Tale of Two Hoods (Completed)

By thereallashleynicole

Two different people from two different sides of Atlanta. Kirkwood and Buckhead. The hood and the suburbs. Wh... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty - two
twenty - three
twenty - four
twenty - five
twenty - six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
thirty - one
thirty - two
thirty - three
thirty - four
thirty - five
thirty - six
thirty - seven
thirty - eight
thirty - nine
forty
forty - one
forty - two
forty - three
forty - four
forty - five
forty - six
forty - seven
NEW BOOK

thirty

637 26 9
By thereallashleynicole

~Jessica POV

"Looks like your business is booming." Joshua said approaching me. "Didn't think I would see you here." I said. "Well after yesterday, there's been a lot of hype about it. Figured I come see what it was about." He shrugged. "Do you like what you see."

"I do." He said looking at me.

"That's not what I meant." I said laughing a little. "So I was thinking maybe we could go out tonight." He said. "Go out where exactly?" I asked. "I don't know. Dinner, a movie. Maybe that arcade we used to go to all the time. Are you free?"

"Well after I close up here I just have to drop the money of at Isaiah's then I'm good to go." I said. "Cool. Just text me when you're ready, I'm going to walk around here for a minute." He said before walking off.

"And there it is." Keaunte said approaching me. "You scared me, don't be sneaking up on me like that." I said. "It wasn't Isaiah that got you all googley eyed, it's that bitch." He said. "You didn't have to call him a bitch Keaunte." I said shaking my head. "My bad, defend your man." He said holding his hands up. "He's not my man, we're just friends."

"So that means you and my boy are over?"

"We never started. Isaiah's actions have made it clear to me that I never had a chance. And I'm not wasting my time on a dude who had sex with my so called best friend. Is that okay with you Keaunte?" I asked.

"Do you boo."

~Isaiah POV

"It's been a minute since I've been here to see you." I said sitting down next to my dad's grave. "I think the last time I was here, I was ten." I said shaking my head. "I just don't get this shit pops. I mean you had me, left me here with this sorry excuse of a mom. Then I finally find a woman in my life who loves me like her own just for her to leave me too." I scoffed.

"Sometimes I think I fucked up somewhere and this is the payback for it. I hope this surgery works. I don't want to bury another family member."

**

It was going on seven and the fight started at eight. I got out the bed feeling a slight pain in my stomach. "Not tonight."I said to myself. I went into my drawer grabbing the pain medicine that my doctor gave to me when I was released from the hospital. I never took one but I needed all my energy tonight for this twenty grand and no stomach pain was going to stop me.

I took the medicine and went in the bathroom.

"Let's do this shit."

**

I pulled up to the ring and the parking lot was packed. "Niggas is really out here." I said getting out the car. I walked into the ring going into a back room. "It's 7:50. You running late or something?" The boss said walking in. "Did the match start yet?"

"No."

"Well then I'm not late. Now if you'd excuse me, I need to get ready." I said. "Ight well fyi, this is a one match fight." He said making me raise a brow. "Why'd the rules change?" I asked. "Because they did. So you either win the money or you don't." He walked out the room leaving me alone. I put on my shorts and my shoes. After putting in my mouth guard, I went out onto the ring. "Where's your guy?" The referee asked referring to Dre. "Not here obviously. Let's get this show started." I said.

You could hear the crowd getting louder when the dude I was fighting came out on the ring. He was about the same height is me, definitely buffer.

"Introducing the Kraken!" He came out to the middle. He was hyped as hell. The ref introduced me and the fight started. One clean move to knock this nigga out and the money is mine. I attempted a blow to his face but he dodged it and sent one back. I dusted that off and got my hit back. We kept going back and forth.

Hit for hit.

Blow for blow.

It was getting repetitive and I needed to knock him out.

"When he's about to send a hit, duck. Take your right foot and put it behind his leg to knock him on the floor."

Those words from Dre kept replaying through my head. When he was about to send his hit, I ducked and planted my foot. I sent a blow to his face causing him to fall back on my leg. I got on top of him sending hits until the ref pulled me off. I looked down at the dude and he was not getting back up after that.

And that twenty grand was mine.

**

"Here's your money kid." The boss said dropping off a duffle. I opened it making sure I wasn't getting fucked over. "It's all there, I ain't grimy." He said. "You never know." I grabbed the rest of my stuff and walked out to my car.

"Aye."

I turned around seeing the guy I fought with two of his friends. "You need something?" I asked. "Yeah, my fucking money." He said making me laugh. "You lost the fight. This my money fam."

"I don't think so. That little move you did, was a bitch move."

"Bitch move or not I won the fight. Now get the fuck away from my car." I said. Before I could get in the car, all three of them started jumping me. Kicking, punching, all that shit.

"Like I said, this my money."

"Drop the bag bitch." I heard a voice say. I looked up seeing Dre holding a gun to the back of his head. "This yo security or something?" The dude asked laughing a little. "I'll blow yo shit back. Drop the fucking bag." Dre said. "Don't let me see you around." He said dropping the bag and walking off. "You good?" Dre asked helping me up. "I'm fine. I'm going home."

"I'll follow you there. Make sure you don't get into no more shit."

**

"You didn't have to come in." I said to Dre as I sat on my couch. "You look like you need a hospital." He said. "I don't. Now I need to be heading back out. It's another fight that I got to make it to so I can win this last amount of money."

"I'm not letting you go nowhere."

"Nigga you ain't my dad." I scoffed. "But I'm still yo family. And I care about you. I didn't think the fights would get this far but you just got jumped. They could have killed you Zay." He said.

"But they didn't."

"But the could've. You done took a lot of blows to your body the past two weeks and that shit not healthy. Especially in your condition after the shooting. You need to calm down." He said. "I'll calm down when my auntie ain't laying on her death bed no more." I said. "You're wasting your time Isaiah."

"No I just care about her."

"And so do I! Which is why I'm getting these last few moments with her. You heard what the fuck the doctor said. She's not looking good."

"But he also said she could get the surgery as soon as possible. If I win the rest of this money tonight then they can be prepping her for surgery tomorrow."

"IF! THATS THE KEY WORD!" He yelled. "You could lose this fight and my mom is going to be gone. And you would have lost all this time with her because you worried about some fuck ass money. It's over Zay, let it go." He said. Before I could say anything else, my doorbell rung. I opened the door seeing Keaunte, Deja, and Jessica.

"What the fuck happened to your face!" Deja yelled as they walked in. "His ass got jumped."

"Oh hell nah! Let me know who it was and I'm on they ass!" Keaunte yelled. "Can y'all chill out please." I said. "It's because you were fighting weren't you?" Jessica asked. "I told you to stop doing that before you got hurt and now look at you." She said shaking her head. "Look I don't want another lecture aight. I need this money and I'm going to get it." I said trying to push past them but they all stepped in front of me.

"You're not going anywhere. Plus, you don't need that money anymore." Jessica said. "What are you talking about?" I looked down at the bag she was holding in her hand. "We've been raising money for your Aunt. With what you already made, it's enough for her to get her surgery." She said. "When did y'all have the time to do this?" I asked. "We made time. Now we don't want to hear no bullshit so take the money." Keaunte said. "Y'all didn't have to do that, I could have gotten the money myself."

"Isaiah shut the fuck up and take the money." Deja said handing me the money.

"Thank y'all so much."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 150 20
*Read at your own risk* Who ever thought that a sweet girl like Rose would cross paths with a street thug like Ramon. Rose was always loving, and swe...
4.2K 100 7
When two friends share such a close friendship from kindergarten days to college days what happens when they start to realize that the love they had...
1.1M 36.6K 53
What happens when two polar opposites cross paths?
406 11 21
Bella smith goes with her basketball team to Atlanta for basketball championships but while heading home on there bus traffic stops them and they are...