The Unwanted Mate (The Mate S...

By Bella94

"Tony?" I asked, quietly. He didn't move, didn't even change his breathing. So I leaned closer. Slowly. Caref... More

Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2: The Farmer (pic of Aliena)
Chapter 3: Comfort (pic of April)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11 (Pt.1)
chapter 11(pt 2)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (pt1)
Chapter 13 (pt 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16(pt.2)
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 16 (Pt. 1)

5.3K 119 39
By Bella94

Chapter 16

Nikole-

    When I came out I found Ty lying on his stomach completely immersed in a book. Without a second thought I ran and jumped on top of him. He seen me out of the corner of his eye at the last minute and turned onto his back so instead of strateling his back each of my knees were spread and on either side of his hips.

    Ty's hands curled around my sides keeping me there.  When he knew I would stay he reached up and pulled my face down to his, resulting in my body lying against his with my hands on his bare chest. I could hear my shallow breathing and see so many emotions shining in his eyes.

    Ty's hand found my wrist and positioned my hand so my fingers pressed gently against the middle of his forehead. "Psychics, say this is the middle eye. Meaning, that it radiates the.... magic, I guess. You have to trust me." He whispered.

   "I swear." I promised quietly feeling the "Magic" buzzing around us.

    "Close your eyes, Beautiful." He commanded, I closed my eyes and when I did his hands pressed gently against my temples. Then I saw it. The burst of colors and light, more beautiful the fireworks, or the northern lights. More beautiful then I could ever describe, but then through the fog of colors I found a rope.

   'It's the bond.' Ty's voice was whisper, like the wind. 'It's our bond, what's holding us together.'

    'You can see every one's?' I find myself thinking back to him and am relatively surprised when he answers back.

    'Sometimes. It's complicated.'

    'Reading minds would be-' I was interrupted by a bright flash and found myself drawn to it. I felt myself mentally reach out to touch it. I was sucked into a movie... but the movie was starring Ty. A younger version of Ty, around the age of five years old. He was being dragged down the street by a woman who looked just like him.

    "Mama, where are we going?" little Ty asked, his voice no longer as I know it but higher and softer.

    "You're going to stay here and wait for me." She said to him, tears showing in her eyes. "I love you, Tyson." She sat him down at the sand box and gave him a juice box. He sat and waited, watching the other kids play... he waited for her for days.

    After three days of waiting he went wandering to find food and hopefully- even though I could see in his eyes that he knew that wasn't likely- his mother. I wanted to hold him, but before my eyes the little boy grew into a slightly older one. But still only a child, round face, lanky body- Nothing like he was today. He was mowing grass for people to make money and in the winter he'd break into abandoned houses, and shovel snow for money.

    On one of those cold winter days around the age of 12. He stood staring inside a restaurant at a man and his son eating lunch. The man with dark brown hair and equally dark green eyes saw the boy staring in at them. He got up and walked outside where Tyson stood thinking about bolting- especially when he found out that the man was a shifter. But when he read the man's emotions he didn't 'sound' angry. The leo stepped toward him hesitantly with open arms, as if wanting to embrace him.

    "Where's your parents?" He questioned, Ty quietly.

    Ty shrugged.

    "What's your name?"

    "Tyson."

    "Would you like some Lunch, too?" Ty looked unsure of himself. He hadn't had someone offer to buy him anything since he was younger. "Come on," The leo smirked and jerked his head towards the door. "It's warm inside. I could get you a hot chocolate." Ty nodded and the Leo- my father turned and walked inside Ty right behind him.

    The movie scene faded out and I was left staring at Ty- the Ty I've come to know. "What was that?" I asked, my mind still reeling. But when I actually looked at him, I saw that he was nervous. "Ty, what's wrong? I'm... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have seen it. I- I just..." I trailed off wondering how I could explain my joy.

    "I saw one of yours too." He blurted, tears now glistening in his eyes. "They hurt you." I reached out and touched his face.

    "I hardly remember, Ty." I whispered soothingly, but then winced because I realized he knew I'd lied, "Besides everything that happened... It brought me here. And I thank God for that. We.. We were so much alike. Both left to take care of ourselves. Both alone-"

    "The one who saved you. The blonde one. That's... him." He stated, I nodded.

    "Yeah, that's him. His- His name is Tony." I told him wringing my hands in my lap nervously.

    "I'm tired." Ty whispered saving me from the story, letting me know that I didn't have to finish. "I should go to bed-"

    "Stay." The word was short and so unsure that I could hardly believe it was me saying it.

    "Is that what you want?" Tyson asked. I nodded.

    "Sleep with me, Ty. You keep the nightmares away." He smiled and rolled us onto our sides, our bodies still tangled together.

    "You keep my nightmares away, too." he whispered kissing the corner of my mouth. "I'm in love with you, Nik." His eyes stared into mine with total conviction.

    "I love you, too." And when I said it I knew it was true. I loved Ty, but could I love him more than I loved Tony? I stopped thinking when Ty sighed happily and rested his forehead against mine.

    "Ty?" I questioned quietly.

    "Hmm?" He sounded so sleepy, I giggled.

    "Does that always happen?"

    He pried his eyes open. "No," He replied knowing that I was asking about the mind thing, "It's never happened before. It was pretty amazing. The closeness, the bond... it got stronger." His eyes started to close again. So instead of continuing all the questions bouncing in my head; I whispered, "Tomorrow will you teach me to shift?"

    "Mmm-hmmm, I promise. Tomorrow. Now close your eyes and sleep." He murmured, I kissed him, good night and reached for the remote that controlled the lights, clicking them off and snuggling deeper into Ty. I drifted to sleep smiling.

Tony-

    "Write to her, Tony." Isa demanded. "It's been 6 months. Write to her." She jerked the bottle from my hand, "And stop Drinking. That's what got you into this mess. Uncle Logan got better, but that's not going to continue if you keep moping around!"

    "It's not that easy, Isa. I hurt her! I could smell it!" I growled.

    "Then apologize! Do something" She threw her hands up. "Jesus Christ! Grow a pair, Tony!"

    "If she wanted me she would have called-"

    "Would she? She was always making the first step. Maybe it's your turn." Isa yelled. Mark came in and caught her by the arms.

    "Come lay down, Isa. The stress isn't good for the baby." He kissed her forehead, and I was shocked when I realized I was no longer jealous of him. I was envious that he had a mate. That he had started a family of his own, but not that he had Isa.

    After they left I found a piece of paper and a pen.

    Nikole,

        I know that you must hate me for the mistakes I've made. And I will admit they were mistakes. I will also admit to hating myself for the past months. Sitting by a phone and hoping you'd call. But this letter isn't meant to make you feel guilty, I know it's my fault.

    I simply wanted to hear from you and I'm hoping you will read this letter. Hoping you will not see my writing and throw it out, even though I know that's what I deserve.

    How is your life, knowing hunter is your brother? It was quite a shock to me when I heard of it. How is school? Have you gotten your License yet? Are you in any sports at your new school? I wish to hear about everything. There simply seems to be too many questions.

    I will not ask your forgiveness. Because I have done nothing to earn it. I only want you to know that I miss you, and am hoping- selfishly- for a letter in return.

Love,

    Tony

    I sealed the envelope and sent it out that night. And then I decided that I needed to earn forgiveness from everyone. My Father had been improving, but I hadn't even made an effort to notice. I picked up the whisky bottle and threw it out. I made my way, hesitantly to my room. I hadn't been there since Nikole had left. I pushed the door open and flicked on the light. The pillows were still on the bed while the rest of the bedding lay on the floor. Stepping closer and finding the nerve to lift the pillow to my nose. I found her scent still lingering. The scent I'd missed. The scent that brought me to tears.

    Even if I worked for it... Even if she did forgive me... Would I ever truly deserve it?

Tyson-

    My eyes opened when Nikki nudged my chin with her head as she fought to  snuggle closer- as if she wasn't already pressed up against every inch of me. I groaned quietly when she lifted her bare leg and brushed my erection. I sat up from the bed jerkily and succsessfully waking her as well.

    "Ty?" She whispered, voice still laced with sleep. "What time is it?"

    "Uhh, 6:28." I said my voice trailing guiltily.

    "Ugh! Ty, It's Sunday! Come back to bed." She reached for me and tried tugging me back into our previous position but I kept evading it.

    "Tyson. What the hell?" she huffed sitting up, and glaring down at me. "Is something wrong?" I shook my head, unsure of how to answer. "Ty, tell me."

    "It's nothing, Nikki." I scrambled up the bed until my back hit the headboard. "Nikki this isn't a game." I growled a little letting her know I was serious.  But she didn't look like I'd just growled she looked... Indescribable.

    "Do that again." She demanded scooting forward and putting her hand against my throat.

    "Why?"

    "Because..." She leaned forward and pressed her lips against mine. I jerked back my head smacking hard against the wall.

    "Nikole. If you kiss me you're gonna go into heat." I blurted.

    "We're mates... but I thought..."

    "You're a Leo. It's possible for you to have several mates, but all your bonds will be different. Ours- ours isn't that strong yet- well, not from your side, but-" I found myself stuttering.

    "Why are you pulling away from me?"

    "It's not that Nikole... I promise. It's... I want you too much right now. You were rubbing against me when you were sleeping and I- I was imagining things and... It just got out of hand." I grimaced at the word 'hand'.

    "Oh... Oh!" She laughed. "That's all? Ty, I know guys get aroused. Girls do too. You know." She smirked at me and rolled her eyes. "Come lay down. I promise I'm not going to make fun of you."

    "That's not it Nikole..."

    "Then what is it?"

    "Guys... are kinda different then females you know." She tilted her head, I groaned, she was really gonna make me explain this. "It hurts... after a while..."  Her face changed then. "Your hurting?"

    "I'll be fine," I felt my face heating up and in result of my embarrassment I growled again and that only seemed to draw more attention. She kissed me again, but I turned my head. "Nik, you're killing me." The growl happened again and I listed to her gasp when she felt the noise with her lips pressed to my throat.

    Then in an attempt to get closer something happened and I was over her. Rubbing my body against hers- marking her body with my scent. I snapped out of it just in time though because I was about to mark her, about to scar her perfect skin with my teeth. I shoved myself away, and wound up tumbling off the high bed.

    We were both silent, unsure of what had just happened then I saw Nikki's head pop over the side of the bed taking in my position on the floor. There was a moment that passed between us, where we realized how badly we'd almost messed up, but then to my amazement, Nikole laughed. "You should see yourself." She huffed between her fits of giggles and I couldn't help but laugh with her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just part one of the chapter. I've recently realized that if I want this story to go the way I have it planned that I'm going to have to start hooking previous chapters together because there will probably be more than 30 chapters for this story- and that's the minimum. There's a lot that's going to be happening in the future for Nikole and Ty, and even Tony. Just wanted to let you all know so that when I do start re-numbering Chapters no one gets confused.

And Yes! I've got my laptop back! So I'll be updating "The Crush" along with the rest of this chapter.

Comment! Vote! Show me the love! lol!

<3 You all!

-Bella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 91 45
I walked to my door and took my key card from my bag, I felt his stare on my back. I turned around and caught him staring at me. "What?" I asked anno...
1.4K 73 7
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
685K 25.4K 32
My father is the Alpha of our pack. The Midnight run pack. He is the most respected man that I have ever known. All that matters to me is me pleasing...
273K 13.5K 55
{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... *******************************************************************************************...