The Beautiful Tragic Us (Eren...

By vanillasunlight

"Mikasa, I'm ready to leave everything behind for you. I love you." "Eren..We can't be together.." His tears... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Wedding
Chapter 2: Please
Chapter 3: Where It All Began
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 5: The Knock
Chapter 6: Reborn
Chapter 7: Talent
Chapter 8: Overreacting
Chapter 9: New
Chapter 10: Rivals
Chapter 11: Good night
Chapter 12: Gut Feeling
Chapter 13: The Day
Chapter 14: Someone
Chapter 15: Reward
Chapter 16: Kiss
Chapter 17: Don't want
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 20: You Never Know
Chapter 21: Dinner
Chapter 22: Movie Time
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: Only One
Chapter 25: Heaven
Chapter 26: Capable
Chapter 27: Act like it
Chapter 28: Ackermans
Chapter 29: Don't
Chapter 30: After Party
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Baby
Chapter 33: Never Let Go
Chapter 34: She's Gone
Chapter 35: Divided
Chapter 37: Dress
Chapter 38: Want
Chapter 39: Euphoric
Chapter 40: Again
Chapter 41: Game Over
Chapter 42: The Gift
Chapter 43: Heartbeat
Chapter 44: Alive
Chapter 45: Last Night
Chapter 46: The Search
Chapter 47: Training
Chapter 48: The Second Time
Chapter 49: Offer
Chapter 50: Unplanned Wedding
Chapter 51: Manners
Chapter 52: Flashbacks
Chapter 53: Family
Chapter 54: Babies
Chapter 55: The Bag
Chapter 56: What If
Chapter 57: Remember
Chapter 58: You Think
Chapter 59: An Owe
Chapter 60: Avenge
Chapter 61: Annoy
Chapter 62: Protect
Chapter 63: Elders
Chapter 64: Ring
Chapter 65: Trust Me
Chapter 66: Turmoil
Chapter 67: Worries
Chapter 68: Puppet
Chapter 69: Thank You
Chapter 70: Part of Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 36: Fate

865 27 16
By vanillasunlight

Author's Note:

The most exciting part has just started. Ciao! ;D

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Mikasa's POV

"Man. I don't like where this is going." Connie sighed as Armin speaks to everyone.

University is much tiring than we all expected.

"I won't be able to spend time with you anymore guys. I have to manage our company." He says sadly but everyone nodded.

It's the reality that we wouldn't escape. Our families have different businesses and someday we will be the ones to be in charge. Eren even chose medicine to help Grisha soon and I chose business to help Carla. This reminds me that we really are not a child anymore.

"It's alright. You don't have to join us always Armin but we'll wait for you." Eren says but that didn't change the fact that everyone is sad.

Also, that doesn't change the fact that I still hate Eren to the deepest pits of hell.

The more Armin dealt with his loss that is Annie, all the more our friendship gets broken. He still can't move on and you can't blame him. The last time he saw her was the night we were just watching movie on his house.

I stayed silent as I felt Eren looking my way several times. I coughed and excused myself from everyone. I want to relax and study.

"Ohhh? If it isn't the loser. Haha! How does it feel to lose in the division during high school again Ackerman?"

Of all people that I have to encounter today and this bitch showed up? We are still schoolmates even in university?? Bitch

"What do you want Isabel?" I paused as I crossed my arms and waited for her to respond.

"Oh! You know what I want very well. I want your hot brother Eren to be my boyfriend don't forget that." Isabel then laughed a little with her flirty tone.

"Who's gonna be your boyfriend?" I gasped as I heard the familiar deep voice behind me.

DON'T FUCKING LOOK BACK MIKASA. DONT. I reminded myself to stay cool and distant.

I stayed still as I balled my fists. Why did he followed me?!

I saw how Isabel's expression changed as she went closer to where he is. I shut my eyes abruptly. Pretty much annoyed. The bitch.

"Omg!! Eren my prince charming, you came for me. You're so sweet!!" She chuckles as she adored the guy behind me and I don't care.

I don't care right? But why does it still making my blood boil??!!

"Well. What will you do now loser sister? Are you going to get your brother again this time?" Isabel continued and I looked at them smirking.

"I have no problems. You can have him." I smirked and saw Eren's expression turned from shock to angry.

Isabel got speechless as I saw sparkles on her eyes. Bitch. It's not for you. It's because I hate that guy over there!! But cool. Enjoy your fucking day then.

I walked away. I feel relieved I made them speechless but my insides are screaming otherwise.

YOU HATE EREN FOR MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE SHIT FOR YEARS REMEMBER THAT.

I concealed and ignored my feelings as I continued to walk towards the garden of the campus.

"Finally, somewhere peaceful." I muttered.

I sat there and watched the beautiful flowers around.

"Is it you Ackerman?" I looked at where the voice was and I saw the familiar figure of the blond bearded guy with glasses. His dog, Alice is not around.

"You again Mister? I still don't know you I'm sorry." I shyly smiled as he sat beside me.

"What are you doing here? I thought you are going to be somewhere like your favorite place?" He chuckles and I stayed still looking at the grass.

"I just think I need to change. I can't go on like this mister." I flashed him a smile and he nodded.

"That's better. Change is inevitable. You just have to follow your heart." He said which made me snap out of my thoughts. I looked back at him and saw him looking at the sky.

"Are you alright mister?" I asked as I thought I saw him tear up.

What's the matter?

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm just missing someone important extra special today." He says as he grins at me.

I was horrified as I furrowed my eyebrows. Familiar.

"I think they are now in a better place Sir. Did you not bring your dog?" I cooed as I remembered the Alice's white long fur.

"I dropped Alice at her veterinarian today for a check up." He says. So he is alone.

I enjoyed talking to him for a while as he spoke enough wisdom for me. I can't help but laugh. He is a funny and a very smart guy. I found out that he is a Doctor.

"Thank you so much for your time Mr. I really appreciate it. I hope to see Alice soon." I bowed at him a little.

"Call me big brother Zeke." He says which made my mouth form an oh. Okay.

"Okay big brother Zeke. I have to go. Take care." I waved at him and ran.

I was about to head back to my next class when I saw Eren's back walking ahead of me.

Was he following me?? But why do I care. I need to stay away from him. Thankfully, ever since we went to college, we don't share the same class anymore except minors.

My phone rang and I answered as I made my way to sit at the front. Our professor is still not here.

"Hello?" I said and the old woman's voice boomed at the other line once again.

"Gomenasai Mikasa-sama. I know you still have classes I am very sorry. I'll just text you instead Mikasa-sama. Our drivers are waiting for you outside anyway once you are done." She says making my mouth gape open.

"Drivers?" I was confused.

"Heyyy! Who are you talking to?" Sasha asked as she ate donuts. Probably the ones that Niccolo guy have been selling.

"Just a moment." I answered her but the call was dropped already. I instead saved her number.

I am so lost that I didn't listen to my financial management class. What does this know so much about me?

"Bro! You look like a fucking terrorist. What's with the face huh?" Jean blurted at Eren as I've heard as we sat at the cafeteria for lunch.

Armin didn't join us. I was sitting opposite to Sasha and Ymir on the other side of the boys, not minding him.

"It's none of your business." Eren coldly says and I was just listening.

"Oh. The attitude man. I know what you want." Jean smirks as she looked around searching for girls.

He then whispered something to Eren which made his eyes wide.

"What the fuck Jean! We are eating. Fuck you man you're disgusting." He hisses as he walked out. The other one blurted laughing.

Connie and Marco were laughing too and we just flashed weird faces on them. We didn't hear anything.

"Don't ask for it girls. This is for the boys only." Jean winks and I mentally understand. Yeah, I know exactly what he meant.

"We get it asshole." Ymir says making us laugh.

The thought of it in Eren's mind is making me even angrier and I would blame Jean for it. But I remember DO I CARE?

Eren still drives the two of us going in and out of this university but we never speak. It remained the same. And I know it will continue to be the same. It's time to change that now, I can't go on like that. I have waited long enough for excuses.

"Goodbye guys. Take care all of you. See you next week!" I waved my goodbyes at them as they went to their cars.

Now I am once again, left with the person I don't want to be alone with.

"Go ahead. I have to go somewhere else." I said breaking the silence.

"Sure. Not a problem." He says and a pang of pain shoot my heart.

After all this time, few words from him still fucking hurts.

"I'll be home late. Tell Carla." I said and I walked away from him.

He really is the most heartless person I ever met and I am that stupid girlfriend he left hanging.

I picked up my phone and dialed the number of the old woman.

"Mikasa-sama. I am waiting for you." She says and I asked where she is.

"Mikasa-sama, come in and we have hundreds to discuss." An old woman probably in her 50s with black hair tied properly wearing a business attire bows a little before me.

The old woman was standing next to an open car door. A lot of body guards were behind her occupying 2 cars on the front and at the back.

I stiffed. This woman must be a VIP guest here in this country. I bowed slightly making her gasp as she made me stand properly.

"Mikasa-sama, we should be the ones to do that. We have failed to welcome you. We are sorry." They all bowed at me and my eyes widened.

WHAT THE HELL?

"Allow me to introduce myself Mikasa-sama. I am Kiyomi Azumabito. I am the secretary of the late Lord Hizuru of Japan." She says and I was still in shock.

She offers the car door and I gulped then nodded. I am here to know more about myself. I will do this to know the mystery why my parents got killed a long time ago.

The whole ride was silent. Kiyomi was talking often and I listened to her smiling a little but deep inside I am nervous. They are still strangers. What if they will kill me later? What if this is kidnapping?

We went to a Japanese place. A Japanese restaurant to be exact. The place was beautiful and looks very expensive.

"This is not your home yet Mikasa-sama but you will see it soon. We are here after all to get our lost Princess." She says as soon as I sit on the chair, the body guards assisting me.

My mouth hanged open as I recalled what she said a while ago. A princess?? WHAT THE HELL? WHO? ME?!!

"You must be mistaken Lady Kiyomi. I am not a princess. I am just Mikasa Ackerman. My father was a farmer and my mother is a housewife." I reasoned out but she laughed a little.

"Mikasa-sama. I guess your mother never really told you anything." Kiyomi says and I felt really lost.

"Did you have a tattoo somewhere on your nape the same as this?" She showed me the symbol of 3 swords forming a triangle which made me shock.

I DID HAVE.

I turned my back on her and showed her my nape. I heard her gasp and I sit back properly. Now I don't feel so good. Everything is overwhelming me.

"Then I am not mistaken. You really are the long lost Princess. We have been waiting for you for so long Mikasa-sama. You're mother is a Hizuru. What Lord Hizuru told me before he died is to find her lost daughter and give her all his riches but we found out that your mother have died so we searched for you. You are the ones who will inherit Lord Hizuru's wealth. You are his granddaughter." Kiyomi says.

My mouth was hanged open I placed my hand to cover it. I am speechless. I don't know what to say.

"We want to find out who killed your mother. She is a royalty and death must be given to those who spilled her blood." She looked at me in the eyes.

"Just tell us the one you saw Mikasa-sama. Speak what you remembered that day and we will hunt the man down. We are waiting for your orders." She says as she sips some tea.

"I-I..D-didn't know about all of this. My mom never told me anything. I need to think." I said looking at my palms.

"It's alright Mikasa-sama. Everything you wish will be given to you except that you will head to Japan soon. It is where you belong, for your safety too." She says and I nodded.

I have accepted my fate. So this is what my mother meant the tattoo is for though she never explained why she put it into me.

"Don't worry about it Lady Mikasa. We will wait for you." Kiyomi says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761 29 10
A job that you thought wouldn't last even a month, all that turned upside down by humanity's strongest. Funny, because he didn't expect to fall in lo...
969K 23.9K 69
CONTAINS SPOILERS Also contains mature themes, coarse language, sexual themes, etc. Tears stream down his cheeks, but he doesn't cry. His eyes grow...
4.4K 69 10
Levi pushed his feelings aside from Eren to focus on saving humanity from titans when he got hit with a grim reminder on how much he actually needed...