Such a Hufflepuff (George Wea...

By _rachel111_

You were always a very kind girl. You grew up as a muggle but you were a pureblood. This story will start at... More

Back Home
Doodles
Halloween
Chocolate
Spaghetti
Christmas
Presents
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Advice
The breakup
The train
Tri-wizard Tournament
Champions
The first task
Egg
Jealous?
✨Therapy✨
The Yule Ball
Almost fight
Detention
Problems
Easy option
Party🕺
K-i-s-s-i-n-g
Holding hands
Midnight visitor
Goodbye
Back home (again)
Detention, but make it ✨worse than before✨
Helicopter boyfriend
Caught redhanded
Almost Christmas
Nightmares
CHRISTMAS :)))))
The love triangle +1
The quill
Pogo stick
The grand exit
Crumpled letters
The shop
The grand opening
The battle
Missed you
Epilougue

Sleeping bag

3.1K 81 70
By _rachel111_

So  some things may not exactly correspond with the book because I'm kinda sorta stupid and stuff.... so I'm really sorry about that.

Dear mum,
How have you been? I just was wondering if you've planned anything for Christmas. I have just got an offer to stay with George and his family. I understand if you are not ok with it, but I was just wondering. And since I know you will be asking, his parents are ok with it. Please let me know when you can,
Y/n

I sign the letter and then send it off.

After about an hour, an owl arrives with a response.

Dear y/n,
I am very well, thank you for asking. Though your father is constantly boasting about winning that stupid bet. It's been months now and he still hasn't given it up. It is very annoying. I suppose you could stay with them, as long as you're sure George's parents are ok with it. And don't cause any trouble. I guess then we'll be seeing you for summer. Merry Christmas dear, your father and I love you very much,
Mum

I smile at the letter and then head off to tell George.

"George! Hey wait up!" I call after him as I see him down the hall.

"Yes?" He grins.

"My mum said I can stay with you"

"That's great news!" He cheers and pulls me into a hug.

"But only as long as you're super duper, absolutely, completely, positively, sure it's ok"

"Of course! Mum and dad will be happy to have you." He replies. "Though, we aren't staying at the burrow"

"Hmm?" I hum thoughtfully.

"Well we're staying at 12 Grimmauld place..."

"Oh- uh ok" I shrug.

"Yay! Ok so- so, oh this is so great. Ok, I'll go write mum. Ok- yeah" he says happily.

"Woah, don't sound so excited Georgie" I chuckle.

"Ok, I'll see you on the train tomorrow."

"Alright seeya then" I say.

***

"You sure you're 100% ok?"

"You've already asked me a million times. Yes y/n I am even prepared to say I am 101% ok" Charlotte laughs.

"I am so so so sorry you have to be here alone." I apologize.

"Y/n, I. Will. Be. Ok. Have a good time, ya hear!" She smiles.

"Ok...it just- I feel wrong for leaving you here" I sigh.

"GO! You're going to be late y/n." She pushes me out of the door.

"But-"

And with that she slams the door in my face.

***

"Now, I know you've met mum before at the train station, but that was just barely so..."

"George look I don't know about this..." I say nervously.

"Hey, hey it's ok. Mum and dad are gonna love you, I'm sure of it." He reassures me.

"No, you know how awkward I get and..." I trail off.

"It's going to fine, ok? We can go in together or if you want I can go in first." He offers.

"Together" I mumble.

I felt like such a nuisance. I should've just stayed at Hogwarts with Charlotte.

"Mum, dad, this is Y/n. You've seen her at the train station" George introduces me.

"Oh Y/n how lovely it is to see you again!" Mrs.Weasley smiles brightly and bustles over towards me.

"Oh hello" I say.

She pulls me into a tight embrace.

"I'm so glad George convinced you to stay here for the holidays!"

I see George shake his head out of embarrassment and go to greet his dad.

"Now, you'll be sharing a room with George and Fred. There is only two beds but I'm sure George won't mind the floor" she pulls out of the hug and gives me another smile.

"No, that's ok. I'm the one who should sleep on the floor." I reply.

"No! Nonsense! I will not have you sleeping on the floor!" Mrs.Weasley objects.

"Yeah, and I don't mind" George shrugs.

"I-" I begin.

"Here, I'll bring up your stuff. Fred's probably already up there." George says grabbing my trunk.

I follow him upstairs and into a room with two beds and a sleeping bag on the floor.

Fred was jumping on one of the beds happily.

"LOOK AT ME! IM LIGHT AS AIR! MUM NEVER LET ME DO THIS AT HOME! NOW IM OLDER AND NO ONE CONTROLS ME! MWA HA HA HA!" He shouts.

"FRED WEASLEY STOP JUMPING ON YOUR BED! YOU'RE SHAKING THE WHOLE HOUSE!" Mrs.Weasley shouts from downstairs.

He sighs and stops jumping.

I chuckle and then sit down on the sleeping bag on the floor.

"What do you think you're doing?" George asks, setting down my trunk.

"Getting comfortable in my bed" I reply.

"No, you get the real bed." He says back.

"George, no. I'm fine. I actually prefer the floor" I say to him.

"Ok, yeah I'll take the bed, yeah sure."

I give a sigh of relief, happy that he finally gave in.

He didn't.

He hooked his arms under mine and dragged me to the real bed.

"Stop! No I want the sleeping bag! Fred help me! Get your brother to let me sleep on the floor!" I argue while flailing my arms and legs.

"Sorry, but I can't do much now" Fred shrugs as George starts tucking me in.

"George don't I get to eat dinner?" I ask, still struggling.

"Yes." He says simply.

"Then let me out!" I exclaim kicking off the blankets he had pulled over me.

"Fine, fine. I'll make you a deal" he offers.

"What kind of deal?" I ask.

"Whoever gets to the sleeping bag first tonight, gets to sleep in it" he suggests.

"Ok, sure." I say and stick out my hand to shake.

We shake hands and then unpack our things.

Soon enough we're called down for dinner.

I sit in between George and his younger sister Ginny.

"So, you're the girl George is always mumbling about?" Ginny smirks.

"What?" I grin as George begins to stand up and make his way over to Ginny in attempt to shut her up.

"Well, whenever George is home he always mumbling about some girl and how pretty she is and how much he misses her. He also used up all his parchment to write letters. Crumpled up almost every single one and had to borrow some more from me" she giggles.

"I'm guessing all these crumpled letters were disposed of?" I inquire.

"Oh no, I kept them secretly, for a moment just like this" she grins.

"NO! Stop talking now! This conversation is over!" George interrupts.

"Ok, I won't expose you anymore big bro" Ginny holds up her hands in surrender "I'll show you later don't worry" she whispers to me.

Then we begin to eat. The whole dinner table laughs and talks but I stay quiet. Not wanting to start a conversation myself.

I just listen to the others talk. They share old stories and new stories about school and life.

Once everyone is done eating the table gets cleared.

"The food was delicious Mrs.Weasley" I smile.

"Oh thank you so much dear, and call me Molly" she beams.

"Ok"

Everyone talks at the table for awhile longer and we play some games. Then everyone begins to head off to bed.

I look at George and then begin to bolt up the stairs.

"Hey! Wait!" He chases after me.

I race into the room and dive onto the sleeping bag.

A second later George comes in, out of breath. I grin cheekily at him.

"Wow- you're- fast-" he pants.

"Yup, now, I have to get something from Ginny, I'll be right back." I say.

"Woah, what're you getting from Ginny?" He asks.

"Uh... girl stuff." I reply quickly.

"Oh- ok."

Just then Fred comes in.

"Why'd you guys hurry up here so fast?" He questions.

"The deal, now Fred don't let George get the sleeping bag" I tell him.

"Ok. Will do." He nods.

I head off to Ginny's room and knock sheepishly.

"Y/n! Come in, come in!" She smiles and waves me in.

"Hey" I smile.

"Ok, so once I heard you were going to be here for the holidays I got all the crumpled up letters from my closet and put them in this box." She grins proudly "I was gonna use them to blackmail George but this is much, much better."

I laugh and nod.

"Now you have to find a way to hide them from him. And don't tell him about this or he'll go ballistic" Ginny giggles.

"Oh don't worry, I will find a good hiding spot for them" I reassure her.

"What did you tell him you were doing right now anyways?" She asks.

"I told him I was going to get something from you. Specifically, 'girl stuff'" I say with air quotes.

We both burst out laughing.

"Well you better get back soon or he's gonna get suspicious." She laughs.

"Ok, thanks for these" I smile and pat the box.

"No problem," she beams.

I sneak out of her room and back to mine and the twins' room.

"So did you get what you needed from Ginny?" George asks.

"Yup" I hold up the box and close the door.

"Hey! GEORGE!" I shout after I turn around and see George sitting happily on the sleeping bag.

"What?" He asks innocently.

"Fred you were supposed to not let him on there!" I scold him.

"Whoops" he shrugs.

"What's in the box?" George asks.

"Nothing, now get up"

"No."

"I got up here first!"

"But I'm already nice and comfy." He grins.

"Just let him take the floor y/n." Fred advises.

"Fine." I huff and shove the box into my trunk.

After about fifteen minutes of getting ready for bed, I flip onto the real bed and glare down at George, who hadn't gotten up from the sleeping bag the whole time I was in the bathroom.

"Goodnight y/n" he smiles.

"Yeah." I say and pull the covers over me.

I pretend to be asleep until George gets up and finally goes to get ready for bed.

Perfect plan right?

If only I hadn't actually fallen asleep.

Sorry if this seems rushed I'm just excited to write upcoming chapters :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.4K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
63.4K 1K 21
Story follows y/n as she enters her 5th year at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry She's always been lonely not having any friends but this y...
12.8K 778 72
Y/N is a gifted Hufflepuff witch, the best in her year. She was a hatstall . She is a muggleborn. Cedric and her are chilhood bestfriends and are ins...