Vampire Princess

By bellaPiiink

It’s been five years since Melanie Meyer left Springfield, leaving everything behind – her normal human life... More

Vampire Princess
Chapter One: You Again
Chapter Two: Morning Talk
Chapter Three: Ashley Berry
Chapter Four: Dinner For Six
Chapter Five: My Escort (Part One)
Chapter Five: My Escort (Part Two)
Chapter Six: After the Party
Chapter Seven: James and Jennifer
Chapter Eight: Lucky
Chapter Nine: The Cake
Chapter Ten: Seduction
Chapter Eleven: After Five Years
Chapter Twelve: Jogging Mayhem
Chapter Thirteen: I Almost Do
Chapter Fourteen: Alone in the Woods
Chapter Fifteen: What Happens Next
Chapter Sixteen: A Night to Remember
Chapter Seventeen: Amanda's Advice
Chapter Eighteen: Traitor
Chapter Nineteen: Truth or Dare?
Chapter Twenty: In The Coffee Shop
Chapter Twenty-One: Artist
Chapter Twenty-Two: Halloween Party
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Document
Chapter Twenty-Four: Bridesmaid
Chapter Twenty-Five: Before the Wedding
Chapter Twenty-Six: All I Ask of You
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Flashback of Memories
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Break Up
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Garret's Birthday
Chapter Thirty: Ashley's News
Chapter Thirty-One: Second Heartbreak
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Day With Her
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Visitor
Chapter Thirty-Four: I'm Not That Girl
Chapter Thirty-Five: Betrayal
Chapter Thirty-Six: Getting Back Together
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Happy Ever After
Epilogue: In Springfield
Author's Note

Prologue: In London

70.1K 1.5K 247
By bellaPiiink

Dedicated to JoanaAngelicaFTam because she was the first one who added Vampire Princess to her reading list! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Melanie!”

I stopped fussing on my outfit and then turned. Mom was outside my room, a smile on her lips. “Jerome’s already here.”

I returned her smile and nodded. “Okay. I’ll be right there in a jiffy.”

With that, Mom closed the door and left me in peace. I turned back to the mirror and inspected my outfit once again. Tugging on my knee-length skirt, a sigh escaped my lips. Was it short enough? Or was it too cliché? Ugh, damn this all to hell – I’m going to wear whatever I like, even though Jerome wouldn’t like it.

Grabbing my purse on top of my bed, I slung it on my right shoulder and left my room. I slowly walked down the stairs so I wouldn’t fall on my three-inch stilettos. When I arrived on the living room, I saw Jerome wearing casual white button-down and black pants. He was talking with my mother about some Italian food -- again. I rolled my eyes, but there was a smile on my lips. Jerome always wanted to be a chef. 

“Stop bugging Mom about your precious Italian food, Jerome,” I playfully scolded him.

The both of them turned to me. Jerome got up from the couch where he was sitting. He gave me a breathtaking smile. His chocolate brown hair was on their usual messy look. His startling blue eyes were watching me lovingly. I always knew Jerome likes me -- Heather always tells me -- but he doesn’t know that I know. Mom said that he’s going to ask me “the question” tonight, but I’m not sure.

“Hi, Melanie,” Jerome said, his voice angelic.

I approached him and then he gave me a kiss on my cheek. This simple gesture reminded me of my best friend back in Chicago, Jasper. As always, the thought of Jasper gave me a pang of longing in my heart. I missed him so terribly but in the same time, I know I can’t see him again.

Shaking my head mentally, I pushed any thoughts of my old life back to where they belong -- the back part of my mind. Anyway, I turned to my mom who was watching us with a twinkle in her eyes. She wants me to be with Jasper, saying that he’s the right guy for me. She said that to me about Garret, too, but then look where we are now.

And just like that, when I remembered Garret’s name, his face sprung inside my mind like a sudden lightning. His beautiful, one-of-a-kind grey blue eyes... His always untidy blonde hair... His perfect smile... His kisses that made me the only girl in the world... Everything about him came to me.

Tears were now on my eyes, threatening to fall. I blinked them away rapidly. Get a hold of yourself, Melanie! It’s five years after I’ve left him and I should have moved on. I should have forgotten everything about my past relationship with Garret. 

But then why do I feel such longing for him that it almost hurt?

“You two looked so cute together,” Mom gushed.

Again, I pushed any thoughts about Garret and everything else that I don’t need to the back of my mind. Focusing on the present, I gave my mom a scolding look. “Mom.”

Jerome just laughed. “We do look cute together, Melanie. Don’t we?”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever.”

“Well, you go now. I don’t want to keep you here,” Mom said. “And remember, our flight is tomorrow so Jerome, please take Melanie back early.”

“I won’t keep her that late, Mrs. S,” he promised. “Come on, Melanie.”

I said my goodbyes to my mother and followed Jerome out of the house. He guided me to his car and I sat down on the passenger’s seat while he sat down on the driver’s seat. Before he started the engine, he turned to me, grinning. “You do look hot, Melanie.”

I laughed but there was a blush on my cheeks. “You’re not that bad yourself.”

“I look devastatingly handsome, eh?”

I rolled my eyes. His ego just reminded me of someone... “Just drive and shut up.”

“Everything for the Vampire Princess,” he said, still grinning his crooked smile that I love so much.

I gave him one last smile then turned to the window to watch my surroundings. It was just like yesterday when I arrived here in London. Who knew five years have already passed? I graduated college with flying colors, I have two new friends and of course, I’m with my real parents. 

I met Jerome on my first day in my senior year. He knew in just one look that I was a vampire. He, too, was a vampire -- much, much older than I am. He introduced me to his younger sister, Heather. Heather just looked like him -- same brown hair, blue eyes, cheekbones, and nose. For all I know, they could actually be twins.

Heather became my best friend in an instant. Even though she was younger for two or three years, she was in senior year with us. She’s funny, kind and a good friend. She was just like Amanda.

Jerome and Heather were alone in this world for many, many years. But they have their own money -- their parents’ money. Their parents died just ten years ago and for a vampire, that’s just like ten months. I sometimes notice Jerome being quiet, just watching the world go by, his lips in a tight line. Heather told me that he's just remembering their father. Jerome was quite close with him and he was a wreck when he died.

We arrived in a nearby restaurant and we both hopped out of Jerome’s car. We went to our reserved seats, said our orders and waited. While waiting, Jerome leaned forward to his seat eagerly. He was smiling in a mysterious way. “Melanie, I’ve known you long enough to ask you this question.”

My heart was beating quickly. Oh. My. God. Mom was right. He’s going to ask me “the question.” 

“Wh -- what question?” I stammered, my eyes wide. I wiped my sweaty hand on my skirt and it left a wet mark. 

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. Then he looked up at me with those blue eyes that were just identical to mine. He got up from his chair and kneeled in front of me. A lot of people were watching fondly. “Melanie Alison Meyer, I know I might not be worthy enough... I know you’re the... vampire princess,” he said the last two words quietly so no one could hear, “but I just want you to know... As long as I can remember, I’ve been hopelessly, madly, uncontrollably in love with you. I love you, Melanie. Would you be my girlfriend?”

The people went, “Aaaaw!” as I watched him in stunned silence. Oh crap, what should I say? I would terribly look like a bitch if I turn him down. But then again... it's time to move on with Garret. I might still love him but I need to have someone new. I can’t just love someone that I cannot be with. My parents approved with Jerome. They love him. Who wouldn’t? He’s handsome, he’s smart, he’s funny and he’s a really good chef. What girl would turn down someone like him?

I might not be in love with him, but I sure as hell like him. And it’s not like it’s going to be a sin if I say yes. It’s not like if I cheated on Garret... I mean, we didn’t break up officially. I just left him and I thought that we were over.

But what if Garret was still waiting for me? What if he’s waiting for me back in Springfield? What if he wants me back and then I arrived with a new boyfriend? What if I broke his heart... again?

I closed my eyes and made my decision. It’s time to move on, Melanie. It's time to stop loving him.

I opened my eyes then smiled at Jerome. “Yes. Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend, Jerome.”

Everybody in the restaurant cheered and clapped their hands. Jerome’s whole face flushed with relief and then got up. He snaked his arm around my waist and gently pulled me to him.

I looked up at him and knew he’s going to kiss me. He looked down at me lovingly and tucked a loose hair on my ear. “Thank you, Melanie. I love you.”

He leaned down and kissed me. But it wasn’t like Garret's kisses. But nevertheless, I still kissed Jerome back. He's now my boyfriend and I’m his girlfriend. We’re together now. And I should be happy.

Then why was I so unsure about this?

_____________________________________________________________________________

It's the prologue so I apologize that it's not that long! :) I missed writing about Melanie...

Anyway, I have some news: I'm going to dedicate a chapter to any random voter, commenter and a reader so if you want to be dedicated, well... vote, comment and add Vampire Princess to your reading list! :D

I guess that's all... :) Don't forget to vote/comment!

- Bella, xoxo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

900K 25.3K 30
「𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘」❝ We all made mistakes❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...
19.2K 625 47
Everyone is different in their own way. But Lunette is bizarrely different. She goes though life pretending she is like every other 16 year old. She...
213K 6.4K 46
"How many times have I told you to stay away from Bella?" "Jacob why are you being difficult?" "I hate you leech just stay away from her. She'll be m...
1K 62 45
"I love you forever Shimmer!" "I love you too. I never thought it would come to this. You are the only one who's not afraid of what I truly am. I'm...