What!? I'm a Healing Dragon!?

By AwayAnimal81

A man on his way to work saw a strange brand of energy drink in a convenience store. There was only one bottl... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1: A Hard Choice, Help Me!
Chapter 2: I Have Surpassed Expectations!
Chapter 3: I Am Free!
Chapter 4: Brewing Trouble, Will We Survive?
Chapter 5: Dad Is In Danger, Let's Heal Him!
Chapter 6: Dragon Spotted!
Chapter 7: The Decent of The "Protagonist"?
Chapter 8: It's Not Just Me Who Knows.
Chapter 9: Scary Thoughts, Scary Sisters.
Chapter 10: You're Out of Luck, Lux!
Chapter 11: Expected Consequences.
Chapter 12: A Change For The Better?
Chapter 13: The Prodigy Healer.
Chapter 14: Who Was That?
Chapter 15: A Childhood Promise.
Chapter 16: Never Enough Time.
Chapter 17: Innocence And The Corrupted.
Chapter 18: Flight School.
Chapter 19: Little Miss Perfect.
Chapter 20: Touch Touch.
Chapter 21: Unreasonable Rage.
Chapter 22: Tea Time Restoration.
Chapter 23: Fight For Freedom.
Chapter 24: The Peeping Jane.
Chapter 25: Stamp of Approval.
Chapter 26: Surprise!
Chapter 27: Easy Come, Easy Go.
Chapter 28: What Will it Be?
Chapter 29: Welcome to the Family.
Chapter 31: Breathtaking Battle of Bulls
Chapter 32: A Meeting And A Farewell.
Chapter 33: The Beginnings of War.
Chapter 34: Playing The Fool.
Chapter 35: Mind Games.
Chapter 36: Bandit Scuffles.
Chapter 37: A Quick Visit to The Emperor.
Chapter 38: Suspicions.
Chapter 39: Take Lives to Save Lives
Chapter 40: A Zealot Dragon.
Chapter 41: What Do You Believe In?
Chapter 42: Instincts.
Chapter 43: Mission.
Chapter 44: I'm Getting..?
Chapter 45: Deductions and Destruction.
Chapter 46: Yuri's First Steps in Lionprairie.

Chapter 30: The Dreaded Day.

6.7K 287 217
By AwayAnimal81

-------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

I've never played Fallout: New Vegas, but when Youtube recommended me this, it really spoke out to me. It may or may not show in this chapter.

I present to you this 5,700 worded chapter.

Along with that, I have uploaded two more chapters along with this one in celebration of the 1 year anniversary of this story.

Thank you for reading and following along and I hope your hopes and dreams come true.

Until then, may God be with you.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Detected the creation of the second True Ancestor Dragonoid. Playing log."

A voice played inside my head that I hadn't heard in a while. It was Auto-san's.

Well, let's see what Sans has to say.

"Hello, little healing dragon! It is I, the voice. Muhuahuahua~!"

With a playful laugh, Sans announced his entry uninvited in my head.

"SO! You have completed the task of creating your second Dragonoid? Congrats! It must have been difficult. If this log is playing, that would mean that the second Ture Ancestor was sexually opposite one compared to the first, and I thank you for that. It makes my job easier."

It seemed Sans was a lazy bag of bones that his name takes after.

"This specific log also plays when you have accomplished this goal before the first Scenario. You are perhaps the luckiest dragon in existence. A=8eah=t72=a s=v=="

"Ending log."

With Auto-san's announcement, the log was cut and left me alone again as a weird glitchy effect took over Sans' voice.

The strangeness of it all made me unconsciously look around.

My eyes shifted from my sleeping family, to the exhausted and similarly sleeping Yuri, and then finally Priest, who was still flexing his new arm while he stood watch outside the cave.

All of these people, these characters, each with their own personalities and uniqueness, are special to me each in their own way.

I couldn't help but feel a sense of danger when the log suddenly ended after Sans' words and made me think about these guys for some reason. It made me want to check to see if they were still there.

A sense of apprehension overwhelmed me.

Priest: One of my first encounters and now contract bound lifelong friend. Though I have not known him for long and there is still a lot that he knows that I don't, I felt that there was something amiss.

A beastly instinct bordering intuition.

"Priest," I called out, extending my claw-like hand, but when I realized, I was surrounded by white.

'Huh?'

Before I could understand what was going on, I had suddenly appeared in a plane of white. A white void.

I quickly looked around, seeing nothing but a single blue dot that was seemingly really far away that contrasted with everything I could see.

I stepped toward it. Surely that is where I am supposed to go in this kind of situation.

And that single step brought me right before it.

That blue dot...

Was an actual being.

Now that it war right before me, that blue dot had become extremely large.

Contained within a cage of a blue, crystal-like material, was a purple dragon.

"Freedom..."

The large purple dragon suddenly spoke as if It knew I was there without turning around. It's raised head pointed to the ceiling of the cage; its eyes closed.

"Imprisonment..."

The dragon grabbed one of the bars that made up the cage and said with a solemn tone.

"...It is all an illusion."

And when the dragon squeezed its hand, the bar broke into millions of tiny shards under the strength of the purple dragon. The dragon spread its wings with such speed and strength that the shockwave threatened to knock me down, breaking the cage into trillions of pieces.

The dragon raised the hand that broke the cage up to its face.

"Gravity." The dragon said with a deep inhale of air, "The very pinnacle of draconic magic and birthright. A magic that rivals that of the Gods themselves."

The dragon turned its head towards me with a smile, speaking with a soft voice,

"Hello, little one. I trust that you are the one that I called here?"

My mind went blank. What does he mean? If anything, all the evidence of what is going on should lead to this person being the man behind the messages, Sans, but his voice is clearly different. If Sans' was like an excited adult man's voice, then this guy's voice was like a gentle old man's.

"I don't understand what you mean," I said to the strange dragon, "I was called here?"

"Yes." He spoke softly in an understanding voice, "It seems that you do not understand what is going on, so I will explain."

The dragon coughed to clear his throat as if he was about to give a long speech.

"I am what is known as the First." He spoke, pointing at himself. He raised his right arm and created a black orb that looked similar to a black hole. "And I am the first and only dragon to have the power of Gravity Manipulation."

He made the black hole disappear.

"Due to my power rivalling that of the Gods of this world despite my origins of being a mortal, I was imprisoned here in this white void inside of that cage you saw me break earlier. A bubble within a bubble.

The cage sapped me of my strength and power using the God Metal, Blue Orichalcum, to the point where I could barely even stand or move. But,"

The dragon pointed at me,

"You on the other hand were let loose from the direct control of the Gods themselves for just a moment. I used that moment to bring you here. This was around 2 and a half years ago, and my sapped strength drastically increased the summoning time.

This world can only handle one person at a time, so when I brought you here, the basic principles of this world were broken, allowing for the power of the Blue Orichalcum to go haywire and lose its effectiveness."

Wait, if this world can only handle one person at a time, then what will happen now? 2 and a half years ago? When I got reincarnated?

"Have you ever wondered why some of your scales were purple, little one?"

Huh? Why did he suddenly change the topic?

"It is because you have the power of Gravity Magic too. A dragon's mana comes from the colors of their scales. Though I am unsure if you have met them, Death Dragons wield the power of the Darkness attribute and showcase black scales. Fire Dragons, red scales, Earth dragons, brown scales, and so on. So why is it that you have white and purple scales? It is because... A certain someone tampered here or there."

"By a certain someone, do you mean that voice that plays audio logs inside my mind when certain criteria are complete?"

"No."

The large dragon denied my claim, shaking his head, "That certain someone was me."

When he said that, the white void around us began to crumble. Black visible cracks began to form around us and grow ever bigger with each passing moment.

"If you want to access your powers of gravity magic, just say the words "Receiver of First's Legacy" and you will be automatically gifted my powers. For you see, I'm quite old!" The Dragon laughed at his own joke, "I will not live for much longer, so I hope to pass on most of my power to someone and get revenge on the Gods for imprisoning me here. Of course, you don't have to immediately receive my power, but if you ever find yourself in trouble, just say those words. Please."

The void around us crumbled away faster the more the old Gravity Dragon spoke; a vantablack void replacing the white as fragments began to fall into it.

"Hmm. I see." The Gravity Dragon suddenly said, "Those damned Gods have noticed my escape. Its best I send you back."

The Gravity Dragon put one of his large purple clawed hands on top of my head,

"Little Healing Dragon, this is the final form of Gravity manipulation, the ability to teleport through space and time. A feat I was able to accomplish in my time trapped here a long time ago. I hope that you will be able accomplish my final wish and I bid you good luck."

With those final words, the void of white finally crumbled and was completely erased, replaced with black. I wasn't even able to say goodbye to the old Gravity Dragon. Though I was a victim of his one-sided conversations and demands, I kinda feel bad for not being able to do anything for him aside for listening to his dying wish.

With my eyes still wide open, the color of the cave slowly started to fill my eyes again slowly as If I was temporarily blind and my eyes were reaffixing themselves.

"Hmm." I mumbled when my sight had fully returned,

"Lady Isis, you called me?"

Startled for a second by Priest's words, I remembered that I had called out to him before I appeared in that white void. Priest had holstered his blade in the scabbard he always had on his waist. Priest kneeled on one knee as if he was in the throne room of a king for some reason.

"I did..." I answered, not sure what to say anymore since I forgot what I was going to ask him, "but I forgot what I was going to say, so you can return to what you were doing."

"At once, my Lady."

Priest bowed his head with his right hand over his heart and returned to the entrance of the cave. He brandished his sword and used it as a leaning tool, the blade easily cutting through the rock.

My own forgetfulness made me think about what I was missing, but I decided not to think about it any further and made my way to the massive pile of leather that my family sleeps on.

Approaching my spot on the massive monster carpet bed, I laid down and slowly drifted off to sleep. I did think about what had just happened with that enigmatic Gravity Dragon, debating as to whether it was a hallucination or a dream, or perhaps even real, but that big thinking tired me out and I fell asleep peacefully.

...

When I woke up, I honestly expected to not wake up in my bed, as that is usually how these supernatural occurrences go, but no, I woke up next to my siblings and parents. Nothing out of the ordinary aside from Yuri now being apart of this family of ours.

I quickly glanced at Yuri who was using her fire magic to start a campfire outside the cave.

Seeing her doing something I could never do, it motivated me to check out what she was doing and I stood up to go talk to her.

I got off the carpet and started to change into my dragonoid form, my shifting about waking my siblings who seemed displeased that their dreams were interrupted.

"Aw man, I was having such a..." Odin complained one he woke up, "I was flying around in the sky like a king and every dragon was flocking around me like I was a God!"

Perhaps still delirious, he started to say unbelievable things as he rolled around, rolling on top of Aqua and waking her up.

Aqua didn't move though. She seemed happy as she pretended to be asleep to receive such treatment from Odin. Who was messing with her thinking she was asleep.

Odin pull open one of her eyelids and cast a light spell, blinding her eye and forcing her to instinctually get up and move away.

"...Odin..." Aqua said in a betrayed tone, "Why..."

Aqua rubbed her eye as she tried to rest them and get them to heal.

"Hahahahaha!" Odin laughed, clearly not sorry, "Get pranked!"

Odin continued to laugh, his laughter ceasing once mom put her hand on his head like a Eagle grasping its prey,

"Oho? What is so funny about that, Odin? Care to explain to me?"

"..."

Odin visibly gulped, his fate sealed for the rest of the day.

Having a giggle of my own at the tragedy of Darth Odin the Stupid, I finally stopped at Yuri's location with a smile on my face.

"Your family seems pretty relaxed." Yuri mumbled with a quiet voice as she engaged in conversation while working on her magic,

"Yeah." I agreed, "They are indeed."

My smile remained on my face as I watched Yuri practice the flow of her magic to make fire.

"...Why are you so impressed by fire magic?"

While I was watching with interested eyes, Yuri finally broke the silence after seeing my face with a sigh.

"Because I can't do it." I admitted.

Quickly giving my perfectly reasonable excuse, Yuri seemed to raise a brow at my answer.

"But you're a dragon? Shouldn't dragons be able to use all kinds of magic?"

"Not particularly, no." I answered while crossing my arms. I closed my eyes and though back to the time when I used the Solomon's Crystal back at Volkshire's Adventurer's Guild. It said that I indeed had an affinity towards other elements, but they were so mediocre they might as well not have showed up at all.

"You say that, but for some reason I can?"

"According to my knowledge, when someone becomes a dragonoid, they have a very rare chance of keeping only one of their old attributes. The chance itself is 1 in 10,000. The fact that you kept not only one, but 4 others, leaves me in awe at your luck."

"Yeah, you said something similar last night."

My tail wagged unconsciously across the ground as I pondered as to if there was a reason that Yuri kept her attributes. Was it because she was summoned to this world?

"Hey Yuri," I called out, her attention focusing on me, "When you were summoned to this world, was there anything or anyone calling themselves God that spoke to you or granted any wishes?"

"Seems like an oddly specific question that only specifically knowledgeable people would ask. No, there was not." Yuri seemed to catch on to a hint that I was reincarnated. I honestly don't even remember if I told her that I was. I don't think I did...

"If anything, when I was summoned, it felt like there was a drastic foundational change to my body similar to what I'm feeling now that I'm a dragonoid."

Yuri dispelled her fire magic and began flexing her wings and touching her horns to emphasize, "Except this time, it feels like a bit of the foundation was destroyed and was rebuilt with a much more modern technique..."

"Care to explain that?" I asked,

"Well..." Yuri said, formulating her words, "To tell you the truth, the overall quality of my mana has drastically increased once I started practicing my spells since I awoke. The thing is, when I was a human, I could slowly feel my mana reserves grow as they refilled over time, but now they fell like they grow even slower in exchange for the big boost in quality."

"Hmm." I frowned. What she said is similar to what I had been feeling whenever I practiced my mana. It felt like to more I used it the longer it took to make it better. Maybe it is because our draconic mana is so high quality that it is hard to make it better? It would explain why practicing with it is starting to become a pain in the ass.

Slightly nodding my head to Yuri's and my own reasoning, I again thought back to when I helped Priest with his wind magic practice and Sans' words about how True Ancestors could become as strong as the Origin Ancestor, but never stronger. The world truly wasn't fair.

I decided once again to try at using magic other than Healing.

"Yuri, can you tell me a flame magic spell?"

Yuri easily nodded her head to my words, a smile on her face,

"Sure."

Yuri told me the spell she used last night to test her ability with fire, "Fly to my enemy and incinerate everything in your path, [Fireball]."

When she said that chant, a small ball of fire appeared in her hands. She dispelled it easily.

"Now you try it."

I nodded, a slight hope and expectation filling me.

"Fly to my enemy and incinerate everything in your path, [Fireball]."

With my right arm extended and eyes closed, I imagined my mana flowing through my body to focus on expelling itself through my right hand, taking the form of a flame. I imagined the heat of fire and the property of destruction that came with it, hoping that would affect the outcome of this experiment.

I felt the flow of my mana leaving my body, signifying that I had in fact used my magic. My heart rate immediately increased, my closed eyes shining with expectation!

I opened my eyes on to reveal...!

...A flame of white.

Like a bucket of ice-cold water pouring over the fires of my passion, my eyes went dead at the sight, albeit intrigued.

I manipulated my spell and brought it closer to my face with a wave of my hand. I wanted to closely examine it.

The produced spell looked like a flame, waved around like a flame, and smelled like it was a flame, but at the same time wasn't a flame.

My curiosity getting the better of me, I touched it with my hand.

"Aht!" I yelped from the pain of my finger burning, "Shit! What the fuck?"

I flailed my left hand that touched the fire in the air like I had just touched a burning stove-top.

I blew on my finger that got burned, "whoo... whoo..."

... what the hell?

My burned finger looked like it was harshly healed.

"My my, what an interesting flame magic." Yuri commented at the circus play of mine, "It seems to have taken on the properties of fire-magic and healing-magic at the same time. I have never heard of combining different attributes like that."

"Hm?"

Surprised at her words, I looked at my finger again and then the flame of white. Using her comment as a basis, I had come to the realization that my spell had quite literally burned and then healed my finger at the same time; It instantly seared my finger and cauterized the wound.

"You say that attributes have never been combined before, why is that?"

"I don't know," Yuri said with a shrug, "It just seems to not be physically possible. I've even tried it myself, but to no avail. Sure you could do something scientific like making wind magic support fire magic, that's for sure, but strictly combining them together? Not possible."

I healed my burned finger, returning it to its original state.

"Well I guess the rules of this world can go fuck themselves then."

When the significance of this discovery finally dawn on me, a smile even grander than when Odin was punished plastered itself on my face. I laughed excitedly.

"...Yuri." I said after calming down from my laughter, "would you mind teaching me other spells?"

Yuri grew a pleasant smile of her own and agreed.

For the rest of the day, I, Yuri, and Priest, all practiced our magic together.

I'll give you a summary of the results of our experiments.

Through trial and error, I was finally able to combine my healing magic with other attributes. The resulting magic would take on the properties of both, but I could only do extremely basic spells of each attribute, nothing more.

A fire spell would do what it did earlier. It would burn and heal its target at the same time. My mind instantly thought of it as a torture mechanism for some demented reason I wish I knew but was happy nonetheless.

A water spell looked like a liquid form of my [Healing Ball] spell rather than a ball of fluff. It tasted like water and could heal internal injuries as it spread across the body after consumption, similar to a potion.

An earth spell that I could manage to do was a mediocre enhancement spell that didn't even last 3 seconds. The enhanced object seemed to expel a healing aura. We experimented on a piece of Priest's clothing and realized that it acted like an automatic regeneration generator, if only for 3 seconds. This meant that I could apply a "Healing Buff" that would allow for a front-liner to heal on the go and not have to worry about coming to me for heals, no matter the distance for as long as the enhancement lasted. This effect also applied to rocks or things used as beds. As long as you were touching it, it would heal you.

The best light spell I could manage was a barrier that was as big and as flat as a pancake. When I managed to be able to make it surround a wound, it acted like a healing barrier; Anything inside of it would be healed. A newly burned finger worked great at testing this.

When we went to using Wind magic, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't work again thanks to my previous two failed attempts at using it resulting in nothing, but this time was different. There was a slight, ever so slight, push of air.

The effects of this were difficult to determine, but I theorized that I would be able to heal a target from a distance away using it. Anyone under the effect of the wind would be slowly healed. Again, it is a theory.

I pumped my fist in the air, extremely excited and happy at the discoveries made today.

They are certain to come in handy.

...

In the darkness of the night, 6 cloaked figures moved about in the forest in a v-shaped formation. They moved about stealthily until they reached Teress village.

The leading figure raised their hand, the ones following instantly stopping on the spot.

"We're close." The figure briefly stated, "11, I want you to find out anything about the dragons in the village and report back to me."

Another figure behind him nodded their head and immediately made its way inside the village.

After around an hour, 11 had returned with her report.

"7, it seems that the village itself barely knows about the dragons aside from 3 idividuals. Even then, their knowledge is extremely limited. The individuals are three men: the Mayor of the town, Grayson, and a father and son pair named Ron and Ray respectively."

"Anything else?"

"All three of them know that there is a family of dragons nearby, but have come to the theoretical conclusion that aside from the confirmed Water Dragon, there is a Light Dragon that is also Ancient Class."

"Hmm..."

7 took in the information with a scratch of his chin, formulating a plan. Dragons were dangerous existences to demons thanks to their natural ability to vanquish demons with their magic.

Speaking of that...

"I heard that a member of the Demon Council was vanquished in this location, did you look into that too?"

"Yes, sir."

"Report."

"A few months ago, the Council Member disguised himself as a travelling merchant and sold mysterious pills that he had modified to turn the consumers into demons to boost our labor forces. Only, a mysterious father and daughter pair resembling extremely humanoid lizardmen came into the village a few hours later and cured the village from the effects of the pills.

The Council Member had used his magic to prevent himself from being himself from being investigated and two days later, fought the father-daughter pair, leading to his demise. I could not feel nor see the ashes of his remains, so it can only be assumed that he was exorcised."

"Exorcised?" 7 repeated, shocked.

"Yes, exorcised."

7 couldn't believe what he was hearing. To exorcise a demon of that strength, the caster would need to be an extremely proficient user of the holy art derivative of Healing Magic.

"So you're saying those lizard bastards kill him? With exorcising magic to boot? That isn't possible. How can those lizards use such powerful magic? What color were their scales? What did they look like?"

11 was slightly taken aback by 7's uncharacteristic pushiness, but answered anyway without questioning it, "The father has white hair, purple horns, and white wings that resembled a bat's. The daughter had similar characteristics, but different from her father, had a white scaled tail."

"So... Healing attributed Lizardmen?"

"Presumably."

"With horns and wings? What are they, a new species of lizardman? Why would those kinds of Lizardmen leave their villages? Shouldn't they be holed up inside their homes protected by their brethren?"

"I do not know."

"Who would? Tsk."

With a click of his tongue, 7 set his eyes back on the village of Teress. He scoured the land under the darkness of the moonlight looking for any clues of dragons or those lizardmen.

"7, I sense a lingering, faint ember of demonic aura..."

Another hooded figure, 8, spoke up after spreading his aura around the area for the past hour.

8 pointed a hand in a direction. 7's eyes followed the direction that the finger pointed towards and saw a small mountainous region that sprouted up from the forest of trees.

"From what I can tell, this faint aura is from an enchantment using demonic techniques. 11, did you figure out what had happened to the clothing articles of the Council Member?"

"They were taken by the lizardmen. Aside from that, nothing else."

"8," 7 spoke, "Are you saying those lizardmen are wearing the clothes originating from a demon? What insane bastard would do that?"

"Apparently those lizardmen."

At 8's words, 7 burst into a torrent of laughter.

"...Yeah." 7 said after he finally regained control of himself, "This is good news. If those Lizard bastards are actually nearby and wearing those clothes, I'll cut off their heads, rip open their jaws, and use their eye sockets and a fuckhole!"

Speaking vulgarly and with great rage, 7 pulled a battleaxe out from underneath his cloak and charged forward towards the mountains that 8 had pointed at.

The other numbers silently followed after 7, rage building inside themselves as well.

Whoever goes against them, either directly or indirectly, will meet a terrible fate.

...

There is much to be skeptical of in this world. Coincidences collide, creating things that can be considered miracles or perhaps even tragedies. Luck.

But, this time around, I am not so certain.

In a world filled with misery and uncertainty, it is comforting that there is light in the darkness. For me, that is my family. Love. It will be a motivator, has been a motivator that pushes me forward.

The road ahead will always be hard; thorny. That is what makes life so exhilarating. A good challenge or difficulty is what drives progress. Of course, when those challenges are "failed" or "passed", a new challenge will come up for you to overcome. Life is just like that.

Even if you can predict the future, a single action you take can and will change that future. A challenge can almost never simply be skipped or ignored.

Using psychedelics to escape the pitifulness of your life or perhaps just for fun as I had in my old life. As my father would say: "Your sin will always catch up with you, either when you are alive or when you are dead. It will surface and make itself known. Nothing stays hidden forever."

And, just like my sin, I naturally knew that we would be found. Hell, I was told that we would half a year ago. But even if you had all the time in the world, when doomsday comes, there are situations you can never prepare for.

I had bred arrogance inside my heart. I felt that I could do anything as long as I knew the challenges ahead. Through coincidences, I had discovered the ability of creating dragonoids and those dragonoids had been exceptional. Through personal effort, I had "Prematurely" stopped the prophesized attack, believing that if anything did come, it would be easy to stop. I had even recently gone against the natural order of nature and combined elements.

I have so much prepared. So much done.

The love in my heart generates. It generates fear. It generates motivation. It generates courage.

It is through that generation of different emotions that keep my body moving, striving for a good life at the end of that thorny path. The excitement of each challenge overcomed or perhaps to overcome breeds an insatiable thirst.

That thirst is different for everyone or perhaps the same, but in the end, not everything goes your way. There are those that will never taste the delicacy of that nectar that could quench that thirst. There are also those that are simply born with that nectar in a bottle to drink whenever they want.

Life is just a series of coincidences that you can and also can't control.

When I awoke due to the strange presence of an unfamiliar mana source as too did my parents and family, there was the presence of 6 mysterious humanoid silhouettes brandishing weapons approaching the entrance of the cave.

"Detected the start of Scenario." The mechanical tune of that damned Auto-san chirped.

At those words, my drowsiness vanished into thin air.

"The Scenario is starting!" I yelled out to my family, goosebumps filled with fear. My legs and arms shook as I tried to stand still.

Why now? Why now?

What do I do? What do I fucking do!? Think Setsuna, think! The dreaded day has come, and you're scared!? You scaredy-cat!

Perhaps noticing my inner turmoil inside my mind, mom covered my body with her wing and pulled me in close to her, "Setsuna, do not worry. Whatever shows up, we will take care of it. Together. You are not fighting this alone, you have us."

With a kind and gentle voice to soothe my mind, mom gave her encouragement.

That's right.

I wasn't alone.

I have my family and they have me.

A small smile filled with nervous bravery found itself creeping up my face.

"Priest!" I yelled out, "Yuri!"

When I called their names, Priest who was standing guard outside ran inside and Yuri who was sleeping, awoke and quickly made their way to me sensing my fear.

"What is it, Lady Isis?" Priest asked with a hand over his heart like a butler.

"What do you need, Isis?" Yuri casually said with her hands on her hips.

I looked at these two, a sense of anxiety forming. "Priest, the Dreaded Day has come."

Priest nodded his head, accepting my words.

"The "Dreaded Day?"" Yuri questioned, "What do you mean?"

"We will soon be attacked by powerful foes, Yuri. Your life will be in danger as too will mine." I summarized, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you this before, but I just didn't have time."

Now that Yuri knew that she might die soon, fear began to sprout in her eyes, but she contained it and reached for the sword she held on her waist.

"I see." Yuri easily accepted my words, "This world is a fantasy one after all. It has magic too."

She accepted the circumstances perhaps too easily, showing the strength of her mentality.

"Indeed." I agreed, "This is a world filled with uncertainty, after all."

"So what will we do?" Yuri questioned me, "Do we risk scouting out the enemy? Do we just hole up here and defend? Or do we perhaps go on the offensive instead?"

"I don't know. Priest, what say you?" I said, shoving responsibility of a battle-plan to the both Yuri and I's senior in warfare.

"I will scout out and report-"

"That will be unnecessary.", Priest bowed his head and spoke, but was interrupted by father,

"There is no need to scout the enemy. From the moment they entered your mother's Transparent light barrier, she was able to know just what kind of beings these attackers are."

"They are demons and there are 6 of them." Mother said and nodded her head. Odin and Aqua seemed worried. They didn't know the threat that Demons posed, but they knew that they were dangerous.

"Do you know how strong these Demons are?" I asked mom, who could see the position of the Demons like a radar.

"Not exactly, but I have a vague sense."

"Can I beat them on my own?"

Mother contemplated my words with the feedback she was receiving,

"...You should, but only one of them at most. But even if you as strong as the weakest one there, that doesn't mean I want you to fight."

That calmed me down, refreshing feeling of relief washing over me. If I could beat one by myself, that sure as hell means that mother and father could beat them, right?

No-no, I can't let arrogance control my thoughts. That means that these Demons are as strong as a Master Rank dragon that has reached that stage as early as me. There is no way that say Odin or Aqua could assist in this fight.

I looked at them, a look of fear and reliance reflected back in their eyes.

Don't worry, I will do everything I can to keep us alive. Just sit there and wait.

"It wouldn't do us right to fight inside the cave." I announced my thoughts, "They could cause the cave to collapse and box us in. Mom, thank you for your concern, but I have to fight. My existence caused this, after all."

With a self-deprecating smile, I said my apologies.

"Idiot!" The sudden scream from Odin rang out,

"Wha-? Ow!"

Odin headbutted me, a teary look on his face, "Don't say that this is your fault, sister!"

"He's right, Setsuna." Father also staked that claim, "Even if the situation was different, we would do the same no matter the circumstance. Even if the task is impossible, we, as a family, will overcome it and make it possible."

"Odin... Father...!"

"That's right, Setsuna," Mother also chimed in,

"...I guess." Aqua also agreed,

"Aqua... Mother...!"

"Don't forget us now!" Yuri exclaimed with a broad smile on her face as she patted the side of my hide, "You have us dragonoids too!"

Priest closed his eyes and silently bowed to show his agreement.

"Priest... Yuri..."

Thank you.

I wiped away a tear of joy off of my face, determination overtaking my body.

"Okay, lets do this!"

Human, Demon, or Dragon, we will overcome this scenario no matter what faces us...

...As a Family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...