๐Œ๐„๐๐€๐‚๐„ โš›๏ธŽ ๐—‰. ๐—‰๐–บ๐—‹๐—„๏ฟฝ...

By -sqidey

โ†ณ๐˜/๐ ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐Š is just as presumptuous as her father, and nothing will ever stop her from proving to him t... More

๐‚๐‡๐€๐‘๐€๐‚๐“๐„๐‘๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐‘๐Ž๐ƒ๐”๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐’
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐๐‘๐Ž๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„
cat's in the bag
cat's out of the bag
hey, partner
civil war
berlin nights
social suicide
strike one
cracked the code
new feelings
deer in the headlights
playing pretend
road trip
decathlon
operation ferry
jealousy, jealousy
homecoming, the real thing
i can handle it
battle of the universe
avengers...assemble
void
when you go away, i still see you
stranded
more than just nick's fury
romance in europe
intoxicated
really you
led zepplin?
distraction
last minute mission
just like old times
mysterio spun the fan
we regret to inform you
friends, foes, and frenemies
mistaken
triple peter-tingle
closure
when i do
๐„๐๐ˆ๐‹๐Ž๐†๐”๐„

don't mix business with pleasure

4.5K 126 97
By -sqidey

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

✈︎Manhattan, New York

Two months had passed since Berlin, I began getting closer to Peter and loathing Spider-Man even more.

It was best to keep my work friends distant anyway, don't mix business with pleasure.

But of course that didn't stop him from his teasing, flirting, and competitiveness.

Dad traveled to India, said it was some "Business that I needed to tend to." I didn't bother to look into it because I didn't care.

Apparently; to The Avengers, it seemed if my Father was not home, I was considered a ghost because the tower was empty with not one hero in sight.

Just as the question was asked in my thoughts, reality answered them.

"Good Morning Y/n." Friday spoke into the atmosphere.

"Hey Friday."

"You have one new hologram, from Mr. Tony Stark. Would you like to view it?"

"Yes." I mumbled. The blue rays combined into a thin transparent screen, which made a figure out that looked like Dad.

"Morning sweetie, remember that time you said 'I'm a superhero I can protect myself.' Well, since I'm not at home right now, neither are the rest of The Avengers as you can clearly see. You'll be protecting yourself, but the bodyguards will obviously protect the bottom floors. Anyways, have fun, be responsible, and don't do anything I wouldn't do." The hologram then evaporated into thin air.

Alright Old man, have fun. I tried calling my Dad, seeing if he would answer.

"I see you got my message." Dad said from. the other line.

"Oh please! Father, I'm a damsel in distress I cannot protect myself!" I sarcastically yelped into the phone.

"Sweetie, I'm not doing this to rub something in your face or make you mad, I'm teaching you a lesson. You seriously need to learn how to protect yourself properly." He excused.

All these excuses are getting way too tiring.

Just then I felt an arrow heading my way, I caught it in between my fist.

"Dad! Are you insane!? What the hell are you doing? You couldn't have at least used the magnetic arrows?" I scolded.

"You caught it though, didn't you?" "Don't avoid the point! What the hell's your problem!?" I yelled through the phone.

"Your patience. Alright, love you." He said, hanging up not waiting to hear my many shouts of protest.

"Love you too." I whispered to myself, sadly.

How much more patience can I have? There's only so much hurt I can bare.

I straightened myself up, not allowing my emotions to pour. Then I got ready and went to school.

-

𓄇time skip𓄇

MJ was spotting me as I did my crunches easily, thanks to training.

"You invited to Allens' party?" MJ asked. "Yeah, you?" To which she nodded.

"I kinda' don't wanna' go." I admitted. "Me neither." She said with no energy. "But I'm going anyways because I'm nosy." I smirked.

"Okay then you're gonna' be my ride." Oh, if I'm going to be MJ's ride I have to drive myself, I don't want her to raise her suspicions and have Happy drive us.

I mean I knew how to drive, I just didn't have a license, one trip won't hurt.

MJ and I finished out sit-ups, I excused myself to go sit with Betty and Liz.

"I'm just saying Thor is way cuter to eff." Girl, stop! Please spare me the secondhand embarrassment.

"Like Iron Man is a grown ass dude, thats illegal you know." Quit talking about fucking my father Liz. It's disgusting.

"Hey guys, what are we doing?" I chimed in, acting bemused. "Just playing eff, marry, kill between Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man. Who do you choose?" Betty said.

"Nah, they're not my type." I denied.

Thor and Bruce are like family to me, and well, Dad is my family.

"Not your type? Girl, you are insane." Liz said. "What about the Spider-Man?" Betty added. "It's just Spider-Man." I rolled my eyes.

"'It's just Spider-Man!?' did you guys see that viral video on youtube? He fought off four guys." Liz exclaimed. So what? I can fight off ten.

"Oh my gosh someone's got a crush on Spider-Man." Betty teased. "Kind of." Liz shrugged.

"Ew gross, he's probably like thirty or something. You don't even know what he looks like, what if he has like third-degree burns on his face?" I gagged, playing along.

"I wouldn't care I would still love him for the person he is on the inside." She confided. Ewww. You don't even know the guy Liz. Trust me, if you did you'd never go for it.

"Peter knows Spider-Man!" I heard Ned blurt across the gym. Uh oh. My eyes widened in shock, when did Ned even find out?

Let's see how you get yourself out of this one, Parker.

Peter turned his head rapidly from us and Ned, seeking a valid, logical answer.

"No, I don't...I mean I—" He stuttered. "—They're friends." Ned continued.

As soon as Ned finished his sentence Flash instantly let go of his rope and landed onto the smelly floor cushions.

"Yeah, friends. Like Captain America and Coach Wilson are 'friends'." He mocked.

"I've met him. Yeah, a couple times." He shrugged.

Okay then, Parker. I raised my eyebrows intrigued. "Really, Parker? How?" I asked bewildered.

"Through the...uh, Stark Internship." He stammered. Peter was my friend but he was behaving like an imbecile.

We cannot afford to lose another hero, we have almost none left.

"Yeah well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it." He gritted his teeth, glaring at Ned.

"Well that's awesome. Hey! Maybe, you should invite him to Liz's party, right?" Flash suggested, as Liz was about to oblige, I quickly interrupted.

"Spider-Man's a busy hero, he doesn't have time for some high school party, no offense Liz." I defended. "None taken I get it." She responded.

"Anyways! I'm having people over tonight, you're more than welcome to come." Liz continued. Okay, it's official, I literally cannot stand you.

"Y-You're having a party?" Peter stuttered. Peter please don't let your emotions get the best of you. Not for some stupid girl.

"Yeah it's gonna be killer, you should totally invite your bud Spider-Man." Flash teased.

"Flash, quit it. You're literally not funny at all and you're annoying." I complained, rolling my eyes.

He paced over to the bleachers, his presence hovering over where I sat. "You trynna' go, L/n? Cause I don't mind hitting that big fa—" He tried to say.

Peter tried to come to my rescue, but wasn't quick enough.

Then out of nowhere he suddenly got kneed in the groin. Oopsie! How silly of my little knee to end up where the sun don't shine.

Ooh's and Woah's filled the gymnasium "Don't fight." Coach Wilson listlessly said.

Flash laid on the floor rocking back in forth from the pain.

"What was that about my ass? 'Cause I couldn't hear you quite well the first time." I asked.

"Nothing! Nothing!" He panicked. I backed away leaving the gym.

Peter followed suit. "What you did back there was so cool, so thanks, for defending me too." He thanked.

"It's no problem, but I can't keep doing this, Peter. You need to be careful about what you share about this internship, you know Tony Stark. His work isn't just some game." I warned.

"Woah, where's this coming from Y/n? Why are you so worried anyways?" He pried.

"I just don't want you getting yourself or others hurt." I meant this sentence because if anything happened to The Avengers or my Father, I wouldn't be able to live a single day without them.

"I'll be fine, besides I can just tell him to come by and he'll make a harmless appearance." Yeah sure, harmless.

"If he comes by." I mumbled. "Hey, I heard that." He said, pretending to be offended. We proceeded to laugh quietly.

"Well, I gotta' get back to gym. See ya'."

"Catch ya' later." I waved.

-
𓄇time skip𓄇

I was at home peacefully watching some boring reality show, then Dad decided to call me for once, how rare!

"What's this I hear about you beating a guy up at school? Honey you promised. No trouble." He warned.

"First of all, isn't this school thing temporary? So why should you and I worry about what I do?" I defended.

"It is temporary, just answer the question." He replied quickly.

"Well, how'd you react if you knew that he was talking about your sweet, innocent daughter sexually and then I just did the thing any decent human being would do?" I smiled to myself.

"That's my girl. Anyways, how was school?" He consoled.

"School was the same, the kid got a week's worth of detention and I am at my happiest right now watching some trashy reality show in the tower."

"You doing okay? Nothing bad happen? No bad guys?"

"Dad I'm fine, I can handle it. If I need anything I'll call you, Pepper, or Hap." I reassured.

"How's India?" I asked, trying to change the subject of this call.

"India's great, I'll be sure to kiss the Taj Mahal for you." He joked.

"Anyways sweetie, at the moment I have to go. So kiss Pep for me, alright? Love you."

"Okay, I will. Just not on the mouth. Love you too." I replied.

I hung up and went to go find Pepper in my Dad's lab.

I quickly grabbed her chin and kissed her on the cheek. To which her eyes widened.

"That was from Dad." I explained.

"Grab included?" She asked. I shrugged.

I then continued to converse with her. Telling her about tonight's party, and how I'm going to need her help to get ready.

Maybe this party will be good, maybe Peter won't screw this up, and maybe I can finally rest for a while.

Who said anything about resting?

-
𝐴/𝑁:

I hope u guys like this chapter
tbh I found it boring to write because nothing spicy happened but oh well

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349 7 8
Bucky Barnes x reader (This story only has the characters from the MCU and follows some of the same plot. Other than that it's all made up for this...
1.6M 70.6K 69
๐€๐ƒ๐•๐„๐๐“๐”๐‘๐„๐’ ๐ˆ๐ ๐๐€๐๐˜๐’๐ˆ๐“๐“๐ˆ๐๐† | โDon't fuck with the babysitter!โž In which Tony Stark gets a little worried about his newest prodi...
998K 23.5K 46
โ ๐“œ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ซ๐“ฎ we weren't meant to be normal... โž -Peter Parker. (Y/n) Stark hides behind the last name Miller. Even though her life is surronded by Th...