The Beautiful Tragic Us (Eren...

By vanillasunlight

"Mikasa, I'm ready to leave everything behind for you. I love you." "Eren..We can't be together.." His tears... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Wedding
Chapter 2: Please
Chapter 3: Where It All Began
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 5: The Knock
Chapter 6: Reborn
Chapter 7: Talent
Chapter 8: Overreacting
Chapter 9: New
Chapter 10: Rivals
Chapter 11: Good night
Chapter 12: Gut Feeling
Chapter 13: The Day
Chapter 14: Someone
Chapter 15: Reward
Chapter 16: Kiss
Chapter 17: Don't want
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 20: You Never Know
Chapter 21: Dinner
Chapter 22: Movie Time
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: Only One
Chapter 25: Heaven
Chapter 26: Capable
Chapter 27: Act like it
Chapter 28: Ackermans
Chapter 29: Don't
Chapter 30: After Party
Chapter 32: Baby
Chapter 33: Never Let Go
Chapter 34: She's Gone
Chapter 35: Divided
Chapter 36: Fate
Chapter 37: Dress
Chapter 38: Want
Chapter 39: Euphoric
Chapter 40: Again
Chapter 41: Game Over
Chapter 42: The Gift
Chapter 43: Heartbeat
Chapter 44: Alive
Chapter 45: Last Night
Chapter 46: The Search
Chapter 47: Training
Chapter 48: The Second Time
Chapter 49: Offer
Chapter 50: Unplanned Wedding
Chapter 51: Manners
Chapter 52: Flashbacks
Chapter 53: Family
Chapter 54: Babies
Chapter 55: The Bag
Chapter 56: What If
Chapter 57: Remember
Chapter 58: You Think
Chapter 59: An Owe
Chapter 60: Avenge
Chapter 61: Annoy
Chapter 62: Protect
Chapter 63: Elders
Chapter 64: Ring
Chapter 65: Trust Me
Chapter 66: Turmoil
Chapter 67: Worries
Chapter 68: Puppet
Chapter 69: Thank You
Chapter 70: Part of Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 31: The Chase

1K 27 23
By vanillasunlight

Mikasa's POV

"Uhm Miss..Are your bill.." The driver said and I handed him the cash on my hand.

"Keep the change. Thank you." I said as the driver brought me to an empty park near the bridge.

"Are you sure Miss? This is too much." He said and I nodded slowly opening the door to get outside.

I sat at the bench. My phone has been ringing nonstop and I once again turned it off. I honestly don't understand why I still keep a cellphone with me when I don't even use it.

I looked at he night sky and saw an airplane. I wished everything will turn out fine someday. That all of these suffering shall be blessed with a great payback.

I cried once again as I recalled what I saw earlier. I sat there in silence just looking at the cars running on the bridge.

"Mom, dad, you should have just took me with you if that meant I'll not be able to experience this." I said.

Pang of regrets hit me as I gripped my hair screaming my heart out crying. I thought I couldn't cry harder again. I guess I was wrong.

"Hmm you again?" I stopped as I looked up and saw the familiar blond bearded guy with glasses come to me with his dog.

I was shocked to see him again. So it was real. I did saw him before.

"You're that guy in school if I remember?" I asked and he nodded.

His dog went to me and I looked at him.

"Can I hold it?" I asked and he nodded.

"What could be the reason why you are crying young lady? Jaegers again?" He chuckled and I didn't speak.

I don't want to hear anything that screams like Eren. I want to forget him already or that scene today will hunt me forever.

I pet the dog and hugged it. He barked a little as he went closer to me.

"My life is just at the bottom right now I actually have no idea if I still have tomorrow." I nervously laughed as he lit a cigarette.

"I understand what you're in. I've been there too when I was younger." He says and I looked at him as he thought deeply.

Why does this man looks so familiar yet different I can't point out!

"Why do you know me Mister?" I asked curiously.

He sighed and continued smoking.

God I hate cigarettes!! I COULD DIE ON THIS!!

"Oh sorry. Can't be helped haha!" He laughed and the dog barked.

"Cute. I hope I can have one soon." I smiled at the dog in front of me.

"I knew your family because I'm part of it, partly." He says and I was shocked.

I never saw this guy not even once when the clan gathers. I don't know him. Does he mean the Ackerman?

"What family do you mean Mister?" I asked.

"The Jaegers. Who could it be then?" He laughed and I got confused.

"Nah you wouldn't understand yet. There will come a time I will explain it to you." He says and smiled at me.

"Come Alice. Let's go." He says and the dog barked.

"See you soon." He said and I stared blankly at the alley where he and the dog disappeared.

"Who is he?" I thought every event I was in but I haven't really saw him.

Maybe back when I wasn't a part of the Jaeger family he was there and moved away? But that's impossible not to know him after all this time. He still not even introduced himself so how could I know.

"I want to sleep already. This day is a fucking hell right?" I never thought I could say something like that.

But how the hell will I sleep when we live in one house, my room is just on the opposite on his. Fuck this shit. Fuck Eren and Historia.

I turned my phone on again and saw the familiar family picture we had and I broke crying again but calmly this time. A lot of missed calls were recorded and text messages flooded my iMessage as I was about to call Sasha to ask if I can sleep in their house for a day but thinking about Carla, I just don't think it will be a good idea.

I have no choice but to go back home.

It was already 1:55 in the morning when I decided to head back. I'm sure they all are asleep at this hour.

Just as I stepped out of the taxi, the rain started falling down heavily making me soak wet. I turned around to open the gate but too late it was already opened and I was met with Eren.

Fuck my phone and money is probably already dead by now.

He took his jacket off and was about to cover my head when I pushed it away.

His jaw clenched as he put it on his shoulder instead.

I looked angrily at him and I saw how his eyebrows furrowed. I raised my eyebrows towards him as a challenge. He looked mad at me but guess what I am so angry too!! I never did anything wrong and he fucking acts like this?! Kissing a girl no not just a girl but a friend of ours in front of me after saying I FUCKING LOVE YOU FOR SEVERAL TIMES GODDAMNIT. Not on me Eren! I crossed my arms making my chest stand out.

"Let's just go inside first." He said loud enough for me to hear.

He held my wrist and pulled me towards inside.

"DONT FUCKING TOUCH ME!! DISGUSTING FUCKER! TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF!!" I repeatedly said to him but his grip was painfully strong. I didn't forget what happened before my eyes earlier.

"Shut it Mikasa or I will fucking kiss you!" He said back but the rain was strong I couldn't quite hear him.

"HELL NO WAY I WILL EVER FUCKING ALLOW YOU TO KISS ME!! OVER MY DEAD BODY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I fumed in anger. I tried my best to get away from him.

"You are really fucking stubborn huh?!" I shrieked as he carried me. I was turned upside down.

I hit his back and he hisses as he took steps towards the house.

"PUT ME DOWN!! I SAID PUT ME DOOOOOWNNN!!" I said and I pinched his side making him drop me down.

"YOU DONT HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO FUCKING TOUCH ME AGAIN! YOU'RE...DISGUSTING...." I said as I fixed my clothes.

We both are now so wet but I don't have plans to go inside yet. Not when he is here.

"Disgusting really huh? Being lovey dovey with Mr. Ackerman huh? Who's disgusting again?!" He went closer to me and I gritted my teeth.

I slapped his face and he looked away smirking.

I can't believe he even thought something like that to Levi.

He couldn't see it but I was crying the whole time. I mentally thanked the rain because I wont be embarrassed anymore.

"Of course the one who kissed a friend at the party while the one HE CALLED I LOVE YOU was standing before them!! A hug from a fucking family was never wrong get that straight to your head!!" I pointed to his chest several times as I angrily pointed him.

His mouth went wide open and I glared at him.

"You really thought I didn't  know you two are talking? Being together for like most of the time huh? EREN I AM NOT FUCKING BLIND!!" I walked away but he held my hand making me turn back to him again.

"We didn't kiss Mikasa I swear." He said his  voice full of conviction.

I feel like I was about to go insane as I started laughing hysterically. I do sounded like a witch right now.

"Didn't kiss? What the fuck was that then? Bible study? Playing computer games? Cooking? OH MY GOD." I face palmed as I laughed and turned my back on him.

"You know what Eren, why don't we break up." I said and immediately bit my lip after.

"I really didn't kiss her Mikasa." He said and I threw my hair up in the air.

"Fucking the hell I care about that Eren. Just forget it. We are over." I said and walked away again.

"I WAS JUST REALLY ANGRY THAT YOU DONT CARE ABOUT ME ANYMORE AND THEN YOU HAVE THIS MR. LEVI HERE LEVI THERE FUCK LEVI." Eren breaths and felt my whole system shaking as he yelled at my back.

I felt weak. God, can this day be any worse?

"Are you done talking? Then we have nothing to discuss." I said coldly.

I just want to sleep for a month. I'm tired from all of this.

"I don't know what you're thinking right now Mikasa but I understand you. It's my fault we are like this. I don't know what to do anymore." He says and I listened not saying anything and froze on my spot.

The rain slowed down and I can hear his words clearly this time.

"I'm sorry...for everything I put you into.. I am really sorry...you don't deserve this." He said and my tears couldn't stop falling.

I felt a hug from behind me. His hands made it's way to my waist directly touching my skin. I shivered as a cool breeze came in. I'm cold. Thankfully his hands where there.

"I'm really sorry...I love you so much I would never do such horrible thing.." He says and my tears are endless.

"I talked to Historia. She knows about our situation and our friends don't. Even Armin, I still didn't tell him about us. I don't want to ruin everything for us Mikasa. She somehow figured out that we are together and confronted me for it so I asked her if she can do me a favor because I badly needed one who can make my family believe that I am in a relationship by sending them pictures. That's what Grisha said to me when he came back that grandma wants the both of us to be in a relationship and I would never fucking allow you to have one!! I'm afraid they will do something towards our family and that's what made me do it. My family is wicked Mikasa. Jaegers don't deserve you. Like how I don't deserve your pure love." My eyes were wide and my mouth was hanged open the whole time.

"Eren..." I slowly looked at him and touched his now wet hair.

"I got provoked by how Historia said I didn't even check on you earlier when in fact I did and then I saw this fucking short Levi and you are hugging him I feel really betrayed and I got angry at you and him. I didn't even play good this time and she mocked me for it when I wasn't in the mood in the beginning. I didn't even join the party outside and just stayed on that room sleeping until she came in." He continued.

"Eren..Levi is a distant family of mine that's why I am fond of him. He knows a lot about my family's history and he taught me. He only treats me like a sister and nothing else, I hope you understand." I looked into his eyes and he nodded.

"I'm really sorry. This is just a big misunderstanding Mikasa. This is what I get for keeping secrets from you." He kissed my hands and put them on his face.

"I'm sorry too Eren."

The rain stopped and I went closer to him and kissed him on the lips. He got startled as to what I did but pulled me close to him nonetheless kissing me like in desperate hunger.

"Mikasa?" He broke the kiss.

"Hmm?"

"Stay with me and let's stop this chase of uncertainty and regrets." He says as he claimed my lips once again for a heated kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 552 68
Here is ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ You like her, but she doesn't know who she likes with him in the picture. (Mikasa x f!reader) All rights to the creator of AOT I d...
26.7K 820 7
Eren loves Levi with all his heart, but when Levi begins to show the boy less affection, Eren gets emotionally distraught. So he breaks up with Levi...
47.6K 1.2K 33
Attack on titan story! Upsetting scenes, you have been warned ^^