Braedey Martin and Scooby-Doo...

By BraedimusSupreme

A/N: This is sequel to 'Braedey Martin & Scooby-Doo: The Mermaid's Tail'. Scooby-Doo, Braedey Martin, and th... More

Ch-1: The Scottish Highlands
Ch-2: Welcome to Blake Castle
Ch-3: Dinner-Time
Ch-4: First Encounter
Ch-5: Welcome to Drumnadrochit
Ch-6: Out on the Loch
Ch-7: Sir Ian's Ship
Ch-8: Deep Below the Loch
Ch-10: Capturing the Loch Ness Monster
Ch-11: Epilogue

Ch-9: Monster Chase

649 13 10
By BraedimusSupreme

That evening, Sir Ian's ship had pulled up just nearby Blake Castle, and the gang were still feeling restless after what had happened to them earlier out on the Loch.

"Well gang, with the games starting tomorrow, we'd better get some shut eye." Fred says as they now walked back towards the Mystery Machine.

"Yeah. Like, I'd hate to be tired and cranky during the monster's final rampage." Shaggy commented, Maria and Rose snickering at this.

"Hold on a second." Braedey stopped them all. "We can't go to bed yet."

"Braedey is right. There are still too many unanswered questions." Velma agreed, wanting to find out more about what is going on. Just then, everyone could hear the sound of something growling

"Like I've got one. What is that noise?" Daphne asked in fear as they heard the sound.

"It's coming from inside the Mystery Machine." Fred informed, walking up to the back of the van. He got the doors open, only to find Del snoring fast asleep in the back of the van. "Del?"

"What's he doing here?" Braedey wondered in surprise.

"And how did he get into the back of our van?" Rose added in.

"I think he's sleeping on your poncho." Daphne said to Velma.

"That's okay he can keep it." Velma replied, grossed out at Del drooling on her poncho

Del then woke up to see the gang standing there. "Oh. Hey, guys. Sorry, I was down here at the castle. You know, trying to connect with Nessie's energy, and somebody ripped off my van man." He explained to them.

"What? Your van's been stolen?" Sheeva asked in surprise.

"From Blake castle?" Shannon asked in shock.

"Like wow. And it seemed like such a good neighbourhood." Shaggy commented, Scooby and Maria nodding in agreement.

"Something doesn't seem right." Scorcher spoke up, cupping his chin in thought.

"Aye. Something doesn't add up to this." Braedey nodded with the Pyromancer. What was going on around the castle?

~*~*~

Later on, the gang were back in the van, and they were now driving along the roads alongside the Loch, with Del included, as they go along. Scorcher, Sheeva, and Maria opted to stay at the castle to keep an eye out for anything, and to watch the games fields in case.

"We've got to solve this mystery tonight, and I know just the person to help us do it." Velma said, then tried to reach Fiona Pembrooke on the radio in the Mystery Machine. "Professor Pembrooke. Come in, professor. Do you read me?" She called, but to no avail.

"Something must be wrong." Braedey said to the others.

"She shouldn't be out on the Loch alone, especially tonight." Shannon said ominously.

"I hope nothing's happen to her." Rose added.

"She's probably just out of range." Fred suggested to the others.

"She could be all the way down at the other end of the Loch by now." Daphne included to them.

"Maybe she's following the monster." Del offered.

"Or maybe it's following us!" Shaggy said in fear as he pointed ahead.

Everyone looked ahead, and to their shock and horror, the Loch Ness Monster was now right ahead of the van, coming out of the trees at the side of the road and was roaring at them!

Everyone screamed out in shock and horror, Fred now forcing the van to swerve around, turning left and right and dodging the monster, while driving right down switchback roads and dirt tracks, all the while trying to cover some ground away from the monster.

"Drive, drive, drive!" Braedey yelled out to Fred.

Fred then eventually drove the van off-road in attempt to avoid the monster. "Oh yeah? You want some of this!? Come and get it, you overgrown lizard!" Fred shouted as he drove through the dirt.

"Technically, Fred, the monster wouldn't be a lizard. Lizards are exothermic, whereas this monster is clearly amphibious." Velma says.

"Velma, not the time." Daphne said to her teammate.

The van drove along through an old building and even a hay bale, all the while with the others holding on as hard as they can, with Braedey shooting jets of water at the monster, but he wasn't so precise since he was being knocked about by how rough the road was. Eventually, they soon came across some kind of bog just up ahead.

"It's a peat bog. You got to stop!" Shannon said to Fred in worry.

"No problem." Fred replied, putting the brakes on. But as a result, the body and shell came off the chassis, and it landed upside down in the bog.

"That happened." Braedey shrugged.

"Guys, she's coming!" Daphne cried, now hearing the monster's roar coming up behind them.

"This is the moment I've been waiting for my whole life!" Del shouted out, awaiting for the moment to see the monster in person.

Suddenly, the roar of the monster could be heard as it began to smash its way through the trees. The gang all screamed out as it got closer, but then, it jumped into the air and into the bog like a car, and stopped a few hundred metres away.

"What in the..." Braedey wondered in bewilderment.

"Where is its legs?" Rose asked in confusion.

"I think we need to take a closer look at this monster." Fred said as they got closer to the 'monster'. However, the monster didn't seem to be responding to the gang as they walked up to it.

"Jeepers. This is one sea serpent that can use some moisturiser." Daphne commented, now looking at the monster.

"Wait a second." Braedey now patted the side of the 'monster', taking note of the 'skin'. "This isn't skin: it's some kind of canvas." He said to them, the gang rather surprised by this.

"Grab on." Fred says as he, Braedey, Rose, Daphne, Velma, and Shannon pulled the canvas off of the 'monster' to reveal Del's van hiding underneath the canvas itself.

"It's Del's van." The group said in union.

"Aww, she's not real..." Del said sadly since the mother was not real, but smiled when he saw his van. "But my van!" He shouted happy.

"There's no one inside." Daphne says looking inside the cab.

"They must've escaped." Shannon added in.

"Hey, check it out." Fred said, now examining the tyres. "Del's treads match the same tyre tracks we found earlier."

"It's a perfect match." Rose added in.

"So somebody's been using my wheels to fake us out this whole time?" Del asked as he scratched his head in confusion.

"But this doesn't add up." Daphne stated next. "Del's van couldn't of chased us through the underwater tunnels."

"Or attacked us on the boat." Fred added in.

"And both Braedey and were chased by the creature last night." Shannon included.

"And that was all before Del's van was stolen." Rose cuts in.

"And we saw the van before back in town." Braedey added in.

"This can only mean one thing." Velma speculated as che cupped her chin in thought.

"More than one monster." Fred nodded to Velma's words.

"And they're the reason why the games field was attacked, as well as the attack on the sub and the boat." Braedey added in.

"So Nessie's still out there. Right on!" Del announced with a nod.

"Nessie or no Nessie, this van hoax proves there's someone behind at least part of this mystery. There's only one thing left to do." Velma nodded.

"Take a two week vacation to a tropical paradise?" Shaggy asked, who's with Scooby in the remains of the van.

"No, you two." Braedey spoke back. "We've got to go back to Blake castle."

"I've got a plan." Velma announced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 29 8
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred, Daphne, Shaggy...
42.9K 481 12
Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Braedimus Prime, Daphne Blake, and the whole gang are back at it again. As their owner Braedey prepares to depart for...
5.1K 84 10
As you can probably tell by the cover, this is a Scooby-Doo! and Transformers crossover story. The idea randomly popped into my head one night and a...
66.4K 1.7K 38
I only looked up at the two after it got quiet, I could only shake my head at the two. "I love you idiots." I mumble grinning from ear to ear. I took...