The Beautiful Tragic Us (Eren...

By vanillasunlight

"Mikasa, I'm ready to leave everything behind for you. I love you." "Eren..We can't be together.." His tears... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Wedding
Chapter 2: Please
Chapter 3: Where It All Began
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 5: The Knock
Chapter 6: Reborn
Chapter 7: Talent
Chapter 8: Overreacting
Chapter 9: New
Chapter 10: Rivals
Chapter 11: Good night
Chapter 12: Gut Feeling
Chapter 13: The Day
Chapter 14: Someone
Chapter 15: Reward
Chapter 16: Kiss
Chapter 17: Don't want
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 20: You Never Know
Chapter 21: Dinner
Chapter 22: Movie Time
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: Only One
Chapter 25: Heaven
Chapter 26: Capable
Chapter 27: Act like it
Chapter 28: Ackermans
Chapter 29: Don't
Chapter 30: After Party
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Baby
Chapter 33: Never Let Go
Chapter 34: She's Gone
Chapter 35: Divided
Chapter 36: Fate
Chapter 37: Dress
Chapter 38: Want
Chapter 39: Euphoric
Chapter 40: Again
Chapter 41: Game Over
Chapter 42: The Gift
Chapter 43: Heartbeat
Chapter 44: Alive
Chapter 45: Last Night
Chapter 46: The Search
Chapter 47: Training
Chapter 48: The Second Time
Chapter 49: Offer
Chapter 50: Unplanned Wedding
Chapter 51: Manners
Chapter 52: Flashbacks
Chapter 53: Family
Chapter 54: Babies
Chapter 55: The Bag
Chapter 56: What If
Chapter 58: You Think
Chapter 59: An Owe
Chapter 60: Avenge
Chapter 61: Annoy
Chapter 62: Protect
Chapter 63: Elders
Chapter 64: Ring
Chapter 65: Trust Me
Chapter 66: Turmoil
Chapter 67: Worries
Chapter 68: Puppet
Chapter 69: Thank You
Chapter 70: Part of Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 57: Remember

1.4K 42 36
By vanillasunlight

Mikasa's POV

"I can't believe we are complete today. This is the best birthday for me after years. I'm so glad that you are here with us Mikasa, Eren, Zeke..I couldn't ask for more." Carla cried as she welcomed the two of us.

She gave me a long hug saying how much she missed me and cried in Eren's arms.

"Mom, don't cry. Today is your birthday. You're ruining it." Eren said and Carla nodded apologizing why she cried. I just smiled at them.

"I really can't help it. Everyone is here. This is already more than enough." She said as she held the bouquet Eren bought for her and the flowers Zeke also bought for her.

I never thought I could come back to this house again. I looked at its view outside and sighed. I noticed Grisha coming over to us while Zeke was talking still talking to Eren.

"Eren, I'm happy that you came back home, my son." Grisha spoke as Eren faced him.

"I'm only here because it's my mother's birthday. I didn't come here for something else." Eren said coldly.

My mouth hanged open at Grisha didn't talk back but instead lowered his gaze. He looked like he was turned down. Eren held my hand and pulled me closer towards him.

"So everyone? What would you like to eat? I prepared a lot of food today." Carla cheerfully said as she motioned Zeke and all of us to go inside.

Grisha remained silent all the time as I made my way towards Alice, Zeke's white furred dog.

"Hello, Alice. It's good to see you back. I missed you." I said as I hugged the dog in front of me and she licked my face.

"Uhhh Zeke! Put your dog away will you. She's kissing someone's wife." Eren rolled his eyes as he sat on the couch.

He became grumpy as soon as we came here and he was met with Grisha. After being gone for years, I could say something really happened between the two that is still unresolved today.

"It's alright Eren. Alice doesn't bite. She's a good girl." I said as I patted the dog head few times and she barked.

"Ew. Mikasa. Don't come near me after you touched Alice. I don't want allergies." He spoke which made me laugh.

Since when did he became such a clean freak? I never knew about this since his room was so messy before remember.

"Hmm my little brother, I think Alice is pretty much more clean than you are." Zeke's laughter filled the whole house and Eren had to cover his ears, he was so annoyed.

I went to the kitchen to help Carla. The gift was left inside the car for a surprise. Eren said he will get it later.

"Carla, I want to help." I said as I tried to put the plates on the table.

"Mikasa, oh my goodness! A princess like you shouldn't be doing things like this. Just put it there I will do it." Carla laughs as she tried to get me to sit.

"Please, Carla. I am not a princess in this house. I am your daughter, you are my mom." I smiled at her and saw how her tears drop.

"Carla? Why are you crying are you okay?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, I'm just really happy that you are finally back here with us. I don't know what I'll do anymore if you really completely abandoned all of us my child. A lot of things have happened for years while you were gone." She smiled as she breathed heavily and I felt my heart getting squeezed each second as it became heavy.

"I'm really sorry for not saying anything to you or anyone Carla. I feel responsible for all of this. I am really sorry. I just don't want you to stop me and I could not know the truth behind my family. I am so sorry." I said as I looked down.

"Darling, what are you saying? You here is already enough for me. Let's just forget the past and create new memories is that fine with you?" He grinned at me as she wiped my tears and I did the same way, like we usually do when we are alone in the kitchen before.

"I love you Carla. Thank you being the best Mom. I would never forget about how kind you are." I said as I hugged her.

"Me too, my dear. I'm glad I have someone like you in my life." She says as she pats my back.

"Carla? Is Eren and Grisha okay?" I suddenly asked which made her smile drop as she proceeded to washing the dishes.

Something really happened back then when I left.

"No, they are not in good terms darling. Things never got the same after I learned about Zeke. But it's not like I hate him or what. I accepted Zeke as my own son and I forgave Grisha for what he did. But unfortunately, Eren couldn't forgive his father for what he did to us." She spoke slowly as I listened trying not to made any sound.

Maybe I could understand Eren more if I listened to her.

"I told him that I wanted Zeke to live here with us and he agreed but he still didn't forgive Grisha. He even went mad and didn't talk to me for weeks because I still forgave him after what he did. He can't accept that he has an older brother from another woman and that his dad cheated on me." Carla's voice sounded to broken as she continued to what she was doing.

I see. Eren really got to hate Grisha. But why? Is it because he was hard on him when he was still studying a medical course? Or is it because Grisha was also against the two of us? I don't know. I don't want to conclude or anything.

"Grisha's father took that as a chance to visit Eren more often even if he had difficulty walking because of this." Carla continued and I balled my fists as soon as I heard grandpa's name.

"What did he do to Eren, Carla? Tell me." I spoke. Is he the reason why he changed?

"Nothing. He didn't do anything at all and Eren was always at his room. He barely went out during those years. I remember Armin and your friends visiting him and he only comes out when he wants to. He kind of hated me too for still being with Grisha and not hating him for having another son." She added.

"But I'm just really glad that she started talking to me again like he used to before. Maybe it was because you came. I never really saw Eren when he chose to live with his grandpa and left us. I was fine with it, as long as I could see my son is happy." She smiled at me.

"But really...After Armin and Annie's wedding. Things became much worse. I didn't know what happened but Eren became so distant than he was before and only talked to his grandfather. He never talked to me nor to Zeke especially to his dad. Not even to Armin and all your friends. And you just disappeared...I never saw you again, until he said he's getting married...to you..." She breathed as she looked at me.

I felt my heart started beating like crazy now Carla is looking at me.

"Mikasa..Did you know what happened to Eren that day? Did you talk with him?" Her words shoot straight to my heart like knives that I have always avoided all this time.

Carla was looking intently at me and I swallowed the lump on my throat. I could feel my body shaking just how she looked at me.

"Mikasa? Are you okay? You look pale are you sick?" She said as she checked my face touching my forehead.

"Mom? What happened?" I heard Eren's voice behind me and I started sweating profusely.

"I-I am fine. I just felt hot I need some air. Excuse me." I smiled at them as I excused myself.

I slowly sat at bench outside near the garden. I rubbed my face and slapped myself a few time to wake myself up. I calmed my self for a minutes and looked at the flowers around it.

I really hurt him. A lot. That's why he became cold and distant to everyone. Including his very own mother. It was because of that night. I sighed.

"Mikasa, are you sure you're okay?" Eren suddenly came behind me and checked my forehead.

"You don't have fever thank goodness." He sighed in relief as he took a seat next to me.

"Eren, why are you ignoring Grisha?" I slowly asked as I looked at him.

"Who is that person? Do I know him?" He chuckled and I looked down.

Of course. He is mad at him for what he did but it's not like he can do anything about it. It was done. He already has a brother now and he has to accept that.

"I really want you two to go back to how you used to be." I spoke slowly.

Me cleared his throat and looked far away.

"Why would I? Did he even apologized to my Mom? And my Mom just accepted him like nothing happened? Pathetic." He said. He is mad for real.

"No, you shouldn't speak something like that to your parents. They are still your parents no matter what. You should talk things out and understand each other's feelings." I spoke and I looked at him.

He chuckled at my statement for a while and I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows. He looked like he is making fun of what I just said.

"I really can't believe these words will come out from someone who also left me. Coming from you." He spoke as she smiled looking at the front of the two of us.

"Eren...It's not my intention to leave you without a word..I just don't want you to get sad over those..." I said trying to explain everything I have done to him but he cut me off.

"Shut up. I don't want to talk about it." He said and he abruptly stood up.

"Get back inside. We'll be having dinner." He commands and I nodded my eyes filled with tears threatening to fall any minute making my vision blurry.

Now, he even hates me. He hates everyone.

I blinked as many times as I want and fixed myself before I went back inside like nothing happened although my heart is getting stabbed.

"Tell me Mikasa. Why did you two married earlier than we expected when we haven't seen you for years together?" Zeke suddenly asked while we were all eating silently.

"We were secretly dating. I just want to keep it lowkey and private." Eren says and I remained silent.

"Bro I am asking her. Save it. I will ask you some details later." Zeke winked and laughed.

"I'm just really happy you two ended up together. It's a dream come true for me." Carla cooed as she looked at the two of us and I tried flashing her a smile.

"I am happy for both of you." Grisha says and I nodded at him.

"How are you Mikasa? How was Japan for you?" Grisha suddenly asked which made me gulped. I tried not to lose my composure as I noticed how Eren stopped eating.

"It was a very beautiful place. Everything is peaceful and clean." I spoke as I took a bite at my dessert.

"Wow! I really want to visit Japan soon. Where exactly in Japan were you staying Mikasa?" Carla asked.

"Shibuya. But most of the time, I am at home in Kyoto." I smiled.

"Why don't we watch some movies today? Anyone? Do you want some good movies to watch?" Zeke asked everyone and Carla agreed and the dog barked.

"Mom, we can't stay this late. Mikasa is already tired, it will be bad for the babies health." Eren said as he handed the gift to her mom.

"Oh myyyy...what?! You are pregnant Mikasa?" She exclaimed happily and I shoot daggers towards Eren.

"Ah..Uhhh.." I tried to speak up but nothing comes out from my mouth. Shit. Shit Eren. I thought he is going to stop it?!

"Bro. We really need a lot of talking. Congratulations! So I'm already an Uncle then?" Zeke laughed and they did a fist bump with Eren.

Oh my God!! I want to scream so bad but I can't. He was mad but he suddenly started joking about this pregnancy thing again?!

"You said she's tired right? Why don't you two just sleep here tonight. Your rooms are still here you know. I never really touched anything and it's all clean." Carla cheered as she hugged me and I patted her bag glaring at Eren who smirked at me.

"I'm fine with that Mom. Besides, I'm actually sleepy right now. Is it okay if we excuse our self first from you?" Eren asked and everyone agreed.

"Of course. Why not my son?! That is still yours and Mikasa's room. Zeke's room is on the left side further." Carla said as she pointed at the doors on the second floor.

I see. They really added an extra room for Zeke and didn't touch our things like we are still here.

"We'll head to bed first. We'll just sleep on my bed. Good night mom! Happy birthday." Eren said as he hugged her mother and nodded to Zeke still ignoring Grisha.

"Good night everyone. I apologize we won't be joining you in your movie watching. Happy birthday Carla. Enjoy!" I spoke as I kissed her cheer and bowed politely to Grisha and Zeke.

Eren held my hand immediately as soon as I was done and pulled me towards upstairs.

I remembered how I looked at every inch of this house before I left crying early in the morning. I am so happy I did came back after all it was fulfilling.

I looked at the door to my room and smiled as I remember how Eren used to take care of me before especially when I got sick.

Eren opened the door to his room and I was welcomed to the same design and arrangement of his dragon ball collections. His books. His bed. Everything still screams like the day I left him and I felt like crying. It's like a deja vu and I'm here once again.

Eren closed the door behind him and I felt warm hands wrapped around me from behind.

"I'm sorry to whatever I said earlier. I was just mad." He whispered and I nodded as he tightened his hug.

I rubbed circles on his palms as we stood there for a few minutes before he started kissing my hair.

I felt his kisses tickled as he slowly moved my hair to the other side to gain him more access to my neck. He kissed me there while he still hugged me from behind and I can't help but feel weak and I tilted my head to make him kiss it better.

Oh God Eren. I'm going crazy with his kiss today. I don't know why but I want him to kiss me more.

"Damn. I fucking miss you so much Mikasa I want you to remember everything about me again." He said almost a whisper as he suddenly flipped our positions and pinned me by the door.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Author's Note:

Hi. I've been seeing leaks lately and I don't want to believe it but it kinda made an impact on me as a fic writer. I don't feel like getting this story more exciting like I enthusiastically said before although I badly want to write the most beautiful thing Isayama never gave us(ijk i will make this masterpiece unforgettable).

Maybe I just need some refreshments. I want to love eremika again without thinking of spoilers and whatever. I really want to get away from twitter so bad. I don't want to mess up how adore this ship since season 1. I feel like crying. I really love the two of them. Eren sacrificed himself for everyone's sake yet he didn't even get to have a happy life. 4 years is not enough for eremika's peaceful life they deserve a lifetime after all those battles. For me, the ending really got messed up pretty bad this time. Mikasa, known for her loyalty, it was realistic but painful, she moved on. But I had to break it to you, I'm sorry. In my eyes, Mikasa Ackerman truly loves only one man. She may find someone new but it will never be him. Nothing compares to how she feels about Eren. He was her soulmate.

Rest assured I will finish this story. I'm just really a little upset because of the leaks plus stupid comments that can ruin your day.

I just want to say that I love Eren so much. He deserved to be more than being born. My heart bleeds for him.

If Isayama cant give us Eremika happy ending, we fic writers, we got you. ♡♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.2K 48
An arrangement between a gay and his best friend? _______ Mikasa had been in love with Eren ever since they were kids but when she found out that he...
26.7K 820 7
Eren loves Levi with all his heart, but when Levi begins to show the boy less affection, Eren gets emotionally distraught. So he breaks up with Levi...
90K 2.9K 90
SEASON 4 + ENDING SPOILER! Modern x AOT universe ─── ∘°❉°∘ ─── "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕥'𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦. 𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕓𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕝...
530K 20.9K 123
[COMPLETED] "(Y/N), after everything we've been through, I have become certain of one thing. I love you. Having to stay away from you for so long onl...