KaiShin Oneshot

By Kai_1412_1

A book of oneshots about Kuroba Kaito and Kudo Shinichi sweet to angsty moments in different stories. Shinkai... More

Childhood Promise
Childhood Promise (Part II)
I'm Sorry⚠️
Forever Yours
Forever Yours (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai]
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part II)
Hidden Identity [ShinKai] (Part III)
Sincerely Yours, Kudo Shinichi
Sincerely Yours, Kuroba Kaito
If Only I Was...
A/N
Christmas With[out?] You
Mistletoe
A New Year To Remember
Best Dating Spot[?]
Hiatus[?] (Not An Update)
Happy Valentines Day!
Chocolate Disaster
Don't, Please[...]
My Metantei
Rejection[?...] [ShinKai]
Full Moon
When I Met You
Her[?...]
You
Love Tonight
A/N [Please Read!!!]
Precious Gift
Love Return (Afterstory of PG)
A/N: Announcement
Cursed Love[?]
Our Little Angel
Blind Love
Blind Love (Part II)
Broken ⚠️
A/N: [Announcement]
Shelter
Different World
Sick Workaholic
Little Not Perfect
Till Death Reunites Us[...]
Happy Valentine's Day [2022]
In His Arms
Author's Note
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Reminiscence
Author's Return

Gift of Love

899 43 3
By Kai_1412_1

A special day where everyone will be looking forward for it to come. Some are excited while some didn't saw it much of a difference in their everyday life, and the latter is what Shinichi is feeling every single year for his birthday. He doesn't get why people should celebrate the day they were born. Yes it was a blessing and something that everyone should be grateful for however he just doesn't see the point of looking forward for such day to come. However, it all changed when something made him looked forward to the upcoming date of his birth. Something that he wished to experience everyday if possible.

Letting out a sighed after receiving some greetings from a few close friends and his parents, Shinichi looked back outside the open window of his room. There at the windowsill, rest a single red rose inside a clear glass vase. Everyone who sees this will think that he put it there himself however they are wrong. Someone who doesn't fail to put such a romantic gesture every year for his birthday that till this day, he still couldn't seemed to find the person behind it. 

It started when he hit his 17th years birthday, where after a long day of being dragged by Ran and the others to celebrate it, he came home to see a single present wrapped in black wrapping and a royal blue ribbon on it. Shinichi first thought that maybe it was a present Ran prepared because she was too shy to hand it over herself however upon opening the box, he knew that it was something that Ran will never thought of giving him.

What was inside is a single red rose and a bunch of cipher codes neatly placed inside another small box with a note in it.

"Happy Birthday to the person who have saved this lonely gentlemen."

-K.K

At first, he thought it would be Hattori since if he has to think among the peers he has, he will be the only one who would send him a bunch of cipher codes but once Shinichi asked him about it, it wasn't Hattori. He thought maybe it was from a fan and Haibara left it there in his room and forgot to mentioned it to him. Shinichi began to forget about it and quite enjoyed solving the set of cipher codes but soon, his curiosity has risen once again. Because when he finally returned back to his original body and successfully taking down the Black Organization, his birthday came, and along with it another unknown present appears in his bedroom.

This time, it was not only a cipher code but a few case scenarios which he has to solved in order to know who the culprit is with the answer inside a locked box, which also has a code he has to solve in order to get the answers inside. Unexpectedly, and not creep out with receiving gifts from an unknown person, he started to wander and looked forward to the next presents he will be receiving. That maybe, just maybe, the identity of the sender will soon come to light.

"But it's already close to midnight, my birthday will be over soon so why isn't there a present this time?" Shinichi asked himself, looking outside the window. It couldn't be the rose that was placed there is the only present he'll get today right? It wasn't like he wanted something more, it's just that compared to the gifts he had received for the passed 4 years, this time it was as if the sender was saying that this will be the last time he will send him presents.

But what Shinichi wants wasn't the present. He enjoyed solving the ciphers and codes he had received and the last gift he received, which was a wrist watch with an engraving of the sender's initial and his on the back, was always kept in the box and he will only wear it during an important occasion. What Shinichi wants is knowing the identity of the sender... No, he doesn't only want to who the sender is but he wanted to get to know him more, so much so that the impossible happened. Shinichi was falling for thim.

This made him smile. It was foolish to think that he fell for someone who he doesn't even know personally but the notes he always left never fails to make him desire to figure his identity out. The love he didn't know grew inside of him was confirmed after he received a bunch of letters that came along with the wrist watch last year. Letters that the sender wrote every time he thought of Shinichi and by the numbers of letters he has to open and read, it was confirm that K.K. always thinks about the detective, and that he, too, has fallen deeply for Shinichi. 

However, Shinichi found this strange. It was the only year that he didn't received a cipher or any code of some sort. Maybe the sender run out of ideas on what to write? Or.. It was hidden in the letters he had received?

This thought made Shinichi got up from his chair as he quickly crouch down to the side of the bed and grabbing the box of letters. One by one he lied all of them down onto the floor and there, he finally sees it. The first alphabetical letter of each letters is written differently compared to the rest and after arranging them properly from the date it was wrote, he finally sees the sentence.

Slowly and carefully, he said what the hidden message is.

"T.H.I.S. W.I.L.L. B.E. M.Y. F.I.N.A.L. G.I.F.T. F.O.R. Y.O.U. T.O. Y.O.U.R. N.E.X.T. Y.E.A.R O.F. B.I.R.T.H. I. W.I.L.L. P.E.R.S.O.N.A.L.L.Y. C.O.M.E. A.N.D. G.I.V.E. Y.O.U. S.O.M.E.T.H.I.N.G. M.O.R.E. S.P.E.C.I.A.L. I.N.S.T.E.A.D. H.O.W.E.V.E.R. I. W.I.L.L. O.N.L.Y. C.O.M.E. I.F. I. H.A.V.E. C.O.N.F.I.R.M.E.D. T.H.A.T. Y.O.U. H.A.V.E. S.E.E.N. T.H.I.S. C.O.D.E. M.Y. B.E.L.O.V.E.D. M.E.T.A.N.T.E.I."

"This will be my final gift for you. To your next year of birth, I will personally come and give you something more special instead. However, I will only come if I have confirmed that you have seen this code, My Beloved Metantei."

Shinichi froze onto his spot when he heard someone synchronising with him. That voice... it couldn't be! However the message he have read was already a confirmation to the identity of the person standing behind him. He only realized it until now at how fast his heart is currently beating and how nervous he was to finally meet the person he has been longing to see for the first time. What if it was someone he knows personally? Or someone who he knew could be an enemy or worse, a criminal. However, from the letters alone, Shinichi knows that the person who's been sending him gifts isn't a bad person at all. 

Calming himself little by little, Shinichi slowly stood up and there, he finally turned around. Staring at the person standing before him, he was quite shocked to know that it was the person he has been constantly hearing about in his University but never got the chance to personally see him. The famous magician who will soon debut after he graduated College. Messy haired, captivating indigo eyes, and a wide grinned on his face. He was indeed good-looking that a straight guy like him is capable of blushing upon seeing him. Well, used to be straight.

Taking a few step closer to the detective, the person who's a splitting image of him stopped right in front of him and spoke once more.

"It wasn't my plan to looked like a creepy stalker sending you birthday presents every year however my desire to be with you couldn't stop me from trying to be as close as possible to you. When I gave you the first present 4 years ago, I was nervous that maybe you would think that it was from a creepy stalker and throw it away. But when I saw you sleeping peacefully in the library with the cipher codes in front of you, it made me happy that even just through the gifts, you acknowledge my existence.  And then a year went by and it was your birthday again. It finally became a habit that every year, I will send you gifts until I was ready for you to know who I really am and I do owe you an apology for taking me 5 years to finally show up in front of you... It.. might sound bizarre and crazy but Kudo Shinichi, for the first time I have laid my eyes on you, you had somehow captured my heart which I didn't regret giving to you. Will you let this magician to continue loving you, despite the lack of communication and information we have towards one another?"

Every word he said and every little details he mentioned just made Shinichi more curious about the person before him. His heart that was beating fast earlier suddenly pick up its pace as it feels like it will come out from his chest. Shinichi knew that it was risky that he, an unknown person, has convey his feelings towards the detective without knowing him personally however, Shinichi just knew that there was something that is connecting him and the man standing in front of him. And he have already fallen for him despite the lack of interaction, that's why he returned the smile of the man and pulled him into a hug.

"Do you really think that I would say no after waiting for 4 years, just to see which idiot keeps on sending me gifts? The moment you sent those gifts was already a unwritten contract that you are in the hands of a detective, I have finally caught you, K.K"

The man he was hugging became stiff but soon, he suddenly returned the embraced with his arms wrapped around the detective. It felt like a dream come true for him, he was already gonna give up the moment he sent the very first gift to Shinichi but when he saw the tired detective trying to solve the ciphers he made rather than doing some projects? It was a spark of hope that maybe he can get Shinichi to fall for him and to which, he didn't failed to do so. 

Finally pulling away, the man made a single rose appear which he handed to the detective and finally said the words Shinichi has been waiting to hear for 5 years. 

"Kuroba Kaito is the name. Kudo Shinichi-kun. I will make sure that the next year your birthday comes, I will finally make you mine properly. No letters, no mysterious present in the middle of the night, just you and me, getting to know one another personally until we eventually fall deeper than before with each other. I swear this words with the moon tonight as our witnessed, Shinichi."

****

A/N: I LITERALLY FORGOT IT WAS SHINICHI'S BIRTHDAY AND JUST STARTED WRITING ONE AND A HALF HOURS AGO!!  Though I do hope y'all enjoy this oneshot!! I've just became really busy that it never crossed my mind that Shinichi's birthday is today.  So, yeah LOLOL If I became inactive for quite awhile don't think that I completely stopped writing alright? I'm just really busy these days so I apologize in advance to the slow updates.

P.S. One chapter down, 4 to go with the KaiShin Story.

P.P.S. Sorry if there are some typos or errors since I didn't have the time to double check since I'm already sleepy and need to be up early in the morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 3.1K 112
[Book 1] Who would have known that one poison was all it took to learn who Kaitou Kid was? Certainly not Ginzo. How the hell was this young child Kai...
445K 17.9K 56
Kaitou KID, (a.k.a. Kuroba Kaito), has found it really hard to concentrate on heists since his little tantei-kun, (Edogawa Conan a.k.a. kudo shinichi...
56.3K 2K 33
just a bunch of one shot ÙwÚ but Kaishin Disclaimer: I will be marking the book complete because well its a one shot but I will still be uploading t...
186K 7.1K 21
[Completed] Kaitou KID and Shinichi Kudo have been rivals since they could think. Whenever Kaito announces a heist, Shinichi would definitely show up...