Pancakes

Amelia woke up early

Amelia woke up early. She always woke early on the first days of school. She quickly got out of bed and then got ready for the day. She quickly threw on her robes and brushed her hair. She quietly left her dorm not waking any of her follow roommates. She had three other roommates. One of them was very sweet named Molly. She had always treated the girl with respect and smiled at her when she walked in the hallways. She hadn't however made an effort to be friends with her. Amelia had tried to talk to the girl but the girl didn't seem interested and so Amelia accepted it. The other two girls names were Kendra and Maxine. They weren't very nice and had hidden some of Amelia's things without her knowing.

Amelia slid down to the common room. The bright windows which allowed the nice sunlight to pour through made the common room seem big and bright. Amelia quickly watered the plants in the common room. There had always been tons due to the Hufflepuffs in the school having a talent for herbology. Amelia then sat down at one of the tables reading quietly about a Murtlap.

A murtlap in found typically in the British seas.

Amelia had always wanted to catch one due to her house being so close to the water. She hadn't had any lock. The Murtlap was a very smart creature and very hard to catch but Amelia knew she would be able to catch it one day. Her mother had gotten her a book on how to catch a Murtlap and Amelia had read it completely front to back multiple times but she still had no success. Amelia's father always told her it was because she had very loud steps and so each time she would step the Murtlap would run.

Amelia then closed the book and walked down to the great hall. She walked in and saw Hermione Granger eating alone. A couple other students sat at the Hufflepuff table and Amelia decided she would sit next to the lonely girl. Hermione and Amelia had spoken a couple of times. Hermione even considered Amelia and her to be friends.

"Good morning, may I sit?" Amelia asked pointing to the seat that was across from the girl. "Of course!" Hermione said quickly and Amelia sat down in the seat across from the brightest witch in the fourth year. "Do you have any plans for after Hogwarts?" Hermione asked the girl to get the conversation started. "I would love to become a breeder" Amelia said and Hermione gave the girl a confused look.

"A breeder is breeding two magical creatures together in hopes of creating a new species!" Amelia said pouring herself a cup of orange juice. "What would you like to be after all this?" Amelia asked. Hermione thought for a moment. "Well I've always thought about working in the ministry?" She said taking a small bite of her toast. "You would be great with that Hermione!" Amelia said. Then someone came and sat down next to Hermione. Hermione didn't pay attention to the boy but Amelia stared at him confused. "Hello Victor can we help you?" Amelia asked sweetly and Victor look away from Hermione and towards Amelia. "No" he said plainly and went back to staring at Hermione eat.

"Well you two have fun!" Amelia said excitedly and then stood up and walked towards the Hufflepuff table. She brought her orange juice with her from the other table and drank it slowly. She then picked up a couple of waffles from the plate in front of her. People filed in and sat around the girl. She felt a tad bit embarrassed that the seat next to or in front of her hadn't been occupied yet. Then someone sat across from her. She looked at the boys face. He was a very dashing boy and gave the girl a bright smile.