In the shadows

De je-tamie-ILY

Then: Taylor was an awkward kid from the begging able to protect herself but her big brother was always close... Mais

Niall and Lux
The Panyes
The Styles
The Tomlinsons
The Maliks
The Capture
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
HEYOOOO
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16

Chapter 7

31 1 1
De je-tamie-ILY

—•——•——•——•——•——• 

Aubreys POV

After everyone finished eating, Darcy and I got lucky & were to take Delaney, Jackson & Jason, Mario's 3 youngest, outside. Jason bolted around on the old playground as fast as his 8 year old legs would take them. Meanwhile Delaney was waddling with Layer after Layer packed on. Delaney & Darcy always has this connection, maybe it was because both of their mothers died after giving birth to them. Darcy pretends it doesn't affect her but I see straight through it. Darcy sits on a bench with Delaney and they start to play hand games. Distance yelling breaks through the boys squeaks and as I looked own the steep wooded hill I see the boys hard at work, their axes slamming onto the tree trying to split in into fire wood. 

"I don't need a babysitter so I don't understand why you're out here," Jackson said emotionless brown eyes staring into mine. I sigh at the cocky ten year old.

"I'm out here for your brother and sister okay, chill?" I say to him. I prepare for some lame 'witty' comeback when he eyes become clouded with confusion & curiosity.

"Who are you?" He asks to some one behind me. 

"Emmalise, my parents are here for some contest," a voice says behind me," my brothers and my dad’s friend kid for bored so here we are," she says. She my sister is the first thought to pop into my brain. I send glares to Jackson as he looks her up and down, checking out his new prey. Jackson is famous for being a huge player. I'm pretty sure he's dated all the 8-12 year olds in town. He will with a doubt pounce on the new neat and I won't let him get to my sister like that. I whirl when a crash comes from the bottom of the hill. I breathe much easier when Austin smiles up at me and I'm pretty sure chase just winked at me, I roll my eyes at the little flirt.

"Sissy is that our other sister? The one momma and daddy can't find?" I whirl to see a hand. A blonde curly headed 3 years old clutches her other hand. The girl in the middle clenched her jaw then realizes it. She sighs and looks her tired eyes with mine.

"I don't even know anymore Reid." She says and waves him off to the playground.

She collapses on the bench Jackson saunters up to her. "How ya Doing baby?" He asks slouching horribly as he towers over her

"Much better till you arrived, book it buddy, you have no chance," she says resting her head back and closing her eyes. Jackson looks pissed but he walks away. I walk over and seat myself on the bench next to her. We stay quiet for a miuniet. Then she turns to me.

"Please, please just tell me the truth. I know your my sister, I know it for a fact, but why are you keeping it quiet?" Her voice pleads our matching eyes meet once more and I know she's had it. With everything from the paps to the impostors she just fed up, I can tell by the look in her eyes. I sigh I can't let her down but if I tell her then she might tell Eleanor & Louis, or Mario finds out and she becomes his newest victim.

"I swear I won't tell. I don't know why you’re hiding it but in must be a bloody good reason. Just tell me, please? I'm beginning you. I just want to know the truth in the web of lies for once. Please," she said the last please quieter than the rest of her affective rant. I came crumbling in to her, despite knowing the risks, but for once, I thought what the hell. Heroes don't come along in prosperous times.

"You can't though! You can't know I'm your sister if you know then Mario will kill you & our family in a horrid way! You can't know about me or about Austin, but you know what? I have stayed updated on every detail of your life for the past 10 years from the paps & I can't imagine it. So, I'll tell you because that's what big sisters do. I'm your sister. Do you see that boy at the bottom of the hill?" I say pointing to Austin yelling at Andy & Marco to stop goofing off,

"That's Ausy, Or Austin. And he's your brother. We’ll be there for you no matter what, bug right now, we have to protect you. So don't utter a word of this to anyone." I say take a breath after my rant. Then I begin what I know she doesn't know yet.

"Mario was in love with Darcy’s mom, when she died he blamed it on harry and tried to kidnap his kids. He wound up with all of us, won’t give us back anytime soon, and threatened to kill is & you if we tell you. Happy?" I heaved after the short summary and turned around. The first official conversation with my sister, not at all how I pictured it.

"Thank you." She whispered crossing her arms in the chilled air. The look in her eyes was all I needed to know that she won't dare speak of this to anyone; it will be her own little secret. Delaney started to whine of the cold and Jackson and Jason got bored so we headed in. I threw one last look over to my sister, her long stick legs covered in blues jeans, that lead in to gray knit uggs, extend from her grey pea coat where her hands are located comfily in the pockets. Her brown wavy hair flows from her beanie and is tossed in the wind. My eyes advert to Austin, Chase, Andy & Marco driving the gators full if firewood ups the hill.

I finally turn around and walk away like nothing happened.

—•——•——•——•——•——•

Lux POV.

After our main chores, Marco yanks us into his office. We all stand in a straight line, no idea why he wants all 9 of us.

"They said that for their next," he paused and looked up to us "challenge," he said with quotes & an eye roll. I couldn't agree more with him for once; he looks back down as his counties, "Requires body guards & chauffeurs. For some reason that requested you 9," he looked up & you could see the anger thriving through his eyes.

"And. I. couldn't. Say. No." He gritted through his teeth extra emphases on each word. His eyes roamed us looking for his next victim.

"I think it was Aubrey who raised suspicions," say Mario sending death glares her way. He nodded his head & 2 guards spurn out from the back of the room. Grabbing Aubrey, 2 more holding back chase & Austin. We all known he doesn’t suspect her, he just wants her as an example. He grabs her wrist from one guard as the other forces her on her knees and pulls a death grip on the back of her hair. Mario takes a knife, twirling it like a baton between his fingers. Her finally stops and brings it to her trembling arm. He drags it slowly, but deeply, across. She muffles a scream, stronger then he thinks. Andy grabs my hand as he grabs his sister too. Protect his sister, best friend & everyone else had always been in his thoughts. Mario finally pulls the blade away from her wrist. He brings out white gaze and wraps it hurriedly before pushing her away from the desk.

"There waiting for you. NOW GO!" He screams the last part pointing at the door. We all march out as fast as humanely possible. We book it down the steps & hardly stop to grab our jackets before heading out to the already loaded & on cars. The great thing about having your own driving age, it's 9. Yea, 9. It makes me really want to own my own country.  We each had a 'band' or 2 girl groups for a child of each & 2 boy groups a child from each excluding Niall. I mental added 'my Dad' at the end but then slapped myself when I climbed into 1 of the 9 big black Lincoln Navigators. I glimpses in the back and groan. I got stuck with a girl group. Let the annoying squeals beginning.

Chases POV

I climb into the 3rd pitch black navigator under the snow ridden overhang. I looked in my rearview mirror to see guess who? Niall & Harry. Harry and Niall shot knowing looks to one another as soon as I got in. Soon Aubrey was climbing into the seat next to me mumbling something bout only 8 cars. Her eyes were blood shoot and her head rested on the window. Harry & Niall whispered in the back for a few seconds their eyes never leaving Aubrey & I. As the cars start to move out from the U-driveway Harry leans forward and tries to make freaking conversation.

"So, the worker with the Niall in her hand should pretty hurt huh?" He said looking between us. A worker with a nail in her hand? What was he smoking? Then I receive some brief splotchy memory of Darcy saying that as an excuse for Lux’s screams. When Mario turned Lux’s back into his own personal canvas of cruel words, his paint brush a newly sharpened knife. Andy beyond mad when he found out but none of the girls saw it. He started starring at Aubrey again as he leans forward. I eye him weirdly. When he realize neither Aubrey nor I will respond he takes another shot.

"What happened to your arm?" He questioned obliviously not about to lighten up.'

"Nothing," Aubrey stated in a shaken voice.

"Bullshit! Just like the worker screaming, what the hell is going on? Who's treating you like this?" He's now fuming now as he crashes back into his seat.

"Why won't you tell us anything? Why won't you let us help you?"  He asked getting louder Aubrey’s jaw trembled. He got straight to the point, just like Darcy. 'Don't snap Audi, don't scream out at him in pure rage. It a stupid move, something I would totally do, but not you' I telepathically send to her. I doubt she'll get the message though.

"Harry....." Niall says in a whisper. I almost forgot he was there. I look in the rearview mirror again to see Naill sending urgent looks to Harry as he nods to Aubrey. I pull up as Harry states, "I'm sorry. Are you okay though?" He asks as I park the car.

"Chase come on let's give them time alone," Niall stares from the back seat. It takes everything in me not to respond to my name and give him a look instead.  A look of "I'm-not-chase-who-the-heck-is-chase?-I-don't-know-but-I'm-not-him-for-sure,’ It takes him a minute.

"Oh right, sorry I never asked your name, you look like a Chase," he says.

"Close. Chad." My eyes never leave his as we start to bicker.

"Chad?"

"Yeah, chad,"

“Like the country?’

“like the country,’

"We'll, CHAD, give us time alone will you?"

"No,"

"No? What? Why?"

"Because I don't know you or your buddy here. You could be rapists, a serial Killer or an avid my little pony collector but I'm not leaving you alone in the car with her."

Niall looks defeated at my comeback till he stifles a laugh at that last part. I roll my eyes are Aubrey goes to open her door at the same time as me. Then there was a dreading clicking sound signaling they locked the doors. I looked down at the counsel to see a hand there holding the lock button. "Not till we get answers," Harry states quietly and calmly. Aubrey has panic written all over her face. She doesn't want to go through more pain.

"Let. Us. Out." I say through my gritted teeth. I would do it but the only lock & unlock buttons are in the middle, currently covered by his hand.

"No,"

Now I’m ready to make a shiner over those green eyes of his.

"You don't understand. Please just, just at least let her out," I plead. I wouldn't be able to stand it of Aubrey had to go through more pain. Not to mention Austin would kill me for not protecting her, if I didn't already kill myself. Aubrey's knees up to her trembling chest makes her looked pained and defeated. Something she should be at a minimal. Niall and Harry take in the sane sight at me, Harry finally concludes it not worth is and unlocks the doors. I pop out, rip open his door run across and do the same to Aubrey's before crushing her in my arms. Hey, hugs are magical. I smelled her sweet light brown tousled wavy hair and fruity perfume. She trembled with her hands to my chest. At some point she stops pushes me away and rolls her eyes.

"Flirt," she proclaims before sauntering off. Niall and Harry are nowhere to be seen so they must be inside. I chuckle to myself. Aubrey's back.

—•——•——•——•——•——•

Louis POV

Reid comes bouncing over like the crazy 5 year old he is and starts to eye the candy. He begins to run but I scoop him up before he gets any closer. He puts this adorable little pout on his face and I realized why it was always so hard to say no. I'm too damn cute! Reid was a perfect replica of me, so the proof was all before my eyes. So I almost did what my dad did. Blame it on the mother. Then I realize that didn't exactly work out, and I plan to die holding Eleanor's hand soooo..... Instead I distract him. I swoop him under my legs and then pull him back up, until he starts to giggle which soon expands to a fit of laughter. I chuckle along with my son; the whole room brightens with his laughter’s presence. A tap on my shoulder makes me whirl around to face Harry rubbing the back of his neck staring at the ground. He looked around before whispering,

"Aubrey has her wrist wrapped with blood seeping through," my body tenses faster than Husain Bolt speeds on the Race track. "But, Chase is outside comforting her," he says with a smirk. My eyes are pulled to someone walking in like a magnet to a fridge.

"Not anymore," I say as Aubrey pushes her wavy brown hair back behind her ear. She looks like a new kid at a super clique school. The rest of the "Servants" are in a back rooming preparing snacks and such her brown eyes skim the room lingering on mine unsteadily & unsure for a few seconds longer. A man who came with us from the B&B is standing in front of her, hissing more than a snake as she cringes back. This dude is bigger & burlier then a bear, he's like Bigfoot. I walk over to save her but right when I open my mouth someone else's words come out.

"I'm sorry it's my fault. I dropped the keys between the seats and she had to use her stick thin arms to get them for me," a tiny Harry said next to her as her waved her arm in front of the guys face before she ripped it from his grasp. He smiled cheekily in return to the death glare she was sending him. Better not get her the 160 ways to kill a person with a piece of grass for Christmas.....Everyone dropped silently as they noticed the new arrivals. All the girls were busy swooning over tiny Harry & all the guys were sending him glaring daggers. Bigfoot looks between tiny Harry & scans the observing crowd. He finally adverts his eyes back to tiny Harry. He grunts and nods his head in the direction of the door behind the abandoned concession stand. Everyone watches them move swiftly across the floor, disappearing behind two hideous green swinging doors. Reid was the one who breaks the noticeable quiet.

"Daddy was that the lost sissy you’re looking for?" He exclaims louder than an opera singer. Reid loves, & has a tendency, to make everything super awkward in a second; I told you he was a perfect replica of me.

"Um..... Well..... I don't know.... “ that was my genius response.

"The movie is ready to begin," cried out god from somewhere, who apparently Italian due to his thick accent. I turn to walk into the theater when I see a balcony with a small Italian man on it with an awesome handle bar mustache. Oops, sorry not god.

"If only I could pull that off....." Niall wonders out loud admiring the dudes 'stach.

"Niall, everyone wants to be able to pull that off, but everyone winds up looking like hey just stepped out of the 70's" Harry said as he walked off with the two 'chase’s & two 'Darcy's. I roll my leather brown eyes at my two odd friends, still not at all normal or mature after all these years, not that I can talk.... I take my seat between the 'Aubrey's & Eleanor takes her between the 'Austin's Emmalise sits with Reid & Harry in front of us. I see what I believe to be, real Darcy walk towards us. The real Aubrey, whose behind real Darcy, veers off in the direction of Niall & his Lux’s. I feel disappointment when she doesn't come our way. There all varying odd light & dark blue pin striped bins packed to the brim with unhealthy snack food.

"Snacks?" Darcy asks Taylor showing up beside her, there to help obviously. All of the contested order with their food Being tossed to them by Taylor.

"A bag of crisps and a water please," I say waiting for Taylor to toss it to me. 

As her hand out stretches I notice her arm. She snatches it back and retreats slowly knowing that I've seen it.  She seems to have found the cure for cancer on the ground she studying it so hard. What's the heck is going on? Not only is Aubrey's hurt, so is Taylor. Are the rest of them? All I could do the rest of the movie is worry a lot more then I should not even catching the title, much less the story line. I'm lost in my thoughts like a wandered off curious 6 year old in the Brazilian rain forest.

—•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——•——--

Comment and vote! Q; Dose anyone actually read this? justt wonderingggg

SEX SEX SEX OHH!!! good now i have your attention. Could you go check out my short story, 'Stand by Them' ?? Its REALLY imporant that you do its a message to all the fans of 1D. Cool thanks dude!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

253K 3.4K 37
Elle Parks. At a young age, she experienced a car accident, losing your parents ain't that easy. She was put on the orphanage, waiting everyday for j...
5.3K 132 28
Kai and Louis were best friends when they were little but when Kai moves to Australia they lose contact. Seven years later Kai is back in England wit...
1.9K 73 42
Catherine has a difficult time with relationships; none have worked out because the guys were either dared to ask her out or they cheated on her. Whe...
4.7K 201 81
I am rating this story PG13 due to language and just a little bit of sexual activity (kissing/making out)...