Such a Hufflepuff (George Wea...

By _rachel111_

You were always a very kind girl. You grew up as a muggle but you were a pureblood. This story will start at... More

Back Home
Doodles
Halloween
Chocolate
Spaghetti
Christmas
Presents
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Advice
The breakup
The train
Tri-wizard Tournament
Champions
The first task
Egg
Jealous?
✨Therapy✨
The Yule Ball
Almost fight
Detention
Problems
Easy option
Party🕺
K-i-s-s-i-n-g
Holding hands
Midnight visitor
Goodbye
Back home (again)
Detention, but make it ✨worse than before✨
Helicopter boyfriend
Caught redhanded
Sleeping bag
Nightmares
CHRISTMAS :)))))
The love triangle +1
The quill
Pogo stick
The grand exit
Crumpled letters
The shop
The grand opening
The battle
Missed you
Epilougue

Almost Christmas

3.3K 83 75
By _rachel111_

Ok so I'm gonna do a bit of a time skip to before Christmas because I'm having a slight bit of writers block so...yeah 😀 Also, sorry for the late update.

"Char? Char? Charlotte? Charred chicken? Parking lot? Charlotte Luella Albertine?" I sing.

"Hmm? What?" She rolls over in her bed to face me.

"Christmas holiday is a week away" I smile, crouching by her side.

"Oh my god, I don't care!" She grumbles and rolls back over.

"It's Christmas!"

"So?"

"So? SO?! It's Christmas! The most wonderful time of the year!" I cheer.

"You've woken me up early for the past three weeks to tell me how many days until holiday." She groans.

"You can't complain! You've woken me up early every single day since first year" I say back.

"Look whatever, just go" she grumbles and waves to the door.

"Alright then" I roll my eyes "don't know why you're so grouchy all of a sudden"

I leave our dorm since I was already dressed and go to breakfast. About half an hour later, Charlotte comes trudging into the Great Hall. She slumps into the seat next to me and lays her head down on the table.

"Hey, are you good? You look tired" I inquire and take a drink of my orange juice.

She glares at me and begins scooping food onto her plate.

"Wow, you're mad at me for waking you up-"

"Not in the mood Y/n" she interrupts me.

"You sure you're good?" I ask, getting more concerned. Charlotte wasn't usually snappy like this.

"Yes. Now please, leave me alone to eat"

I shrug and turn back to my breakfast.

"We have the last DA meeting today" I try to make conversation.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." She mumbles.

We finish breakfast and then at the end of the day, head to the room of requirement.

During the meeting we practice a review of things and then bid everyone a merry Christmas.

Me and Charlotte leave together and once we're a ways away Charlotte runs off.

What was going on with her? And were those tears in her eyes?

I stand stunned for a moment, watching her dash away.

"Can't believe him"

"Rejecting our legendary products"

"Pshh honestly"

I turn to see the twins walking down the hall carrying some brightly coloured boxes.

"Y/n!" George cheers.

"Y/n, you've always enjoyed our inventions" Fred smiles and the both hurry up to me with their boxes.

"Yeah, when you weren't tricking me into admitting my feelings" I say sarcastically.

"Yup, yup yup yup, anyways, would you like to see some of our new concoctions?" George asks.

"Hmm....sure" I reply skeptically.

"Now these, we find very helpful to skip class" Fred begins.

"Earn you an easy trip to the hospital wing" George finishes.

"This one makes you nose bleed" Fred explains. "Wanna try?"

"No, I'm good." I say and hold up my hands.

"Ah well, maybe that's for the better." They shrug.

After about fifteen minutes of them explaining their products and me saying no to trying them, I turn to head back to my dorm to check on Charlotte.

"Wait y/n!" George calls after me.

"Yeah?" I turn back.

He hands Fred the box he was holding and quickly walks over to me.

"So since we've been dating for a bit, and Christmas is coming up soon...I was wondering if...maybe...you'd consider...thinking about..."

"Jeez spit it out George!" I laugh.

"Do you want to spend Christmas with me and my family?" He looks at me nervously.

"Oh uh- I..." I begin. ".....Maggie! Maggie will be upset if I don't go back home for Christmas with her. Haven't really been seeing her too much lately..."

"You just spent the whole summer with her" he laughs nervously.

"Oh yeah...well, I'll let you know, ok?" I smile and place my hands on his shoulders.

"Of course! Just don't take too long, holiday is coming up in...wait, how many days was it again?" He jokes.

"Six! Six days! Six days till holiday!" I cheer, and do my happy dance.

"Yeah guess I forgot since you didn't come into the Great Hall screaming it this morning" he chuckles.

"Everyone needs to be informed." I say as-a-matter-of-a-factly.

"They sure do" he pecks my lips and then I skip off to my dorm.

I open the door and Charlotte was laying in her bed.

I sigh, walk over and sit down next to her.

"Char..." I begin.

"My parents told me to stay here for holiday" she says.

"Oh" I reply, not knowing what to say.

"They've decided to have my brother there instead of me"

"What? Why can't you both be there?" I ask.

"Because, y/n, apparently, Liam can't tolerate being in the same household as me because I'm special. He's 20 y/n! 20! I'm seventeen! This might be my last time seeing my parents before I graduate, but noooo wittle baby wiam can't be around the WITCH!" She rants.

This was the most stressed and angry I had ever seen Charlotte.

"Char, I'm so sorry" I say and pull her into a hug.

"So I get to spend Christmas here. All alone." She mutters.

That's it!

That's my excuse!

I couldn't spend Christmas with George and his family because Charlotte needed me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to spend Christmas with him! But...I didn't want to ruin any plans they had, or be a bother.

So I'd tell him Char needed me so I wouldn't be a nuisance.

"No, you won't be alone. I'm staying too." I assure her.

"What? Wait really?" Her voice full of excitement.

"Yup" I smile.

"Oh that's wonderful! Wait, no. No I can't let you do that. You always go home to see you're family and Maggie...no I am not letting you stay here with me. Nope." She argues.

"I'm staying." I say firmly.

"I-"

"I'm staying and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

***

"TWO DAYS TILL HOLIDAY, CHARRED CHICKEN SANDWICH! TWO!" I chant.

"I KNOW!" She says happily.

Her whole mood about Christmas had improved since I agreed to stay with her.

"Have you seen my shoes?" I ask while pulling on my shirt.

"Uh...there's one and check under your bed" Charlotte says pointing to the top of my four post bed.

I reach up and grab my shoe that was hanging from one of the posts and then reach under my bed where my left shoe is.

"I heard that's it's going to snow soon" Charlotte smiles.

"Ooh white Christmas!" I sing while yanking on my sneakers.

We get dressed and then go to the Great Hall for breakfast, survive through our classes and then go to lunch.

"Hey you ladies, wanna sit with us?!" George calls to is from the Gryffindor table.

I look at Charlotte who shrugs and we walk over and sit down.

"So, do you have an answer for me about Christmas yet?" George asks.

"Oh, yeah I'm really sorry but I promised Char I'd stay here with her." I reply.

"Huh, what about me?" Charlotte asks.

"I was just telling George how I'm staying here with you for holiday" I answer.

"Oh, ok." She shrugs.

"Yeah, Char is staying so I'm staying. Sorry George" I sigh.

"No, it's alright. Maybe you can stay another time"

"Wait, what? Y/n did George offer you to stay with him for the holidays?" Charlotte asks.

"Yeah"

"Well you're not staying here with me." She replies.

"But-"

"Look, I'm not letting you stay here with me y/n. I'll be fine. Please go." She urges.

I gave her a look of sympathy. I knew that even though she was dating Fred, she wouldn't be able to stay with the Weasley's because her parents were very overprotective. They would never let her stay with her boyfriend for two weeks.

"So...does that mean..." George begins.

"I um...I'd have to ask my parents, and only if your parents are ok with it, and I need to be sure Charlotte is ok, and I don't want to cause any trouble" I ramble on.

"Ok, you ask your parents, mum already said it's ok, she's actually excited to meet you. Charlotte, you gonna be ok here?" George says.

"I will be positively perfect" she beams, but I could tell she would be lonely.

"And causing trouble is our job" George smiles and nods to Fred.

"I-" I begin.

"Students are to be seated at their own house tables!" Umbridge shrieks from the front.

We all roll our eyes.

"See you guys later then" I sigh.

"So is that a yes?" George asks quickly.

"I'll ask my parents" I smile.

It's me the author again hehe :)
Sorry about the weird time skip for this chapter.
N e ways! I think I'm really close to shifting because last night I dreamt about my dr I guess 🤷‍♀️
This is gonna sound really weird but I'm telling you guys anyways.
So I was like at the Yule ball, but there were three big ballrooms and for some reason Umbitch was there yelling about rules and randomly someone handed me a can of whipped cream and I just started spraying it all over her face. It was quite funny really...
Thank you all for staying with me and reading my story, I appreciate all of you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77 8 24
(1/7) The first book of the Slytherin Tales series. Purebloods Sachie and Leon Sinclair are about to attend their first year at Hogwarts, much to the...
9K 321 14
The first year of an adventure that helps you discover who you really are -- A witch Getting the letter of acceptance at Hogwarts school discovering...
12.5K 778 72
Y/N is a gifted Hufflepuff witch, the best in her year. She was a hatstall . She is a muggleborn. Cedric and her are chilhood bestfriends and are ins...
305K 8.7K 35
~ Year one ~ Warning: this is a journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read, over and done with, I don't believe this is fo...