π’―π“‡π‘œπ“…π’½π“Ž 𝒲𝒾𝒻𝑒

By blackgirlwhoreads

[UNEDITED] "So the basis of the arrangement is I will pay for your last three years of medical school, pay yo... More

Cast
Capitulo 1
Capitulo 2
Capitulo 3
Capitulo 4
Capitulo 5
Capitulo 6
Capitulo 7
Capitulo 8
Capitulo 9
Capitulo 10
Capitulo 11
Capitulo 12
Capitulo 12.5
Capitulo 13
Capitulo 14
Capitulo 15
Capitulo 16
Capitulo 17
Capitulo 18
Capitulo 19
Capitulo 20
Capitulo 21
Capitulo 22
Capitulo 23
Capitulo 24
Capitulo 25
Capitulo 26
Capitulo 27
New Visuals
Capitulo 28
Capitulo 29
Capitulo 30
Capitulo 31
Capitulo 32
Capitulo 33
Capitulo 34
Capitulo 35
Capitulo 36
Capitulo 37
-Penthouse-
Capitulo 38
Capitulo 39
Capitulo 40
Capitulo 41
Capitulo 42
Capitulo 43
Capitulo 44
Capitulo 45
Capitulo 46
Capitulo 47
Capitulo 48
Capitulo 49
Capitulo 50
Capitulo 51
Capitulo 53
Capitulo 54
Capitulo 55
Capitulo 56
Capitulo 57
Capitulo 58
Capitulo 59
Capitulo 60
Capitulo 61
Capitulo 62
Capitulo 63
Capitulo 64
Capitulo 65
Capitulo 66
Capitulo 67
Capitulo 68
Capitulo 69
Capitulo 70

Capitulo 52

7.4K 383 32
By blackgirlwhoreads

Lennox POV

"You didn't need to pick me up from school. I'm not a child." I sighed softly, carrying Knox into Beckham's office.  

He came into work late today so I would have a chance to go on-campus and finish up my exams. He was at home with Knox while I was at school. It was a bit more challenging than I expected to say the least. Not the exams, but being on-campus.

"Gia called me because the paparazzi showed up after you got out of class. She was right to call me. You should have." Beckham responded taking a seat at his desk.

"You know why I didn't call.." I sighed softly sitting down with Knox on the couch. My phone was shattered as I was trying to flee the group of vultures that showed up to my university. I'm probably gonna end up on academic probation because of this. While it wasn't my fault, it caused a huge spectacle and was extremely distracting for students. And overall unbecoming of a prestigious college campus.

This has become so much more than what I signed up for..

"I'm not upset Len, I'm just trying to keep you safe." Beck clarified running a hand through his hair. "Come here." He mumbled beckoning me over with two fingers.

I walked over to him carrying Knox with me and he immediately pulled me down on to his lap. "The two of you and Jayce are my entire world. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something ever happened to you." He kissed my forehead tickling Knox's belly who erupted into a fit of giggles.

It would be petty of me to remind him of all the things that have happened to me. They weren't exactly his fault so I won't hold them against him, it is just a bit ironic for him to make such a statement.

"I know Bubs. You were concerned, I understand." I nodded kissing his cheek. Beckham has always been over-protective and as of lately, he's even more so.

"Ahh!" Knox squealed blowing bubbles with his spit.

That's kind of disgusting, I frowned handing the drooling infant to Beckham. This is exactly why he has two parents. I don't have the bandwidth for that.

"You're studying to be a doctor but you get grossed out by bodily fluids?" Beckham scrunched his nose up. "Really Lennox?"

"I want to be a medical oncologist, not a clinical one." I paused remembering he may not even understand the difference of those terms. "I plan on specializing in cancer treatment research rather than diagnosing and treating patients. The only time I'd interact with the public outside of medical school/residency is if I ever ran a clinical trial one day." I explained watching as Knox attempted to chew, well gnaw on Beckham's nose.

He's not old enough to be teething yet, I don't know what the hell he's doing.  This may be the start of that phase where he thinks everything belongs in his mouth. I tilted my head to the side trying to make sense of the scene in front of me. These are obviously Beckham's genes at work.

"Hey buddy, that's not food." Beck attempted to remove his son from latching on to his nose.

"Yeah.. Umm, I'm gonna leave you to deal with that." I gestures to all that was going on with my right hand. "I'm gonna take a nap." I yawned softly, going back over to one of the leather couches in Beckham's office laying across it. 

Beck made no objections and I figured he wouldn't given the fact that he's always nagging me about getting more sleep. I curled up against one of the throw pillows letting my eyes fall shut.

"Babe..." Beckham called out.

"Hmm?" I responded, eyes still closed.

"Nevermind Princess, it's nothing. You get some rest okay?" I could hear rustling sounds and moments later felt Beckham draping his blazed on top of me. He's the sweetest.

"You're so good to me De Loughrey." I mumbled groggily before drifting off to sleep. Though I should've known better than to believe nothing was wrong, things are never quite that simple for Beckham and I.

I woke up to find Knox crying laying on top of me. Someone obviously set him there considering he doesn't posses the full mobility of his legs yet, or his arms for that matter. A quick scan of the room and my eyes landed on Brandt. Of fucking course.

"Why would you do that? He could have fallen." I frowned, cradling my son in my arms slowly rocking him back and forth.

"Beck went to get Jayce from soccer practice and he keeps crying. His diaper is dry, he's been fed. I don't know what's wrong with him." 

"He's okay. He's probably just sleepy, where his pacifier?" I asked Brandt looking around Beckham's office for Knox's diaper bag. We are in the process of trying to sleep train Knox, but he doesn't know how to put himself to sleep yet. He needs to be rocked or fed first and then he'll go to sleep. He's very good at staying asleep though, once you get him down. 

I leaned back against the throw pillows rubbing Knox's back as Brandt located the pacifier case handing it to me. I took out the binky popping it into the baby's mouth, smiling softly when he nuzzled into my chest. He's such a sweet little boy. I'm so lucky to have him.

"Huh.." Brandt tilted his head to the side observing his now quiet nephew. "I would be quiet too if I was laying on some titties." He let out a chuckle causing me to shake my head at him. He's so fucking crazy.

I let out a small yawn, pushing my hair back out of my face. Knox isn't the only one who wants to go back to sleep, the feeling is mutual.

"I heard you had kind of a rough day.. Sorry about your school, that sucks."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess it comes with the territory. Beckham is like a baby Bezos." I let out a small sigh.

"Yeah but Beck says they're not letting you back on campus for the rest of the school year." Now it was my turn to tilt my head to the side.

"When did Beckham say this?" Immediately Brandt realized that he had just fucked up.

"Umm.. I may have misunderstood, nevermind what I was saying. You should talk to Beck."

That's some bullshit and he knows it. "Yeah I'll talk to your brother when he gets back." I rolled my eyes in irritation.

I'm not even really upset with Beckham, more-so the overall situation. Beckham knows how important my studies are to me. The last thing I ever wanted was to fall behind in medical school. I can't complete my third year remotely. That's when they assign students to local clinics and they start treating patients under the supervision of third and fourth year residents. If I'm not allowed back on campus I'll be forced to take a year off. Honestly I never would have signed that contract with Beck if I knew something like this would happen. Guess it's true what they say, love makes you stupid.

"Len? Are you okay?" Brandt's eyes were flooded with concern as I shook my head 'no'.

I'm not okay. Everything that I have spent my entire life working towards could possibly be in jeopardy. It's just so frustrating. On top of that, I don't really even get the luxury of being upset about this. Beckham and I's engagement party is tomorrow so I'll have to be on, all day long.

"Is there something I can do?" 

I only shook my head once again. He's sweet but there's really nothing for him to do in this situation.

"We can sue the school."

I smacked my lips together, cutting my eyes at him. "That only solves problems for people who look like you. I could sue the school but then I'd be black-listed from other acclaimed medical schools because of it." I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just the truth of the matter.

A lawsuit would fix things if I had blonde hair and fair skin. Since I don't, it would only cause me to be labeled as difficult, insubordinate, a liability. The best recourse here is to simply do nothing and hope that I'll be able to return to school next semester. When things die down a little bit, I could maybe consider appealing the university's decision but definitely can't go that route right now. Not when Beckham and I are plastered on the cover of GQ, it would very much so prove their point.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled seeing how taken aback that he was. "I didn't mean to snap at you.. I think I'm just going to go home. Can you call a car for me?"

"Len, I can take you home."

"You're supposed to be working." I reminded him, which was sort of futile given that he is hardly ever doing his job.

"And what's Beck gonna do about it? Fire me?" Brandt rolled his eyes grabbing Knox's diaper bag. "Come on get your stuff, let's go."

It does make more sense considering he has a carseat and a town car would not. "Fine.. Give me your phone, I need to use it to text Beckham since mine is well... You know."

Brandt's a good friend. I smiled softly, adjusting Knox in my arms so I could send a quick text to Beckham letting him know what was going on. Now he can bring Jayce back to the condo rather than bring her to his office.

"How's my baby?" Beckham cooed walking into the living room with Jayce-Lynn at his heels. Carrying bags of takeout from Olive Garden. 

"He's sleeping." I glanced over at Knox who was fast asleep in his electric swing. He's so obsessed with the car-seat like contraption. It's by far one of his favorite things. Sleep or awake. When he's up he'll play with the toys on the mobile giggling endlessly. He's such a happy baby.

"I wasn't talking about Knox." Beck winked placing a kiss on my forehead as he walked past the couch. He can be so damn corny sometimes.  "I know you had a rough day Princess... You okay?"

"I'm okay." I affirmed. I'm just not in the mood to talk about my feelings or whatever right now.

"Uncle Brandt?!" Jayce-Lynn stood in the hallway screaming, "I wanna go down to the pool!"

She's so smart. I just got my hair done so I'm definitely not taking her. Plus it's not even pool season yet. It's March. In case your unfamiliar with Seattle's climate. March consists of 40-50 degree weather and lots of rain and wind. Occasionally there are nice sunny days but it's mostly gray and gloomy. Jayce-Lynn's soccer team is practicing indoors right now cause the field is too wet and they don't want the kids to slip. That would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

"Bug, you know better than to yell all through the house. Knox is sleeping if you want Brandt go find him." I nodded my head towards the hallway where Brandt's bedroom is located.

If Knox wakes up from this nap early his entire schedule will be thrown off and no one has time for that.

At the mention of Knox, Jayce paused running over to the swing. "Hi Baby! I missed you." She whispered kissing his cheek. Oh my god why are they actually the cutest I can't.

I smiled widely at the heart melting gesture. Jayce-Lynn has taken to Knox quite well. Except she refuses to acknowledge him by name, opting to call him Baby instead. As if babies are named baby. After greeting her 'younger brother', Jayce scampered off to Brandt's room as Beckham took a seat next to me on the couch.

"You know.." He started setting the bag of food down off the coffee table in front of us, pulling me into his arms. "I don't think this is the worst thing that could've happened. You were stretching yourself to thin Lennox. I think this break might be good for you... Take some time for yourself."

"Of course you think that." I mumbled laying my heads on his shoulder. Internally rolling my eyes.
Beckham works 70+ hours a week on average. No one is telling him to slow down or work less. He wouldn't be saying this if I were a man.

"Yes, I think you're too pretty to have such large bags under your eyes. They're aging you." Beck teased in an attempt to ease some of my agitation, playing in my hair.

"I hate you." I let out a small giggle.

"Hate your poor sleeping habits." He let out a chuckle, "How about since you're taking a little time off, I do the same? Hmm? We can go on a pre-honeymoon."

"That's not a thing and I don't want to leave Jayce in the middle of the school year. She has too much going on."

"Then we'll do an extended weekend and bring the kids with us."

"Okay." I conceded tilting my head up to peck his lips. I can see how hard he's trying and I appreciate it, I really do. "But one thing at a time De Loughrey. How about we just get through tomorrow before you start planning vacations."

"Tomorrow puts you one step closer to becoming my wife." Beckham smirked. "How's that make you feel?"

Fucking terrified. Rather than admit that I simply smiled and kissed him once again. For all intents and purposes whatever I may be feeling is simply irrelevant, immaterial.

I know it's been a while since I've updated but like Lennox, I am worn out. I'm in the middle of midterms and barely even got this chapter out cause I'm so tired. Gotta be to work at 6 AM tomorrow and it's currently past my bedtime, so don't y'all be stingy with votes and comments😭
~Lee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855 21 19
Ironically the one time Brielle tries to commit to a man for the long haul, he both cheats on her, rips open a terribly deep emotional wound and leav...
25.8K 853 21
***WARNING: MATURE SEXUAL CONTENT*** A 7-part miniseries book, about a young-single man name Derek Mitchell. A Financial Analysts and the best one at...
1.2M 28.2K 64
Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being manipulated, ruined, or even shattered into...
661K 25K 50
(BWWM) EDITING "That cannot happen again." Sunny spoke breaking the silence between us. We must have been sitting in my car for a solid five minute...