The Beautiful Tragic Us (Eren...

By vanillasunlight

"Mikasa, I'm ready to leave everything behind for you. I love you." "Eren..We can't be together.." His tears... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Wedding
Chapter 2: Please
Chapter 3: Where It All Began
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 5: The Knock
Chapter 6: Reborn
Chapter 7: Talent
Chapter 8: Overreacting
Chapter 9: New
Chapter 10: Rivals
Chapter 11: Good night
Chapter 12: Gut Feeling
Chapter 13: The Day
Chapter 14: Someone
Chapter 15: Reward
Chapter 16: Kiss
Chapter 17: Don't want
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 20: You Never Know
Chapter 21: Dinner
Chapter 22: Movie Time
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: Only One
Chapter 25: Heaven
Chapter 26: Capable
Chapter 27: Act like it
Chapter 28: Ackermans
Chapter 29: Don't
Chapter 30: After Party
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Baby
Chapter 33: Never Let Go
Chapter 34: She's Gone
Chapter 35: Divided
Chapter 36: Fate
Chapter 37: Dress
Chapter 38: Want
Chapter 39: Euphoric
Chapter 40: Again
Chapter 41: Game Over
Chapter 42: The Gift
Chapter 43: Heartbeat
Chapter 44: Alive
Chapter 45: Last Night
Chapter 46: The Search
Chapter 47: Training
Chapter 48: The Second Time
Chapter 49: Offer
Chapter 50: Unplanned Wedding
Chapter 51: Manners
Chapter 52: Flashbacks
Chapter 53: Family
Chapter 54: Babies
Chapter 55: The Bag
Chapter 57: Remember
Chapter 58: You Think
Chapter 59: An Owe
Chapter 60: Avenge
Chapter 61: Annoy
Chapter 62: Protect
Chapter 63: Elders
Chapter 64: Ring
Chapter 65: Trust Me
Chapter 66: Turmoil
Chapter 67: Worries
Chapter 68: Puppet
Chapter 69: Thank You
Chapter 70: Part of Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 56: What If

1.3K 39 11
By vanillasunlight

Mikasa's POV

"No, baby. Don't say that." Eren said as he hugged me and repeatedly kissed my head.

"Shhh. I would never feel bad about you. Why would I? I love you." He said and I closed my eyes hugging him back. I can feel him exhaling while he hugs me tight towards him.

This one of the things I really feared. The day someone will humiliate us in public. I never thought this day will come despite the two of us already married. 

In the eyes of everyone who met us and thought of us as siblings, it will always be incest.

"Why does she have to say it out loud." I said as I wiped my own tears and Eren helped me. His eyes are filled with concern all over me. I know he is also feeling the same way and I want him to know that I am here for him.

"Do you want to eat something nice?" He asked as soon as I calmed down.

"I have to find a gift for Carla first." I spoke pouting at how ruined my day can get.

"No, we'll eat first okay. Let's have it later." He said as he pulled me towards a café.

Eren ordered some vanilla cake and tea for me and did the same for him. He paid for it insisting I should follow him as my husband or he will cite the terms again in front of me.

"Feel better now?" He asked as I finished my cake.

"Thank you. I'm better." I said and I stood up to where I was seated and hugged him.

"Thank you baby." I spoke and he didn't move.

"You're welcome my princess." He spoke softly and I swear the butterflies in my stomach intensified.

"Babe, can I drop you at the shop you want to buy? I'll just make some calls." He said and I nodded.

"No problem. I'll just wait here." I said smiling at him.

Thank you, Eren. I feel better now thanks to you.

He kissed my head and went away slowly as I faced the bags in front of me.

"Hmmm.." I hummed as I scanned for the bags. They all are beautiful.

The biggest flex for being rich is not to look for the prices anymore. You could just even buy the whole mall if you want. Somehow, it made my life really easier considering we are not much before.

"How can I help you miss? Are you looking for a gift?" The sales lady went to me.

"Yes please. What's your latest most expensive product?" I asked the sales lady and she guided me to a particular area.

"Here Ma'am. This is Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse." She said as she handed me the bag.

"I'm getting this bag please." I said and she nodded then went to the counter.

I was looking at the cashier when someone cleared his throat at my back. I looked back to see who it is and saw Eren carrying two bouquets on each of his hand. One are roses and the other one are white chocolates.

"Eren.." I spoke softly as he went closer towards me.

"I just know my wife needs some of her favorites." He chuckled as he handed me the bouquet of white chocolates. I think I'm flashing the widest grin right now as I received the gift from his hand while hitting him lightly. I could feel my cheeks heating up because of this.

"Thank you. This is so pretty." I said as I hugged the bouquet towards me.

"This one is for mom. My two queens deserve the best." He said as he winked at me and I laughed.

"Making calls huh? So this is what you've been up to." I shook my head facing my back at him. I'm blushing, this sure feels nice.

"I'll just wait outside for you babe." Eren says as he kissed my head. I closed my eyes feeling how soft it was. Gosh, if he stays like this then I will surely melt.

My weakness is the soft Eren. He really is a liar you know? He just actually bought me and Carla a bouquet but pretended he has to take some calls huh? Whatever. I love this soft side of him. I really hope it won't get messed up again.

"Here is your order Ma'am. Have a wonderful day!" The sales lady said as she handed me the paper bag.

"Thank you." I said.

"That's a really pretty bouquet Ma'am. That must be expensive because it's personalized." The sales lady looked so happy at what I was holding.

"Yes. My husband gave it." I said blush creeping on my face. The fact that I don't even deny Eren as my husband really doesn't sit right with how I always said that I hate him for being arrogant and what.

"That's so sweet. Your man is so cool Ma'am. Come back again." She said grinning and I smiled back at her.

"He is. Thank you." I said as I slowly went out of the shop with a smile as I saw Eren's back outside.

"Are you done?" He asks and I nodded looking down at the bouquet he have me.

Is it wrong to say I want him to be like this every time I go out with him? Handing me gifts he could ever think? That would be lovely.

"So what would you like for lunch hmm? We'll go to our house by 5 PM." He said.

Oh? That's still like a lot of time.

"Hmm..anything with you." I spoke all of a sudden and I instantly covered my mouth.

He chuckled and held my hand. Too late. He already heard it my goodness!

"Damn. I really can't stand when you say something like that." He said smiling as he pulled me to a Japanese restaurant.

"I didn't know you can use chopsticks very well." I said surprised of how he can actually eat like that in front of me like he's so used to it.

"Actually, this is my first time to eat in a Japanese restaurant. This is my first time using chopsticks. It felt weird but it's fine actually." He chuckled and my mouth went open.

F-First time? I really like mastered how to eat with chopsticks for 2 weeks and he can do it very well on his first time?! Are you kidding me!

"Eat." He said as he inserts a food on my mouth chuckling. I accepted his food and feed him some more too.

I can't believe it. Just how brilliant Eren can get after those years? The last time I saw him, he looked so miserable and gloomy. The way he even wiped his mouth was so elegant I can't take my eyes off him.

"Someone's staring too much. You want me?" He smirked and I snapped out of my thoughts. I blinked few times and he was already smirking.

"Hmp. No." I immediately looked away.

"I was just curious how you did it. Did someone taught you?" I scoffed as I felt a little irritated. Gosh! What am I doing! I think I'm going crazy I always ask questions about him. But it's fine to ask if some girl errr taught him like this. I would be so mad not to find out.

"I just read some books. I learned it by myself and with you." He said as he held my hand that is resting on the table. I gulped and looked away. There's this damn insects again as I sighed in relief.

Shit. How come he still have this kind of impact for me after everything?

"Oh my God! I want to watch a horror movie!! Eren, I want to watch Gretel and Hansel!" I spoke cheerfully as soon as we walked by the screen flashed near the movie place.

"Mikasa, can we like watch other movie? Just not horror movie I hate it." He was looking away afraid of the movie poster being flashed.

I smirked. Hmmmm this sure brings back so much memories to both of us except we do it before in our house.

"But I love it. I want to watch it with you. Fine, let's just go home." I flashed him my cutest pout as I slowly moved away from him but he stopped me, muttering some curses like he's about to make the hardest decision in his life. I smirked.

I heard him heave a deep sigh as he tilted his head as if showing me he give up. I immediately hugged him.

"Thank you." I said and kissed his cheek before I went to the ticket booth. 

It took him minutes to come back to my side as I ordered tickets for us.

"Keep the change." He said as he handed some bills to the counter and glared at me for spending when he was there.

"Not fair! I wanted this so I should be paying." I scoffed and he chuckled. He suddenly patted my head as I was about to buy some snacks and smiled sweetly at me.

My heart skipped a beat at what's in front of me. OH MY GOD. He is so handsome. 

"As long as I'm here, you will never spend your money. You're my responsibility." He said which made my mouth hang open.

"Whatever." I spoke but my lips curled into a smile. I really don't want to tease me that's why I'm hiding my blushing face.

"Heyy!" He spoke as he catch up to me and again paid for the snacks. Ugrhhh! This guy.

"Have I told you that I said yes because I want you to sleep next to me tonight?" Eren suddenly spoke as soon as we entered the cinema and sat on our seat.

What the????

"No, you did not! That's not fair for me!" I scoffed as he chuckled.

"You're not getting away this time Mikasa. You have to sleep with me either or they will find out this is just an act." He sighed and I went silent.

Act.

That was all there is.

Don't tell me the kindness he is showing to me right now is also an act to make everyone believe that we really are a true couple? 

I never spoke as soon as the movie started. Other people in the cinema have been shouting every time a wicked witch comes out but I'm too preoccupied with my thoughts to join the hype. Eren was talking too but I just nod at whatever he says and seldom look at him and smile. I noticed he went silent and I felt something heavy on my left shoulder.

He is sleeping.

"You still haven't change do you?" I spoke softly thinking he will never hear me because of the noise anyway. Back then, he would always fall asleep when we watch horror movies just to avoid getting scared. What a sleepyhead.

I fixed his hair and put it behind his ear. He looked tired. Of course, he didn't get enough sleep last night and I feel bad about it because it was on me. He deserve to rest but my mind is screaming for everything that happened recently. 

What will I do if this is really just part of the contract?

What will I do if he won't keep the promise he made to give me the land?

What will I do if I fall again too deeply and he was just actually playing?

I don't know. I would probably go insane. 

Imagine, he does all these things for me all because we have signed a contract. He is obligated to do the duties of a husband as am I as his lawfully wife. Maybe, it really is best to keep my distance as much as necessary. Maybe I should never lose sight of that goal just to save myself, my heart from being broken again.

I don't want to feel the pain I felt the day I left him the first time, and the second time. I don't want to lose myself again.

"You don't know how much you mean to me. How I wish I can read your mind, Eren." I spoke softly my eyes glistening with the tears I tried to keep from overthinking but I wiped it immediately. 

I kissed his forehead and continued watching the movie myself while he slept, trying not to move an inch so he can have his rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 23.9K 69
CONTAINS SPOILERS Also contains mature themes, coarse language, sexual themes, etc. Tears stream down his cheeks, but he doesn't cry. His eyes grow...
625 28 13
After Eren and Mikasa run away together from Marley, an unexpected letter reaches Armin a year later and starts a chain of events the trio never imag...
20.1K 207 15
Jean and Mikasa consensually decided to get married 3 years after the rumbling. Will it just be one sided love? This is erotica. Cover Photo, credit...
6K 156 32
Bringing Eren Yeager back to life, Ymir connects him to Mikasa. Allowing them to feel each other's physical pains. Forced to run away from Erens cho...