The Beautiful Tragic Us (Eren...

By vanillasunlight

"Mikasa, I'm ready to leave everything behind for you. I love you." "Eren..We can't be together.." His tears... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Wedding
Chapter 2: Please
Chapter 3: Where It All Began
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 5: The Knock
Chapter 6: Reborn
Chapter 7: Talent
Chapter 8: Overreacting
Chapter 9: New
Chapter 10: Rivals
Chapter 11: Good night
Chapter 12: Gut Feeling
Chapter 13: The Day
Chapter 14: Someone
Chapter 15: Reward
Chapter 16: Kiss
Chapter 17: Don't want
Chapter 18: Learning
Chapter 19: Just The Two of Us
Chapter 20: You Never Know
Chapter 21: Dinner
Chapter 22: Movie Time
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24: Only One
Chapter 25: Heaven
Chapter 26: Capable
Chapter 28: Ackermans
Chapter 29: Don't
Chapter 30: After Party
Chapter 31: The Chase
Chapter 32: Baby
Chapter 33: Never Let Go
Chapter 34: She's Gone
Chapter 35: Divided
Chapter 36: Fate
Chapter 37: Dress
Chapter 38: Want
Chapter 39: Euphoric
Chapter 40: Again
Chapter 41: Game Over
Chapter 42: The Gift
Chapter 43: Heartbeat
Chapter 44: Alive
Chapter 45: Last Night
Chapter 46: The Search
Chapter 47: Training
Chapter 48: The Second Time
Chapter 49: Offer
Chapter 50: Unplanned Wedding
Chapter 51: Manners
Chapter 52: Flashbacks
Chapter 53: Family
Chapter 54: Babies
Chapter 55: The Bag
Chapter 56: What If
Chapter 57: Remember
Chapter 58: You Think
Chapter 59: An Owe
Chapter 60: Avenge
Chapter 61: Annoy
Chapter 62: Protect
Chapter 63: Elders
Chapter 64: Ring
Chapter 65: Trust Me
Chapter 66: Turmoil
Chapter 67: Worries
Chapter 68: Puppet
Chapter 69: Thank You
Chapter 70: Part of Me
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 27: Act like it

1K 22 17
By vanillasunlight

Eren's POV

I didn't know where it all started but I have always wanted to be the one Mikasa sees.

I remember when we were young and it was raining too hard. I heard her scream from her bedroom because it was a stormy day and she has a fear of thunder and lightning.

"Mikasa? Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!" I continued to ask her as she didn't stop crying at all.

I was panicking. I don't want my family to think that I was not able to help or play with Mikasa. I don't want them to get disappointed.

Sure, I am a trouble maker as I always protect Armin from his bullies but I will always save my softness for Mikasa. But most of the time, I really keep it all myself and act as coldly as I can towards her.

"Eren...I'm afraid.. The lightning...It's so scary.." She said in between hiccups as she tried to wiped her tears.

"It's okay Mikasa. I'm here." I said as I wrapped the red scarf around her.

"Really? You won't leave me?" She asks as she stopped crying and I nodded.

"I will protect you from that scary lightning hehe" I said enthusiastically as I did a superhero pose.

"Woah.. You are so brave Eren! I want to be like you." Mikasa smiled softly but I could still see her shoulders shaking a little.

"Come here. If you want a hug, I will be your teddy bear." I grinned and she had sparkled on her eyes as she nodded.

Mikasa had a terrible past. Because of what happened to her family, I promised to protect her with all my life. There's something inside me telling that I should be the one taking care of her. I need her. I can't live without her.

As I grew up, my grandparents taught us our family's beliefs and tradition. The Jaeger family is primary concerned to reputation. My grandfather owns a business and my father who have always wanted to be a Doctor pursued his dreams that he didn't go after the company. That made my grandpa disappointed thay he gave a little share of his wealth to my father.

My mom isn't rich either as rich like our clan as she works hard on her restaurant and my dad who built his own hospital from scraps of share he got from his father. Now he is eyeing his grandchildren this time.

"Eren. You bear my name, your grandfather, you have to follow this as a clan heir in the future. The rest of your cousins, even your adopted sister is a girl. There's no way our family will allow them to rule." My grandfather Eren Kruger Jaeger commands as we have gathered for a family reunion.

"But grandpa.. I don't think I deserve to be an heir. I am not a genius like my bestfriend Armin or as diligent as Mikasa. I'm just ordinary." I reasoned out.

"No, you are not Eren. You will later on realize that. You are built different." He says.

I just finished primary school that time when it happened and I didn't know having an great responsibility for your family is a great burden.

"Eren..You have to cheer up. You are still young and you have yet to learn. I will help you." Mikasa cheered me up as soon as we arrived at home that time.

"Kids. I just hope you remember what your grandpa tells you. I don't want you to suffer the same fate as me. Am I understood?" Grisha says towards me and Mikasa and we both nodded.

From then on, I have always looked up to not from my mother and father's expectations but to my grandfather.

"Grandpa..I'm so dumb in school. I cant be genius like dad." I said one time unable to handle the pressure.

If this is the life given to me then I dont want it. I dont want be an heir. I just want a normal happy life with my family. I truly understand dad.

"I value your honesty Eren." My grandfather Kruger says.

"Come." He commands and I went to him.

"I will give you a condition since you are the only boy in our clan." He says.

"Come back to me when you're ready. I'll be waiting for you. Until then, make me proud." He says as he patted my head.

"Yes grandpa." I said smiling a little. But still, the fact that he didn't give up on me as an heir is still making me problematic.

Years passed and I started getting over protective towards Mikasa. It started when Jean tried to hit on her. And then there's this fucking Furlan Church.

"He just wants to get into your pants. He's a fucking asshole." I remember saying it to her but she didn't mind it as she proceeded to treating my wounds from the fight earlier.

"Congratulations Eren.." She said after she kissed me on the lips as the two of us are the only ones left in the parking lot.

I kissed her back this time just as I wanted to do from the beginning.

I got mad at her for being silent with me so I distanced myself. That night, I wasn't able to sleep and I don't know what to do. I love her so much. But my life is a mess. My clan would clearly won't allow this as they treat Mikasa as my sister already and not another person. They would call this incest.

It was in their eyes that we are siblings and that means kissing her is a sin. Incest is a sin.

"Good morning." She greeted despite not having good terms with me.

I said I'll just eat at school and I knew I broke her heart as her eyes dropped. I know she prepared that for me but I didn't even accepted it. I was thinking all of my responsibilities those whole time that I forgot about her. I even left her when I am the only driving for her because I was so mad.

I heard her getting sick as Sasha said to my friends and I nodded when they asked me. I didn't know it was real or just a lie but I got really guilty. I was the reason why she got like that and it pains me.

"Eren..please stay.." He begged and I nodded as I put my hand on her stomach.

"I will." I said.

But few minutes she came in walking down the kitchen with a burning fever looking for me when I bought her medicine. She really meant it.

Being with Mikasa everyday, seeing her beautiful skin, her long black hair, her gray eyes, her pink soft lips, her sexy body figure and the way she talks or smells, is a fucking torture to me. But I respect her so much. I fucking grew up with her. It just cant be helped. She is so fucking hot and I hate her for it.

"Mikasa..I don't think I can hold back anymore.." I spoke as she pressed herself against me.

She must have been so cold since I told her that body heat helps. It's not like I want this to happen but I just want her to recover quickly.

"Eren..I want you.." She says as she wraps her thighs around mine and I froze.

I kissed her. I touched her. I let myself let out from the cage I have put myself from a very long time just for her because she was so tempting I couldn't hold back anymore.

I respect her so much. And I know until that day, I cant be capable of loving her fully the way she deserved to be loved.

Will she wait for it?

That's the sole thing I always ask in space at night. I don't care how many scary movies I have to watch with her as long as I can be with her in the future.

"Son..We have to talk about something.."

That was the first thing my dad said when they arrived home with mom from our grandparent's house.

"What is it dad? Did something happened?" I asked. Now I am starting to get anxious.

"Your grandma..." Dad says.

"What's with grandma?" I asked.

"She wants either you or Mikasa to have a girlfriend or boyfriend already because she thinks she's dying." My father sighed and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Didn't you say you don't want Mikasa to have a boyfriend?" I said and dad sighed.

"I did." Dad sighs.

"And what is this? You did not agree right?" I desperately asked. There's no fucking way I will allow that to happen.

"Of course I didn't agree. But I know how wicked they are. Someday they will be wanting that too from the both of you and they want high end people." He says.

I know. Dad is right.

"You know how they can manipulate people with money Eren. We can get push to the edge if they didn't get what they wanted." He sighs. I understand.

"But still. I won't allow that Dad." I said.

"I'm so glad we didn't live there." He says as he sat down the sofa.

"But Eren.." He says.

"I just noticed how close you are with Mikasa lately you're not like that before." I stiffed as soon as he mentioned her.

"You're just busy with work dad that's why you really don't know that much." I said.

"You're right. But I don't want you to be disgraced or even Mikasa. I want you both to have a happy life with good reputation." He says. He really is a Jaeger after all.

I can't believe even Dad is against incest. But again, we are not fucking incest because we are not siblings to begin with.

"Actually, I already have a girlfriend." I said. I was referring to Mikasa.

"Hmm.. How can I be sure it's not Mikasa?" He asks and I gritted my teeth.

"You'll see soon." I said and he nodded.

"I'm just reminding you that you're still a Jaeger. You have to act like it." He says as I walked away.

I went to the kitchen and found Carla and Mikasa talking happily at how their day went. I can't help but smile. These girls are the only ones making my life outside the chains of responsibility.

"Oh Eren? Are you hungry again?" Mom asks as soon as she saw me.

I saw Mikasa laughed and I threw a look at my mom.

"I'm full mom you know." I said and she laughed.

I smiled as I headed towards the stairs.

"Good night. I gotta sleep early." I waved at them and looked at Mikasa before I headed to my bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 303 17
It was a normal day inside the walls, but Titans tried to get in. People screamed. Mikasa had to protect Eren and Armin. Suddenly she hat to save som...
4.6K 271 26
"we were best of friends, but what are we now?" --- based on a true experience.
22.9K 552 68
Here is ʕっ• ᴥ • ʔっ You like her, but she doesn't know who she likes with him in the picture. (Mikasa x f!reader) All rights to the creator of AOT I d...
763 29 10
A job that you thought wouldn't last even a month, all that turned upside down by humanity's strongest. Funny, because he didn't expect to fall in lo...