๐Œ๐„๐๐€๐‚๐„ โš›๏ธŽ ๐—‰. ๐—‰๐–บ๐—‹๐—„๏ฟฝ...

By -sqidey

โ†ณ๐˜/๐ ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐Š is just as presumptuous as her father, and nothing will ever stop her from proving to him t... More

๐‚๐‡๐€๐‘๐€๐‚๐“๐„๐‘๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
cat's in the bag
cat's out of the bag
hey, partner
civil war
berlin nights
don't mix business with pleasure
social suicide
strike one
cracked the code
new feelings
deer in the headlights
road trip
decathlon
operation ferry
jealousy, jealousy
homecoming, the real thing
i can handle it
battle of the universe
avengers...assemble
void
when you go away, i still see you
stranded
more than just nick's fury
romance in europe
intoxicated
really you
led zepplin?
distraction
last minute mission
just like old times
mysterio spun the fan
we regret to inform you
friends, foes, and frenemies
mistaken
triple peter-tingle
closure
when i do
๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„

playing pretend

3.2K 115 117
By -sqidey

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

Dad still forced me to go to school after the indifference that occurred a few days ago.

Peter and I still went on patrols, and we resented each other more than anything.

During the patrols, we never dared to utter a word, not even teasing, joke-flirting, or any sarcastic remarks. It would just be furious banter here and there.

At school we had to pretend to like each other for the sake of MJ and Ned, it was easy for me because I pretended to like him before, how hard could it be now?

I walked with MJ to her class "Alright well I've got Computer Science so I'll see you at lunch." I noted, she nodded.

I trudged over to my class, dreading this day and wanting it to be over.

As I was walking I glanced at Peter loitering by his locker.

We made sudden eye contact and I looked straight at the ground. I hate you, Parker.

I entered the Computer Lab and set my things down, not paying attention to the teacher telling us to open the programming software.

I was too distracted by my own thoughts, and how I'd behave as Black Cat now.

Ever since Spider-Man, I forgot how I survived as Black Cat alone.

But I wasn't going to keep it that way, I am not going to wait in desperation for his rescue or his invitation; pretty sure he doesn't want to invite me anyways.

"Now, Y/n, can you tell me what is the difference between a flowchart and pseudocode?" The teacher asked.

I looked over at Ned to come to my rescue and widened my eyes, followed by his shrug.

Okay, Y/n. Just wing it, you'll be fine.

"Easy, um...Pseudocode is an informal high-level description of an algorithm while flowchart is a pictorial representation of an algorithm."

"Excellent!"

For once in a while, I was proud of myself ever since the happenings of the past few weeks.

After not paying attention for the rest of the class, the bell rang suddenly, interrupting my doodling.

Off to lunch I go, time to put my Leo DiCaprio on.

I approached the group's lunch table with a wide smile on my face.

"Hey guys, how was class?" I bemused. "Like shit." MJ mumbled.

I looked at Peter wide-eyed to answer me. "It was fine." He said quietly.

"So um, got any plans tonight?" Ned asked us all.

"Just gonna sit at home and read." MJ said.

"I, uh, I have work stuff to do, a presentation, homework, all that jazz." I lied.

"I'm busy with the Stark internship." Peter conversed.

"Well, I'm just going to rebuild my Lego death star alone for the weekend, I guess." Ned sighed.

"Sorry, bro. I would help, but I can't." I sympathized.

After having a boring conversation, I just tried to shut myself up with food.

We all ate in awkward silence.

The bell rang and I jolted up, throwing my tray away and running to my class.

-
𓄇time skip𓄇

I typed the morse code into my watch, anxious for the next hour I have to spend with Spider-Man.

I jumped out of my room's window, after falling for 25 stories or so, I latched onto a smaller building and swung over there.

I could land on my feet, just not 70 stories up.

As I waited for my partner, I took the time to enjoy the cool night breeze.

I sat on the roof, legs dangling as I looked down.

The bustling traffic, noisy civilians, and bright lights. Ah, the beauty of New York.

Never empty, never quiet, never hollow.

I felt his presence around me, I turned around and nodded, greeting him.

"You go east, I'll go west. Ring me if you find anything." I mumbled, and jumped onto the next building.

He just scoffed and shook his head, but I ignored him, what as I supposed to? The damage was already done.

After unnecessary amounts of energy wasted, I landed back onto where Spider-Man and I originally met up.

I already finished patrolling the whole west side of New York City.

Shortly after, he arrived as well. "It's all clear, Cat."

He thought I wouldn't notice him not calling me that pet-name anymore. Good, it was annoying anyways.

"Okay." I was about to jump off. "No 'thank you'? No 'good job'?" He tempted.

"Be thankful I even talk to you at school Spider-Man. I resent every moment I'm around you." I spat.

I jumped off holding back the big, fat cry stuck in my throat.

I pushed back my emotions and decided to suck it up. I'm a Stark, Starks don't cry.

I arrived home and flopped straight onto the couch, not bothering to take my suit off, I lazily grabbed my mask off and laid my head on the fluffy fur pillows.

"Bad day?" Scott asked. "More like bad week." I complained.

Life was so much better before Peter figured out everything.

"Yeah, it'll pass. At least you experience stuff and not miss anything."

Scott wore this envious smile that made me grateful to actually be here and experience stuff, rather than being stuck in an alternate timeline or a prison.

"Sorry, Scott." I chuckled. "Its just teen drama that's all. And somehow my Father doesn't know how to deal with it, but its fine because neither do I." I huffed.

"Its alright kid, I remember being your age and contemplating the meaning of life, I think." He said, confused.

"Okay, now you're just dragging it, you bug." I laughed. "Yeah, yeah, but don't come crying to me when your suit is bugged mysteriously." He threatened.

"No, no wait. I'm sorry, I was joking." I smiled. I realized I was smiling, I was happy and I wasn't stressed.

I didn't have to carry this weight on my shoulders anymore, the person I was hiding my identity from already knew.

So what? It didn't come to be that I would be kept secret.

I should just learn to brush these things off, but my dignity and self respect won't allow me to. And I should always go down that path.

I had already dozed off to sleep on the couch, thinking about said thoughts, tired from tonight's long uneventful patrol.

-
𓄇time skip𓄇

I remember sleeping on the couch, but when I woke up I was on my bed.

"Hey FRIDAY." I called. "Yes, Y/n?" "Can you show me the living room camera by 10 PM last night?" I ordered. "Certainly."

I don't know why I wanted to see who moved me, maybe I was looking for an excuse to be happy and feel loved since life was so hectic.

A collection of blue rays formed right before my eyes, showing me the living room where I spent most my time in.

There I was laying on the couch, Scott covered me with the yarn blanket Wanda made, and left the room.

"Hey FRIDAY can you skip until you see someone enter the living room?" And so I saw Dad glancing at my unconscious body fondly.

I felt guilty. Because lately I'd been showing him a hard time with all my arguing and teen angst. I kinda' feel like a bitch.

I saw him lift me up and carry me to my bedroom down the hall.

Dad never publicly expressed these acts of affection, I guess he thought if I knew how much he loved me I would end up taking advantage of it.

I turned off the screen and dismissed FRIDAY. I went into the bathroom for a quick shower and put on some sweatpants and hoodie, since I was staying home today.

I went out of my bedroom and into the crowded living room.

"Hey guys! How's everyone doing?" I greeted happily. I proceeded to get bewildered stares from everyone in the room.

"Who pissed in your cereal?" Sam remarked. "I haven't had it yet, don't make me regret being nice." I gritted my teeth.

I made myself some cereal and went to sit beside Dad on the bar stool. Sure, after seeing the camera footage I felt pity, but it was more guilt than pity.

And I still love Dad no matter what, so spending time with him shouldn't be wrong. Even if its under the wrong circumstances.

"Morning, how are you?" I greeted. "Morning, um, are you okay? Got a fever?" Dad questioned, touching my forehead.

"Why's everyone acting like this? I'm just trying to be really nice, I feel like shit lately and maybe if I changed my attitude my feelings would change too." I confessed.

"Oh wow! My girl's all grown up, I've taught you so well." Dad wiped a fake tear, I chuckled heartily.

"I just want to say I'm sorry, not just for the argument, but for the past couple months too. I love you, Dad."

I tried pushing away this feeling of insecurity in the pit of my stomach.

Maybe better things are coming, maybe that's why my Dad is making me wait so long. Be patient Y/n, or at least just try.

"I'm sorry too sweetie, and I love you too. And I don't ever want you to think even for a second that I don't believe in my little Superstar." He said as he patted my head.

Ah, classic awkward Father skin ship.

"Do you know where Pepper is? I need to talk to her." I asked. "Why can't you talk me?" "Girl problems, Dad. You don't want to exactly want to hear about my uterus, do you?"

"Ew! shoo! just go to the balcony." He shooed me away and I laughed.

Of course I wasn't going to Pepper to ask her about my uterus, I needed some advice.

I headed to Pepper who was sitting outside calmly taking in the fresh air.

"Hey Pepper." I greeted. "Hey, hun, what's up?" She smiled.

"Oh I'm good. What about you? You okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Need something?" "Yeah, actually. I need some advice." I mumbled.

"On what exactly?" She pressed. "A boy." I cringed.

"Ooh! Talk to me." She smirked. "So he's an ass, but he's sweet." I described Peter.

"Hm, now tell me how long until your period?" She provoked.

"No, Pepper, wait listen, I'm not joking I'm serious. He's sweet, but he has his moments where I'm just confused by his actions, he's my friend but I feel like I'm pushing him away, I'm just scared." I confided.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked and I nodded. "Is this about Peter?" "Wha—How'd you know?"

"I mean it's kinda' obvious, you both are terrible at hiding your feelings, not romantic. Maybe just aggression or fear. There's a bit of a spark, just by watching you. But, its too soon to tell." She teased.

"Oh please! If anything, Peter probably likes me! Have you seen me? I'm a literal goddess." I gloated.

"Okay, Tony." She rebuked. "He can't resist the Stark charm." I replied.

Me being me, my ego always got the best of me. I would never admit to anyone anything first.

I'd apologize first if I was wrong, sure. But if it wasn't my right to tell, then I wasn't going to.

I think this morning was just one of my mood swings, I'll probably go back to being narcissistic, sarcastic, and passive aggressive in no time.

I'm trying to work on improving myself, but it's really hard.

-
𝐴/𝑁:
unedited
talk about character development
next chapter is the decathlon :o
get readyyyyy
thank you for reading <33
don't forget to vote !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524 2 28
[{Tom Holland's Peter!}] ~"๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“Ž, ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐‘œ."~ ~"๐•™๐•–๐•ช, ๐•ก๐•ฃ๐•–๐•ฅ๐•ฅ๐•ช ๐•˜๐•š๐•ฃ๐•."~ ๐Ÿ•ธ๐Ÿ•ท แด€...
47.2K 1K 49
๐™๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ 2 ๐™›๐™ž๐™›๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™–๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ก๐™™ ๐™—๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™จ ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฉ ๐™˜๐™ช๐™ง๐™ž๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๏ฟฝ...
198K 3.4K 32
โ˜†๊ง ๐“๐š๐ค๐ž ๐š ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๊ง‚โ˜† โ Darling, I need you to trust me โž (ยฏ'*โ€ข.ยธ,ยคยฐ'โœฟ.๏ฝก.:* *.:๏ฝก.โœฟ'ยฐยค,ยธ.โ€ข*'ยฏ) You apply for a makeup job for an upcoming fil...
7.6K 336 80
"So that's why you're swooning so badly over this guy. I could've seen it coming. Little Y/n and her superheroes." | Peter Parker x Stark!Reader | S...