The Beautiful Tragic Us (Eren...

By vanillasunlight

"Mikasa, I'm ready to leave everything behind for you. I love you." "Eren..We can't be together.." His tears... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Wedding
Chapter 2: Please
Chapter 3: Where It All Began
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 5: The Knock
Chapter 6: Reborn
Chapter 7: Talent
Chapter 8: Overreacting
Chapter 9: New
Chapter 10: Rivals
Chapter 11: Good night
Chapter 12: Gut Feeling
Chapter 13: The Day
Chapter 14: Someone
Chapter 15: Reward
Chapter 16: Kiss
Chapter 17: Don't want
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 20: You Never Know
Chapter 21: Dinner
Chapter 22: Movie Time
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: Only One
Chapter 25: Heaven
Chapter 26: Capable
Chapter 27: Act like it
Chapter 28: Ackermans
Chapter 29: Don't
Chapter 30: After Party
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Baby
Chapter 33: Never Let Go
Chapter 35: Divided
Chapter 36: Fate
Chapter 37: Dress
Chapter 38: Want
Chapter 39: Euphoric
Chapter 40: Again
Chapter 41: Game Over
Chapter 42: The Gift
Chapter 43: Heartbeat
Chapter 44: Alive
Chapter 45: Last Night
Chapter 46: The Search
Chapter 47: Training
Chapter 48: The Second Time
Chapter 49: Offer
Chapter 50: Unplanned Wedding
Chapter 51: Manners
Chapter 52: Flashbacks
Chapter 53: Family
Chapter 54: Babies
Chapter 55: The Bag
Chapter 56: What If
Chapter 57: Remember
Chapter 58: You Think
Chapter 59: An Owe
Chapter 60: Avenge
Chapter 61: Annoy
Chapter 62: Protect
Chapter 63: Elders
Chapter 64: Ring
Chapter 65: Trust Me
Chapter 66: Turmoil
Chapter 67: Worries
Chapter 68: Puppet
Chapter 69: Thank You
Chapter 70: Part of Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 34: She's Gone

1.2K 31 29
By vanillasunlight

Author's Note:
I apologize for very slow updates my lovely readers, I hope y'all are in good health. I'm about to enter the final phase in this semester and everything is just too tiring. I'm so happy to announce to y'all that I did win!! I couldn't believe it too lmao. Also, my grades this sem is excellent I'm speechless. Hope you guys won't stop believing that hard work forever pays. ♡♡♡

WISHING I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME. Stay hydrated y'all. I miss Eren Jaeger everyday btw. Janae!

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
A/N pt. 2

So like I said I was busy but guess what? I got exempted in uni semifinals exam and so here I go. *evil laugh*

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Mikasa's POV

It has only been months since the school year started and Annie became part of our circle. I personally like her. She is a good friend. It first started with a dare and Armin finally admitted that they were dating. I have thought about my relationship with Eren too, maybe our friends will understand? But I don't want to sound clingy. I know our situation too.

Everything was well until strange things started happening inside our school.

"Annie? Are you hurt? Are you okay?"

I was about to go to the comfort room when I heard Annie's scream so I went to her and found blood, odd things on the mirror. My eyes widened. This is horrible. The one who made this is evil. That was the second time she was receiving threats.

"Did you have someone hating you before you got here?" I asked Annie but she said she never did anything wrong to someone.

That's what alarmed the whole school. The days passed and just when we arrived at home, I received a call from Annie.

"Annie? Why are you....what?!" My voice boomed inside the house and Eren stood up.

My hands got shaky as Eren went to me.

"Did something happened again Mikasa?" He asks.

Even Carla and Grisha got alarmed.

"Annie...She said someone called him about Armin." He too froze as he held my hand towards the door.

"Mom we're going out again."

"But you two just came home?" Carla sense something and she's right.

"Armin might be in danger." Eren said and Carla nodded alarmed but praying for a safe trip for us. Grisha was there left frozen.

"Annie..Calm down first. Where are you now? We'll pick you up. Text me your address." I said as I dropped the call.

"What the hell is happening. I am the one who gets into fight but why is Armin dragged into this mess?" I saw veins in Eren's hand.

I placed my hand on top of his hand as he drive.

"Let's just pray Armin is safe Eren." I assured him but he was driving fast now.

"I really hope. I don't know what I'll do if something happens to my bestfriend." He says and I squeezed his hand.

We picked up Annie and went to the direction of Armin's house. She was crying nonstop worried and I was assuring her and Eren drove fast but the car stopped on the way there in the middle of the highway.

"Did you know what caused this traffic sir? We're in a hurry." I saw Eren yelling at the other driver beside him asking.

"Oh there was a car accident a while ago. I think it's a van and a red car." The stranger said and my heart stopped beating.

I looked at Eren and saw his blank expression. He gritted his teeth as I saw tears welling up from his eyes.

Annie bolted out the car not even hearing what the guy said.

"Annieee!" I called as I tried to get to her but the cars started moving again and I went back inside.

I saw a white van and the particular red car at a distance. Annie was attending the guy laying near the ambulance.

A tear escape from my eyes as I covered my mouth.

It was Armin.

"What the hell happened to you bro! You suck." Eren started crying hysterically as Armin's body was covered with blood.

"Eren..." I back hugged him as I tried to escape from my grip. He couldn't take the pain.

Armin was his best friend from the beginning, even before he met me. He knows him more than anyone. The pain he is in right now is nothing compared to mine.

"Eren please don't. I'm sorry..." My tears couldn't stop crying as he faced me back and hugged me tight.

Armin doesn't deserve this. Nor does Annie. They deserve to be happy. Eren couldn't accept what happened to him. Our friends arrived and started crying as well.

"Whoever did this too you is heartless."

Even Jean cried and the playful Connie. Sasha even stopped eating for a while she got really depressed. Ymir the heartless bitch was crying too with Historia.

"Annie where are you going?" I noticed how Annie started fidgeting as soon as he dropped the phone call she took.

She is hiding something I knew it. But she won't tell us.

"Mikasa. I have to go home for a while. I will come back later before Armin wakes up." She wiped the tears on her eyes and my mouth hanged open.

Where is she going?

"Annie. I can be with you if you want especially in this time. It's not safe for you too." I said but she cut me off saying she will be fine.

She insisted and I think I was the only one who noticed her sudden change of behavior. I went by the window as everyone was busy praying for Armin's safety.

I saw Annie got inside a white car parked just outside the hospital we currently are in not far from the accident.

"What is Annie doing?" I went back and went down the ground floor as fast as I could to stop her but the car was already gone when I arrived.

It's headed to the north. I called her phone but it cannot be reached. She turned it off.

"Mikasa? What are you doing here?" Eren came back inside as he bought food and water for everyone.

"Annie..She went out. She said she is going home." I answered.

I thought I should just wait for her to explain to me why she did it but she never came.

"Guys look at this. Isn't this from the port on the north?" Connie was showing us the video of the barge that was on fire.

The news went in immediately and they identified the victims. Annie was there.

"Oh my God. Oh my God. I don't believe this." My tears fell as I catch my breath while walking towards the door next to Armin's room.

I covered my mouth as I slowly sat on the floor. Everyone is crying. The elders including Armin's brother is silent. They couldn't believe it. Annie Leonhart is gone. Our friend is gone. And Armin is in coma.

Eren hugged me as we all broke down crying. He was more calm this time like he already accepted it but I couldn't. I could never accept how tragic these beautiful souls life can get.

I got really depressed. I kept what I saw in Annie's behavior all because I am waiting for Armin to wake up. He needs to know. But how can I do it?

How can I say that my best friend's only love is now gone?

How will I explain to him that she is not coming back?

"She was a good kid. She never wanted anything but to succeed in life..." I felt my heart being ripped to pieces as we all attended Annie's funeral without Armin.

"She never even complained about anything. I don't understand why she went through all of this..." The voice of her mother saying those words broke as she faced the coffin where her daughter is sleeping.

"Farewell my child. Thank you for being born for a short time. May you never forget about all of us in here to this day." She says and I bit my lip trying to stop crying.

"Mikasa dear.." Carla was hugging me as she rubbed my back.

Grisha was there, our classmates, our teachers including Levi, everyone mourned for Annie except Armin. Even in the last days, they still aren't together and that'd what hurt me the most. I want the two of them together.

"Armin..You are awake." I cried as soon as Armin opened his eyes. It took 6 months for him to be awake.

We missed him so much. We are so happy he is already back.

"Armin..You really got all of us worried." Erwin, Armin's brother spoke as he sheds a tear.

He scanned all of us one by one looking for someone...who is no longer with us.

I felt my body shake as soon as he stopped staring at Eren. That ends it.

"Where's Annie?"

His simple question turned everyone silent. Historia cried and I know Armin noticed it. He is not dumb.

"How long will you keep acting?" Everyone went silent and my heart is beating faster.

"Do you really think I am dumb not to know you are hiding something from me? You always tell me Annie is just busy bullshit! She never really came." Armin's voice boomed inside the walls of his room.

He was sitting in a wheelchair his back facing us.

"Armin...I'm sorry.." I broke down crying. My hands are on the floor staring at it.

This is gonna be the hardest thing in the world. For him to find out the truth to what happened to her girlfriend.

"Son..she's gone." Armin's father said and everyone started letting crying noises out of nowhere.

"She's not coming back is she?" He asked as he looked at the outside.

"She's dead Armin. She died from explosion. I'm sorry son.." Armin's mother cried to her husbands arms.

"Armin..I saw her going out just after we brought you here. She said she's going home for a while but I noticed the road she is taking and the thing he went in. It's headed to the north and it wasn't a taxi.." I breathed heavily as everyone looked shocked at me.

"What do you mean Mikasa? Why did you keep this from all of us?" Eren asks and I balled my fists to finish my sentences.

"Annie..There was something going on. I was watching her by the window because I know she is hiding something. I think it's the one who called her earlier that time saying you will get involved into an accident and it really did happen. I'm sorry...I don't know where to start either... I don't know what is happening that time." I cried and cried as Eren made me stand up.

Armin didn't say anything. He just went silent for a while before he screamed in pain.

"Why did you left me Annie? Why did you do this to me. I though you love? Why did you fucking go huh? Why did you leave me?" Seeing Armin on hid knees begging over a stone cold grave makes me just want to vanish.

He wasn't even able to walk normally yet but he forced himself because he wants to see Annie.

It's too painful to watch your bestfriend suffer but you can't do anything about it. We can't turn back time. What died can't be revived.

And it pains me the most.

"Mikasa..Everything is going to be okay." Eren wiped my tears as I nodded slowly.

My eyes are puffed from excessive crying. I could no longer see school the way it used to be. Annie is like the sunshine in Armin's lonely life but the storm came and now, she is gone.

"I am always here. You can cry on me. I will protect you. No matter what the cost." Eren says as he kissed my head and I nodded.

It's not even a year since we got along with Annie but she was already taken away from all of us. This scar and the mystery behind it will forever haunt us.

We went back to school but everything changed.

That's when our group of friends started falling apart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 820 7
Eren loves Levi with all his heart, but when Levi begins to show the boy less affection, Eren gets emotionally distraught. So he breaks up with Levi...
11.8K 303 17
It was a normal day inside the walls, but Titans tried to get in. People screamed. Mikasa had to protect Eren and Armin. Suddenly she hat to save som...
10.9K 330 46
eren jaeger x fem! reader - currently being heavily edited as of 05/2024
20.2K 207 15
Jean and Mikasa consensually decided to get married 3 years after the rumbling. Will it just be one sided love? This is erotica. Cover Photo, credit...