Hell On Heels

By TheRunaway

After the heartbreak of having your mate cheat on you, Maree and Amy leave their lives with their friend Jame... More

Hell On Heels
Last Resort
Ol' Red
Porn Star Dancing
Folsom Prison Blues
Someday
Fake It
I'm Not An Angel
Face Down
Headstrong
Nightmare
Hall of the Mountain King
Tragedy
Cowboy
Rock of Ages
No Surprise
Mama's Broken Heart
In the End

Hell On Heels (Givin' In To Sin)

796 30 2
By TheRunaway

Some of you may hate me after this chapter! Sorry. Anyway, just want to send a quick thanks to poppyvampire who actually sent me the song for this chapter! If you have a chance, listen to it. It's pretty good! :D

Also, thank you too all of my readers, voters and commenters! I know I don't say it enough, but I do apprieciate y'all! 

Once I stumble into the hotel room, I spot the bed and make a b-line for it. Reaching its' edge, I fall face first onto it. I sigh as the mattress molds to me. 

"This is the life." I mutter face down into the mattress. "Stalking killers by day, sleeping in creepy hotels by night. I didn't think life could be any better." I say as I crawl higher into the bed and my limbs stretch to find the corners of the bed. 

Anthony chuckles as he moves through the room, "You could be stripping." He mutters darkly.

I push myself up slightly, "Oh no. Bringing in close to two hundred dollars in tips one night and then sleeping in my own bed. The horror!" I exaggerate as I slam back onto the bed. I watch his back as he lays out his materials that he most likely with be studying for two hours before he heads to bed. "You'd like it if you did it." I mutter in defeat, all the muscles in his back tense.

He turns so he's looking down at me, "What?" He asks in shock. 

I chuckle, "Nothing." I say as I turn my head to the opposite wall. "I'm sleepy." I mutter to myself.

"Then sleep." He says as I hear him begin to mess with his things again. 

I cussed him softly as I reached across the bed and dragged the blanket over me. Curling into a small ball, I push the thoughts of today's events out of my head and make myself sleep. 

I could see it all again. Maree lying there, dead. Her eyes pleading for me to save her. Her screams echoing off the walls as though they were the soundtrack to her death. I scream, but nothing comes out of my mouth. The pool of blood under her seeps until it covers the floor and touches my shoe, I push forward to get to her. She needs me and I'm not there. Why can't I get there, why couldn't I have been there? I scream and thrash against the unknown force holding me back. Hot, wet breathing drifts across my neck. I freeze and close my eyes. The monster of my waking life is now haunting my dreams. 'You can't save her. You will never save her. You'll die. Your mate will die. Your pack will die.'  I shudder as he runs his tongue from my shoulder to my ear before pulling back and sinking his teeth into my neck. I can't scream as I hear the audible pop of my neck. I free fall into the blood of my best friend. 

The bounce in my dream wakes me in a cold sweat. I sit up and place my feet on the floor. I move my hair off my sweaty neck as I take a shaky breath. A loud snore sounds behind me and I turn to see Anthony laying with his back to me, arms crossed over his chest. 

"You'd think you'd feel my panic." I mutter as I stand and walk to the bathroom. I pull my nasty clothes off. They have literally blood, sweat and tears on them. I shut the door softly and then turn on the shower. I waited a moment before stepping in, I do a quick turn and the lean my head against the wall to support myself. I let the water run down me and try to relax. I doesn't work. 

My fingers were raisins long before I decided to get out. I grab a towel, missing my pink fluffy one, quickly wrapping it around me. I stare at the figure in the fogged up mirror; there is no telling who she is. There isn't a way to know her life and what she has been through. There is nothing about her because of this foggy covering. I frown and wipe it away. I stare at myself. I look defeated; the dream shook me up more than I care to admit. He's tormenting me even in my dreams. He's trying to break me, like he broke Maree. We won't let that happen. My eyes are no longer my own, they are ours. The metallic glow to the golden brown shines back at me and then seeps back down to my human eyes. We are going to win this. He caused this and we were going to finish this. We are stronger than him. He's just biding his time until his time comes. He's killing people and hurting children. He's going to come after my pack and my father's pack. He did the wrong thing by making this personal. He was going to be given a slow death, and I would be the one to deliver it. 

 I turned away quickly and stepped out of the bathroom; the foggy air bellowing out like clouds. I go to a small table where my bag sits and begin to plunder through it for clothes. I glance at the alarm clock next to the phone, 6:23. I place my clothes to the side and begin searching for a much needed cigarette. Of course, I can't find them. I huff and drop my towel to begin dressing. 

I barley get my underclothes on before Anthony wakes up. He groans as he begins to move, "If you turn over and open your eyes, I will pluck them out." I warn as he yawns. 

"Hurry up and get dressed." He says sleepily as he sits up with his back to me. I finish dressing quickly. "How long have you been awake?" He asks as he glances over his shoulder. I glare for a moment as he stands and moves to the bathroom. 

"I don't really know." I mutter as I pull on my tennis shoes. I glance up and see his silhouette in the bathroom. I walk to the wall and turn the light on, seeing as I am no longer disturbing someone's sleeping habits. 

"I know you didn't sleep good last night." He asks his voice muffled by the toothbrush he was currently using, he takes a break as he spits, "Do you just want to stay here today?" He asks softy, "I think you should relax. We're coming up on three week of this, let's just take one day for a break." 

I rub my forehead and sigh as I debate with myself, I wanted to have a break, but it terrified me to think Brian was hurting someone else. 

Anthony clearly reads my mind, "I don't think he's going to get to far away from you." He says with anger, "You're his number one target and he's not going to leave you for long because he doesn't want to risk you leaving and going into hiding or missing an opportunity." He says while the water runs. 

I hadn't realized what he was saying, but it was true. Brian wasn't going to leave me, I was his prey and he was on the hunt. A shiver goes up my spine as memory of his breath on my neck filters through my mind. 

I needed a cigarette, I think to myself as I run my hand down my face again. I go back to my bag and search again for my little package of cancer. I huff again as I can't find it. 

"Amy? You okay?" Anthony asks and I look up at him. He's standing in the bathroom door way. My breathing hitches and my heart stutters as I realize he's only wearing shorts. I freeze. It was clear that he had been working out. A lot. A blush reaches up my neck to my cheeks as my gaze lowers from his prominent arms and chest down to his defined stomach muscles. It was in that moment that I realized how attractive Anthony was and how attracted to him I was. Happiness and pride filter through to me. I quickly tear my eyes away; my blush deepens and gravitates to my ears as well. 

I clear my throat, "Do you know where my cigarettes are?" I ask trying to cover up everything I was feeling. 

He chuckles, I glance at him, "Yeah." I glare, "I threw them away." He says calmly as he steps back into the bathroom to finish his morning regiment. 

"What?" I ask trying to stay as calm as him, I was failing. "Why did you throw them away?" I ask my voice raising slowly. 

"Because they stink and they are killing you." He says like this is an intervention. 

"That may be true, but they are the only thing keeping me from killing you!" I yell as I walk towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" He yells as I reach the door, I glance at him from over my shoulder. He's standing halfway out the bathroom door with his arm propping him against it. 

"I don't know! I'm about to kill you!" I yell. "Maybe I'll go strip to get some damn cigarettes!" I yell as I throw the door open. I knew that was the wrong thing to say right as it left my mouth. Word vomit, that was exactly what it was. I wish I hadn't said it because if you though I had been pissed, you should have seen him. All anger left me. 

The window shaking growl gave me enough sense to step back into the room and shut the door. In the next instant, he had me pinned to it. Him and his wolf were fighting to stay in human form. It was taking everything in him not to storm out of the hotel, shifting as he went. 

"A-Anthony." I stutter as he wraps his arm around my waist to pull me closer. He growls softly as he rubs his nose from my collier to my ears; I turn my face away, begging my body to stop. 

"Anthony, stop." I say softly as I put my palms against his chest.

He growls again and I feel his teeth scrape against my neck, goosebumps ran up my spine.

 "No," was his reply. 

Okie dokie, what do you think? Please drop off a vote or a quick comment so I know. :D Thanks for reading! 

-TheRunaway

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 11.8K 25
Hayley is thrown into a world of supernatural beings and danger but she doesn't care. After being abused by her dad for several years, she gets out a...
1.5M 50.9K 45
Jason McTern left the small town of Vensword to escape his sorrows. When he returns to check on his diner and family he didn't expect Grace Adler.  ...
62.9K 649 14
WARNING SEXUAL CONTENT When a rogue wolf enters the Silas pack, beaten, bruised and bloody, Arya and James are thrown into a war between Packs that...
2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...