Love without Boundaries: Over...

By ArondightDusk

This story is dedicated for my 2,000 TikTok followers. In a world where heroes and villains cannot coexist, i... More

Close Encounter
Allies or Enemies?
Revolting Beauty
Secrets Revealed
Heroes vs Villains
Villains Heartless?
Thinking of You
Deal with Demons
Two Roads, One Choice
Ambushed!
Patience in Anger
The LOV's Prisoner
Torture and Tragedy
Cursed in Weak form
Escape from the LOV Base
A Feverish Dream
The Revealing Truth
Secrets and Second Encounters
Black Cat
Mirio
Sir Nighteye
Sir's Protector?!
The Boss
LWB Audio Drama Update
Deal with Overhaul
Waiting, Wanting
Casting Call Update
Family Reunion Gone Wrong
SOS
Operation: Hero Rescue
It's a Trap!!
Fake YN

Promises and Heartaches

64 7 0
By ArondightDusk

     At the exact same moment, there was a sudden presence that bothered Overhaul's mind. It felt like someone was in trouble, but who?

"Is something troubling you, my young lord?" Nemeto asked.
"There's just things bothering my mind right now."
"I understand completely. But do not fret, young lord. Chronostasis will recover soon."

     Suddenly, right before he answered Nemeto's comment, Mimic had entered in the room with a shocking remark.

"Hey boss, come quick! It's Chrono! He just woke up!"

     Just in those few words, the three ran to see how Chronostasis is doing. When they reached the room, Overhaul noticed how badly his wounds are from head to toe.

"Mimic, Nemeto, prepare a healing room for Chrono. He needs to be fully stable before we can continue forward."
"Sure thing, boss!" Mimic obeyed.
"As you wish, sir." Nemeto agreed.

     After the two disappeared out of sight, Overhaul used his quirk to recover the major damages Chrono had obtained. When the process was complete, he looked towards Chrono to see if he's awake or alive at least.

"Sir..." Chrono spoke weakly as he opened up his eyes.
"I'm here, Hari. What happened?"
"I... I..."

     He tried to rise from the floor, but his energy was too severe for him to move upward.

"No need to rise, Hari. You're safe now."
"No. I failed you, sir. You shouldn't have healed me. I've let you down. She-"
"I already know, Hari. It wasn't your fault. I gave you an order and risked her life in danger in the progress. Don't blame yourself anymore. Now get some rest."

     Chronostasis sighed as he passed out in slumber. Overhaul then carried him in his arm while his underlings returned.

"The room's ready for him, boss." Mimic stated.
"Very good."
"Allow me to take him, sir." Nemeto offered. "He'll be taken care of personally by all of us."
"No need. I'll take him from here."

     He then walked towards the room as both Nemeto and Mimic glanced towards their boss. They've never seen him carry anyone that was deemed unworthy before. Whether if it was his right hand man or not, Overhaul never did anything like this before. As the two finally made it in the room, Overhaul laid him lightly on the bed to ensure he had plenty of rest.

"Hari... I'm sorry." He said as Chronostasis slept peacefully. "It was all my fault. If I took better care of her, none of this had happened."

     While he's never cried once in his life, his skin felt a cold stain rolling down his face. He touched it with one of his fingers, realizing it was a single teardrop.

"This feeling... what is this?"
"It's sadness." a voice echoed in the room.

     Surprised by a strange sound, Overhaul looked around to find the source of the voice.

"Who are you?" He asked with a stern tone. "Show yourself."

The voice never replied back.

'Was I hearing things?' he asked himself. 'I must be working too hard.'

     In an instant, he felt a yawn emerging through his mask. Even though there was more work to be done, the tiredness in my body was staring to shut down. Trying to fight it, my eyes slowly fell closed and I ended up asleep.

     When my eyes opened up again, I noticed the place was different. It was a small room, containing nothing, but stains all around the floor.

'Tch. Disgusting.' He thought to himself in disgust as he tried to activate his quirk.

     Sadly, he wasn't able to activate his quirk. His Overhaul wasn't working at all.

"My lord," a familiar voice called out.

     He turned around to see his right hand man standing nearby, bowing in respect.

"Hari, why are you here?"
"That I don't know, sir. But maybe she can answer."

     I looked behind right him and was in complete shock.

My heart dropped.
I couldn't believe it.
It's her.
In the flesh.
Standing right in front of me.

"Y... Y/N?"
"Hello Kai..."

     Not even caring about Hari seeing him, I immediately ran towards Y/N, but she ended up stopping me with her wings.

"What's the meaning of this?"
"I'm not the real thing, Kai, but it's still me. I'm just her quirk's remaining energy."

     I then backed up from Y/N a minute, looked downward and knelt in such distraught. That was one information I clearly forgot about.

She's gone.
I'll never get to see her again.

     Tears fell from my eyes and landed towards the floor covered in blood. I've never shown emotion before, but I didn't know how to stop the tears from falling.

"Why are you crying, Kai?" Y/N asked out of curiosity.
"This is all my fault..." I replied tearfully, "I put your life in danger. I couldn't protect you. I... I-"

     Without finishing my sentence, I felt a hug above my shoulders. It was her, hugging me. I remembered that feeling all too well.

"Did you forget?" Y/N reminded, "I don't want you to say hateful things about yourself. Remember?"
"Right." I nodded as I cleansed my face, "I'm sorry."

     Y/N rose up, stretched out her hand towards mine. Accepting it, I looked at her. However, the smile I once recalled wasn't there anymore. It was full of sorrow and despair.

"Listen, I know it wasn't your fault." Y/N spoke, "but there's not that much time left. I need you to find me again."
"What do you mean? You're... you're still..."
"Break this curse and I'll be free again, please?"
"Curse? What curse?"

     Before I could get an answer, a small portal starts to open.

"I must go. Please find me..."

     Y/N turns away and walks right into that portal. I couldn't bear to lose her again.

"Y/N!"
"Young lord, wait!"

     I reached towards her hand, but my hands started to fade away. As my hands disappeared, it reached towards my whole body as I was starting to disappear from her body.

"Wha- what's happening?"
"Young lord, you're fading away."
"I see that, but why?"
"Her quirk is too pure if touched, you'll disappear from this world."
"But... I-I was able to touch her earlier."
"She allowed it, sir."
"No. No, no, no... Y/N..."

     Before she entered in the portal, YN looked behind with a sad smile.

"Goodbye, Kai."
"Y/N!!!"

   Expecting to disappear for good, I end up waking in such a shock. Sweat was rolling down from my face, my body trembling, breathing heavily from the chest.

'Was all of that real?' I thought to myself as I looked back to Chronostasis.

     He still remained asleep as I slowly rose from my seat. However, as I stood still for a moment, my body shook in such fear I've never experienced before. It's as if I was shot on both of my legs but no wounds appear underneath my bare skin.

'No, I stand corrected...' I mumbled as I stared to massage my legs for a bit. 'It was real.'

     Taking a deep breath, I thought carefully about what she said before I left:

'I need you to find me again... break this curse... Kai.'

"I promise, YN." I vowed quietly, "I'll find you again."

     Just in that instant, from the other side of the city, YN wakes up from her fever.

"Kai..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98K 2.8K 15
After your sister's death, you refuse to follow the path of a hero and instead choose to lead the life of a villain. After joining up with the League...
452K 19.4K 68
Ever since your Quirk first manifested, you've been the apple of everyone's eye. With the goal of becoming a hero, you enroll to U.A. and soon find y...
211K 5.6K 22
You are a villain, he is becoming a hero... You and Bakugou were friends back in kindergarten through Middle school, however after Middle school you...
194K 6.2K 21
It changed him, for the better or worse, it didn't matter. He could still be a hero, whether All Might believed in him or not. ------------------- h...