The New Girl Around

By coconutobsessed

Hope Harper - Hope gets moved to another orphanage, meaning she has to uproot her whole life. Again. She know... More

Chapter 1 ~ The beggining...
Chapter 2 ~ The Meeting...
Chapter 3 ~ The Project...
Chapter 4 ~ The punishment...
Chapter 5 ~ The Candlestick...
Chapter 6 ~ Ignoring you...
Chapter 7 ~ Lunchtime...
Chapter 8 ~ Mr. Stark...
Chapter 9 ~ The Prank...
Chapter 11 ~ The Message...
Chapter 12 ~ Its A Date...
Chapter 13 ~ The Date...
Chapter 14 ~ Happy...
Chapter 15 ~ Home Sweet Home...
Chapter 16 ~ The Invitation...
Chapter 17 ~ The watch...
Chapter 18 ~ The deal...
Chapter 19 ~ The 'Date'...
Chapter 20 ~ Adopt...
Chapter 21 ~ Powers...
Chapter 22 ~ The Truth...
Chapter 23 ~ Gossip...
Chapter 24 ~ Date...
Chaoter 25 ~ Orphanage...
Chapter 26 ~ Horror Film...
Chapter 27 ~ I like you...
Chapter 28 ~ I cant...
Chapter 29 ~ The Trip...
Chapter 30 ~ The Aftermath...
THE END!!!

Chapter 10 ~ The Dog...

231 10 0
By coconutobsessed

"Well it looks like it's all better now. That was quick." She says as she takes a closer look at my face. She acts as if I'm lying, trying to see if the mark is still there.

I take a step back to move away from her inspecting me, "Uh no I've just covered it with makeup... I really have to go. Sorry." I say quickly, annoyed at the interaction.

She stands up tall and smiles, "that's fine. Hopefully you don't hurt yourself again, somehow. I'll see you around, Bye!" She spits out with hidden venom. She begins to walk away a smug smile on her lips.

I roll my eyes, I've seen many popular girls in my time to know that they're all rude, just sometimes they hide it better. I go to the bathroom and quickly look around. I don't see anyone in there so I quickly lift up my shirt to check on the bruise on your hip and ribs.

They've definitely gone down slightly, but the bruise is still very prominent. The pain is also getting slightly more bearable. Time will heal if, I guess.

"Woah... that didn't happen from your dog..." I jump at the sudden voice. I quickly pull my top down and turn to see Mj staring at the side of my body. "What happened there?" She asks again, her eyes scrunching up in confusion.

I didn't check the stalls, she must have been in one and I didn't notice. "Oh nothing. I just fell down the stairs." I lie, faking a small laugh to try and convince her I'm telling the truth.

"That doesn't look like you fell down the stairs." She argues, walking closer reaching out to lift my top up but I move away instinctively.

"It's fine Mj. It looks worse than it is. You should go back to the cafeteria, I'll be there in a second." I say, really wanting a moment alone. She slowly nods her head and walks out after a few glances at my hip.

I'm just glad she didn't notice the two in my back, or the fresher bruise on my face. I'm gonna have to play myself as a really clumsy person if I'm going to get her to believe me.

After I calm down I leave the toilets and walk to the table, being careful I don't bump into someone. Wouldn't want to have to talk to them about my 'dog'.

As I sit down everyone avoids eye contact with me so I just pretend nothings wrong and hope they forget about it.

Suddenly, Mj breaks the silence, only not with a change of subject. "so what actually happened to you? I mean your hip looks like you've been squished in one of those car flattening machines and your eye... I don't see how you could do that from a fall." She asks, piecing everything together.

I roll my eyes wondering why they won't drop it, every time I got hit in my old schools no one cared, they all assumed I was attention seeking or that I just fell.

"Why won't you believe me? It's really not that interesting." I say, frustrated with all the questions. The bell rings at the end of the sentence, saving me from having to lie even more. I quickly get up and grab my bag, "I'll talk to you guys later." I mumble, walking away before they even have a chance to get up.

~ End Of The Day ~

As I walk out the door I see Peter leaning against the wall and when he sees me he quickly gets up to his feet and walks towards me.

"Hey! So me Ned and Mj are all hanging out, do you want to come?" Before I get the chance to say no, he interrupts me, "We won't mention anything about the juice carton incident. It'll be fun." He says quickly.

I smile and nod my head. It'll be nice to hang out with friends for once, I never usually get to do that.

"R-really? I didn't expect you to say yes. Uh ok well we will be outside waiting for you." He stutters, a large smile spreading across his fall face. He walks away quickly and I text Mrs. Bernadine.

~ Messages ~

Hope:
Hey, I have this school project I have to work on and my friend is helping me. I'll be back later.

Mrs. B:
What! You don't deserve to be out with friends! You better be getting on the bus home!

Y/n Smith:
Sorry! Phone on 1 precent can't text, see you later!

Mrs. B:
Hope harper! You better get back here soon otherwise it'll be much worse than your eye and a hip!!

~ Back At School ~

I put your phone in my pocket muting her notifications, then put away my stuff in the locker so I can meet everyone outside.

"Hey, you ready?" I say smiling at them as they talk, they all nod and we start walking for the cafe. The cafe is quite close to the school, it's small and unpopular but it's a nice quiet place to hang out with friends or work on a project.

As we're walking I notice Peter staring at me. Everytime I catch him, his eyes quickly fall to the floor and I swear I see a small blush forming. This carries on the whole way to the cafe but I try to ignore it.

~ At The Cafe ~

When I walk in me and Mj order some food while Ned and Peter sit down. Mj talks quietly, probably trying to make sure the boys don't hear us, "Peter so likes you." She whispers

I quickly look at her surprised and unsure where that came from, "what? No he doesn't! He likes that Liz girl or whatever her name is. She's a total bitch." I scoff as I finish my sentence.

She opens her mouth wide as if she realised something and grabs your arm, "you so like him! You're jealous!" She says, pure happiness radiating off of her.

Luckily, the waitress pull us out of the conversation as she hands us our food. I say thank you and grab the food while walking to the table, "I do not like him, and he does not like me. And I don't get jealous." I say slightly louder than intended.

I realise the boys heard what I just said as they look at me confused, "who's this?" Peter asks, his eyes shifting between each of mine.

"Oh uh Flash. Mj thinks I like him but I don't." I say quickly, covering my tracks. What Mj said is obviously not true, right?

I sit down next to Peter and Mj is next to Ned opposite us. "Oh. Yeah he definitely likes you but I uh- Ididn't know you liked him..." Peter says scratching the back of his neck again as he looks at Ned.

I smile slightly as I watch his nervous gesture before remembering the topic of conversation, "oh! no I do not like him. He's one of the worst type of people in the world. Spoilt rich kid who is over loved by their parents." They laugh as and agree with you.

I look over at Peter laughing slightly, he turns to me. A small smile plays at his lips as his gaze travels across my face.

Ned and Mj become indulged in a conversation as me and Peter continue to look at each other. There's something so captivating about him.

The way one of his eyebrows naturally sits different, his brown eyes filled with love to give and the care he emits from just his personality. We don't deserve a Peter Parker.

A blonde strand of hair falls infront of my face, and before I can push it behind my ear, Peters hand is already there. His warm touch grazes my cheek and his fingers glide slowly behind my ear.

The tips of his fingers stay frozen against my cheek for a second as our eyes bore into each others. A call from my phone breaks my gaze away from his.

I cough awkwardly as Peter pulls his arm towards his body quickly, as if my face was made of fire. Well, by the way I'm blushing, I wouldn't be surprised.

I turn my phone around to see Mrs Bernadine calling. I guess I didn't silence her calls. I sigh, placing my phone face down on the table and grabbing my bags.

"Sorry guys, I've got to get going, but I'll see you Monday, yeah?" I ask and they all nod with a smile. I catch Peters eyes and I quickly turn away, making my way to the door.

"Wait, Hope!" I hear Peter call as I near the door In front of me. I turn around and see him jogging slowly towards me, my phone in his hand.

"Oh thank you, Peter. I must of forgot it." I say chuckling slightly. I go to grab it from his hand but as I do, Mrs Bernadine sends a message through, catching Peters attention.

Mrs B:
Hope Harper, if you don't get your ass here soon you're going to need more than just make up to cover up what I do to you!

I gasped slightly as I read along with Peter. I should've taken the phone quicker, I'm in so much trouble now.

"Thanks again Peter, bye!" I shout quickly, grabbing my phone from his hand and running out the door.

I run quickly to the bus station and, as if the gods love me, my bus pulls up just as I get there. I jump on quickly, showing my bus pass and climbing further onto the bus, glad I've gotten away from that horror show.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96K 3.2K 15
Peter Parker x Reader COMPLETED 2019 »•« "You could die because you know." "I can live with that." »•« Wi...
325K 13.1K 95
Marvel AU!!! Everyone Peter Parker knows is dead. So he lives at an abusive orphanage. He becomes spider man when he was only 11, because he won a...
Forever By Ava

Fanfiction

1.3K 62 14
Peter had never been in a relationship before. It was a new feeling, it was perfect. Until it wasn't. Not that it mattered though, he thought it was...
103K 2.9K 41
Y/N Stark... Daughter of the famous Tony Stark that everyone knows as Iron Man. Y/N hid a secret from the world. The fact that she have ability beyo...