Take Me As I Am (Completed)

By myheartsmistake

I don't like One Direction. So can someone please tell me why I'm stuck on a game show with the five boys who... More

Take Me As I Am
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Alternate Ending ~ Nick
Alternate Ending ~ Harry
Alternate Ending ~ Liam
Alternate Ending ~ Niall
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-Three

366K 7.3K 906
By myheartsmistake

Dedication to XLoveMeDooX, because she was the first to guess correctly where Louis' group was going! :)

Chapter Twenty-Three.

I was extremely skeptical on where we were going, especially after we were informed that we absolutely, positively, must remember our swimsuits. That really couldn't be good, now could it? Especially since, if you couldn't tell, I don't touch bikinis with a ten foot pole. So I had managed to find my one piece and my board shorts, already anticipating the 'oh my god, are you a nun?' comments.

I had managed to only use the pool in our house when all the annoying girls were gone.. And mostly at night when no one else would go outside. 

I wasn't exactly looking forward to my 'date' with Louis. Sure, he was fun.. But Talia and Teresa were over the top fangirls. They were obsessed with the fact that they were currently on a TV show with 'the boys.' You could tell from the way they talked, they didn't quite believe that the boys were really there. They assumed everything they had read in magazines and saw in interviews were all completely true. They were obsessed to the point where they honestly knew nothing about the boys.

Sure enough, the two girls were dressed in stripes and carrying carrots when I arrived downstairs for our departure. I questioned what made One Direction fans think Louis was obsessed with carrots. I could ask, but I'd much rather not. 

I stayed quiet as Louis herded us outside, quite resembling a sheepdog. Talia immediately asked if we were going somewhere where carrots were. Louis shook his head and I swear I saw him grimace. We continued out to the limo, and jeez.. Always a limo. We weren't on The Bachelor, so why did we need a pancaking limo every single time? That was something to look forward at home. No limo service.

"Where are we going?" Teresa inquired as she adjusted herself in the limo.

Since there were only two of them, they each positioned themselves on each side of him.. basically trapping him between the two. I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

I mean, they were sweet girls. They probably couldn't harm a fly, unless it was by accident. Which was what I was afraid would happen with Louis. They wouldn't purposefully hurt him, I knew that much. They might suffocate him, but it'd be an accident.

"We're going to Alaska," he replied without hesitance.

"Wait.. Really?" Talia scrunched her eyebrows up, a determined thinking expression scattered across her tan face. She seemed to be trying to figure out where Alaska was.

"Yes. We're going to visit Santa and his elves," Louis continued, a smile cracking. 

We made eye contact and his expression told me to keep silent. But I don't listen to people, bad habit. 

"You're wrong. Santa and his elves live in Hawaii," I replied.

"You're both yanking our chains, aren't you?" Teresa spoke up after a forty second silence.

Louis started cracking up, and I tried my best to cover up my laugh with my hand.

"Yanking our chains? I've never heard that used in real life before," I said.

We drifted off into silence, although Talia quickly salvaged us from thinking about Abraham Lincoln.. As she started rambling off about some new 1D merchandise and how it was her absolutely favorite thing of all time. I didn't quite understand.

Although, when do I ever understand anything?

~*~*~

Fifteen minutes after we had reached our destination, I was being submerged into the freezing cold water by a male hand. And considering the only male that would do that was Louis, I was furious. Kind of. Talia and Teresa were muttering over and over again how they couldn't believe they were the only ones at a water park and that Louis Tomlinson was with them. Wow. Dream come true.

Just as Louis pushed me into the water, they turned on the wave machine. It resembled an ocean, and waves started pelting us repeatedly. No complaints from my lips though, despite what some might say, I adored waterparks. And this was quite possibly the most exciting group date there had been.

"You doing okay-"

A wave cut off Louis mid-sentence, as it crashed into him. A few seconds later, he emerged from the water spluttering and cursing. 

I couldn't help the laughter that bubbled out of my lips. "No, I believe the question is.. Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, peachy-keen.." He coughed out.

"Oh my gosh! How could you laugh? What if he had died? Oh no, thank you for living, Louis!" Talia wrapped her arms around him and started squeezing tightly.

"You're going to actually kill him if you continue to squeeze his guts out. Also, beware. Wave." The last word fell from my lips just before I ducked under the crystal water.

I forced my eyes shut, feeling my hair floating up to the top of the surface. I curled myself into a small ball and I felt the wave whoosh over me. I then pushed off the bottom and burst back up.

"I think I'm done with getting abused by waves. What about the Cliffhanger? Let's go on the Cliffhanger! Come along, then!" Louis started swimming towards the ladder half-submerged in the water, not waiting for our confirmation.

We all doggypaddled after him, finally emerging from the water. The air hit us like a truck. I practically waddled towards where the twenty-one year old was already climbing the stairs to the 90 degree drop. Not only that, it was sixty feet high.

"Al, you wanna go first?" Louis offered, brandishing the slide in front of us as if it was a prize. 

"Are you too chicken?" I teased, hand on hip.

Louis and I had a ten second staring contest before he set himself up in the water.

"Don't call me chicken, because I am not a chicken. I'm a lion," were his final words before plunging straight down into the water. 

We were surrounded by girly squeals (That I would never have believed had come from Louis if I hadn't seen it for myself) until all was silent.

"Uh, well, Al, you can go. I think I'm going to skip out on this ride," Talia squeaked out before hurrying back down the stairs we had just come up. Teresa was quick to follow.

I took a deep breath, trying my best to swallow all the fear that engulfed me suddenly. The lifeguard sent me a smile.

"I won't tell him you backed out," he spoke as I eyed the slide before me.

"I don't quit. Anything." I sent him a small smile before pushing myself off.

The feeling that came with going down was exhilarating. It finished before I really had time to realize what was happening. As I stood up, Louis started clapping.

"You got balls," he declared. 

I made an over-exaggeration of looking down before turning to him. "No, no, I don't."

"Hey! Hey, Louis. Why don't we go on that slide over there? You know, the one with the tubes?" Teresa placed her manicured hand on Louis' bicep and smiled. It was almost kind of sweet, except for the fact that her eyes were glazed over. She still didn't seem to think Louis or the other boys were real.

Louis reluctantly agreed and Talia scurried after them so she could watch them come down. I glanced around me and reveled in the fact that I was pretty much alone.

And I had complete access to an empty waterpark. Honestly, this could very possibly be the most magical to ever have happened since the invention of Nutella.

I walked towards the more crazy waterslides, aware of one of the camera guys following along beside me.

"Hey man, what's up?" I said offhandedly as my bare feet pounded against the concrete.

"The usual. I honestly don't think I need to film you right now. And I kind of feel like a creep following you around like this," he laughed as he lowered the camera to his side. I noticed that it was actually not as large as it looks and can easily be carried with one arm. "But we're not allowed to let you wander off by yourself."

"'And don't wander off!'" I quoted from memory, before catching the guy's raised eyebrow. "Doctor Who."

"Ah, I've heard of it." He replied. I turned to look at him. He didn't look to old, maybe in his late twenties. He didn't seem too bad.

"By the way, hi. I'm Al." I reached out to shake his hand.

"Cole."

"Nice to meet you, Cole. And since I now have you watching out for me, I'm allowed to go anywhere, right?" I grinned.

"Within reason, yeah." 

"Then come on, that ride looks whack." I pointed at the V-shaped ride.

~~~~~

Follow me on social networking sites!

twitter; MyHeartsMistake

tumblr; autumnsramblings.tumblr.com

instagram; MyHeartsMistake

:) 

Have a beautiful day, lots of love!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 125 16
Three best friends go to a party and meet the one and only boys of One Direction. That's great, isn't it? It is indeed, until some crazy person start...
11.3K 218 19
Six teenage girls, who just so happen to be spy's, get assigned a mission to rescue One Direction. But when they discover that the have feelings for...
21.3K 324 25
When all of Lucy's best friends have boyfriends she's feeling down to say the least. There is one boy though, Harry Styles, who she is crazy about. A...
5K 127 29
Life is full of unexpected surprises. Stephanie meets One Direction during school. Since that day, those 5 boys changed her life. Stephanie is asked...