Cupid & Psyche

By BelleBurns

Let's just face it. Every love story has started with a simple crush on someone. All her high school years, P... More

Author's Note to Copyright
Cupid & Psyche
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter One
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Eight (Revised Chapter)
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Nine
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Ten
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Eleven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twelve
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Fourteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Fifteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Sixteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Seventeen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Eighteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Nineteen
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-one
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Six
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Eight
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Twenty-Nine
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-One
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty- Two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Six
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Eight
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Thirty-Nine
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-One
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Two
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Three
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Four
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Five
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Six
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Seven
Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Forty-Eight
Acknowledgements

Cupid & Psyche: Chapter Six

11.1K 337 47
By BelleBurns

Chapter Six

Okay. This is just too much to take. Breathe in, breathe out, Psyche. Inhale, exhale!

All the while I really regret that I even talked to him. Not to mention that what he said earlier bugs me to death. I want to die. But the more I think of myself as dying the more I know I will still love it. It’s just hard to explain.

I didn’t let him talk afterwards and I just slammed the door to his face. I faced the mirror that was entirely big in their comfort room. Just seeing myself there even scares me. I am mad at myself being born.  I am mad at my parents because they even agreed on this ridiculous agreement of getting me married to that jerk. I was not even talking or walking when they did that agreement! I was not even formed yet! Clever act I must say. Now I don’t know if I do have any options regarding this.

I sat on the toilet bowl and I tried to mourn for the death of my freedom. I gathered myself up close and I leaned my head on my knees. A tear was about to escape my eye when I heard a knock on the door.

“Are you even planning on coming out?” he said.

I sighed. “If the case is that you really need to pee then I’ll go out.”

He knocked again.

“Go away!” I shouted as I fight back the tears.

“You know, it’s not bad if you talk to Me.” he prompted.

“Talk to you about what?” I sniffed. Now he’s mocking me.

“Well… about this. Maybe we could, you know, figure this out?”

“There’s no way out, Lover boy. I know my parents very well. They love a good jazz square!”

“What?” I hear the frown in his voice.

I rolled my eyes. “They love a good show, okay?”

“Oh.” He says. “But you haven’t even tried yet. So how will you know?”

“It’s because I know there’s no way that they would let me out of this. My parents are Shakespearean addicts! Oh for crying out hysterics!”

“And they love a good jazz square.” He adds. I was about to agree when he continued.

“Psyche,” he said my name like a whisper in thin air. And I was like this Toilet Queen. Day dreaming about his lips whispering my name all over again. OH SHUT UP! Sweet dream turned into a terrible nightmare!

 “Psyche,”

“Please, just give me some time, Cu-“ I even choke on trying to mention his name. “Cupid.”

“I won’t leave you here alone.” He retorted.

I sighed heavily as I tried to be more patient with him.

“You are not really a good listener aren’t you? Dumb.” He snickers from the door.

“But I guess you are a good listener.” He says, there’s a slight smile to his voice.

“Yes, I am and I am a GMRC student—I’m an obedient daughter too. Period.”

“Maybe I should look over your records to see if you have any criminal records.”

“Well, good luck for that!” I shouted as I stood up and wondered around their huge comfort room.

The lotion then fell off the shelf and it made some annoying clattering sounds as it fell to the ground.

“I believe you are not going to touch those things.” He said in a fair warning.

“And why?” I picked up the fallen lotion from the ground.

“Just get out of there first.” He commanded.

“Why should I obey to you?” I said sounding annoyed now.

“I thought you are obedient.”

“Have you heard it wrong or have I said it wrong? I’m obedient to my parents.”

He laughed from outside. “I really think you should come out now.”

“Not if you’re out there.” I prompted as I checked the other shelves and found a picture of a lady in her mid- thirties.

He sighed and I smiled as I thought he’d go and leave me alone now.

“Fine, go ahead and suit yourself. But don’t come out crying if you feel something weird.”

“Wait, what does that mean?” I asked as I found myself moving towards the door.

He whistled which entirely irritated me more.

“Kyah! I’m asking you!”

“Call me by my name first.”

I groaned and I heard him chuckle silently.

“Okay.” He finally gave in and I leaned on the door that separated us to hear him more clearly.

“Well…?”

“Have you seen that picture on the shelf?” He asked.

I looked back at the frame that I was holding. “Yeah. Why?”

“Actually, that’s my aunt Eliza. She died two years ago.” He answered. “In this CR.”

“Mother fuc—“ I let go of the picture frame, immediately went out of the CR and threw myself unintentionally at him since he was just standing outside the door. My hands were entirely wrapped around his neck and our noses were even touching. Yeah, we are kind of that tight. (Tight is another term for close)

“That would do the trick.” He smirked at me.

I sneered at him and I pulled away. “Nice game.”

I straightened my clothes and I walked pass him.

“Wait—“ he held my hand in time that my sister arrived and caught us.

“What are you two doing here?” she asked as she eyed us suspiciously.

“What are you doing here?” Cupid asked her.

Persephone crossed her arms to her chest. “I believe I asked the question first, Cupid.”

 By the way they look and talk to each other; I believe that there is something fishy going on with them. That’s when I thought, Persephone is my twin sister! Maybe she would be glad to take my place of marrying this jerk. Besides, she would love the attention.

“You don’t have any business here, Persephone.”

My eyes widened at the tone of his voice and he just winked at me. Can you believe it? He just winked at me!

“I just came here to tell my sister that dinner’s ready.” She said and she led us to the dining room together with Cupid’s parents and my parents. That was the lamest lie I have ever heard. My sister never looks for me.

“What are you playing at?” I caught up with him when I saw my sister far from hearing.

“You mean, what you are playing at?” he threw my question back to me as he leaned in close.

I pushed him away from me. “I am not into games, lover boy.”

He scoffed. “Then why don’t you just try to be nice with me?”

“I don’t have to because I don’t want to.” I prompted and I caught up with my sister before he pulls me back again and makes another scene.

I took the blank seat beside my mom and to my dismay; Cupid took his seat across from me. This is just joy!  Now I can really enjoy the night with him facing me. But another thing that annoys me is that when we both sat down all their eyes were on us. Shoot me; I know that they are going to break the news to us now. I looked at Cupid as if to tell him to escape but then he just smirked at me! What do you call a flirt guy?

“You really look good together.” My mom started. Here comes the canon ball!

“Yeah, I agree.” Cupid’s grandma said as she studies the both of us.

“Why don’t we just eat? The food looks really great.” I said to distract them.

“Cupid, son, why don’t you lead the prayer?” I noticed the blonde haired lady, might be Cupid’s mom—obvious enough because of their similar hair color and nose.

Cupid nodded and he placed his hands together in a praying position. I bit my lip to prevent myself from laughing hard on this scene. I wish I brought my video camera with me! Definitely, a lot of girls would die to see this video post on Youtube!

As soon as he was done we all dug in our food. It was Mrs. Confiar; Cupid’s mom, specialty as his father would say and I must agree that it was really good. Then I just ate and ate until there was no place for midnight snacks for me later. When I’m depressed I really just have this serious eating disorder.

 I glanced up at Cupid only to see him amazedly looking at me. I swallowed hard and I just let him do that. I know that I could not pinch his eyes with my fork since I respect that this is their house and this fork belongs to his family.

“Talking about birthdays,” my dad started and he looked at me. I was startled a little bit since I haven’t got the message earlier. “I believe Cupid and Psyche has the same?”

I coughed. State the obvious we are now going on with the real topic of the evening. Why don’t they just be frank with it?

I drank my glass of water, wiped my mouth with the table napkin and I sat up straight.

“Yeah. It was just destiny.” My mom said dreamily.

“Enough with the destiny thing, mom. It’s just gross. Remember that Persephone and I are twins.” I frowned at her and they all laughed.

“Oh honey, Pers’ birthday is on February 13. She’s two hours ahead of you.” she taps my head.

Right. I was born after midnight which explains I’m the Valentine Girl.

“That explains it.” Persephone murmurs as she plays with her food.

I slid myself down from my chair. I feel so awful even saying that.

“I mean it’s so cute that the two kids were born on the same day and you know, here they are together again—“

“Why don’t you just say it that you wanted me to marry him?” I nodded towards Cupid’s direction and the atmosphere began to tense. Ooops.

“How did you know?” Lauren asks me as he paid me an interesting look.

“Well, it’s just obvious that—“

“I told her already by accident.” Cupid saved me before I could even get through.

“Aw, Cupid, you ruined the surprise!” his mom said.

“I just thought that it isn’t a good idea.” He said.

“Why not? It’s just so romantic!” his mom defended.

“Romantic for you but it’s completely bizarre for us.” Cupid prompted. “We just met each other and it would be really hard to just force ourselves to fall for each other.”

Wow. Was I hearing him right? I was like this sweet innocent girl looking up to the next president of the United States.

The adults became quiet and they threw each other glances. I know that Cupid has a point. They don’t have the right to force us to do this. Especially now that my debut is just a few months away. I’ll be liberated by then. But then even though I was glad of the outcome I can’t somehow feel so happy to see such disappointed faces. I mean, they waited for this day and I don’t even know if they really want this but I can’t help but feel guilty about not following them. I’m so fragile. Shudi. (Shudi is an expression.)

Lauren sighed. “Maybe you are right. It’s wrong for us to force you kids to do this. It’s not fair to the both of you.”

I looked at my hands because I couldn’t face any of them anymore.

“But why can’t you just try and see if you could work things out?” I looked up to see Cupid’s grandma talking.

“Grams,” Cupid looked at her pleadingly as he shoots short glances at me.

I felt myself giving a sigh as I try to feel numb about this.

“What do you think, Psyche?” she looked at me, smiling without those teeth and I really have a soft spot for older people. Awww…

“I…” Cupid looked at me.

“I think it’s not a bad thing to try.” I said tentatively. Afterwards I imagine myself being poured with cold water.

Cupid looked at me in disbelief. I just frowned at him and I looked away. My eyes caught sight of my sister who was still playing with her food like she was not even in herself. Seriously, what happened to her?

“That’s terrific!” his grandma clapped her hands.

“Why don’t you two go outside and walk. We adults just need to talk about this.” Lauren told us and we both stood up.

“I think I should go home first.” My sister stood up too. “I’m kind of not feeling well.”

“Oh, get some rest, Pers. Don’t worry, Phoebe might be home soon.” My mom said. She nodded and she went out without another word.

Cupid let me go out first and then he followed me outside. I was looking down as I walked out of their porch. Then I heard him close the door behind him and I turned around to face him.

“What’s your plan now?” I asked.

He placed his hands in his pockets as he looked at me intently.

“I was going to make you out of this. But you just led your way back in.”

I sighed heavily.

“Why did you do that?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged as I faced the garden. “Your grandma… she was really nice. I couldn’t afford to disappoint her.”

“And by continuing this you will.” He prompted.

I felt the cool autumn breeze fill the air and it touched my skin. I hugged myself to prevent from being cold. Then I felt warm cloth around. I look to my side only to see Cupid lending me his jacket.

“Thank you.” I muttered.

“You know, I’m not going to lie to you, Psyche. But the first time I saw you, I know that there’s something about you. I can’t…” he fell silent for a while as if thinking of the right words to say. “I can’t explain what it is but it was so different. There’s something in you that is special.”

I crossed my arms and I raised my eyebrows at him.

 He laughed. “No. I can’t figure it out yet.” He moved close to me. “I’ll tell you when I know.”

I nodded. “Well, I’ll be looking forward to that.”

He smiled at me—his signature smile; the one that his eyes smile with his lips.

“I won’t lie to you, too.” I started. “But I’m not really mad at you.”

His eye brows rose. “Then why are you all grumpy face with me?”

I thought of the right word to say but it ended up like this. “I’ll tell you when I know.”

He snorts at me. “Then, I’ll be looking forward to that, too.”

I sighed as I feel the autumn air again.

“I was thinking, what if we really give it a try?” he asked.

I turned to him. “Huh?”

He rolled his eyes. “Why don’t we try?”

“Try what?” my eyebrows met now.

He sighed. “Why don’t we try and see if we could be developed.”

I snickered immediately.

 “I am not joking.” He said seriously.

“Oh, you’re not?”

“You said you don’t want to disappoint my grandmother.’

“Oh.”

“Then…?”

“Oh then… what do we do?” I asked, feeling like a total idiot.

He thought for a while.

“Ten seconds!” I shouted to distract him.

“Wait! I’m thinking—“

“Ten, nine…”

“Psyche!”

“Eight, seven. Six…”

“Could you just let me talk?”

“Time is running! Five seconds, lover boy!” I laughed and continued counting. “Five, four, three, two, one—“

“Let me court you.”

Property of BelleBurns©

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 161 56
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...
381 11 18
A story of a 17-year-old boy named Pure. He is a lonely guy that hasn't felt the real touch of love. He has had girlfriends but the feeling of happin...
1.1M 47.1K 39
*to be edited: please excuse any continuity errors and / or mistakes in regards the writing quality of Hades* You could say that a lot has happened t...
754 0 1
Story 1 : I have two weirdest-hottie-hunk-sexy-player childhood friends that shoo-ed every boys and men and girls or women are jealous of me. They co...