Sharing Cigarettes

By oliviahoney1

It was Las Vegas. We were stupid, reckless, and in love. More

Disclaimer๏ฟผ
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
Epilogue๏ฟผ
The End & Thank You

43

10.1K 276 536
By oliviahoney1

Alice Avery

It was only the second time I had ever been on a plane. I hated flying, plane crashes horrified me. My hands were shaking, my palms were wet, and my leg bounced up and down rapidly as we began take off.

Theo agreed to give me his plane ticket, I ran into a few complications with it when I got to the airport but they were eventually resolved. Before I left I had time to shower and clean myself up, I finally ate and the uneasy feeling in my stomach vanished. I made Theo promise me not to tell anyone where I was, no one needed to know. If someone were to ask where I was he would simply say I was out of town.

I had an outline of a plan, it was messy and filled with gaps but I had a rough idea of what I was going to do once the plane landed. I was going to Chicago for Vince, why was I going for him? I hadn't figured that out yet. I wasn't worried or scared but rather excited, I was curious about the life of a free criminal.

The flight wouldn't be long, was only about three hours. I'd occupy my time by reading, listening to music and maybe I'd try to get some shuteye. I've packed enough for a few days but I don't plan on staying even that long, one or two nights is plenty.

The few hours were spent with me falling in and out of sleep, I'd read a chapter or two when I woke up and when I felt myself drifting off I'd set my book on my lap and lean my head back. It was painfully repetitive but it passed the time.

Turbulence rumbled as the plane set to land. I shut me eyes and gripped onto the arm rest beside me. Several minutes later I felt the rough touchdown, I exhaled and opened my eyes again. I lifted my back form my seat and gathered the few things around me, ensuring I wouldn't forget anything. I waited patiently for my turn to walk in the aisle, I grabbed my bags in the compartment above and walked off the plane.

I figured now I would find a hotel and try to track down Vince. I wandered the streets for awhile, I felt a sliver of comfort being back here. Although much of my trauma is rooted here, I still made good memories within the bad.

I pulled a cigarette from the front pocket of my backpack and smoked it as I walked along the street. I walked by a cemetery, I wondered if my mother was buried in there. I couldn't help but laugh at the idea, who walks down the street and thinks of that? My life was something I found utterly hilarious, I couldn't even say it was out of a movie because you can't make this kind of stuff up.

I eventually found a nearby hotel and got myself a room. I dropped off most of my things, I just kept my phone, wallet, cigarette, lighter, and key card on me. I grabbed a light jacket on my way out and I hit the sidewalk again.

I waved for a cab and got in the back. "1662 Monterey Avenue please" I told the driver and they pushed on the gas.

It felt necessary to go there, I doubt Vince would be there but it was worth a shot. I soon stood outside my childhood home, the red brick was faded, the door boarded up. I walked around on the dead grass and replayed small details of my life. It was odd being back here, the past was an ugly feeling.

A car drove behind me. I didn't think anything of it until it stopped. I head the door open, a pair of footsteps hitting the pavement, the door closed, footsteps got closer, they stood beside me, he stood beside me, Vince and I looking at the house,

"How'd you find me?" I asked into the quiet.

"I've had eyes on you for awhile."

Figures, I thought to myself. "I know everything," I said to him. "About you and the Mafia."

"Good for you," he said simply.

I sighed. "What happened? To the house?"

"After Angie died-"

"After you killed Angie," I corrected him.

He chuckled. "Right, well after you left she was the only one left in the house, now she's dead so I don't need the house anymore."

"Where do you live now?"

"Get in the car," he said and turned my way.

"Am I gonna get a gun held to my head again?"

"Am I?"

I scoffed, "I don't trust you and I'm not looking to die today."

"I'm not going to kill you, Alice. At least not today." He laughed, I didn't.

"You're twisted," I voiced.

"So are you."

I looked away from him and glared at the car door before I opened it. I couldn't tell if this were a bad idea, maybe I'd benefit from this small trip. Events that involve Vince have never ended well because he was always in the drivers seat. I love to say that times have changed and that I'm the one stepping on the pedal, I just have to prove it.

I sat in the back of the car, as did Vince. There was a driver at the front who he barked orders at. I laughed, "you're rich now?"

"I always have been, just never spent that money on you."

I wasn't at all surprised by the way he spoke to me, it was all I've ever known. "Did Angie always know about the Mafia? Did you both hide it from me for 22 years?"

"Yeah we hide it from you," he nodded carelessly.

"Why?"

"You didn't need to know. Besides, you wouldn't have been able to handle it." He answered, I laughed again and he didn't seem to like that very much. "What's so fucking funny?"

"You dragged me through hell the second I learned how to walk. Don't tell me what I can't handle." I snapped and his face turned red, I grinned. "Go for it, hit me."

He turned away from me, readjusting his tie. The car stopped and the driver spoke, "we're here sir."

Still refusing to look at me, Vince got out of the car and I followed. The house was huge, far too big for just himself.

"Did you happen to get a new family while I was gone?"

"Watch your attitude." He scolded me, it was the most fatherly thing he's ever done. My sarcasm brought him rage, I made a mental note to keep it up.

"You didn't answer my question."

"The only people that live here are Colton, Reed, and myself. I'm hoping to get Trent to move to Chicago too," he added. Yes please, take him.

"Who's Reed?"

"You'll meet him."

The interior inside was very plain, but elegant. It was deathly quiet inside to the point where it had become uncomfortable. A part of me suddenly became angry as I studied the house further. "You don't deserve this," I said quietly.

"What's that?"

"You don't deserve this," I said louder. "All of the money, you get away with everything."

He smiled, "I'm glad that upsets you."

I tired my best to pause my frustration for the time being, I ignored his comment.

"Come sit," he gestured to a sitting area. A near by table held a few liquor bottes and he began pouring himself a drink. "We need to catch up, don't we? Would you like a drink."

"For all I know you'll lace it with something, I'm fine."

He took a seat across from me. "Why'd you come back here, miss me?"

"You're oblivious and I fucking love it."

His eyebrows raised, "what am I oblivious to?"

"Ricky Noir," I stated and let his mind wander.

"Yes, he's one of my best men."

"Mhm, one of my best too."

His face fell ever so slowly. I may be ruining Ricky's life right now, it didn't matter, he ruined mine first. I don't know what Vince would do, maybe I'd witness Vince plot his death. I still didn't care.

"How- what? How do you know Ricky? I loved the way he stammered, I could listen to it all day.

"Ricky is one of Theo's best friends, I met him back in April." I spoke smoothly while staring him in the eye. "Him and I have done some things together, things you don't ever want your little princess doing-"

"Stop," he barked. "Shut up!"

"I can see why you liked him. He's cowardly, like you"

"We aren't cowards." Vince defended in a low, rough tone.

"Really?" I leaned forward. "You like to hit your daughter and when she runs off you chase her and hit her again. You're a moron, Dad. As for your boy Ricky, he kept this big, bad Mafia secret from me. Claimed that he was doing to all to protect me. Guess what, he's a fucking moron too." I leaned back in my chair. "You don't scare me in the slightest, but you daddy, you'll be having nightmares about me."

He finished off his drink and refilled it. "Why are you here?" He repeated his questions from earlier. He didn't seem to care about Ricky and I, I was glad.

"Why did you kill Angie?" I needed everything answered, down to every last detail.

"Your mother was a saint."

"April fools was two months ago.

"I'm serious," he snapped. "She never wanted to put her hands on you, hurt you in anyway. I made her do it. I threatened a lot of things, made a lot of punishment's for her in case she didn't do what I asked. She loved you, she was devastated when you left. After Colton told us where you were she started packing her bags. She was caught on her way, she didn't live long after that."

"She was your wife, how could you do something like that to her?" My question was stupid but I asked it anyway.

He shrugged casually. "I couldn't trust her. Besides, she was costing me money that I didn't want to spend."

"So you killed her?"

"I didn't, couldn't find time to do it. I believe it was Ricky who finished the job."

"But you ordered it. You sent someone to kill your wife." It was bizarre to me that a husband would do that to a wife.

"Her ashes are on the shelf in the hallway if you want them."

Before he could take another sip of his drink, I grabbed the glass from his hand and slammed it to the floor. I stood to my feet and pulled him up by his tie. He was much taller than, he looked down at me but I held authority, we both knew that.

"What did I ever do to you?" I demanded an answer. "Why did you ruin me? Why did you hit me? Why did you like doing it? Why are you proud of it?"

He pushed me away and fell back in my chair.

"You were like your mother, you were too fragile. I made you tough, I made you who you are. You should be thanking me."

"Thanking you?" I asked in disbelief. "You want me to thank you for beating me unconscious when I was a kid?" I spoke in an emotionless tone, I was numb, in shock that he thinks I should thank him.

"I made you strong."

"You robbed me of my life. You fucking ruined me."

We were consumed by silence until a track of footsteps came trailing down the staircase. "Family reunion?" A strangers voice echoed.

"Not the time Reed."

I didn't look behind me. Reed seemed to ignore Vince and joined us, sitting in the chair beside me. "Is this the famous Alice?" Reed's Boston accent was admirable.

"Am I a celebrity in this household?"

"Sweetie everyone talks about you," he replied.

"Leave us." Vince demanded as he glared at Reed.

"Fine, fine. Alice, it was nice to finally meet you. I hope to see more of you"

I smiled at him before he disappeared out the front doors. "He's too kind to be here," I said to Vince.

"You talked to him for 10 seconds."

"I read people very well." I pulled a cigarette out and brought it to a flame. I was agitated and needed some relief.

"Don't smoke in here."

"Cry me a river."

He took the cigarettes from my fingers. "What are you doing here, is there something you actually need?"

If only he knew I had no idea what that something was.

I reached for my smoke and he raised his hand. "Do it," I encouraged him. "I dare you." He let his guard down and I retrieved my cigarette.

"Why are you here?" He asked for the third time.

"How many times are you going to ask that question?" I puffed the smoke out of my mouth.

"I'll stop when you answer it."

I looked at him, my teeth clamped together. "I don't know why I'm here, I don't know. My whole life has been a lie, I'm a fucking cliché."

"Save me the pity party." He told me in a bitter tone, we sat in silence once again.

I inhaled the tobacco and held it in my throat before I blew it out towards his face. "Everyone talks about me? They know you have a daughter, do they know what you've done to me?" 

"They all want to meet you." Vince said, he didn't like saying it. "They know all about you and your mother."

"Why do they want to meet me?"

It didn't make much sense to me. I was hardly his daughter, who was I to them? He didn't answer me, my suspicious naturally grew and I let myself think. I had all the pieces and I was close to finishing the puzzle, a picture would soon form but it wouldn't be a pretty one.

"Who's second in command?"

A wicked grin slowly appeared on his face. "Why do you think I treated you the way I did? I was preparing you."

"Who's second in command?" I asked again and I was frightened of the answer.

His grin was full, "you are."

A/N
Kill me if you want idk
<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 709 25
"๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ." ๐ˆ ๐›๐ข๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฉ. "๐…๐ฎ๐œ๐ค ๐ฆ๐ž ๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ž." ๐‡๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ซ๐ค๐ž๐. ๐‡๐ž ๐ฉ๐ข๐œ๐ค...
183K 2.1K 18
She's a mess. But she's his mess. #289 in Sexy 3/15/21 #11 in MafiaLove 10/12/20 #1 in MafiaPrincess 3/29/21
8.6K 585 27
Everything was simply perfect in the realm of Terrorland until a phone call changed everything. Nikki's world was crumbling. Yet, spiteful Tommy coul...