange them now?" Cedric asked and Amelia nodded. "You go first!" Cedric said and Amelia took out a wrapped present. She handed it to Cedric and Cedric tore it open. "Oh my gosh Millie this is amazing!" Cedric said excitedly. The girl had gotten him a at home quidditch set. It included all of the things that you use in a quidditch match. "When you are done practicing and want them to stop all you have to do is yell Nargles and it all should stop!" Amelia said and Cedric laughed. "Did you pick the key word?" He asked and Amelia laughed. "Of course" she said and then Cedric fished something from his coat pocket.

He pulled out a small box and handed it to Amelia. She opened it and gasped at the necklace that was in it. The diamond necklace had small waves in the center of it embolden in a small sliver plaque. "This is beautiful Cedric!" Amelia said taking it out quickly and giving it to the boy to put it around her neck. He carefully placed it around her neck and she looked down and saw it. She smiled widely and then hugged and kissed the boy. "Thank you!" Amelia said and Cedric smiled "thank you!" He said and gave the girl another kiss.

The next couple of days went by quickly. Cedric and Bradley had bonded deeply over their love of quidditch and had set up in a 1 v 1 match with the quidditch set that Amelia had gotten Cedric. Every time the quidditch match went back and forth.

Before they knew it they were back on the train to Hogwarts. Cedric and Amelia held hands on the way back. Cedric made conversation with Patrick and Paul who were being fed chocolates by Kendra and Maxine. The two girls sent Amelia a wink and Amelia laughed. Luna and Amelia talked the whole way about how Nargles are becoming more and more popular and how people are starting to think about them more Which they both love.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter wasn't it kinda cute with Amelia's parents and them bonding with Cedric. Also I literally thought of the at home quidditch set on the spot isn't that kind of impressive? Idk whatever hope you enjoyed and have a good morning, afternoon, or evening!

Love you all thank you for reading and supporting this book!!!

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 0 32
This book is year 3 on. From Meeting Cedric Diggory who becomes my character, Evelyn's best friend to how her emotions towards Draco Malfoy changes...
353 49 24
15 year old Katianne Potter finally broke out of her little bubble and decided to be friends with not just Elliot Diggory and her brother, but also w...
4.5M 130K 121
[ completed] In their four years of knowing each other, Draco Malfoy and Amora Buckley have never managed to see eye to eye. However, when the pair a...
542 35 20
It hadn't taken Cedric long to find out that he could break hearts with just a smile. He had never had a real relationship--he just never had the tim...