I died and was reborn into an...

By watermakesfrogsgay

I opened my eyes and thought I was in heaven I soon realised that I was mistaken This was utter hell I'm in... More

Prologue
Before ball - Age 10
Before Ball - Age 11
Part 2
Before Ball - Age 13
Before ball - Age 15
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Before Ball - Age 16
Part 2
Anastasia Nightingale
Before Ball - Age 17
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Characters uwuwu
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Before Ball - Age 18
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
The Ball - Day 1
The Ball - Day 2
The Ball - Day 3
The Ball - Day 4
The Ball - Day 5
A Free Afternoon
A Chaotic Evening
A Confusing Morning
Departing
Thrinacia
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Waking up
Part 2
Crossroads
Selene
A deal
The dungeon

A Conversation

855 40 14
By watermakesfrogsgay

Jayne's head throbbed as she woke up on a surprisingly soft surface. She grabbed her head as she felt its weight and squinted at the light. Looking around, she saw she was in some small room. It was white, unusual considering the country's aesthetic, and there was a glass of water and Jayne snatched and gulped down.

"I see you're awake, good." Selene appeared from nowhere, causing Jayne to scream, and dropped her glass, smashing across the floor.

"Jesus Christ!" Jayne put her heart on her chest.

Selene squinted her eyes, glaring into her soul. Jayne looked back at her, a cat gazing upon a lion as if they were equals. "You should be grateful, your benevolent prince has just saved your life."

"What?" She sat up, resting her back against the bedrest.

"Desmideus," she sighed just thinking about him, "we struck a deal. You return safely to Aeaea, and him and I wed." She giggled at the thought.

"What?" Jayne's eyes jumped out of her sockets at the abysmal news.

"It's great, isn't it, we both get what we want, you your freedom, and me my prince." She did a little twirl and then her face darkened, "Speaking of which." She raised her hand and once again started choking Jayne who scratched her neck to try and pry the force off her, "I bind you from being unable to tell anyone of what yesterday, okay?" She unclenched her hand and Jayne coughed rapidly, trying to breathe air as she was finally free.

"The story is that I found you and your dragon out in the wild and brought you back here to help heal the wounds that the dragon inflicted on you, you say anything else and I kill your dragon." She stared at her, the look in her eyes indicating that she was not kidding.

"Why not just brainwash me or compel me to say that instead?" Jayne spat, caressing her neck.

"Oh, I would, but magic has it's constrictions."

"You mean you not poweful enough to do those sorts of things." Jayne smirked, enjoying the tease despite what she knew what the consequences were.

"I'd watch your tongue if I were you." Selene snarled, "The second that we recite our wedding vows I can easily make your death look like an accident."

"Maybe killing me will just set me free from this world and journey to the next." Jayne stared back, refusing to let the villainess intimidate her, as Jayne gathered, for as long as her and Desmideus and married, he would go back on his word if Jayne were to die prematurely.

Selene only scoffed at Jayne's statement, "Perhaps, but no nothing is for certain after death, don't pretend you don't fear it."

"Well by that sense, you fear death too."

"As if you were any threat to me to be able to end my life."

"Maybe not me personally, but I know people." She thought of the idea of Biastos ripping her to shreds and get this whole ordeal over and done with.

Selene stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking, "Desmideus will be arriving by ship in two days, I suggest not doing anything idiotic in between." She turned to leave.

"Wait." Jayne called out, "Why am I not in a dungeon, and why have my wounds been tended to?"

Selene turned her head around, "Desmideus is under the pretense that I found you, he does not know what happened yesterday, hence why I put that spell on you, the last thing I need is Dessy to know what a bad girl I've been." She then slammed the door and left.

Jayne sighed and put her head on her pillow, wanting to sleep for the next two days, but as fate wouldn't let her relax, there was a knock on her door and someone rushed in. Jayne lifted her head to see Helios.

"Jayne." He smiled, carrying something as he placed it down by her bedside, "How are you doing?" His eyes sparkled.

"What are you doing here?" Jayne shot daggers at him, "get out."

"J-Jayne?" Helios fumbled, his eyes quivering.

"If it wasn't for and you brother, I wouldn't be in this mess." She snapped.

"I-" Helios bit his lip. Jayne had every right to be mad at him, "I'm sorry." He bowed his head in shame, "It's just, if I didn't do as she said, she would've killed me, and I tried as hard as a could to delay the inevitable." He looked back up, hoping that his attemps would be praised.

Jayne clenched her jaw, thinking back to when they first met, how they got drunk together, how she gave him her first time. A sudden realisation caused Jayne to nearly cry, "That... that time we met, that time we... had sex, that was a set up, wasn't it?"

"What? No, no, I had no idea who you were at the time I swear!" They were both crying at this point.

"Then why the hell were you in Aeaea in this first place?" Jayne grasped her her, sobbing.

"I- I, okay yes, I was looking for a girl named Jayne because Selene asked me to, but once I found out it was you I did everything I could to prevent Selene from finding out!" Helios cried.

Jayne bit her lip and placed her hands on her face, scrreaming quietly.

"Jayne?" Helios hovered.

"It's all gone to shit." Jayne laughed dejectedly, "How on earth has it come to this." She was monologing, acting as if Helios wasn't there, "All I tried to do is was set up one of the capture targets with the heroine, anad by doing so, I have casued one death, two kidnappings, and we're currently on the path to the bad ending!" Jayne was going hysterical.

"What- What do you mean?" Helios was growing concerned over Jayne's mental state. Just what did Selene do to her?

Jayne looked at Helios and groaned, "If Desmideus marries Selene, it will most likely trigger the bad ending, aka, armogeddan, ragnorak, the end of the world."

Helios froze, "huh?" He could tell that Jayne didn't want Princee Desmideus to marry Selene, but to say that it would cause the end of the world is litte extreme... Did she like Prince Desmideus, "Well, technically speaking, I'm a prince too."

"Huh?" Jayne cringed, "What does that got to do with anything?"

"Uh, well-" Helios stumbled.

"Oh!" Jayne gasped, "I've got it. The patriachy!"

"...Huh?"

"You're a bastard, right? But if you were to get legitimised, you would then become next in line to the throne."

"Uh, well, I'm younger thatn Selene, so technically no..."

"Damn it." Jayne smashed her hand against the bed, "Goddam Thrinicia and believing in equality."

"...Huh?" Helios was befuddled.

Jayne covered her mouth with her hand, "We need to do something, if Desmideus has agreed to marry Selene on the terms that I am safe returned home, the perhaps we need to change that."

"No." Helios grabbed onto Jayne's arm, taking a more serious tone that Jayne seldomly saw, "I'm not letting you get hurt."

Jayne pulled out of his grasp, "You already have." Helios heart panged, "All I need to do is leave the palace and get back to Aeaea on my own."

"Good luck trying to escape." Helios snickered.

Jayne then looked at Helios and grabbed his hands, clasping them, ignoring his igniting blush, "We can work together, you know, we can go back home to Aeaea and can make sure that Desmideus grants you protection, you don't have to worry about Selene every again." She bargained.

A deal where Helios would be able to spend the rest of his life by Jayne's side AND away from Selene, who would he be to pass that up, "But... how would we escape?"

"Biastos." Jayne said, "he's here somewhere, probably encacipated, if you were to just... free and help him, we could go back home."

Helios hesitently nodded his head, "It would be hard... he would obviously be guarded."

"You're a Vaxater, are you not?"

"I'm a bastard, I don't have powe-"

"That's not what I meant." Jayne interrupted, "Vaxater's are known for having dragon's blood running through their veins, and with that, magic, do not have any magic?"

Helios gaped and Jayne's pleading eyes, he didn't want to dissapoint her, "I- I don't think so..." He cast his eyes down

"I don't believe that." Jayne grabbed his jaw and made him look up at her, "Everyone has the ability of magic." If Abraham was able to teleport an entire house, surely Helios would be able to do something, "All you need is a vessal it help you if you're struggling."

"I-I can't steal one of Selene's enchantments-"

"That's not what I meant either, any object, infused with a strong emotion is enough to do magic, surely you have something of sentimental attachment."

"Well..." He looked at the ring he was wearing, "this ring belong to my mother." He held it against the light, "She gave it to me, before she was killed right in front of me." He thought longingly, while wearing it, all I've felt was so much hate and grief, but... I've tried doing magic before, but hasn't worked."

Jayne frowned and grabbed his hand, "I- I've never done magic before either, but I do know, that it's sort of like... an extension of one's self, magic is not something you control, but rather it controls you, but you let it do that, you let become an extenison of yourself, to become one with it, you do not demand it's magic, but let the magic borrow your physical strength, and it will let you use it's own power." Jayne was just reciting what Xalvador had said when she played his route many moons ago.

Helios was awed by Jayne's wise words, "I- I think I know what you mean." Helios waas deteremined, "for so long I just wanted the power to put Selene in her place, but in reality, it's not about the desire for power, but for the desire of greatness."

Jayne wasn't too sure what he meant by that but didn't have the energy to find out, "Yes." She simple said.

Helios, in excitement, pulled out a piece of paper in his pocket, an old reciet he didn't need. He closed his eyes and focused, Jayne could see his eye moving underneath the lid as he concentrated. The crumbled paper slowly started to roll on the palm of his hands, and eventually the paper started to levitate.

Jayne gasped in amazement at the sight, but as soon as Helios heard her, his eyes opened and the paper ball fell right onto the bed, "That was so cool." Jayne clappped her hands.

Helios puffed out his chest with pride at her praise, "Well, guess I am a natural." He beamed.

"Great, but do you think you can manage trying to sneak out Biastos?"

Helios scoffed with a newfound sense of confidence, "Well, it's like you said, I'm a Vaxater afterall."

------------------------------------------

A/N: sorry for not updating for nearly 3 months school has been really busy lol. My exams officially end next week so I'm hoping by mid march I can get back to posting regularly. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 537 13
As I woke up in the body of the least psychotic but still psychotic villain in the otome game entitled "Never Forgive Me, Never Forget Me"; I already...
249K 7.4K 60
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
342K 18.5K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
3.4K 170 19
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...