Dolores Umbridge

The feast was magnificent

The feast was magnificent. The house elves had outdone their selves this time. The large plates of pudding and the huge enchanted cupcakes filled Amelia's stomach quickly. Cedric sat right across from her also stuffing his mouth to the point where the two of them were feeling sick to their stomachs. Amelia sat back and patted her stomach. "Is there a charm where you can eat more even when you're full?" Amelia asks and Cedric also leans back holding his stomach. "I don't know but if it isn't we are inventing it!" He says and the couple laughs in sync.

Then the whole school quiets down as Dumbledore stands up and begins to speak. "Good evening children, now we have two changes in staff this year, we are pleased to welcome back Professor Grumbly Plank who will be taking care of care of magical creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave, we also need to introduce our new defense against the dark arts teacher Professor Dolores Umbridge, and I'm sure you will all join me in wishing the Professor good luck." Dumbledore says and Amelia notices Dolores as the lady who yelled at Cedric and her in the hallway. Cedric looks at Amelia widened "oh shit" he mouths and Amelia silently laughs.

Umbridge then makes a sudden noise as Dumbledore begins to speak once again. Dumbledore turns his head towards the lady and she stands up and walks slowly towards the front of the podium. "Thank you headmaster for those kind words of welcome, and how lovely it is to see all of your bright happy faces smiling up at me, I'm sure we are all going to be great friends" she starts. "That's likely" Fred and George say together and a couple people silently laugh. Umbridge gives them a sweet smile and then continues.

"The ministry of magic has always considered the education of young witches and Wizards to be of vital importance, although each headmaster has brought something new to this school, progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged, let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." Umbridge then giggles softy and walks back to her chair and a row of applause breaks from the students. Only about 1/4 of the school was clapping however.

"Thank you Professor Umbridge that really was illuminating" Dumbledore finishes and then the students are off to the common rooms. The first years are going to bed. There weren't as many first years as there usually were though.

Cedric and Amelia quietly walk through the hallways speaking about the new defense against the dark arts teacher. "I don't like her already" Cedric says. "We don't know her yet Ced you shouldn't make assumptions" Amelia answers and Cedric looks at the girl. "You're telling me you like her?"

"Well no not so far but that could change she could have just given a bad first impression is all and maybe she is actually sweet!" Amelia says hopeful. "Millie, honey you have too much faith in this woman by tomorrow you will be wanting her gone" Cedric says and Amelia stays quiet. The two then get to the common room and walk in. Tons of people were in it and every pair of eyes darted towards Cedric.