At All Cost

By HollyHanson5

***This book ties in with 'The Mafia Princess'... this can be read as a stand alone, but some of the characte... More

1- Intro
2- Dylan
3- On the run
4- La Conner's
5- The plan
6- You stink
7- The wager
8- The none date
9- Fly Fishing 🎣
10- Doctor
11- The Rynes family
12- A quick visit
13- The kiss
14- Hurt
15- The police station
16- The airport
17- Aaron's house
18- Heading to Vegas
19- Jackass
20- The cabin
21- Opening up
22- I promise you
23- Are you sure?
24- You are my sunshine
25- I love you
26- Face to face
27- Memory lane
28- John
29- Red
30- The Warehouse
31- A bigger one
33- Goodbye
34- The end
**Update**

32- Death

1.6K 97 29
By HollyHanson5

Natalie's P.O.V.

All of a sudden I heard an explosion coming from behind me and guns going off, knowing full well it was Dylan and the guys coming in. I made a fist, winding up I hit John as hard as I could in the face before taking off to hide like Dylan and Aaron both instructed me to do.

Ray quickly grabbed me, flipping over the metal table and put me behind it. "Here." He handed me a gun, "Stay down and stay low. Got it?"

I shook my head, dropping behind the table.
Praying Dylan and the rest of the guys were okay as I covered my ears and knelt down further.

I'm not sure how long I was tucked behind that table but I was suddenly grabbed and pulled up by a pair of strong hands. I was about to aim my gun to shoot when I noticed it was Dylan as he got behind the table with me.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I said, grabbing onto his hand.

"I'm glad you're okay too, baby! Listen to me..." he gave me a serious look. "You need to get out of here. Aaron has a car waiting for you, let him take care of the rest of this. You did good!"

"But what about all those girls?"

"We will take care of them and make sure they're safe. Grey's here too, please... just get out of here. I'll come back with Derek, go so I know you're safe."

"Okay. Please, be careful."

"Always! He gently grabbed a hold of my face, kissing me. "I love you!"

"I love you too."

"Come on." Dylan helped me up, shooting John's men as he got me out the door. The sky was getting darker as low rumbles of thunder in the distance warned me a storm was coming. Dylan helped me into the vehicle with a few other guys, giving me one more kiss before shutting the door and headed back into that barn.

I recognized these guys as some of Derek's men. The driver put it in reverse and started taking off. Placing the gun in my lap, buckling up and sitting back, taking a few deep breaths trying to calm my shaking nerves. Moments later I felt the vehicle shake and our SUV flipping over. 

Thunder roared, as I laid upside down. Unbuckling my seatbelt, I fell, laying there in a daze, my ears ringing and everything sounded muffled. My arm was being pulled by one of Derek's men, trying to get me out of the car.

I fought through the pain, crawling towards him and out of the vehicle that I now noticed was on fire. Helping me up off the ground, I stood there for a moment watching as the shadow I saw came closer.

Lighting stuck, lighting up the night sky. I started screaming to warn the guys as I saw it was John stalking towards us, madder than I've ever seen him before. I was looking for my gun that Ray had given me but I must have dropped it when I was in the car. John shot the guy that helped me out and every other guard I was with.

John grabbed me roughly on the back of my neck, placing his gun to my side. "Walk!" He hissed.

"You're hurting me, John. Stop!"

He started laughing coldly, "You're lucky I don't put a bullet in you right now... walk!"

I was in too much pain to fight right now and win. It started heavily raining now, making it slick. We were walking for a while, I was trying to remember which way we went but I was so turned around and I didn't know where we were headed.

My one foot slipped, making me fall. "John, I can't walk that fast." I tried pleading with him, but it just made him more angry.

He leaned down, grabbing a fist full of my hair, pulling back so I was looking at him.
"Are you fucking Cyrus?"

"No!"

"I WATCHED YOU KISS HIM YOU FUCKING BITCH!" He yelled, placing his foot on my chest, pushing me backwards as I tumbled and rolled all the way down the hill.

I cried watching John coming down after me. I hurried and felt around me for something... anything I could use for protection. A rock, I secretly screamed in my head.

Picking me up again, he slammed me up against a tree. Getting impossibly close to my face, "I'm going to ask you again, are you fucking Cyrus?"

"Yes!" I hissed, quickly bringing my arm up bashing him in the side of the head with the rock.

John fell backwards, trying to get back up I ran over and kicked him hard a few times in his stomach. "And you know what John? Cyrus knew exactly what I needed every single time... so thank you for sending him my way!"

I turned around and started running. I had no idea where I was or where I was heading but I was away from John and I just prayed the trackers Aaron put on me were still working.

The rain was not letting up. I was wet and cold but I kept running towards the traffic and the city noises I kept hearing. I was beginning to have hope as the noises got closer and closer. I saw light up ahead as I ran to what looked like a cliff?

I slowed down, taking in my surroundings as I walked up to the cliff overlooking some of the city. "Fuck!"

I knew there was no way I could climb down and my only other option was to head back into the woods.

"Do you remember this spot?" My thoughts were interrupted by the voice I hated so damn much.

I quickly turned around to find John standing there. I closed my eyes, "Yes." I whispered.

"We were so happy that night." He looked around, "I'd say right about here is where we made love..." he went a few feet forward "and right about here is where I proposed."

"You should have done me a favor and thrown me over the cliff instead."

He started laughing. "That can still be arranged."

He took off after me again. I was tired, I knew that running was just going to tire me out even more so this was it, the moment I've been waiting for.

He lunged at me, taking me down. Rolling like Michael taught me to do, I got on top and immediately started punching John.

"I FUCKING HATE YOU!" I yelled, knocking his gun out of his hand.

He growled as he threw me off of him.

I got up as he started circling me, walking closer I took a swing and kicked his legs out from underneath him.

Crawling towards the gun, John hissed as he grabbed my leg, flipping me over. "How long have you been fucking Cyrus and how long have you been working for Aaron Hale?"

"That's none of your business." He grabbed a hold of my hair again, pulling me up with him.

I heard people in the distance, yelling my name.

"DYLAN!" I screamed as loud as I could before he smacked me across the face. Pulling out his knife, he stabbed me in my side, making me let out a blood curdling scream as he started twisting it when he pulled the knife out.

"Looks like we're both going to die tonight. You ruined everything you little bitch, I gave you everything!"

"NO... YOU DIDN'T!" I swung as hard as I could, hitting him in the face again. I was seeing spots and felt like I was going to pass out, I was fighting hard to stay awake.

I knew Dylan was close but tuned them out as John got behind me, pushing me down on my knees he placed the gun to my head.

I watched as Dylan, Justin, Derek, Aaron and the rest of the guys all got to the cliff.

"Come any closer and I'll pull this trigger." John said, digging the gun further into my head.

"John let her go." Dylan said, walking closer.

"I heard your fucking my wife. Is your real name even Cyrus?"

"My name's Dylan Knight, I'm a detective for the NYPD. You're under arrest, asshole."

John started laughing, raising his gun up towards Dylan. I grabbed the knife John dropped after he stabbed me and stood up. I pushed John's arm up hearing the bullet go off in the sky and shoved the knife in John's throat. He let go of me in a panic. I backed away, hearing guns going off around me. John's body went flying backwards as the bullets hit him.

John was dead.

I started crying... not because I was sad but because it was finally over.

I dropped to my knees, my eyes were heavy as I watched Dylan run up to me, wrapping his arms around my body as I started falling backwards.

The muffled sounds of Dylan telling me to stay awake, kept me fighting to keep my eyes open...but it was hard.

"Baby, look at me." Dylan cried out. "Stay awake. Your little girl needs you... I need you!"

I smiled at him... My Zoe. I could finally go to her again and not have to worry about John. Dylan would be the best Dad but how could I ask him to leave his job? His life?

"It's fucking raining! I hate rain." I whispered as my eyes started closing.

I heard Dylan laugh as he hugged me. That's when everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

936K 20.2K 34
"You don't want me I'm broken. Unfixable." "Broken or not your still my princess." Soon his lips are on mine and sparks flew all my worries for once...
99K 3K 53
One mafia king. Four mafia princes. One bookworm in the wrong place at the wrong time. Love blossoms as Lilah experiences something she never she th...
1.3M 27.9K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
5.9K 1K 37
"Thirty seconds. That's all you have to stop the bullshit, or your son is dead." ~~~~ Six years ago, Chelsea Doherty lost everything when her husban...